Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,463 members, 7,781,341 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:42 PM

In The Service Of Father Land. (A Corpers Detailed Camp Experience) - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / In The Service Of Father Land. (A Corpers Detailed Camp Experience) (6572 Views)

Ebonyi Corper Shares His Orientation Camp Experience – A Corper’s Tale / 2016 Batch A Corpers: Things You Must Take Along To NYSC Camp To Avoid Stress / A Corpers Personal Charity Foundation Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In The Service Of Father Land. (A Corpers Detailed Camp Experience) by Kingnap(m): 9:24pm On Jun 22, 2015
Pls i dont undestand phrase ''to buy jobs'' as used in this write up. Kudos 2u man [nice write up]... Lookin 4ward 2 my own camp experience by november.
Re: In The Service Of Father Land. (A Corpers Detailed Camp Experience) by arcnomec(m): 11:47pm On Jun 22, 2015
Radiokilla,I honestly think one can create a picture from kachiz's write up or do I say Nysc camp journal........
Re: In The Service Of Father Land. (A Corpers Detailed Camp Experience) by Olanireti(m): 6:08am On Jun 23, 2015
Nice one bro
Re: In The Service Of Father Land. (A Corpers Detailed Camp Experience) by Sweetyie(f): 3:11pm On Jun 23, 2015
I kept on grinning and laughing while reading this. Nice write up @ op
Re: In The Service Of Father Land. (A Corpers Detailed Camp Experience) by kachiz(m): 11:25am On Jun 24, 2015
radiokilla:
Of all that is left is the picture. Kachis,do the needful

No pictures. what if I become a terrorist tomorrow,
Don't worry pictures might come with days that has pictures.
Re: In The Service Of Father Land. (A Corpers Detailed Camp Experience) by kachiz(m): 11:29am On Jun 24, 2015
Kingnap:
Pls i dont undestand phrase ''to buy jobs'' as used in this write up. Kudos 2u man [nice write up]... Lookin 4ward 2 my own camp experience by november.

"To buy job" is a phrase the soldiers use to denote their own punishment.
Job means punishment.

2 Likes

Re: In The Service Of Father Land. (A Corpers Detailed Camp Experience) by kachiz(m): 11:31am On Jun 24, 2015
#Day8 09/06/2015

"Youths Obey the clarion call,
Let us lift our Nation high,
Under the sun and in the rain,
With dedication and selflessness,
Nigeria is ours, Nigeria we serve..."

That's what the NYSC anthem looks like, please look well and help me check if you will see anything like "under the cold" or "in the cold". Being on that parade ground as early as 5am feels like stepping out of your bed and heading straight into a Samsung galaxy freezer with just white shorts and a white polo that the material is lighter than that of a feather. The cold now takes his time to deal with us.

Just the thoughts of those super boring lectures makes you wonder why bad things happen to good people. I have never been an early goer to most activities, so today as usual I didn't meet any free seat in that hall. I had to go with two other guys to carry a fallen Iroko tree that will serve as our sofa as we endured the lectures that we were forced to listen to. After we carried it to the hall, this guy (lemme not call him foolish) now came and asked me if I wanted to sit on it, I think you should know what I answered him.
I am gradually going back in time against evolution. If I am not standing up for some very long hours, it will be sitting on the ground, on top of a stone or a dried tree trunk. If I continue at this rate, maybe by the end of next week, I would have started chewing grass, drinking blood and tying loin cloths.

Because of the limited no of seats in that yeye hall, if any official finds you sleeping, you are definitely losing your seat and joining us on the ground, while someone on the ground comes along to sub you.
So this foolish guy, yeah a mumu boy he is was sleeping and a soldier told him to do like the others have been doing, to stand up and forfeit his seat. The guy started raking oh, and gingering.
These soldiers have been warned already not to touch any of us in any way, otherwise maybe by now I would have lost both limbs with an arm. Me I don't know what gave this my fellow mumu Otondo that type of morale to be gingering a soldier like that. And yeah the soldier provoked! Who wouldn't?
He asked the guy to go and kit up and come back. He was to go and wear his white shorts and polo on top of his khaki then to come back with a bucket of water. When he came, the soldier asked him to now go back and get a spoon.
He came back and his penance began. He was asked to use the spoon and be taking the water from the bucket and pouring it outside. The distance from the bucket to the entrance of the hall was something of about 20meters. Based on my small knowledge of mathematics I think it will take that guy to go to and fro 4000times and probably more before that water would finish. I thanked that guy sincerely for making my day.

