Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. (90335 Views)

Less Competitive Universities In Nigeria You Can Easily Gain Admission In 2017 / Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG / Please I Need Good Universities For My Masters' Degree In UK. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Swagk101(m): 9:26pm On Jun 09, 2015
slys:
My front page thins this time around con dey make sense
Dats cos u're jobless grin
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by iphyodih(f): 9:28pm On Jun 09, 2015
FUTY- federal university of technology yola,adamawa state
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Akosxxx(m): 9:28pm On Jun 09, 2015
unijos is no 1 in Nigeria. studying geology anywhere n yet to visit Jos means u re a learner
#TeamGeology
#GreatestJosite

3 Likes

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Judolisco(m): 9:28pm On Jun 09, 2015
Freemanan:

We talking Geological matters here..... Not Transatlantic slave trade... Your turn will come...
slave trade? wtf do u mean lol
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by cmax16: 9:28pm On Jun 09, 2015
stanisbaratheon:

how can your brother have a sharp 2:1 and still have a PGD Na wa Oo

Pdge or whatever it's called. He was advise to do it as he is leaning towards lecturing jobs now. There are prof in his class who are doing the program cos it's a requirement now for lecturing job I was told.
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by bbjummy: 9:31pm On Jun 09, 2015
Uni Jos offers geology and mining not just geology

1 Like

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Akposy(m): 9:32pm On Jun 09, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
DELSU representing
modify ur post and put my pics 4 & campaign na
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 09, 2015
Judolisco:
slave trade? wtf do u mean lol

Hey, your language is offensive... Are you a Kwasuite?
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Aspiregreat: 9:32pm On Jun 09, 2015
BONES488:

The best by Nigerian standard?
Mushroom universities.
Next jhor!!

wtf! I think Mr Bones has something to say.....

Oga pls i need candid reasons for calling those uni's MUSHROOM...
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by orimsamsam(m): 9:33pm On Jun 09, 2015
Proud to be a geologist

Reps futa

1 Like

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by urchman101(m): 9:33pm On Jun 09, 2015
Please remove futo
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by asumo12: 9:34pm On Jun 09, 2015
My love!

Aminat508:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

cheesy
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jun 09, 2015
Aspiregreat:

wtf! I think Mr Bones has something to say.....

Oga pls i need candid reasons for calling those uni's MUSHROOM...

Motion seconded...
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Akposy(m): 9:35pm On Jun 09, 2015
sanandreas:
Representing Delsu. If u are a fresher and u are coming to Delsu, u must study hard. If not, u will turn to medical geologist. 8yrs no graduation grin

Great Delsuites!!!!

Bros vote for ur fellow delsuite for MR NAIRALAND
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by butanep(m): 9:35pm On Jun 09, 2015
jasper83:
Op you are wrong ooo. Your list is complete without UNILAG, do your findings and you will be amazed with their facilities. Like 5years ago Shell donated to them a massive geology lab opposite the faculty of science and a brand new coaster bus to research work. Presently more than 5 of their lecturers are consultant to Schlumberger and co. Pls do ur finding oooo
Unilag geology is still emerging. It is not matured to stand where others are standing...

1 Like

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 09, 2015
Akposy:
modify ur post and put my pics 4 & campaign na
ok na

1 Like

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by slys(m): 9:37pm On Jun 09, 2015
Swagk101:
Dats cos u're jobless grin
No sir

Just fortunate to just check post at the right time
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by butanep(m): 9:38pm On Jun 09, 2015
Proudly Uniben.... Proudly Geologist...

Am a proud Geologist from Greatest Uniben...
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 09, 2015
iphyodih:
FUTY- federal university of technology yola,adamawa state
U studying geology there?

Geology is a beautiful course to study if you are a lover of nature and want to know more about our planet Earth.

I'm a bonafide older granite of the basement complex grin

1 Like

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Aminat508(f): 9:39pm On Jun 09, 2015
asumo12:
My love!

cheesy

Hmm, okay she is nice nd good for u lipsrsealed
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by butanep(m): 9:43pm On Jun 09, 2015
arnoldwilliamz:
My question is that why study Geology?!
You have a problem...
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by butanep(m): 9:44pm On Jun 09, 2015
Chigorkizz:
All these over-hyped courses.
Are you telling us that hundreds of geologist are not jobless in this Zoo called Nigeria?

