Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

Extreme Encounter - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Extreme Encounter (6430 Views)

A Delectable Encounter With Vivian:a Short Story / The Crazy Encounter(a Short Story) / My Encounter With The Box Of Ancient And Mystical Order Rosae Crucis (AMORC) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Extreme Encounter by frank317: 3:34pm On Jun 10, 2015
Update coming up soon
Re: Extreme Encounter by LarrySun(m): 4:57pm On Jun 10, 2015
Thrill me. Amaze me. Intrigue me. Mesmerise me. Befuddle me. Perplex me. Humour me. cheesy

Another blockbuster on the block! Your sensational edifice will crumble, surely!
Re: Extreme Encounter by frank317: 5:16pm On Jun 10, 2015
LarrySun:
Thrill me. Amaze me. Intrigue me. Mesmerise me. Befuddle me. Perplex me. Humour me. cheesy

Another blockbuster on the block! Your sensational edifice will crumble, surely!

Lol Larry... Sure I will never ever fail to mesmerise you.

Alright guys.... Here is a story I have been cooking up in my head... So I thought I should share it here and hear what you guys think about it.

You will have to bear with me cos I am pretty busy and my updates might not be consistent but be sure I am going to give you a swell time.

Thanks.
Re: Extreme Encounter by frank317: 5:21pm On Jun 10, 2015
EXTREME ENCOUNTER

Every day is a new adventure, we are all adventures… Frank Anozie

DAY ONE

Bullets rained down all around them and hapless soldiers fell to the sandy ground puffing dust into the air. “Pull back!” Their commander screamed. “But maintain fire! I repeat, maintain fire while you pull back!!”

It seemed like a nice plan because even as they pulled back, the relentless insurgents did not follow.

Ebuka’s heart continued to race; it wasn’t fear, it was tension. He looked beside him and Ola, his friend, was not there. The insurgents had suddenly stopped shooting upon seeing that they had retreated. Ebuka looked towards their direction even as he wondered where his friend’s body might be lying. He was sure Ola had taken a bullet.

He could see about four of the insurgents coming towards them. They stopped where the dead and wounded soldiers lay and began to slice their throats with their hunting knifes just to ensure no life was left in them.

Then he saw Ola; his friend had only been injured and was trying to crawl to safety even as the ruthless insurgents closed up on him.

No! He wouldn’t allow his friend to die. He would not forgive himself if he stood there and watched his friend’s throat got slit. Without looking at his commander and fellow soldiers, he screamed, “Back me up!!” and without waiting for their response, he quickly ran towards the insurgents.

The commander watched one of his best combatant soldiers run towards danger. Was Ebuka trying to commit suicide? He wondered. Then, he realized what the brave man was up to, “You heard him, back him up!” All they needed to do was ensure that they stopped the four insurgent’s back up from effectively backing them up. He was sure Ebuka would handle the men if he was given the opportunity to face them without obstruction.
There was more dust in the air, but both soldiers and insurgents had already adapted to the hazy atmosphere.

With his gun aiming at the insurgents, Ebuka fired at the four men while he ran towards them. They dropped their knives and went for their guns. One of them took a bullet on forehead. Ebuka was too close and the remaining three charged at him. At this stage, his gun was useless. He dropped his gun and pulled out his knife even as he quickly blocked off a hand charging at him with a sharp hunting knife. Then with his right hand, he stabbed at the body that had the hand; the knife went straight into the chest and Ebuka quickly pulled it out allowing blood to gush out like a free flowing tap. The body instantly slumped to the floor.

The second insurgent was already close by. He had been taken aback by the swiftness of his opponent, yet he charged with hatred. He aimed at the soldier’s throat. But the combat soldier was quick to tactically catch the fingers that held the knife trying to slay him. A soft but professional twist caused the insurgent to cry out in pain and dropped the knife. He was no longer a threat to Ebuka who had already turned around and quickly dodged the other man who was fiercely aiming at his stomach. He was not fast enough; the knife sliced his side, just below his rib, and went straight into the second insurgent’s stomach.