We lost our football match and lost in the Golden voice competition. Even if we lose in everything, we can never lose in "buying job" and noise making.
Platoon 8 rocks jare!

#NYSC #CampExperience #DeltaKopa

5 Likes

Re: In The Service Of Father Land. (A Corpers Detailed Camp Experience) by Pinkyberry2(f): 11:34am On Jun 24, 2015
Updates plsss. grin angry wink

Modified

Nice write up. Don't keep me waiting again. tongue
Re: In The Service Of Father Land. (A Corpers Detailed Camp Experience) by Kingnap(m): 12:24pm On Jun 24, 2015
Guy u good! One Odeku 4 u.
Re: In The Service Of Father Land. (A Corpers Detailed Camp Experience) by kachiz(m): 10:47pm On Jun 25, 2015
#Day09 10/06/2015

Cold! Cold! and more cold!

Bugle (dictionary meaning): (music) a simple brass instrument consisting of a horn with no valves, playing only pitches in its harmonic series.
Bugle(my own meaning): an irritating sound, a joy killer, a sound that instantly terminates your rest. A devilish sound.

The bugle coordinates our activities here and it sounds mostly at times when it is never supposed to sound. I did like it at first but now its just hatred and anger that I associate with it.

Everything is now becoming a routine. Prayer, morning drills and those super boring lectures.

The Brigadier General came today, he was represented by some other man. Nigerians will always be Nigerians, they now turned on the generator so that the fans in the hall will shake off dust, so that we will impress the representative. This is the same hall we've been using for days now to receive lectures without light. Even the meanest RSM now pleaded with us to behave. He pleaded!

My right arm has now totally peeled off.

Morale = Low!

#NYSC #CampExperience #DeltaKopa

3 Likes

Re: In The Service Of Father Land. (A Corpers Detailed Camp Experience) by kachiz(m): 10:58pm On Jun 25, 2015
#Day10 #11/06/2015

"Buy job" = a punishment that is given to a corper when he misbehaves or maybe when the soldier wants to intimidate an innocent and defenceless corp member.
Today was "Buy job" day because that's the only thing I can remember about today.

After those boring lectures, the RSM ordered us to change into our monkey kit. Monkey kit is wearing all your kits together as you can see from that picture. The whole camp bought this job. What we did, we did not know. They just sell job to us whenever they want to.

Its usually very cold here in the morning and hot in afternoon. Even if you walk around naked, it will still be hot. Now imagine the fiery furnace hot it will be when you kit up like that. Hell would have been cooler.

We had Man'O'war proper later in the evening. This camera men went and paid the officials so that we wont use our phones and so that we will patronize them. They just kept snapping and me I just kept posing, na who go tire!! na them go tire!! Our joy was cut short when the RSM came back again.

Today wasn't cool, but my wonderful and ever dynamic platoon 8 won in the cultural dance. You see, we are not all that bad.
Morale = lower!

#NYSC #CampExperience #HellishDay

...."We smile, not because we do not know how to cry but it is because our tears have no meaning within these walls, our anger can only heat up and then evaporate because inside here, the only option you have is to obey, adapt and survive".....
I should have read that undertaking before signing it.

3 Likes

Re: In The Service Of Father Land. (A Corpers Detailed Camp Experience) by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 26, 2015
Oh Lawd hav mercy!!! My ribs re soo cracked up, dahh u garrit in comedy o jare (Thumbs up)
Re: In The Service Of Father Land. (A Corpers Detailed Camp Experience) by kachiz(m): 2:45pm On Jun 27, 2015
#Day11 #12/06/2015

I am not a farmer and most of us here cant even remember the last time they went to the farm but you need to have seen the way we all joined our voices in prayer asking the Good lord to send down rain, not even for the farmers crop to grow but for this morning parade to come to an end.
The good lord heard our prayers and sent down the rain. Thank you lord!

