Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,817 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

Police Recover 10 Stolen Rivers Govt Vehicles - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Recover 10 Stolen Rivers Govt Vehicles (21015 Views)

Two Armed Robbers In Kogi By Police, Recover Weapons(photos) / Pastor Arrested As Police Recover Seven Stolen Vehicles Inside Church / Borno Police Recover Money & Arms From 11 Suspects In Maiduguri (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Recover 10 Stolen Rivers Govt Vehicles by Nobody: 6:15am On Jun 10, 2015
DETERMINED to get back government property looted from the Government House in Port Harcourt, security operatives on Monday evening recovered 10 vehicles allegedly stolen by officials of the immediate past administration in the state.

The vehicles were recovered from two locations identified as Rumuokparali and Trans-Amadi in Obio/Akpor Local Government Area of the state.

A statement from Government House identified the recovered vehicles as one Coaster bus, two Nissan Urvan buses, two Higer vehicles, one Land Cruiser, one Toyota Hilux Pick-up, one Peugeot 607 Saloon car and two Peugeot 406 cars.

It was learnt that security operatives who conducted the operation were accompanied to the locations by some Government House employees.

The Rivers State Governor, Chief Nyesom Wike, had, on assumption of duty, alleged massive looting of government property and facilities by the immediate past administration.

Wike had also taken leading Rivers State stakeholders on a tour of the Government House to see the points where facilities in Government House were either looted or vandalised.

The governor had, however, vowed that all stolen government property would be recovered while those found to have engaged in the criminal act would be made to face the wrath of the law.

A statement from Government House revealed that security operatives had begun the interrogation of those found at the locations where the stolen vehicles were recovered.

Government House in Port Harcourt says the property recovery process will be a continuous process.

Speaking on the development, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Ahmad Mohammad, told Southern City News on Tuesday that the command was able to recover the vehicles based on information that the stolen items were seen in unauthorised places.

“Acting on information that some suspected vehicles belonging to the Rivers State Government were seen parked in unauthorised yards, the command recovered three Coaster buses, two 306 Peugeot, two Hummer buses and one 306 Peugeot,” Mohammad said.

He, however, pointed out that investigation was still ongoing with a view to recovering more of the stolen vehicles and property removed without authorisation from the Government House

http://www.punchng.com/news/police-recover-10-stolen-rivers-govt-vehicles/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Recover 10 Stolen Rivers Govt Vehicles by greatmarshall(m): 6:19am On Jun 10, 2015
Is wah ooo

5 Likes

Re: Police Recover 10 Stolen Rivers Govt Vehicles by TI1919(m): 6:23am On Jun 10, 2015
grin

1 Like

Re: Police Recover 10 Stolen Rivers Govt Vehicles by INTROVERT(f): 6:23am On Jun 10, 2015
Only 10 for now... I don't think amaechi knew about people taking away the cars.

An I don't also think there is any state where govt cars were not converted to personal use after a change of govrmt except that Rivers numbers are ludicrous.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Recover 10 Stolen Rivers Govt Vehicles by Nobody: 6:24am On Jun 10, 2015
Wike recover them all!

Every Rivers State property in the claws of vultures must be taken by force.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Recover 10 Stolen Rivers Govt Vehicles by DaBullIT(m): 6:25am On Jun 10, 2015
[b]If not for Buhari would wike have reported those loots?

No he wouldn't have he'd probably be planning to loot 3X

I guess change is a mentality, a psychological reset button for every [/b]politician

6 Likes

Re: Police Recover 10 Stolen Rivers Govt Vehicles by 2oby: 6:27am On Jun 10, 2015
I don't know y I feel dis is an arranged event.
Who r dis officials who stole d vehicles? No name?
I tink dey need to do more to make dis news at lest 50% believable.

16 Likes

Re: Police Recover 10 Stolen Rivers Govt Vehicles by anthoniosp(m): 6:28am On Jun 10, 2015
ladies nd gents ama leave ma post ryt here incase it gets 2 fp
Re: Police Recover 10 Stolen Rivers Govt Vehicles by eph12(m): 6:35am On Jun 10, 2015
Still I fail to see Wike's plan for his state. What are his campaign promises? How does he plan to achieve them? Who are his cabinet members? He should just stop this show of strength and focus on the major reason why he's there.

16 Likes

Re: Police Recover 10 Stolen Rivers Govt Vehicles by Kennywills7(m): 7:01am On Jun 10, 2015
Governor wike was right after all, amaechi and his officials looted d properties in d government house! i wonder wot is left of d state Treasury however i urge wike to focus more on how to deliver d dividends of Democracy to d people of river state and make them happy

3 Likes

Re: Police Recover 10 Stolen Rivers Govt Vehicles by UnknownT: 7:32am On Jun 10, 2015
DaBullIT:
If not for Buhari would wike have reported those loots?

No he wouldn't have he'd probably be planning to loot 3X

I guess change is a mentality, a psychological reset button for every
politician
how would he spite/indict Amaechi if he didn't report the loot

1 Like

Re: Police Recover 10 Stolen Rivers Govt Vehicles by virud: 7:41am On Jun 10, 2015
eph12:
Still I fail to see Wike's plan for his state. What are his campaign promises? How does he plan to achieve them? Who are his cabinet members? He should just stop this show of strength and focus on the major reason why he's there.
This cluelessness cuts across party line! I feel that every political leader should be justly held responsible and accountable for the ills they ve done! Anti corruption campaigns can effectively run concurrently with other government efforts !

