Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

Food Item Not Allowed To Take When Traveling From Nigerian To Other Country - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Food Item Not Allowed To Take When Traveling From Nigerian To Other Country (35785 Views)

Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter / Information Needed From Nigerian Students & Nigerians Living In Germany. / Experience With Immigration When Traveling With Our Nigeria Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Food Item Not Allowed To Take When Traveling From Nigerian To Other Country by benincitys(f): 10:19am On Feb 20, 2009
which food is not allowed to take away from Nigerian when traveling from Nigerian to Europa union , please help this people take all the food item i have in my bag without telling me why ,
the airline is Lufthansa .
Re: Food Item Not Allowed To Take When Traveling From Nigerian To Other Country by ikeyman00(m): 4:35pm On Feb 20, 2009
kia all that dried monkie meat u brought from benin taken away just like that! baby hahhahah

dnt know what part of europe u reside, it seemed to me that u never heard of foot and mouth diease when it went on rampage across western europe; so hence no more fish,meat,liquid or slimy stuff of any kind allowed; only a small quantity like garri, dried pepper and stuff like that allowed

2 Likes

Re: Food Item Not Allowed To Take When Traveling From Nigerian To Other Country by Hauwa1: 5:45pm On Feb 20, 2009
i think you can take anything dried. dried veggie, dried fish, dried oporoko, dried crayfish etc. anything dried BUT nothing liquid, fresh vegetables, fresh snails, fresh anything/liquid state.

i have seen someone brought Palm  oil! i was like cool. how did you do it? i don't know. but pple bring in palm oil.

make sure you wrap everything dried in double lynon bag to prevent the aroma coming out. nig dried thing get strong smell but try tying them in 3 to 4 lynon the day before your flight.

if the thing smell too much, oyinbo go dey act up and dey suspect you.
Re: Food Item Not Allowed To Take When Traveling From Nigerian To Other Country by Nobody: 6:02pm On Feb 20, 2009
u can take anything unless the Nigerian immigrations service at airport came with there problems , IE demand money from u .last month January 22 i was comming back from Nigeria, with airfrance the Nigerian immigration service ask me to remove my Fufu and ogiri ,i told them no , the told me for saying no i should give them something, i said something like , the order officer told me wether i no dey hear , i should go to there office i said where is yr office , my brother in-law told me to give money ,i gave them some naira and the told me  na now u understand .

just prepare to pay the immigration officers at the airport .

1 Like

Re: Food Item Not Allowed To Take When Traveling From Nigerian To Other Country by MrCrackles(m): 6:05pm On Feb 20, 2009
Kuli-Kuli

Fufu

Epa

Boli

Agama Lizard Peppered Stew

Opkoroko

Monkey meat

Bushmeat

City Meat

Fresh Fish

Stewed Ape cheesy

Opka grin cheesy

Moi moi

Dodo

Fried frog meat

Grilled Praying Mantis

Ewa Agonyin

Gbegiri

BRB

1 Like

Re: Food Item Not Allowed To Take When Traveling From Nigerian To Other Country by Nobody: 6:26pm On Feb 20, 2009
Lol, Brash! cheesy

Any more you recall? grin

DeltaVAGTM
Re: Food Item Not Allowed To Take When Traveling From Nigerian To Other Country by babycool(f): 6:38pm On Feb 20, 2009
You are allowed to take dried foods stuffs, even 'ugu' ensure that they are packaged in transparent bags and please declare if you are asked to, dont keep them in your hand luggage and avoid meat and fish products.
Re: Food Item Not Allowed To Take When Traveling From Nigerian To Other Country by MrCrackles(m): 6:50pm On Feb 20, 2009
Siena:

Lol, Brash! cheesy

Any more you recall? grin

DeltaVAGTM

I am just ringing round speaking to families, friends and enemies to see if they have more we can add to the list! grin cheesy

BTW, someone smuggled fried and roasted sallah meat for me last year, how she did it, i dont know

It was concealed at the bottom of a sack of garri and she got away with it, despite the IMMI people frisking her bags
! cheesy shocked
Re: Food Item Not Allowed To Take When Traveling From Nigerian To Other Country by debosky(m): 6:52pm On Feb 20, 2009
Nah I disagree Brash!

