Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

My Administration Has Performed Very Well – Aregbesola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Administration Has Performed Very Well – Aregbesola (22402 Views)

"Wike Has Performed Better Than Federal Government In Just Two Years" - Akpabio / 11 Things President Buhari's Administration Has So Far Achieved / 5 GEJ Ministers That Performed Very Well (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Administration Has Performed Very Well – Aregbesola by emaculate99: 9:30pm On Jun 09, 2015
Osun State Governor, Mr. Rauf Aregbesola, said on Tuesday that his administration had performed creditable well despite its inability to pay some workers in the state for the past seven months. 

According to a statement made available to our correspondent  in Osogbo on Tuesday by his media aide, Mr. Semiu Okanlawon, the governor, who scored himself high, spoke during a courtesy visit to him by Osun Action Strategy and Development Group. 

He, however, said he was pained by the inability of his government to pay workers, but also sympathised with workers while assuring them that the hardship  would soon come to an end. 

The statement read, “Despite the financial shortage, even the most virulent critics of this  government cannot deny that the administration has  performed creditably well.

“This government built roads, schools, supplied students with Opon Imo (Tablets of Knowledge) distributed uniforms to all public students in the state, created welfare programmes for the old and vulnerable people as well as support farmers.

“No state has  done what Osun did in the area of security, which today has totally checked crimes and other anti-social activities in the state. Huge  amount of money was committed to purchasing armoured personnel carrier and ambulances, which are strategically located in the state and responding to distress calls round the clock.

“If all the programmes with the huge cost involved are factored into the accrue-able revenue to the state, it will be crystal clear why the state is where it is today.”

Describing the situation as an economic tragedy, he attributed the current misfortune to gross mishandling ‎of the nation’s economy by the last regime of the Peoples Democratic Party.

He stated that the unchecked oil theft under the PDP, in which the nation was losing 400,000 barrels per day, culminated in drastic reduction of oil price in the international market.

This price fall has created for the country a tragedy of huge proportion that translated to economic disaster, pains and agony for the workers across the country.

Aregbesola stated the state  collected N5 billion  as monthly allocation in February 2013 but the allocation drastically reduced to a mere N540 million  in April 2015.

He said further, “As we are trying to find solution to this challenges, we must not also run away from what brought us to this situation.

“For those who think this is an opportunity to pillory us in this economic condition, I pity them. Only God does not fail. We shall overcome; we shall recover from this challenge. I sympathise and feel for the workers. I appeal to them to bear with us as we work assiduously to end this problem. I assure them that the period of agony will soon be over.

“It is disheartening for people to work and such work fails to translate into wages. It is a  harrowing experience for both workers and government.

“The challenge of unpaid salaries should not be seen as opportunities by some to pillory either the government or any others facing the same challenges.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/my-administration-has-performed-well-aregbesola/
Re: My Administration Has Performed Very Well – Aregbesola by demmy0325(m): 9:32pm On Jun 09, 2015
..people startd ntcin osun when this man became governor...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Administration Has Performed Very Well – Aregbesola by Akkord4gov: 9:38pm On Jun 09, 2015
This man stil has d mouth to talk.
The way u go rot in hell fire ehn,even devil will cry for u
People go to sleep emptiness and wakeup d same,u still dey put blame on other party

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Administration Has Performed Very Well – Aregbesola by baybeeboi: 9:43pm On Jun 09, 2015
After Tinubu don drain all im state money e d blame PDP....yeye Rascal

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Administration Has Performed Very Well – Aregbesola by atlwireles: 9:47pm On Jun 09, 2015
He stated that the unchecked oil theft under the PDP, in
which the nation was losing 400,000 barrels per day,
culminated in drastic reduction of oil price in the
international marke

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

70 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Administration Has Performed Very Well – Aregbesola by eazisky(m): 9:48pm On Jun 09, 2015
thunder fire him left nyansh

lier... lier.....

if u deceived every one, u can't deceive God

22 Likes

Re: My Administration Has Performed Very Well – Aregbesola by UnknownT: 10:36pm On Jun 09, 2015
Aregbesola haven't heard that Nigeria doesn't have an Oil buyer again? This time around what FAAC and RMAFC will be allocating to governors will be barrels of oil, make all the state use their hands go find buyers grin

163 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Administration Has Performed Very Well – Aregbesola by Aegon(m): 11:13pm On Jun 09, 2015
atlwireles:
international marke

Did a sitting Governor actually say this? I doubt it. if he indeed say this then i blame the people of osun who allowed this slowpoke deceive them TWICE. blaming everybody BUT HIMSELF.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Administration Has Performed Very Well – Aregbesola by Dollyak(f): 11:14pm On Jun 09, 2015
I hate this man. Fvcking kunt that needs his stupid face smashed in. But hey, why bother when I am not affected? Average person in osun and Nigeria generally are too fecking stupid. This should serve as a big lesson to those who vote base on emotions.

27 Likes

Re: My Administration Has Performed Very Well – Aregbesola by ONYX5(m): 11:27pm On Jun 09, 2015
what is this osun monkey talking about?

