Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,782 members, 7,802,425 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

Why You Need To Keep Your ATM Card Than Your Pin. - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Why You Need To Keep Your ATM Card Than Your Pin. (1976 Views)

Timilehin Daomi Invents Coins-Dispensing ATM In Lagos (Photos, Video) / How To Maintain And Fix Your ATM Card / For Atm Users, See The 20 Most Guessed Atm Pin Numbers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Need To Keep Your ATM Card Than Your Pin. by Oworock(m): 11:28am On Jun 10, 2015
Why you need to keep your ATM card than your pin.
This day we have been hearing of internet scam and how a lot of people are losing thousands and millions to the scammers through their ATM card. Have you ever received an alert from your bank telling you that some amount of money have been deducted from your bank account without you making the transaction? I know many people will answer yes, but today I will show you how the scammers are withdrawing your money without knowing your ATM pin.
1. Your ATM is not well kept.
2. You always or sometime ask somebody to help you withdraw from the machine because you are facing some problem from the machine.
3. You have once mistakenly upload the picture of your ATM card to social networking sites
4. You once play with stranger of even a neighbour with the details written on your ATM card
5. And many more ways which you know.
Have you been wondering that in the above list I did not mention anything about your pin? Now I will show you some ways how your money can been deducted without knowing your password or pin.
This is the time of online business when everybody is buying from the internet. There are many ways of paying when you buy good from the internet, buyers can pay through the following means.
1. PayPal.com
2. Credit card (Your ATM)
3. InterSwitch (Nigeria Only)
4. VougePay
5. BitCoin etc.
On the list above you can see where your ATM is needed, that is where the scammers will use your ATM to buy goods from the internet and your account will be debited instantly.
The following are the important things the scammers needed which can be get through the means I mention above.
1. The complete name on the ATM card
2. The ATM card number
3. The CCV2 Number
( The number at the back of your ATM card)
The card expiring date

the essential code are shown above
From that list you ATM pin is not listed and the payments will be successful without stress.
Dear reader this is to tell you that you need to keep your ATM card even more secure than your ATM pin.
SOURCE @OWOROCK BLOG
Re: Why You Need To Keep Your ATM Card Than Your Pin. by daamazing(m): 11:40am On Jun 10, 2015
NIce fp please
Re: Why You Need To Keep Your ATM Card Than Your Pin. by hopeforcharles(m): 12:17pm On Jun 10, 2015
Oworock:
Why you need to keep your ATM card than your pin.
This day we have been hearing of internet scam and how a lot of people are losing thousands and millions to the scammers through their ATM card. Have you ever received an alert from your bank telling you that some amount of money have been deducted from your bank account without you making the transaction? I know many people will answer yes, but today I will show you how the scammers are withdrawing your money without knowing your ATM pin.
1. Your ATM is not well kept.
2. You always or sometime ask somebody to help you withdraw from the machine because you are facing some problem from the machine.
3. You have once mistakenly upload the picture of your ATM card to social networking sites
4. You once play with stranger of even a neighbour with the details written on your ATM card
5. And many more ways which you know.
Have you been wondering that in the above list I did not mention anything about your pin? Now I will show you some ways how your money can been deducted without knowing your password or pin.
This is the time of online business when everybody is buying from the internet. There are many ways of paying when you buy good from the internet, buyers can pay through the following means.
1. PayPal.com
2. Credit card (Your ATM)
3. InterSwitch (Nigeria Only)
4. VougePay
5. BitCoin etc.
On the list above you can see where your ATM is needed, that is where the scammers will use your ATM to buy goods from the internet and your account will be debited instantly.
The following are the important things the scammers needed which can be get through the means I mention above.
1. The complete name on the ATM card
2. The ATM card number
3. The CCV2 Number
( The number at the back of your ATM card)
The card expiring date

the essential code are shown above
From that list you ATM pin is not listed and the payments will be successful without stress.
Dear reader this is to tell you that you need to keep your ATM card even more secure than your ATM pin.
SOURCE @OWOROCK BLOG
Very true. Esp. That CCV2 code. Peeps becareful.
Re: Why You Need To Keep Your ATM Card Than Your Pin. by khalhokage(m): 1:04pm On Jun 10, 2015
You'll still need the pin to use those services.
Re: Why You Need To Keep Your ATM Card Than Your Pin. by Oworock(m): 1:13pm On Jun 10, 2015
khalhokage:
You'll still need the pin to use those services.
in most of the foreign sites they dont need your pin. you can also read this and see that even without internet, but your sim they can swap your money from bank
Re: Why You Need To Keep Your ATM Card Than Your Pin. by Awoofawo(m): 9:14pm On Jun 10, 2015
This is very true. All that is need is access to the network sim linked to the bank account.
For example you can buy airtime by dialling a simple shortcode (no pin validation).
Handing out your mobile phone (linked to your account number) may expose you to fraud!
Oworock:
in most of the foreign sites they dont need your pin. you can also read this and see that even without internet, but your sim they can swap your money from bank

(1) (Reply)

My Starlink Nigeria Working In Most Rural Place Of Niger State, Near Benin Rep / Best Social Networking Site In Africa / HOW TO BECOME INVISIBLE ....(with photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.