Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,738 members, 7,802,228 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) (23850 Views)

Governor Wike At Thanksgiving Service To Mark Democracy Day / Photos: LAGOS Service Of Songs In Memory Of Peter Bello (Chopper Crash in Lagos) / Photos: The Longest Banner In Nigeria Hit Third Mainland Bride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by saintTim(m): 12:24pm On Jun 10, 2015
Equip them more
Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by bastien: 12:25pm On Jun 10, 2015
Akinz0126:
Abeg which 9Ja Emergency number dey go?
my gf number, for staffing
Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by whodeyhere: 12:25pm On Jun 10, 2015
Brave men! I salute your selfless service to humanity.
Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by stillonstreet: 12:26pm On Jun 10, 2015
Davido Shares Photo Of His MTN Endorsement Certificate (See)
http://stillonstreet.com.ng/davido-shares-photo-of-his-mtn-endorsement-certificate-see/ via @stillonstreetNG
Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by bastien: 12:26pm On Jun 10, 2015
saintTim:
H
try A next time, you might be lucky tongue
Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by YungMike(m): 12:26pm On Jun 10, 2015
Can only see a brave photographer embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by asumo12: 12:28pm On Jun 10, 2015
HOT! Asin?

angry angry angry

tchidi:
Firemen are always HOT!! wink
God bless their hustle! embarassed
Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jun 10, 2015
God bless them all.
Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by AreaFada2: 12:29pm On Jun 10, 2015
Na wa o.
Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 10, 2015
Thats a good one .
Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by loomer: 12:29pm On Jun 10, 2015
Me know say na wen fire don almost quench before our firefighters de reach there o.

REASONS:

no road.
No water
No fuel
No motor.
Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by MrCork: 12:29pm On Jun 10, 2015
igbsam:
It is not uncommon for fuel tankers to burst into flames on the streets of Lagos, Nigeria's largest city. For the last decade photographer Akintunde Akinleye has been capturing the moment firemen turn up:

Fuel tanker explosions are so common in Lagos that local media have been known to report multiple fires in one night.

The state governor Akinwunmi Ambode recently blamed frequent tanker explosions on drivers' carelessness causing crashes. Bad brakes have also been blamed.

The fire service is not well equipped for a city the size of Lagos. There are very few fire-fighting vehicles and they have been known to go to the scene of a fire without water.

The fire service in Lagos is not a particularly big one - there are 13 fire stations in a city of about 20 million people. Its equipment is also not designed to cope with Lagos' many high-rise buildings.

However, it is the best-equipped service in Nigeria, though the firemen risk their lives for poor pay. Fire is not the only risk - they have been attacked by angry people who accuse them of arriving late.

Firemen are also vulnerable to attacks from people who do not want them to put out fires so they can use the confusion of a fire outbreak to loot.

Reports after this fire in 2012 said people tried to loot this wreckage of a plane. It had fallen from the sky and burst into flames when it hit a printing works.

To These Brave Men who risked their lives day in day out to fight fire situations in and all around lagos despite being poorly equipped. I think they deserve our respect just like we accord to the police and military wings of the Nigerian forces. This thread is dedicated to them and to help make their voices heard with an echo sound that it is time they should be given proper attention by equipping them the more with sophisticated tools to help fight fire considering the rampaging incidence of fire all around lagos this past weeks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-32397007

..SO ..WHAT IS BRAVE ABOUT QUENCHIN ORDNARY FIRE WIT WATER & SOap??..., big deal!! undecided

1 Like

Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by mikewonder(m): 12:32pm On Jun 10, 2015
[img]great[/img]
Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by chuking2013: 12:33pm On Jun 10, 2015
I love this....these men are HEROS...imagine being burnt buy a match stick.. now multiply by 1 million...
Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by igbsam(m): 12:34pm On Jun 10, 2015
MrCork:

..SO ..WHAT IS BRAVE ABOUT QUENCHIN ORDNARY FIRE WIT WATER & SOap??..., big deal!! undecided

Lol....show me a picture of you quenching a tanker fire with soap and water grin
Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by oludarefadipe(m): 12:40pm On Jun 10, 2015
Infact Fire Service need to be reorganised in Nigeria it needs to be NATIONALISED and well funded these heroes need deu commendation please, may God bless our Firemen and continue to protect them. Long live Nigeria. Long live nairaland
Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by DzTzl(f): 12:43pm On Jun 10, 2015
ruggedboy01:
Tanker bombers everywhere

Babaonechance (AKA) dullard of nigeria well done angry sad
oponu aye rada, i dont blame u, d idiots dt liked ur post dt r making u feel like u jus said smfn relevant, derailed loser
Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by ruggedboy01: 12:46pm On Jun 10, 2015
DzTzl:
oponu aye rada, i dont blame u, its d idiots dt liked ur post dt r making u feel like u jus said smfn relevant, derailed loser
get lost clumsy old fool like u...... pathetic creature! I spite on u id!ot
Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by bdbest2(m): 12:46pm On Jun 10, 2015
God Almighty bless you all for your service to ensure the safety of life and properties.