We ran inside the hall and was chased out after a while, even before the rain could even stop.
"There is no fairness is this"
We were marching under the rain on a very cold morning. Not fair at all.
The rain beat us and at the same tine dried on our body.

I wasn't told I was coming here to prepare for war. The way these past few days has been for me, I can comfortably sneak into Syria, kill their president and cross over to somalia to suppress all the rebels.

From the parade ground, I could sense that the day was going to be a very long one.
Some dude poured tea on my white when I went to collect breakfast, polo that I just wore for the first time and the last clean one I had. The dude poured me the tea and continued walking, he didn't even know what he had done. Calling him back so that he will tell me sorry wouldn't have made any difference, so I let him go and mourned my loss.

Platoon 8 also had sanitation in the morning. This young guy that was an official then came to display himself. The last time someone spoke to me this way was wayy back in ss1. They had already taken my tag no. so the only good thing I could have done was to behave and behave I did.
"Bros take your time and tell me all you want tell me, shey its me that came to serve Nigeria, na me find trouble come".

Inside here you don't really do what you want to do, you do what they want you to do. The only stuff you can do because you want to do them is using the toilet. So late in the afternoon, I went voluntarily to join platoon 8 in the kitchen to cook,
I felt a bit better.
We did well but these hefty kitchen women lacked "appreciation", so they kept shouting and shouting.

#NYSC #CampExperience #YeyeCorper

4 Likes

Re: In The Service Of Father Land. (A Corpers Detailed Camp Experience) by happyday: 4:22pm On Jun 27, 2015
Waoh! What a small world. It's like I'm the one writing all these. A million thumbs up @ OP. I can definitely relate to everything here. Was in 6 platoooonssss (I know you get). I have been posted to Agbor, what about you? Hope you're missing the soldiers esp RSM, Baba Bello and John Cena, also UReports. . . .lol
Re: In The Service Of Father Land. (A Corpers Detailed Camp Experience) by kachiz(m): 4:38pm On Jun 27, 2015
happyday:
Waoh! What a small world. It's like I'm the one writing all these. A million thumbs up @ OP. I can definitely relate to everything here. Was in 6 platoooonssss (I know you get). I have been posted to Agbor, what about you? Hope you're missing the soldiers esp RSM, Baba Bello and John Cena, also UReports. . . .lol

I miss camp and everything in it like crazy. I was posted to Warri.
Re: In The Service Of Father Land. (A Corpers Detailed Camp Experience) by kachiz(m): 6:15am On Jun 29, 2015
#Day12 #13/06/2015

The days had now turned long and longer and the night just feels like 3hours. Our lights out is around 10pm and we are supposed to be awake and on the parade ground by 5am in the morning. Because of the way the day stretches, the night never seems to be just enough. Its like going hungry for over 18hrs and then someone throws you inside the tantilizers, you wont even be able to eat anything.

Today our jogging distance increased, we went round Issele-Uku. Shouting and letting them know that it was we that was serving our papa land.

We had lectures again today that is Saturday. Even bankers do rest on weekends. Today's lecture wasn't boring as I had expected it to be, maybe it was because I sat on a seat today. These guys that spoke to us, all made sense.

Today, they gave us our Bicycle allowance of 1000naira. What I don't know is if the money is for us to use it and buy a bicycle or for us to be using it to board bicycle throughout our service year. I didn't ask plenty questions shaa, I was glad to have become 1k richer.

We came out for parade this evening, on time oh! We were now asked to seat on the ground.

The camp commandant came with his own "job". Capt. M. I. Abubakar is his name, a slim lanky guy that never smiles. "They" said a corp member insulted him and he even knows the person together with his platoon. But still he decided to punish 2352 other innocent people for the foolishness of one man. He said we will wear the monkey outfit for our remaining days.
Where are all of you that will keep telling me that the camp will become fun with time, that everything will turn out better soon, if una talk am again I will visit Olokun for your sake.
He said he will make the remaining of our days hell, unbearable and difficult.

