Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,046 members, 7,799,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) (23848 Views)

Governor Wike At Thanksgiving Service To Mark Democracy Day / Photos: LAGOS Service Of Songs In Memory Of Peter Bello (Chopper Crash in Lagos) / Photos: The Longest Banner In Nigeria Hit Third Mainland Bride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by anonimi: 2:32pm On Jun 10, 2015
oluamid:

I hope you have seen the fire hydrants that litter the city, especially on newly constructed /repaired roads?

The main problem with fighting fires in Lagos is the small number of fire fighters/stations compared with the population, and its attendant toll on the available equipment.

Non-availability of TAP water in the ENTIRE state is not a problem
Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by johnie: 3:11pm On Jun 10, 2015
anonimi:

I thought we are talking about Lagos STATE. I did not realise the governor's RESPONSIBILITY is limited to the metropolis.

Brilliant! shocked

Anonimi, I deliberately used the word 'metropolis.'

Like I said 'I know they are not all over but as time goes on I expect more.

I have seen them in various places where roads have been rebuilt.'

I expect that as more areas are properly rebuilt the hydrant network will spread.
Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by Xxpress(m): 3:28pm On Jun 10, 2015
That man in the 2nd pix in blue overall is dead.
Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by anonimi: 3:39pm On Jun 10, 2015
johnie:

Anonimi, I deliberately used the word 'metropolis.'

Like I said 'I know they are not all over but as time goes on I expect more.

I have seen them in various places where roads have been rebuilt.'

I expect that as more areas are properly rebuilt the hydrant network will spread.

I hope you will agree that 16 years of supposedly progressive APC administration should have produced much more progress than this. Not so
Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by ItsMeAboki(m): 3:45pm On Jun 10, 2015
bastien:
Cool, I love the first pic

It may be cool but wrong tactic, he may think he was affording himself more protection from the fire by drenching himself with water; not knowing that if it got too hot the water would generate steam which is much more hotter and deadlier than the naked flame.

1 Like

Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by bastien: 3:57pm On Jun 10, 2015
ItsMeAboki:

It may be cool but wrong tactic, he may think he was affording himself more protection from the fire by drenching himself with water; not knowing that if it got too hot the water would generate steam which is much more hotter and deadlier than the naked flame.
how do u know all this, abi u dey talk from experience
Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by johnie: 4:00pm On Jun 10, 2015
anonimi:

I hope you will agree that 16 years of supposedly progressive APC administration should have produced much more progress than this. Not so

I agree more could have been done but we should be objective and commend any good initiative.

I doubt that fire hydrants exist outside Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by JABB(m): 5:20pm On Jun 10, 2015
well done firemen....Nice Pics,Nice shots
Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by anonimi: 6:06pm On Jun 10, 2015
johnie:
I agree more could have been done but we should be objective and commend any good initiative.

I doubt that fire hydrants exist outside Lagos.

My main problem with the 16 years of APC administration in Lagos is they have their priorities completely wrong- focusing on the shiny WOW things while the basic, common place items such as education, health, water and roads are not duly addressed.

Meanwhile I thought Lagos STATE is the state of excellence, I hope I did not get that wrong
Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by johnie: 6:20pm On Jun 10, 2015
anonimi:

My main problem with the 16 years of APC administration in Lagos is they have their priorities completely wrong- focusing on the shiny WOW things while the basic, common place items such as education, health, water and roads are not duly addressed.

Meanwhile I thought Lagos STATE is the state of excellence, I hope I did not get that wrong

Are you suggesting that providing fire hydrants (even if not in all locations) is a "wow" project?

Anyone whose life or property is saved using those hydrants will never agree with you.
Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by arro: 9:27pm On Jun 10, 2015
I pray one day the voice of the fire men men will be heard, poor funding,no vita equipment,men life @ risk ,poor salary,lake of better shelter.
Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by oluamid(m): 10:37pm On Jun 10, 2015
anonimi:

Non-availability of TAP water in the ENTIRE state is not a problem

Ever heard of a place in the world where tap water rather than fire hydrants are used to fight fires undecided? I haven't.
Re: Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) by omaji53jeremiah: 11:01am On Jun 11, 2015
keep up the good work firemen. most importantly, tanker drivers should be cautioned because majority of them are reckless drivers, which is one of the major causes of road accident in this country

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fayose Hails US Govt, UK Telegraph Reports On Buhari's Witch-hunt Of Opposition / We Have Over 100M Phone Lines, Why Can't We Vote By Text -sen.ben Bruce / Breaking: Sanwo-olu Declared Lagos Gov-elect- THE NATION

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.