The Stabbed insurgent stared with wide eyes into his colleague’s eyes and both stared at themselves for a second. Time stopped and Ebuka slowly placed his knife on his opponent’s neck and slowly sliced it….
He woke up.

‘Welcome to the present’ he told himself and stood up. This horrible scene that had always repeated itself in his mind and dreams had become a haven for him since he came back home. Home? Here was no longer home. Everything that had happened since he came back had made the war front with the ruthless insurgents seem like the only home he would ever know.

He was bored and lost, wallowing in misery and emptiness.

He couldn’t understand what it was about love that made it hurt much more than a knife wound on his stomach. Heck, love gone sore was even more painful than a bullet in the chest.

He hated thinking about it, he hated remembering the good old days, just before duty called and he had to travel to the North. How many months did he stay again? Just seven months and she had to get pregnant for a stranger. Was the man really a stranger? Perhaps she had secretly been meeting with him even before he left.

How could she do this to him? How could Eva, his love, be so mean?

Ebuka had always considered himself a man with a strong heart. Yes, he had never gone through any sort of heart break before. How could he? Not with extremely handsome features. Women droll for him; they worshipped and adored him. How often does one see and extremely handsome soldier?

Ebuka was considered a lady killer whenever he walked on the streets in his uniform. Eyes would stare at the handsome god-like creature and women would desire nothing but to be wrapped around his strong arms. He didn’t just have the best body build any woman would desire; he had the best facial features too. He had once been advised to make modeling his carrier. With his smooth face, nice dentition, pointed small nose and loveable smile, people believed he would excel in that carrier.

But Ebuka was a high sensation seeker and preferred the thrilling life of a soldier.

Now he’d just found out that the handsome and beautiful also cried; they also got hurt and life with its miseries happened to everyone. Eva had made him felt as ugly as the devil since he came back home. He couldn’t even understand why the girl who had professed so much love for him had gone ahead to cheat on him, and gotten pregnant for another man, yet she had shown no remorse when he confronted her.

He couldn’t just get thoughts of her out of his mind. He had really loved her.

He stood up from the leather couch in his sitting room. Lying on it had been more comfortable than his bed since he came home three weeks ago.

He looked at the wall clock; just eleven minutes past 3pm. The day was still young. He needed the night to come so that he could comfortable go to his favourite bar and hang out for the rest of the day. But he decided he was going to wash his face and freshen up for now.

A friendly knock on his door stopped him. Who else could it be if not Akan? he thought, and walked towards the door.

Sure, Akan’s jovial presence would be welcomed at the moment.

Akan stood at the other side with a wide smile on his face. Beside him was Stacey, the love of his life. Both knew Eva.

They looked excited and he was sure they were capable of putting him in the same mood at the moment. He was glad to see them.

“I hope this is not a condolence visit,” Ebuka said as he made way for them to enter.

“Nope we are here to take you out.” Akan said. He was wearing a blue T-shirt and a black jeans. Akan was a good looking and jovial fellow. Although not as good looking as Ebuka, he was a fellow with a captivating presence. He was a good listener too and had heard almost every story Ebuka had to tell about his experience in the North. He had never had the heart of a soldier, but had sincerely understood when Ebuka, his childhood friend decided to join the army.

That decision never affected their relationship.

He was glad to have Ebuka around even though his friend was heartbroken and severely hurt. Akan believed Ebuka was capable of getting a girl much more beautiful and generally better than Eva. But Ebuka, miraculously didn’t feel that way.

“Oh, I was just about to freshen up.” Ebuka replied, not surprised. He was sure Stacey was used to hanging out with Akan. She must have unconsciously become addicted to that life style. “What do you have in mind for me?” Akan had been trying in presenting him with different interesting packages on daily basis since he came back home.

Akan looked at Stacey and both smiled. They has discussed on matching their soldier friend with a lovely date since he came back. They knew Eva had hurt him and if Ebuka was hurt, they were also hurt. So to hell with Eva; Ebuka must hook up with a better chick.
“She will meet us at that Star lounge and I am very sure you will like her.” Akan said.