8 Likes

Re: My Administration Has Performed Very Well – Aregbesola by Tecnonews24: 12:36am On Jun 10, 2015
a rascal WILL always remain a rascal. being a governor won't change that

9 Likes

Re: My Administration Has Performed Very Well – Aregbesola by Nobody: 1:05am On Jun 10, 2015
Aregba back to pawpaw leaf again

1 Like

Re: My Administration Has Performed Very Well – Aregbesola by emaculate99: 3:54am On Jun 10, 2015
Cc: Seun, Ishilove, Lalasticlala. Cc: Passingshot, Mynd44, maclatunji, OAM4J, Obiagelli, Gbawe, Donphilopus, Midolian, Beremx, NgeneUkwenu, Chuhbie.
Re: My Administration Has Performed Very Well – Aregbesola by Ezenwammadu(m): 11:07pm On Jun 11, 2015
This man is a rascal.Your people are dying and you have the guts to say you have done well.Sophiscated politics

Behold the rascal legacy.He spent the nations allocation on this..............world tallest talking drum

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Administration Has Performed Very Well – Aregbesola by LAfricana(m): 11:08pm On Jun 11, 2015
undecided and who gave you the right to score youself.. Arrogant buffon angry

4 Likes

Re: My Administration Has Performed Very Well – Aregbesola by Dollyak(f): 11:08pm On Jun 11, 2015
God will judge him. What a slap in the face of people in osun

3 Likes

Re: My Administration Has Performed Very Well – Aregbesola by Helkayklassic(m): 11:08pm On Jun 11, 2015
This man is high on cow's urine...Mtchewww!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Administration Has Performed Very Well – Aregbesola by Sunnycliff(m): 11:08pm On Jun 11, 2015
I pity my western brothers! What have you guys done to deserves such a man as a Governor! Make God forgive I pray!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Administration Has Performed Very Well – Aregbesola by tociano009(m): 11:08pm On Jun 11, 2015
shocked

1 Like

Re: My Administration Has Performed Very Well – Aregbesola by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jun 11, 2015
Another joke. grin

7 Likes

Re: My Administration Has Performed Very Well – Aregbesola by adedinho(m): 11:09pm On Jun 11, 2015
abeg jae! perform wetin uhn
Re: My Administration Has Performed Very Well – Aregbesola by Feraz(m): 11:10pm On Jun 11, 2015
He stated that the unchecked oil theft under the PDP, in which the nation was losing 400,000 barrels per day, culminated in drastic reduction of oil price in the international market.
Did he really say this? shocked

1 Like

Re: My Administration Has Performed Very Well – Aregbesola by hotgunz(m): 11:10pm On Jun 11, 2015
Tot d don ban ogogoro? Bt ds man s still high wit it for uttering dat statement

2 Likes

Re: My Administration Has Performed Very Well – Aregbesola by ednut1(m): 11:11pm On Jun 11, 2015
joke
Re: My Administration Has Performed Very Well – Aregbesola by ebamma(m): 11:11pm On Jun 11, 2015
The rascal himself,
All this sophisticated 419 you are doing in Osun,
Aregbe fear God oh

7 Likes

Re: My Administration Has Performed Very Well – Aregbesola by UrbanMystique: 11:11pm On Jun 11, 2015
Aegon:
Did a sitting Governor actually say this? I doubt it. if he indeed say this then i blame the people of osun who allowed this slowpoke deceive them TWICE. blaming everybody BUT HIMSELF.
this statement reminds me of jonathan... the dumbest, clueless president ever. cheesy
Re: My Administration Has Performed Very Well – Aregbesola by Ezenwammadu(m): 11:12pm On Jun 11, 2015
While the people of osun are dying the king of debt is in pakistain looking for a new queen

12 Likes

Re: My Administration Has Performed Very Well – Aregbesola by millionboi(m): 11:12pm On Jun 11, 2015
Stop praisn urself

1 Like

Re: My Administration Has Performed Very Well – Aregbesola by shaboti: 11:12pm On Jun 11, 2015
True talk
Re: My Administration Has Performed Very Well – Aregbesola by Abugab(m): 11:12pm On Jun 11, 2015
Ogbeni you are on your own oooo.
When relief materials are being supplied to workers in Osun like refugees of war and you have the guts and effontery to give yourself pass mark.
Na only God go save you for this one wey u dey ooo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Administration Has Performed Very Well – Aregbesola by Ezenwammadu(m): 11:13pm On Jun 11, 2015
atlwireles:
international marke

But the state of osun lGR is bigger than that of the entire southeast put together according to osun defender.So why is the king of debt weeping over oyel money

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Administration Has Performed Very Well – Aregbesola by Simitrendy: 11:13pm On Jun 11, 2015
your administration tried at least in infrastructure but not in workers welfare please sir we do regard u as the AWO of our time but d way u are governing now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osinbajo Visits Southern Kaduna / No Hope For Nigeria Power Sector – Senate / NNPC Begins Oil Exploration In The Sokoto Basin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.