My GF brought okporoko, kuli-kuli and other stuff last time she came into the country.

BTW - who the heck eats GRILLED praying mantis? grin grin

You must know lots of weirdos grin grin
Re: Food Item Not Allowed To Take When Traveling From Nigerian To Other Country by MrCrackles(m): 6:57pm On Feb 20, 2009
debosky:

Nah I disagree Brash!

My GF brought okporoko, kuli-kuli and other stuff last time she came into the country.

BTW - who the heck eats GRILLED praying mantis? grin grin

You must know lots of weirdos grin grin

Not my fault, i had to ring loads of numbers to get that list up there

The chick that told me about praying mantis, i have to run from him now, because if he gets hungry, he may try to eat me!
grin

1 Like

Re: Food Item Not Allowed To Take When Traveling From Nigerian To Other Country by benincitys(f): 7:31pm On Feb 20, 2009
every thing was dried, i hate germany and their laws
i m going to fight them until i get my item back ,
nothing piss me up like this .
Re: Food Item Not Allowed To Take When Traveling From Nigerian To Other Country by benincitys(f): 7:47pm On Feb 20, 2009
ikeyman00:

kia all that dried monkie meat u brought from benin taken away just like that! baby hahhahah

dnt know what part of europe u reside, it seemed to me that u never heard of foot and mouth diease when it went on rampage across western europe; so hence no more fish,meat,liquid or slimy stuff of any kind allowed; only a small quantity like garri, dried pepper and stuff like that allowed
they driver me crazy,
i live in germany what did you mean by mouth and foot disease does that mean those who live in Nigerians have mouth and foot disease ? i took food item from germany to Nigerian there was no problem , why they have to be problem when i take item from Nigerian, they take it without telling me why
Re: Food Item Not Allowed To Take When Traveling From Nigerian To Other Country by MrCrackles(m): 8:44pm On Feb 20, 2009
benincitys:

they driver me crazy,
i live in germany what did you mean by mouth and foot disease does that mean those who live in Nigerians have mouth and foot disease ? i took food item from germany to Nigerian there was no problem , why they have to be problem when i take item from Nigerian, they take it without telling me why

Stop fucking moaning and get a life

If you are not happy, pack your bags and return to Nigeria
!! cool

1 Like

Re: Food Item Not Allowed To Take When Traveling From Nigerian To Other Country by DisGuy: 11:21pm On Feb 20, 2009
benincitys:

every thing was dried, i hate germany and their laws
i m going to fight them until i get my item back ,
nothing piss me up like this .

why are you living there then?
Respect their rules or else you and your baby
will be delayed and even fined for breaking the rules
the adverts are everywhere don't bring meat/fish products into the
country! there are so many African food stores in Europe

1 Like

Re: Food Item Not Allowed To Take When Traveling From Nigerian To Other Country by DisGuy: 11:26pm On Feb 20, 2009
Re: Food Item Not Allowed To Take When Traveling From Nigerian To Other Country by benincitys(f): 2:33am On Feb 21, 2009
Dis Guy:

Dont break the law!!  grin

defra
dis guy get a life who break law you or me i was told in Nigerian the item was oOK , nobody told me those item is against the law ,
if you don't have answer to my question move on .
Re: Food Item Not Allowed To Take When Traveling From Nigerian To Other Country by benincitys(f): 2:38am On Feb 21, 2009
MrCrackles:

Stop fucking moaning and get a life

If you are not happy, pack your bags and return to Nigeria
!! cool
who is moaning ? you should get a life not me i have life is you who dont have a life .

1 Like

Re: Food Item Not Allowed To Take When Traveling From Nigerian To Other Country by Nobody: 8:46am On Feb 21, 2009
Benincitys, relax!

And welcome back from Nigeria.