As Ebuke went into his room to clean up, he knew he would not like the girl. She was just going to be a girl he would hook up with tonight.

Somehow, Akan was more interested in listening to more stories about his friend’s experience in the North. Somehow, he also knew the girls he got for him were not meant for him. Again, he knew everyone involved was mature enough to take care of themselves. He would just do anything to get Ebuka’s mind off Eva.

2 Likes

Re: Extreme Encounter by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jun 10, 2015
Jeez! This is beautiful, following till the end and please update at your own convenience.
Re: Extreme Encounter by frank317: 5:32pm On Jun 10, 2015
“Tell me more about the North,” Akan said as he took a sip of alcohol from his cup on the table. He wanted Ebuka to impress his blind date with his adventurous stories of his northern experience.

She had met them up at the bar just a few minutes after they had arrived. And she had liked Ebuka at first sight.
Ebuka was not sure if he was going to allow her replace Eva in his life. He was having trust issues and even though she was really good looking, he still didn’t want to open up his heart to anyone. He also preferred talking about his fights with the insurgents rather talking about his personal life with his date.

The bar was not noisy at the moment and he would enjoy telling them about the battle in the North. Somehow, he had found himself re-living the moment over and over again. The horror down there was somehow the only thing that had kept him going. And while telling the story, he would pretend he was proud that he helped saved lives, but the fact was that he really enjoyed every bit of the action he experienced there.

So he began by telling them how he saved Ola.

Akan, Stacey and the new girl all listened as he brought everything he experienced in the North back to life right there in the bar.

The new girl looked at him in horror; like he was he was a monster.

“Finally, I used my short knife to slice off the throat of the last insurgent before helping my friend up. Till this day, he believes he is indebted to me for saving his life.” Ebuka concluded even as he sipped the last drop of beer in his bottle.

“Where is your friend now?” Akan asked. He really enjoyed the story.

“He is in his house at Zone 2; he has fully recovered and was discharged a few days ago from National Hospital. I spoke with him yesterday and he is looking forward to coming around anytime from now.” Ebuka said and signaled to the waiter to get him another bottle of beer. His date was still looking at him like he was a monster. From the look in her eyes, Ebuka was sure she would not consider him for any kind of relationship he wanted from her.

Despite enjoying the story, a close observation made Akan realize his friend was not enjoying his stay in Abuja. The situation with Eva was too much for his soldier friend to handle. He had studied Ebuka as he told the story just now and he could tell Ebuka was having nostalgic feelings.

This made Akan feel very bad. He loved his childhood friend like a brother and had looked forward to having him around and giving him the best fun life could offer her in Abuja. He had missed him all these while he was in Maidugiri and had prayed for his safe return so that they could continue with their lives as buddies.

And now, if Ebuka didn’t feel happy coming home, Akan felt he had failed his friend. He felt the urgent need to come up with an idea that would brighten up his friend since the ladies weren’t helping.

“I have an idea!” he almost screamed. Some of the customers in the bar even turned around to look towards their direction.

Stacey was surprised at her man’s outburst. Everyone wondered what he was up to.

“Let’s take a trip.”

“A trip?” Ebuka and Stacey asked simultaneously.

“Yes!!” he answered excitedly, “And I know just the right place we can have the best time of our lives. Anyone ever been to Farin Ruwa water fall in Nasarawa State? It is an interesting Tourist site that can make you feel nothing but peace. I was there eight months ago…” he looked at Stacey, “Remember the place I told you we had a small get together with my former colleagues sometimes ago?"

Stacey nodded her head in agreement.

“Right, it is in Wamba Local Government Area in Nassarawa State. There is a water fall there and the terrine would make you appreciate nature from another perspective. Trust me Ebuka, you will love it.

The idea instantly made a lot of sense to Ebuka. At the moment he would buy any idea that would take him out of Abuja. Yet he wondered why Akan should come up with this idea. “What is so special about this place and why do you think I will like to go there?”