We cant rebel against these soldiers, we are just ordinary civilians. We might even be decamped. The only thing we did was to go back to our room and rain curses on them. One guy said Boko Haram will kill that captain. We all said many things but what has been said has been said.

"What can man do in the face of all these evil?" We shall not die!

#CampExperience #NYSC

"We cross the sea of anxieties because we remain hopeful again".

4 Likes

Re: In The Service Of Father Land. (A Corpers Detailed Camp Experience) by jaylorde(m): 7:21am On Jun 29, 2015
Nice write up,but man,i'm gettin scared of d camp experience.but i know how to turn things around,maybe it's time to show my skills.......
Re: In The Service Of Father Land. (A Corpers Detailed Camp Experience) by agrovick(m): 3:16pm On Jun 29, 2015
Kingnap:
In most cases buying job means u put on your white top and shorts on ur khaki with either a bucket of water or your travelling bag on your head. My own platoon had to put our buckets over our head when we were accused of mutiny. Whatever u do, don't pray for Delta camp
Re: In The Service Of Father Land. (A Corpers Detailed Camp Experience) by agrovick(m): 3:20pm On Jun 29, 2015
happyday:
We even plenty for here. 6 platoons, listen this way, when it's 2pm u pple will cover up on this parade ground the way and manner you cover up for morning parade. Devil bless u 2pm u are not here, walahi I will sell u one unserious job till u leave this camp
Re: In The Service Of Father Land. (A Corpers Detailed Camp Experience) by kachiz(m): 6:12pm On Jul 01, 2015
#Day13 #14/06/2015

Dearest lord, thank you once again for creating Sunday after you made Saturday, thank you for making it a day of rest.

"Who no come, no go know. Who know, no go come".

Today was basically heaven, no parade and no morning bugle. It was today that I saw chicks that looked sweet sixteen on their white polo and shorts look like something else. Some of them must have used their football age to sneak into this camp. I saw a grand ma corper today.

These guy kept hurrying me so that we will go on time to church, me I told him if I don't go to that kitchen to take my breakfast first, I wont go anywhere. He left, me I stayed. Before I could go bring breakfast and come back, the guy was already in the room with his flask. Its these kind of people that are the main reason the world is not yet a better place.

I went to church today and on time too. At one time the priest started saying stuffs that the congregation were chorusing amen to. He said that this week was going to be better than the last week". I didn't join in shouting amen to that. The sadist camp commandant has already given us a glimpse of how the week was going to be. I lacked "faith", I didn't believe the man will ever change his mind.

During lunch, this Yoruba chick that was dishing out meat mistakenly dropped a large chunk of meat into my plate, I blew kisses at her and smiled like my dad had just won the presidential elections. God bless you Sweetheart ❤

We auditioned for the Mr. Pretty face pageant later in the evening. oh lord how did I end up here. The audience present laughed their hearts out as I tried catwalking and wriggling my behind up on that stage.
One lady volunteered to tutor me on catwalking 101.

Monday wasn't going to be a good day, I didn't need to be a prophet to see that.

#NYSC #CampExperience #MyPapaLand

3 Likes

Re: In The Service Of Father Land. (A Corpers Detailed Camp Experience) by happyday: 6:08am On Jul 02, 2015
agrovick:

We even plenty for here. 6 platoons, listen this way, when it's 2pm u pple will cover up on this parade ground the way and manner you cover up for morning parade. Devil bless u 2pm u are not here, walahi I will sell u one unserious job till u leave this camp
Hhaahh, nice one. How you dey, bro? Hope PPA is going great?
Re: In The Service Of Father Land. (A Corpers Detailed Camp Experience) by agrovick(m): 8:46am On Jul 02, 2015
happyday:
Hhaahh, nice one. How you dey, bro? Hope PPA is going great?
Ppa dey go well, the dreaded burutu LG
Re: In The Service Of Father Land. (A Corpers Detailed Camp Experience) by happyday: 7:34pm On Jul 02, 2015
agrovick:

Ppa dey go well, the dreaded burutu LG
Waaaaaaohh, dat one na big one. Really dreaded? But how really is Burutu? Is it as bad as pple paint it, na so so water water? i was partially hoping to be posted there sha, if there would be light.
Re: In The Service Of Father Land. (A Corpers Detailed Camp Experience) by agrovick(m): 10:44pm On Jul 02, 2015
happyday:
Waaaaaaohh, dat one na big one. Really dreaded? But how really is Burutu? Is it as bad as pple paint it, na so so water water? i was partially hoping to be posted there sha, if there would be light.
My place is cool although boring because it's a very small community, from what I've heard light is good here although my own place is experiencing darkness due to a leaking pipeline that they said will cause explosion if they supply light without fixing it. Free accommodation and room set up (pots, stoves, chair and the likes) and water is everywhere, my place is 1 hour 45 minutes on water from Warri
Re: In The Service Of Father Land. (A Corpers Detailed Camp Experience) by kachiz(m): 7:13am On Jul 04, 2015
#Day14 #15/06/2015

Noises, rumbling and shouting woke me up earlier before 4am. There was always noise is this wonderful room of mine. The name of my hostel is "Obi 1 of Issele-Uku". What I heard when I listened was people shouting "final year! Final year!, then I understood. It was count-down to D-day. Our freedom was barely a week away. Me, I have been #GoodToGo since I started experiencing something entirely different from stories previous corp members had told. We couldn't wait to leave here.

We didn't jog today. we trekked instead, singing and cursing the random locals we passed on the way. The distance was longer today and it wasn't even yet the endurance trek.

Na who go tire?
Na dem go tire!
I intentionally sat outside the hall during the lectures and the soldiers came, passed me without trying to chase me inside. I thought you guys were Terminator and Predator mixed together? So you guys can get tired like us too? I am very disappointed at you guys.

Because of the captain's order on Saturday, the RSM reminded us of the job we bought. The monkey dressing, it was going to be ON from 1400hours. Even the OBS guys kept repeating it on the radio. It was only dead people that were exempted.

I dodged the afternoon parade today. At least I thought I already have. I didn't want to wear the "monkey cloth" today. Some minutes after every one left the room they immediately rushed back again saying the punishment had now been modified. They were now asked to hurry and come back with just the khaki and jungle boots this time. It is usually called 7/7.
The adage "He who the gods wants to kill, they first make him mad". I wasn't looking forward to running mad, so I wore my khaki and stepped out with the others. Because of my swollen toe, the jungle boot felt like I was walking on hot coal. Being on that khaki in the hot afternoon makes you feel like the 6th person with Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego in the fiery furnace. We weren't even doing anything in the parade ground. We just stood there.
For the first time in my life, I wished these soldiers bad, I wished that harm will come their way, I swore for them. I longed to join Boko Haram for the sole purpose of harming them.

We usually sleep very late here, not because of heat, punishments or mosquitoes but rather because we as guys have to make our own noise and yab who we have to yab before we sleep. I didn't know for the girls shaa.
At about quarter to eleven, some people started making noise, even guys that were already sleeping jumped down from their bed and dressed up saying it was "fire alarm".
Almost everyone were running outside. I had already invested much in my sleep and there was no going back, so I just observed them for a while and slept off gladly. The worst that could happen was for some soldier to either come and hit me or pour me water to wake me up. None of them happened shaa. I didn't even know when the Otondos returned. It was all a hoax.

#NYSC #CampExperience #Ajuwaya

3 Likes

Re: In The Service Of Father Land. (A Corpers Detailed Camp Experience) by tedio101: 7:00pm On Jul 04, 2015
what a 1daful write up. bros u too much,publish this e book.