DeltaVAGTM
Re: Food Item Not Allowed To Take When Traveling From Nigerian To Other Country by busybodi: 12:57pm On Feb 21, 2009
i dont know why urs is diff,they have never seized my goods before in frankfurt or any other mini airport ooo

infact i carry all d uncarriables  grin ,and hardly get searched when i arrive,the only search i go thru is d one in naija,there was a time d immigration officers asked me "if i had anything they would like to search" i said "only foodstuffs" and they let me go cheesy

my goods (egusi,ogbolo,crayfish,okporoko,mangara,dried fish,ukazi,oha,ugwu,pear,agbalumo,nigeria knorr,kuli kuli,fufu,plantain,aabacha,ugba,bushmeat,groundnut,naija beans and so on) have never been seized grin grin

very soon i will be carrying live goat,cow and antelope too grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Food Item Not Allowed To Take When Traveling From Nigerian To Other Country by benincitys(f): 5:34pm On Feb 21, 2009
busy_bodi:

i dont know why urs is diff,they have never seized my goods before in frankfurt or any other mini airport ooo

infact i carry all d uncarriables  grin ,and hardly get searched when i arrive,the only search i go thru is d one in naija,there was a time d immigration officers asked me "if i had anything they would like to search" i said "only foodstuffs" and they let me go cheesy

my goods (egusi,ogbolo,crayfish,okporoko,mangara,dried fish,ukazi,oha,ugwu,pear,agbalumo,nigeria knorr,kuli kuli,fufu,plantain,aabacha,ugba,bushmeat,groundnut,naija beans and so on) have never been seized grin grin

lucky you .
Re: Food Item Not Allowed To Take When Traveling From Nigerian To Other Country by benincitys(f): 5:40pm On Feb 21, 2009
Siena:

Benincitys, relax!

And welcome back from Nigeria.

DeltaVAGTM
i hear my brother Nigerian is too sweet if you have money ooh.

1 Like

Re: Food Item Not Allowed To Take When Traveling From Nigerian To Other Country by Busybody2(f): 2:38pm On Feb 22, 2009
Benincity, you are allowed to take any food you want out of Nigeria once you bribe those officials there, BUT you are not allowed to bring any meat or dairy product into the European Union, and you are only allowed to bring in just 1 kilogram of fish, because of foot and mouth disease and mad cow disease.

If they stop you and search you and find out that you are carrying contraband goods, you will either be fined or jailed. So it is a cat and mouse game some people think are worth taking.

You should thank God it was Nigerian officials that seized it because you did not bribe them, what if you were stopped in Germany, they would not ignorance as an excuse and will come down harsh on you undecided Count your loss and move on.
Re: Food Item Not Allowed To Take When Traveling From Nigerian To Other Country by igbonla(m): 7:22pm On Feb 23, 2009
busy_bodi:

My sister, take it easy o. There is hunger in Nigeria and it will get worse if you continue packing our food to obodo oyinbo!

3 Likes

Re: Food Item Not Allowed To Take When Traveling From Nigerian To Other Country by jacq(f): 10:05pm On Feb 23, 2009
Last month when i came thru with lufthansa airline through frankfurt ,i brought with me egusi,palm oil, native soap (the black one),shea butter, oga for soup,garri,beans , and our native beans.

when i got to lagos airport immgration asked me what was in my bag i told her and she asked me to pay up or get it thrown away,i was like what shocked

she said i should give 2,000 naira ,i then gave her 1,500.and she let me be.and my things were still in my bag when i got my bag.

And benin city how did you find Benin city ? or did u stay in lagos or through ur stay ?

1 Like

Re: Food Item Not Allowed To Take When Traveling From Nigerian To Other Country by benincitys(f): 8:43am On Feb 24, 2009
jacq:

Last month when i came thru with lufthansa airline through frankfurt ,i brought with me egusi,palm oil, native soap (the black one),shea butter, oga for soup,garri,beans , and our native beans.

when i got to lagos airport immgration asked me what was in my bag i told her and she asked me to pay up or get it thrown away,i was like what shocked

she said i should give 2,000 naira ,i then gave her 1,500.and she let me be.and my things were still in my bag when i got my bag.