Akan looked at him and drew closer, “You are my friend Ebuka, and I know this place is capable of giving you a break from everything that has been happening to you lately. I have seen the way you talked about the war at Maidugiri; you cherish those moments but I don’t think that is healthy. Love has failed you and your mind is using an extreme situation to make you escape from the reality on ground because you are naturally a high sensation seeker.”

Ebuka listened and so did Stacey and the new girl.

This was one of the reasons Stacey loved her man. He always paid attention to the way others around him felt and would intelligent guide them towards self-fulfillment. This was why she never lacked anything both physically and emotionally.

“You need to get away from everything. This little serene place in Nasarawa State will definitely give you that break. We can stay for three days. Imagine three days of interacting with nothing but nature. Trust me, after this, your mind will be cleared and you will see life differently and perhaps appreciate it better instead of dwelling on the times you took life at the far North.”

“When should we leave?” Ebuka asked, hoping Akan would say tomorrow. His mind and soul needed massaging and he was sure this tourist area will do justice to them.

“Let’s leave two days from now. I and Stacey will do the preparation on what to eat and drink for the two days. All you have to do is take whatever is necessary, like your cloths and toiletries.”

Akan was self-employed. He had resigned from his work place eight months ago as a human resource manager to open his own recruitment firm. He had taken his colleagues to the Farin Ruwa water fall in Wamba to celebrate his send off. Right now he was an employer of labour and also had all the time in the world for himself.

He looked at the new girl, “Tina, will you come with us?”
Tina looked indecisive, she didn’t want to be with Ebuka; he was too violent for her. She was also surprised she didn’t feel attracted to this handsome looking man; it didn’t just click. But the idea of going to this place made a lot of sense. “Yes, I will tag along.”

Ebuka looked at the pretty dark round faced girl. She looked too innocent to be around him. He just hoped they would be great friends at least.
Re: Extreme Encounter by Divepen1(m): 7:05pm On Jun 10, 2015
Writing from the third person omniscience make sense but try to make it tidy by not moving us from one character to another almost immediately. Reducing it will bring a great closeness between your reader and main character..... You are the boss.

Ebuka should let go of the past experience. I smell love brewing somewhere in the corner . That nature healing reminds me of Celestine prophesy.

Waiting patiently for update.
Re: Extreme Encounter by Calmdove(f): 9:45pm On Jun 10, 2015
D boss!! Well done oo
Re: Extreme Encounter by Dyoungstar: 1:47am On Jun 11, 2015
I came, I saw and am about to conquer.
Re: Extreme Encounter by frank317: 8:53pm On Jun 11, 2015
“He is dead,” Big Jay said out of his breath. The deceased had given them all the information they wanted before they killed him. Big Jay looked at his three colleagues. “Good job boys.” He walked away from the corpse towards the window.

“What next boss?” Ade asked.

“We have to leave here as discreetly as we came. Clean up the place and ensure that you leave nothing that can be traced back to us.” Big Jay replied as he peeped through the window.

It was just four pm and the building, which had four flats, was still quiet. They had been observing the deceased for more than two weeks and knew exactly when to strike. They knew today was his day off and everyone in the compound was usually at work.

Big Jay had come back to Abuja two weeks ago after being on exile for two years and his only mission was to find the man who had betrayed him. Gladly, he was getting closer every day and today was a big leap.

They finished up with covering their tracks and slipped out of the compound into the streets. People were beginning to come back from work and Kubua Streets were begining to come to life.

The four men boarded commercial bikes and headed straight to their meeting joint. It was a local bar in a discreet area of Zone four.

Big Jay had promised them so much money once they could help him find Agieve. They knew he was working for someone important in town but they also knew that in this line of business, it was best one asked little or no questions especially when it was obvious that the desired answers wouldn’t be gotten. They knew Big Jay was wanted for a crime it was believed he committed two years ago and they also knew that the hunt for Ageive had something to do with what happened at the crimes scene two years ago.