Job can come at anytime not minding what you studied.

Am a biologist and i believe there is job waiting for everyone of the job seekers.

Still searching...........
I laugh... I like your faith in the midst of storm
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jun 09, 2015
sanandreas:
Representing Delsu. If u are a fresher and u are coming to Delsu, u must study hard. If not, u will turn to medical geologist. 8yrs no graduation grin
lol.. Hin extension go long pass A.Y own

For d record, A.Y spent 9years in DELSU for a 4-yr course

1 Like

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Judolisco(m): 9:45pm On Jun 09, 2015
Freemanan:

Hey, your language is offensive... Are you a Kwasuite?
yeah
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by agabaI23(m): 9:45pm On Jun 09, 2015
You said 15 good universities and not 15 best

Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka has won the American Association of Petroleum Geologists Imperial Barrel Award, in which several African Universities participated. The university placed first with a 79.33% score, leaving second and third places to Helwan University, Egypt and the Federal University of Technology, Akure respectively. Nigerian universities that participated in the competition include Federal University of Technology Owerri, University of Lagos, University of Ilorin, Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Federal University of Technology Akure, University of Ibadan and University of Calabar. - See more at: http://connectnigeria.com/articles/2013/03/26/nnamdi-azikiwe-university-wins-african-geology-competition/#sthash.1r2gH1GF.dpuf

https://www.nairaland.com/1237338/unizik-wins-geo-sciences-competition-among

They went ahead to win the 5th position in the world even when one of their major participants was denied VISA by the US beating the likes of Manchester University to the 7th position.

And lalasticala did not include them?

What's your criteria?

1 Like

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by butanep(m): 9:46pm On Jun 09, 2015
BigSamX:
This list is a wack.these are the universities wit the best geology department.
1.University of ibadan
2.Federal university of technology akure
3.Obafemi awolowo university
4.university of lagos
5.University of Nigeria
6.Ahmodu bello university
7.University of Ilorin
8.Ladoke akintola university of technology
9.Federal university of technology minna.
10.Olabisi onabanjo university.
This list is compiled by a renown geologist of many years of working experience both within and outside the shores of this country.The rating is based on the calibre of sound lecturers,exposure to field work,laboratories and students among others...
You are still dreaming bro... that rating is not valid...
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jun 09, 2015
Judolisco:
yeah

Noted... Speak civil.... Goodnight
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by prof800(m): 9:49pm On Jun 09, 2015
Unilag is also good for geology. In fact, one of the best and it deserves to be on the list.
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by butanep(m): 9:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
Judolisco:
kwara state university nt on ur list
who know kwara state university... the only university in kwara is Unilorin...

The rest na by-pass
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by amanze15(m): 9:51pm On Jun 09, 2015
cmax16:
My younger brother was one of the best graduating student from uniben in his set, with a sharp 2:1, he has a masters, a pgd, he has even been accepted for his PhD all in uniben, yet no job.

Abeg make Una help, those that can. Is there something he isn't doing correctly? E don dey turn stories that touch o.
are u kidding, he should look for a school in the US for PHD some schools would offer to pay his yuition and give him money for research , geology/geophysics is hot cake now

1 Like

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by butanep(m): 9:52pm On Jun 09, 2015
tchidi:
UNIMAID?? Thanks, but i'll pass on that one. angry angry

Wait, my neighbour is a Geology graduate but his school no dey ther! undecided undecided
it's unfortunate... that doesn't mean he is not sound...
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Akposy(m): 9:53pm On Jun 09, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
DELSU representing

In other news, Vote AKPOSY for Mr. Nairaland and get maximum satisfaction..

4 bottles of orijin each for d men and BB-Passports for d women.. As e dey hot abeg
Tanx Baba

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"I Didn't Get Admitted To OOU Because I Am Too Beautiful" - Young Lady / Teacher Demands Sex From Student Of Nuco Comprehensive Secondary School, Uyo / Is This The Highest Score In The Ongoing 2017 JAMB?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.