For your OTG smartphones flash drive. Plz check my signature.

Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by Ayietim(m): 12:47pm On Jun 10, 2015
To believe is good but it's also bad,
some people are held captive by beliefs that hold them back,
from achieving the good things they desire,
such beliefs make them resist any change that could help them out.
Although they desire progress, they will not change this defective foundation,
they forget that a defective foundation will never support any serious ambition.
http://ayietim.
Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by DzTzl(f): 12:51pm On Jun 10, 2015
ruggedboy01:
get lost clumsy old fool like u...... pathetic creature! I spite on u id!ot
u r a bastard, omo ale jati jati
Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jun 10, 2015
Sai Fashola wink
Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 10, 2015
Please somebody shoot that guy who is always hijacking threads to post his fake ipad products angry angry angry angry what are the mods doing angry
Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by ruggedboy01: 1:02pm On Jun 10, 2015
DzTzl:
u r a bastard, omo ale jati jati
get off my mention u constituted nuisance

Nonentity like u.....
Nonessential nonsense angry sad
Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by Jlow2: 1:05pm On Jun 10, 2015
LexzyLex:
NICE ONE >> FIREPROOF.
how much is d smart watch and what re d features?
Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by LexzyLex: 1:10pm On Jun 10, 2015
Jlow2:
how much is d smart watch and what re d features?
call me on d num der lets talk.thanks
Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by Jaideyone(m): 1:27pm On Jun 10, 2015
anonimi:
With no TAP water all over the state

Na which kind foolish person dey start build im house from the roof? grin

APC is about useless change!
must you always be a fo*ol? you have demonstrated times without number that you are an enemy of Lagos. the article says the firemen are ill-equipped. the article is about their courage in the line of duty but all you can do is to attack APC without regard to the firemen being discussed. have you no honor? jeez you irritate me

Seun we need a block user option abeg

2 Likes

Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by wearerelated: 1:43pm On Jun 10, 2015
These men are indeed brave and are the heroes indeed.

The challenges they face aside lack of recognition and demotivating pay, may include no insurance to their individual lives, no compensation should they suffer injuries or disabilities in the line of duty, Area boys resisting them from putting out fire cos of their sinister intentions (the Ikorodu tanker fire is a recent incident), and poor investment in the Fire service.
Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by johnie: 2:21pm On Jun 10, 2015
anonimi:

This is not true!

The last administration installed fire hydrants in various parts of the metropolis. I know they are not all over but as time goes on I expect more.

I have seen them in various places where roads have been rebuilt.

I even saw one at Ebute Metta this morning.

On this one, I commend APC!
Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by oluamid(m): 2:22pm On Jun 10, 2015
anonimi:

I hope you have seen the fire hydrants that litter the city, especially on newly constructed /repaired roads?

The main problem with fighting fires in Lagos is the small number of fire fighters/stations compared with the population, and its attendant toll on the available equipment.
Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by anonimi: 2:30pm On Jun 10, 2015
johnie:

This is not true!

The last administration installed fire hydrants in various parts of the metropolis. I know they are not all over but as time goes on I expect more.

I have seen them in various places where roads have been rebuilt.

I even saw one at Ebute Metta this morning.

On this one, I commend APC!

I thought we are talking about Lagos STATE. I did not realise the governor's RESPONSIBILITY is limited to the metropolis.

Brilliant! shocked
Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by Youngsage: 2:31pm On Jun 10, 2015
Akinz0126:
Abeg which 9Ja Emergency number dey go?

Nigeria's National Emergency Number 112 sire. Hope you don't intend flashing? smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Factions Clash Over Obaseki’s Endorsement / Edo Election: Salihu Lukman Urges Oshiomhole To Exercise Restraint / Fayose Hails US Govt, UK Telegraph Reports On Buhari's Witch-hunt Of Opposition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.