Big Jay couldn’t wait to see Ageive; the back stabbing bastard had ruined his life and caused him so much humiliation. Now he was seen as nothing but a disappointment by his boss. His boss had always trusted and believed in him but Ageive and his backstabbing activities had caused all that to crumble.

Now he was glad to have another chance to prove his worth again. He had promised his boss that he would make amend and finish up the mission he started two years ago.

It was a pity he had to wait for two miserable years to come back to town but he was glad his boss thought he deserved a second chance. But he was glad the heat had cooled off and he was no longer on the top list of the most wanted men in the capital city.

People were gradually trooping into the bar but their usual spot was still empty. They walked straight to the table and made themselves comfortable. Ahmed, the shortest member of the crew signaled to the waiter to get them some drinks. The waiter already knew their brands so he went to get their drinks without asking them anything.

Big Jay waited for the waiter to leave before speaking, “we will be going to Wamba tomorrow. I trust the information his cousin had given us is reliable...” Their drinks were served, and he quickly uncorked his and took a sip. The thought of the man he had just killed couldn’t just get out of his head. Yet he was sure that the man deserved nothing but death. What else could they have done? Let the man go? Definitely, he would alert Agieve and tell him they were on his trail. This was why he wanted them to leave for Wamba tomorrow although he was sure that even if Agieve found out his cousin was dead; he wouldn’t know who killed him or why he was killed.

The other three nodded in agreement even as they sipped their drinks.

Ahmed was glad everything was going well so far. He had been Big Jay’s buddy before he went on exile. He knew about the mission that went sour as a result of Agieve’s betrayal which led to Big Jay’s exile. It was very important that the big man left Abuja because the police were bent on getting to the bottom of the case. It had also been shocking to learn that Agieve and some other members of the crew actually considered betraying Big Jay. What were they thinking? “You know, we have to pray hard and hope that Agieve would still be in possession of all that he had gotten from that safe two years ago.”

“Yes,” Big Jay agreed. The fool must have thought the safe was full of money, he thought. But he had been well informed that Ageive had left with the papers he got there. He must have thought that they were worth keeping since they were important enough to be killed for. “I will bring down his house hold.” He said through clenched teeth, “I will destroy everyone he loves and bring down the whole village if I have to.”

“He deserves whatever you have in mind for him.” Ahmed quipped. He had carefully selected Ade and Ken for the mission and had advised that it was better they were just four in number. Any number more than four would be a crown and they needed to be as careful as possible this time around.

Four of them were experienced in usage of sophisticated weapons and were both courageous and ferocious. They were all perfectly capable of doing the job and helping Big Jay redeem his image.

Neither Ahmed nor Big Jay knew the exact content of the papers Ageive had taken from the safe.

“One of you will leave very early for Wamba tomorrow and scout the area. You will get us accommodation at Farin Ruwa water falls; we will arrive in the evening and make plans on how to locate Ageive using the address his cousin gave us.” Big Jay continued. “I want to thank you guys for the efforts that you have put in so far; without you, we wouldn’t have gotten this far.” Big Jay knew he was a changed man. Usually, he wouldn’t be this polite. But his experiences and emotional trauma he had gone through in the last two years had thought him to be more articulate and careful with people. Humans were unpredictable beings; they could hurt you no matter how fearful you may seem to them. “Your efforts are paying off and we are making huge progress. In a few days we will be reaping the fruits of our labour. Drink to your fill, everything is on me.”
Re: Extreme Encounter by frank317: 8:56pm On Jun 11, 2015
Day 2

Ebuka woke up alone in his room the next day. He didn’t feel lonely because his mind was occupied with thoughts of leaving town the tomorrow. He had heard of the water fall in Nasarawa State but had never thought of going there. Such kind of fun activities was not really his thing. This was why he was surprised at himself for easily accepting Akan’s proposal. He knew Akan was right, he desperately needed the break and if he didn’t get it, he would not mind going back to Maidugiri to face the insurgents.