2 Likes

Re: In The Service Of Father Land. (A Corpers Detailed Camp Experience) by MrIyke222(m): 10:30pm On Jul 04, 2015
kachiz:
#Day2 #03/06/2015

I woke up by some minutes past 3am. I am not sure if the mosquitoes went ahead to carry out their plans. I am actually one of those few gifted people who whenever they lie down to sleep, they mean business and sleep. Nothing else from the outside world ever mattered during this sleep phase.

I still don't know how I was able to wake up by that time. The sleep was actually less than 2 hours, but an Otondo should be equal to any task.
Then came our bathing time, we had an outdoor Jacuzzi, I swear the morning was like throwback Marist Academy. The moment was magical to me, I don't expect you to understand.

We had our bath, went to the parade ground. We were now taught the NYSC anthem. It sounded cool even though I cant still sing it on my own. There is also a part of the anthem that I have sworn not to follow them and sing, the part they say "under the sun and in the rain". Today, the sun didn't come out but the rain dealt with us because we called it to come, I wasn't that surprised. Then the national anthem, will you believe that I couldn't recite our own anthem. Smh for me.

We now prayed and went back to seat on that floor again to complete the registration. This time around I felt more relaxed. I assumed the cemented floor to be a high quality sofa without back rest. it was till after some six hours plus that I got my kit and was assigned to platoon 8. Actually, It made me feel kind of good. But bad is never far fetched from any kind of good and of all the things in the kit, it was only the face cap that matched my head. I walked about in that hall for the next 2hours so that I will be able to do trade by barter with another person who had the same issue. Everybody's kit had one comma or the other. The khaki in particular was like canopy when I tried it on.
I missed lunch today because I was looking for who to trade with. NYSC I have missed you guys chaw 3times in a row, it wasn't going to happen again.

Parade!! was the next that came by 3:30pm. How was I supposed to go and start jumping up and down when the only thing that had found its way into my stomach today was just the free oxygen that everybody else was breathing and 2 sachets of water that I took too.

I wore the white shorts and polo and stepped out with the others. I don't know what heaven feels like but I think I had a glimpse of it during this moment, "heavenly feeling".

The next day was swearing in, so this soldier tried teaching us some new moves. To be very frank with you, what that soldier kept shouting was Something I never did understand but like Ivan Pavlov's dog I tried associating any of his shouts to the moves he made. It worked. God bless you Pavlov.

I went to the mami market later in the evening, the only place in camp that kind of feels like the outside world. I swallowed Egusi and fufu, mehn! this lady was an Egusi soup professional. You need to have seen the look on her face when I told her, "Aunty your soup is world class".

Toilets!, mehn I have not seen any since I came here. The few guys I have asked keep forming that they don't use the toilet like that. You see,me ehh I am a toilet person, after all whatever goes in must come out. I have held this thing for two days now and I have not found a way to take it out. Its not like I am Ajeebor pikin because some of the guys still said they went to the bush. But there is how this camp vegetation is, the way the grasses grew was against the law of "shot-putting". Even though I was an otondo, it wouldn't be good to do this in a place that is not a bush. So I held it together and hoped for a better tomorrow.

Today wasn't too bad shaa, unlike yesterday. Today was still registration day, maybe it might get worse from tomorrow, who knows?

#NYSC #OtondoCorper #CampExperience

Nice nd urgly experiences for fatherland. I lik ur writing concept. U cld make a good creative writer. U jst rminded me of one of our great Theorists( Ivan Pavlov) Are u a Psychology or education graduate?
Re: In The Service Of Father Land. (A Corpers Detailed Camp Experience) by kachiz(m): 11:50am On Jul 05, 2015
MrIyke222:

Nice nd urgly experiences for fatherland. I lik ur writing concept. U cld make a good creative writer. U jst rminded me of one of our great Theorists( Ivan Pavlov) Are u a Psychology or education graduate?

