Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,864 members, 7,806,456 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

7 Motivational Graduation Speeches That Will Inspire You - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 7 Motivational Graduation Speeches That Will Inspire You (3062 Views)

China's "Hottest Grandpa" Will Inspire You To Take Fitfam Serious(pictures) / If This Photo Dosn't Inspire You, Nothing Else Will (see Photos) / These Old Photos Of Barrack Obama In Kenya Will Inspire Anyone! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Motivational Graduation Speeches That Will Inspire You by opepwince: 10:23pm On Jun 09, 2015
Feeling down? Confused? Not sure what to do with your life? These commencement speeches may have the answers you’re looking for.
If not that, at least it will inspire and motivate you to bounce back in life...

Here are 7 motivational speeches to inspire you and change your life:

1. David Foster Wallace, 2005 Kenyon Graduation Speech
“There are these two young fish swimming along and they happen to meet an older fish swimming the other way, who nods at them and says “Morning, boys. How’s the water?” And the two young fish swim on for a bit, and then eventually one of them looks over at the other and goes “What the hell is water?”

In this commencement address, Wallace reminds us that we often forget, or take for granted, the most obvious things around us. He acknowledges it’s difficult to stay aware of what’s happening in the world, especially when you’re too busy dealing with the monologue inside your head.

That’s what a college education is about, according to him. It’s learning how to think, exercising some degree of control over your thoughts so you can choose what to pay attention to.
Our thoughts affect our realities, and the ability to choose how you “construct meaning from experience” will determine the lenses from which you see the world and how you react in return.

2. Ellen DeGeneres, 2009 Tulane University
“Never follow anyone else’s path, unless you’re in the woods and you’re lost and you see a path and by all means you should follow that. Don’t give advice, it will come back and bite you in the ass. Don’t take anyone’s advice. So my advice to you is to be true to yourself and everything will be fine.”

This is one of the funniest graduation speeches ever! All humor aside, this speech shows why it’s better to be true to yourself, instead of trying desperately to be a second-rate version of someone else.

For years, Ellen thought being bisexual might prevent her from being a successful stand-up comedian but it’s just not the case. Ellen proved that you can be successful, whoever you are, if you worked hard and learn from your past experiences— even one as sad as the death of a loved one.

3. Charlie Munger, 2007 University of California Law School
“You’re not going to get very far in life based on what you already know. You’re going to advance in life by what you’re going to learn after you leave here.”

Education doesn’t stop after you graduate from college. It doesn’t stop after you finish your MBA or PhD either. Munger says, “Wisdom acquisition is a moral duty. It’s not just something you do to advance in life.”

It’s a moral duty because it’s only through continuous learning that we can add to the vast knowledge of man kind. If we stopped learning, progress in all industries—computers, finance, engineering, biology, stops as well.

Continue Reading >> http://lifefactsonly..com/2015/06/seven-motivational-graduation-speeches.html
Re: 7 Motivational Graduation Speeches That Will Inspire You by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 11:08pm On Jun 09, 2015
I aint clicking that link bro........the three I read so far didn't motivate me in any way. undecided I was expecting to see stuff like:

1. Congratulations, you all have been given a N5 million grant each to start up a business after graduation.

2. I am proud to announce that all of you have been offered automatic employment by Chevron Nigeria, SPDC and NNPC. Please see the Dean of Student Affairs after this graduation ceremony to choose.which of these organisations you'll like to work with.

3. All graduating students should please drop their account numbers with the school bursar, the school have decided to support each graduate with N200,000 each as transport allowances back to their various destinations.

These are motivational speeches........

grin Na joke ooo.....Nice write up bro.

1 Like

Re: 7 Motivational Graduation Speeches That Will Inspire You by opepwince: 11:15pm On Jun 09, 2015
I'm using this three points on my next article titled: Points, A Typical Nigerian youth expect on a motivation Write-up

Rumpelstiltskin:
I aint clicking that link bro........the three I read so far didn't motivate me in any way. undecided I was expecting to see stuff like:

1. Congratulations, you all have been given a N5 million grant each to start up a business after graduation.

2. I am proud to announce that all of you have been offered automatic employment by Chevron Nigeria, SPDC and NNPC. Please see the Dean of Student Affairs after this graduation ceremony to choose.which of these organisations you'll like to work with.

3. All graduating students should please drop their account numbers with the school bursar, the school have decided to support each graduate with N200,000 each as transport allowances back to their various destinations.

These are motivational speeches........

grin Na joke ooo.....Nice write up bro.
Re: 7 Motivational Graduation Speeches That Will Inspire You by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 11:30pm On Jun 09, 2015
opepwince:
I'm using this three points on my next article titled: Points, A Typical Nigerian youth expect on a motivation Write-up

grin I no dey o
Re: 7 Motivational Graduation Speeches That Will Inspire You by opepwince: 11:44pm On Jun 09, 2015
Drop two more so i can make it 5
Rumpelstiltskin:
grin I no dey o
Re: 7 Motivational Graduation Speeches That Will Inspire You by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 12:09am On Jun 10, 2015
opepwince:
Drop two more so i can make it 5
Bro, you're disturbing my sleep angry Dont you know what motivates Nigerian graduates? angry Let me help you sha......cheesy

4. Dear Graduates, it is with utmost pride and sincere joy that I wish to inform you all that you have been offered an unconditional scholarship in the USA. First class graduates are to proceed to Harvard University, 2.1 graduates to Yale University, 2.2 graduates to Massachusets Institute of Technology and third class graduates to University of Carlifornia. Graduates with ordinary pass can apply to Covenant University, Ota. All scholarships cover tuition, air ticket, accomodation, feeding and monthly stipends for upkeep. Please see the VC Admin after the ceremony to indicate your acceptance of this offer.

5. Today, I stand before you all to congratulate you on your successful graduation. I also wish to inform you that the Canadian government has offered 1,000 permanent visas to interested graduates who wish to reside permanently in Canada. Please see Prof. Omobolugbe for further information and registeration.

wink

1 Like

Re: 7 Motivational Graduation Speeches That Will Inspire You by opepwince: 1:37am On Jun 10, 2015
Scheduled for post later today grin wink

Rumpelstiltskin:
Bro, you're disturbing my sleep angry Dont you know what motivates Nigerian graduates? angry Let me help you sha......cheesy

4. Dear Graduates, it is with utmost pride and sincere joy that I wish to inform you all that you have been offered an unconditional scholarship in the USA. First class graduates are to proceed to Harvard University, 2.1 graduates to Yale University, 2.2 graduates to Massachusets Institute of Technology and third class graduates to University of Carlifornia. Graduates with ordinary pass can apply to Covenant University, Ota. All scholarships cover tuition, air ticket, accomodation, feeding and monthly stipends for upkeep. Please see the VC Admin after the ceremony to indicate your acceptance of this offer.

5. Today, I stand before you all to congratulate you on your successful graduation. I also wish to inform you that the Canadian government has offered 1,000 permanent visas to interested graduates who wish to reside permanently in Canada. Please see Prof. Omobolugbe for further information and registeration.

wink

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

. / You Know You Are An Americanized Nigerian If You Now Say: / Shiloh 2013 - Exceeding Grace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.