He spent the better part of the morning shaving himself and ensuring he looked smart enough. He also tried cheering himself up especially whenever thoughts of Eva came flooding in.

He would never ever forgive her.

He quickly turned on the TV just to get his mind off her. Perhaps an interesting program would help him do just that. A lady news caster, whom he thought reminded him of Eva, was reading the top of the hour news. The time was 10am. Ebuka’s attention was immediately diverted from thoughts of Eva when the lady read the news on a supposedly murder case.

“The body on Mr Johanna Ibrahim was found in his room at Kubua in the early hours of the morning. It is believed that Mr. Ibrahim’s corpse must have been lying in his room for more than twelve hours as his body was already showing signs of decomposition at the time of discovery. The police are sure that this is a case of murder, disclosing that there were signs of struggle and strangulation on the victim….

Ebuka’s mobile phone vibrated on the side stool next to him before it began to ring out. This distracted him from the news as he regretfully checked the caller ID; it was his friend, Ola. He smiled and answered the call.

“Mr. Ola himself!” he spoke loudly into the phone. “The Nigerian Defender!”

“Hey Ebuka, I am loyal to you sir,” Ola jokingly returned.

“I want to believe that you are on your way to my house or are you still nurturing your bullet wounds?” Ebuka asked.

“I am sorry, I cannot make it today,” Ola was seriously apologetic, “I have a wedding ceremony to attend today, and I will definitely be at your place next tomorrow.”

Ebuka was glad that his friend was healthy enough to go for a wedding. “I am sorry; you will not see me here in two days’ time. I am leaving town.”

“Aww… where are you traveling to?”

“I want to go to Nasarawa state for a three day vacation.”

Ola instantly knew the trip had something to do with the heart break his friend was going through. Ebuka had told him about it when he came to see him at the hospital. Even on his sick bed, he had felt sorry for the courageous soldier. Ola felt bad for not coming around since he recovered. He owed his life to Ebuka and would do anything to make him happy. “So what’s happening in Nasarawa state?”

“I want to spend a few days at Farin Ruwa waterfalls; I heard it’s a great place to take your mind of things. Hey, it might do you good to visit there once in a while you know. Why don’t you come with us?” Ebuka asked excitedly. If he was going to have fun with nature at the fall, it would be merrier with Ola around.

“Ya, I heard it’s an interesting place… but I can’t come back for the wedding and leave for Nasarawa on the same day.”

Ebuka’s shoulder’s slumped, “So there is no way you can make it?”

“I really don’t know…” Ola already felt hanging around Ebuka at the fall would be interesting but he hadn’t planned for any trip and didn’t see himself leaving Abuja anytime soon. “I wish I can make it… may be some other time.”

“Alright, no problem.” Ebuka replied.

“Just have fun over there and enjoy yourself the best way you can.” Ola replied

They discussed on other things before hanging up.

Ebuka really liked Ola, and he knew hanging out with his two best friends would have been a perfect vacation.

After the call, he decided to take a morning stroll, he was really missing Eva. By the time he locked his door, he could even remember he heard anything about murder on the news this morning. He just couldn’t wait to leave Abuja tomorrow.
Re: Extreme Encounter by frank317: 2:13pm On Jun 12, 2015
Hmmm is it the entire literature section or just my story that is this dry and quiet... Well, we will still continue

Where my guys at!!
Re: Extreme Encounter by rofemiguwa(f): 2:26pm On Jun 12, 2015
My first love is back!!! Present sir!! Ride on frankie kiss
Re: Extreme Encounter by frank317: 2:27pm On Jun 12, 2015
The cool air coming from the water fall close by gave the inhabitants of Bako village a rare opportunity to have a raw taste of nature. Bako village was just three kilometers away from Farin Ruwa water fall. It was a small settlement in Wamba Local Government Area located directly in the boundary between Plateau state and Nasarawa state.

Despite the attention the fall had drawn to itself since it was discovered sixty five years ago, neighboring villages have known little of no development as expected. The fall had only served as a place for trade for some of the poor villages around it. Yet these surrounding villages have enjoyed the undiluted freshness the fall had freely given into the atmosphere. Their vegetation was always ever green and their food was rich. As a result, the people were contented and didn’t bother much about western development.