And Benin city how did you find Benin city ? or did u stay in lagos or through ur stay ?
Benin city was cool the people as nice as always i had one of my best time there , the only problem was my baby always have to stay at home when i go out
why if i take her with me i have to pay more or stay longer.
Re: Food Item Not Allowed To Take When Traveling From Nigerian To Other Country by benincitys(f): 12:23pm On Feb 27, 2009
LETTER FROM LUFTHANSA.
dear ms
we were very sorry to learn that your recent flight journey from Nigerian to germany did not proceed as smoothly as expected and regret that you checked luggage was delayed upon arrival in friedrichshafen on 19 february 2009 and personal items were further missing from it upon final delivery, therefore, please accept our sincere apologies for any personal disruptions those unpleasant experiences may have caused.

every effort is made by the respective stations and ground staff to ensure that our passengers´ baggage arrives safely and in best condition at its final destination thus we have immediately informed the responsible teams and station representatives for futher analysis and order to avoid similar incidents in the future.

in view of the partial loss you incurred we naturally cover the value of the missing articles in accordance with our liability guidelines against direct proof in form of the respective receipts, exceptionally , we have now arranged for a corresponding cheque payment of EUR thout direct proof towards the items´value and kindly ask you to allow between 10 and 14 days for the cheque document to arrive with separte mail.
yours sincerely
deutsche lufthansa AG
customer relations

i post this because of my Nigerian brothers and sisters don't sit there and get things taking away from your bag without reasons always go for the why .

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Food Item Not Allowed To Take When Traveling From Nigerian To Other Country by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 03, 2009
Always go for the WHY ! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Food Item Not Allowed To Take When Traveling From Nigerian To Other Country by tRoOE(f): 6:25pm On Mar 03, 2009
If meat is not allowed, so how did my friend bring 2 container full of fried meat cooked with stew and suya undecided
anyway allowed or not, am bringing my suya

1 Like

Re: Food Item Not Allowed To Take When Traveling From Nigerian To Other Country by Nobody: 7:08pm On Mar 03, 2009
@ tRoOE:

I'd say your friend was lucky.

Yes, suya taste good, but not when being eaten behind bars - in fact, the prison wardens will be enjoying your suya, while you eat the regular prison fare, not good! cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Food Item Not Allowed To Take When Traveling From Nigerian To Other Country by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 03, 2009
wink
Re: Food Item Not Allowed To Take When Traveling From Nigerian To Other Country by Nobody: 10:42pm On Mar 03, 2009
aysometin:

I got in to the Uk with loads of Suya on Sunday.
Go ahead jo,nuthing dey happen.
Just appear confident at every stage, u should have no problems

Not very good advice!
No wonder we get treated the way we are - you're actually advicing her to break the law.
If she's caught, at best, she'll lose the things she brought in, and perhaps get a hefty fine.
Worse case scenario, she could be facing a jail sentence, she can't claim ignorance, as there are signs posted at the airport.

To be honest, from your post, I wouldn't say you're bringing illegal items into the country because you love suya.
You're merely doing so to show defiance, and if you do get caught, God help you if you just shrug and appear to show a blatant disregard for the law.

2 Likes

Re: Food Item Not Allowed To Take When Traveling From Nigerian To Other Country by spoilt(f): 12:18am On Mar 04, 2009
I carry all carryables! Ive hammered out a strategy that works for me everytime. I am hardly ever hand searched. im all sweet and vulnerable and they let me walk on through. grin

Even at that you can carry just about anything. Garri and stuff. No Palm oil i was told (can leak and go on other people's stuff) and no fresh fruit.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Picture Of Flt Lt. Ebitimi Owei One Of The Victims Of The Crashed Fighter Jet / Train Crushes Army Sergeant Jidean Samson On Motorcycle In Lagos / Flood Swept People Away In Saki, Oyo State (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.