Nah, neither of the two. I studied Civil Engineering.
Re: In The Service Of Father Land. (A Corpers Detailed Camp Experience) by jaylorde(m): 8:54pm On Jul 05, 2015
Fire on mr corper.....gotcha
Re: In The Service Of Father Land. (A Corpers Detailed Camp Experience) by yorubadelta(f): 12:20pm On Jul 06, 2015
I'm so loving this write-up smiley
Re: In The Service Of Father Land. (A Corpers Detailed Camp Experience) by kachiz(m): 7:19am On Jul 07, 2015
#Day15 #16/06/2015

Horrible camp! A whole Joseph the dreamer like me. My nights have been blank since the 2nd I came here.
This Igbo guy that sang praises was on fire. He sang only Igbo songs. You need to have seen the faces of all these Yoruba people. You guys started it.
They will always say "every disappointment is a blessing". Our punishment was to wear the khaki from morning instead of the white, it helped us with the cold.

The trekking was now a different route and a longer distance, with the usual chanting of songs.
"Monday, Monday oh!
Monday, Monday eee we dey go oh"!
was among the songs.

These soldiers were never tired, they only retreated to regroup and annihilate us more. I escaped luckily this morning but some of my roommates were unlucky, they got busted.

Boring lectures, it actually got more boring as the days dragged by.
SAED classes now made the time move faster, at least you cam use your phone and move freely to some unrestricted places.

Afternoon was Garri and something that wanted to look like Banga soup ( watery coloured oil) I ran for my dear stomach. Plenty people did. The toilets here are not that very friendly.

Evening parade came, the RSM made us sit on the field under the scorching sun for over an hour.
It is better be a criminal and receive punishments for my actions than be an innocent civilian and still receive punishments for your inactions that wasn't even as a result of neglect.

Platoon 8 came first position again in the drama competition. We rocked again!

Today was a long day so I slept off as soon as I made contact with the my flat bed on my spring bunk at around 10:20pm.
At about some minutes to 11pm, someone woke me up and I could hear someone at the door shouting "Go down! Go down!". It was the RSM, WTF was he doing here? He ordered us to move to a small corridor at the entrance of the room, then he asked all of us to sit down. We are about 40 occupants in that room and we all fitted comfortably like sardines in that small space.
He rained abuses on us and threatened to send us to places that were beyond civilization. Places were we would see dragons and sabre toothed tigers.
He said we were going to sit on that floor till 1am. What could we have done? I was already fast asleep before he came. He now asked us to bend down our heads and sleep on that floor. He imposed sleep on us. I was only on my boxers and the floor wasn't just cold, it was a very dirty area. That was where the waste bins were usually kept. He said we will sleep by 1am and he will wake us compulsorily by 3am, that if we made any more noise he will move us to the parade ground.

He left us on that floor and out of fear of entering more troubles we remained there. I rested my back on a spoilt spring bunk and dozed from time to time. That position was very horrible in every imaginable way. Most of us slept off on that floor.
I think I now know what it feels like to sleep inside a cell. I went back to my bed at some minutes to 12am. I needed to sleep so that I wont slump and die the next day. I prepared for the worst and luckily the man never came back to check on us.

#NYSC #CampExperience #Hell #HowDidWeComeHere

1 Like

Re: In The Service Of Father Land. (A Corpers Detailed Camp Experience) by kachiz(m): 10:48am On Jul 09, 2015
#Day16 #17/06/2015

This was one of the shortest nights in my life. You don't need to be educated to know that sleep deprivation will send you home sooner than your time. I was in debt of about 5hrs of sleep.

My hostel mates surprised me today. Immediately the bugle sounded, everybody started leaving. They didn't wait for someone to come and chase them. These were guys I was planning to emulate. How can they just turn cold because of yesterday's small incidence.

No trekking today, rumours about "no camp fire night" had been circulating. If it eventually becomes true, then I will never advice an enemy to come to this camp.

Parade competitions. We came sixth position in the match past and came first in the Miss Petite competitions. Not bad.

This night, we waited for RSM to come. We wished to sleep at the parade ground. He refused to come.
4 days to go.

#NYSC #CampExperience

There isn't much details in today's experience. Lack of sleep can really mess up your brain in a way. #countDown #BearWithMe

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Batch B 2014 Posted To Borno Let's Meet Here / Fellow Corp Members Serving At Enugu State How's Camp For You. / Nim-nysc Examination Past Questions Available For Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.