1 Like

Re: Police Recover 10 Stolen Rivers Govt Vehicles by mrvitalis(m): 8:38am On Jun 10, 2015
Tribunal verdict loading.... .. .. .. .. ... .. .. .. .... .. ... .

1 Like

Re: Police Recover 10 Stolen Rivers Govt Vehicles by eph12(m): 9:52am On Jun 10, 2015
virud:

This cluelessness cuts across party line! I feel that every political leader should be justly held responsible and accountable for the ills they ve done! Anti corruption campaigns can effectively run concurrently with other government efforts !
Well can you show me any link to any project he has kicked off so far? He appears in the news too much this days for reasons not benefitting to those that voted him in. He can do this probing or whatever quietly and then come out with the results. It would be appreciated better

1 Like

Re: Police Recover 10 Stolen Rivers Govt Vehicles by dBard: 10:00am On Jun 10, 2015
eph12:

Stop being mischievous.
If there's one thing I liked about Wikes campaign, it was how well outlined his blueprint for the state was.
There was an open presentation as well as a booklet to that effect.

Whether he'll fully achieve them is a matter f anoda day but so far, I'll say, he has hit the ground running (or at least walking grin)

13 Likes

Re: Police Recover 10 Stolen Rivers Govt Vehicles by honestivo(m): 10:01am On Jun 10, 2015
Ameachi govt the most anti Rivers govt.

2 Likes

Re: Police Recover 10 Stolen Rivers Govt Vehicles by Onajevwe(m): 10:20am On Jun 10, 2015
I was expecting to see the names of the arrested suspects but saw none, not even one.

This is an "arrangee" recovery.

4 Likes

Re: Police Recover 10 Stolen Rivers Govt Vehicles by jlinkd78(m): 10:29am On Jun 10, 2015
eph12:
Wike has done more work as at today than any gov including Buhari. He has opened d courts, named his SSG, Started Operation zero pothole with Julius Berger earlier driven out of d state by Amaechi, inaugurated d House of Ass, appointed State Chief Judge and President Court of Appeal, recalled sacked lecturers, dissolved d irresponsible RSIEC with empowermnt from State House of Ass. Tell me any state that has named Commisioners or u dont know u first send list to House of Assembly. Whereas GEJ renovated and took Buhari on a tour of Aso villa, Amaechi n his agents were busy looting govt house properties all to frustrate Wike smooth take over. Let Buhari name his SFG first before we start d speed comparison. Show of strenght doesnt come in yet but ll surely be seen soon when he must have sacked d kangaroo lg elected chairmen following directive from d state House of Ass. Dont tell me d courts cos d courts already wasnt in support of d sham election

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Recover 10 Stolen Rivers Govt Vehicles by CR77(f): 11:58am On Jun 10, 2015
Good job from NPF

2 Likes

Re: Police Recover 10 Stolen Rivers Govt Vehicles by Burger01(m): 11:59am On Jun 10, 2015
I hope this is not false policing. I just don't trust naija policesmiley
Re: Police Recover 10 Stolen Rivers Govt Vehicles by onosprince(m): 11:59am On Jun 10, 2015
Re: Police Recover 10 Stolen Rivers Govt Vehicles by kennydee05(m): 11:59am On Jun 10, 2015
Uuhhhnnnnn!!!
Rivers state officials is that there names?
Please Wike publish them names or remain in your fake recovery

1 Like

Re: Police Recover 10 Stolen Rivers Govt Vehicles by tola9ja: 11:59am On Jun 10, 2015
grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Police Recover 10 Stolen Rivers Govt Vehicles by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 10, 2015
angry grin

I hope say this 'initial gragra' go continue till the end o!! undecided

1 Like

Re: Police Recover 10 Stolen Rivers Govt Vehicles by CR77(f): 12:00pm On Jun 10, 2015
Please say it again
Burger01:
I hope this is not false policing. I just don't trust naija policesmiley

2 Likes

Re: Police Recover 10 Stolen Rivers Govt Vehicles by adonismuller(m): 12:01pm On Jun 10, 2015
Amaechi the saint

If his boys stole cars,then he must have stolen private jets...

Btw, I have not seen Amaechi for days now,hope he has not gone to London to beg GEJ to beg Wike for him?

6 Likes

Re: Police Recover 10 Stolen Rivers Govt Vehicles by Quadrescent: 12:01pm On Jun 10, 2015
Hit Like if you're here to read comments

1 Like

Re: Police Recover 10 Stolen Rivers Govt Vehicles by bdbest2(m): 12:01pm On Jun 10, 2015
Wike needs to work more for his state. Cos dats d only way he can stabilize the political situation in Rivers State.

For your OTG flash drive, plz check my signature.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NDLEA Intercepts Martin Ikechukwu With ₦90m ‘Cocaine Cream’ In Lagos / EFCC Arrests 29 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Owerri (Photos) / Adekunle Mufutau, 4 Others Docked For Possession Of Human Skulls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.