Bako citizens were a humble people who longed for nothing but the quietness and peace that have ruled their place right from time immemorial. Even most of the people in diaspora always desired to come home and enjoy the serenity the environment had to offer. It didn’t matter their level of education, or experience gained over the years in a more developed environment; nothing was capable of distracting them from craving for their peaceful home.

Tamina was a graduate of Psychology in Nasarawa State University, and worked with the Nasarawa State Ministry of health. She had been in Bako for the past three months with her siblings, all thanks to the indefinite labour strike by the state labour union.

At twenty six, she was saddled with the responsibility of taking care of Musa and Trisha, her twin siblings who were just eleven years old. She was the only parent they knew for now and they were her only responsibility in the whole world. Nothing mattered but her precious little loved ones.

Tamina was distressed. The strike situation was hitting her hard as she had run out of cash to fend for her little ones. The little money she had saved before the strike had been exhausted and feeding herself and younger ones was becoming almost impossible. She now owed almost all everyone she patronized at the market and at the moment was considering leaving Bako for Keffi to ask some of her friends for help. This was a huge dilemma since she wasn’t sure if any of them would actually help her.

Tamina was an orphan; she had known nothing but a life of stress since she lost her dad seven years ago. Her mum died after the birth of the twins. Her parents never planned to have them; they were more like a mistake.

At the moment, she sat close to a small stream near her home and watched Uncle Ageive and his friends. He received a call and excused himself to answer it. They were drinking locally made gin in an open bar nearby.

He was the most useless uncle anyone could ever have and sometimes, Tamina wondered why God gave her such a man as an uncle. He was their father’s only brother and had brought nothing but trouble to the family since he was a child. Her father had warned her to be wary of him even when he was on his sick bed, “He is my good for nothing brother and I don’t want you to get close to him,” Tamina recalled him saying.

Tamina had always been fond of uncle Ageive despite the fact that he had never given her anything in life. “But dad, he is always nice to me,” she complained.

“It does not matter!” the sick man returned, “He is going to be nothing but a bad influence on you. Ageive is nothing but a petty thief and has been a disgrace to this family since he was born. I don’t want to have anything to do with him and I also want you to keep your distance.”

Uncle Ageive left Boko a few months before her father’s death and didn’t return until two years ago. How could she forget his reaction at their first meeting after a long while?

“Tamina!” he had loudly voiced out once he walked into their compound, “You have grown into a very beautiful woman.” He was shabbily dressed and chubbier than she could remember.

Tamina didn’t know how to react at the presence of her estranged Uncle. Where had he been? She quickly remembered everything her father had always said about him and didn’t feel the need to go give him a hug. He had not even sent a word since the death of her father, his brother.

Uncle Ageive had continued to live in his old room and acted as if Tamina and her siblings didn’t exist. He was always drunk and didn’t feed well. He kept to himself and always mumbled like he was running mad. Tamina didn’t know what to make of Uncle Ageive’s behavior. Was he still a petty criminal?

She stood up from under the tree were she sat. This was where she always came to find solace whenever she was troubled. But it had not been helping in recent times. Sitting here no longer yielded anything. She just needed money. Her siblings would resume school in three weeks time and that was another source of worry.

She carried her long dark legs out of the shadow and into the sun. Her ebony colour glittered in the sun and it seemed the sun just smiled at her beauty. Tamina looked like a super model. Her long hair, oval face, full breast and full behind was a cause of distraction everywhere she went, even at her work place. She had a pair of large white eyes which were complimented by a perfect sized nose and two full lips. Her smile was glorious.

Before she left the scene, she thought she heard a groaning sound from her uncle. She looked back towards his direction. Something about the call had gotten him worried, but she had her own worries to think about, so she ignored him and walked away.

Re: Extreme Encounter by frank317: 2:37pm On Jun 12, 2015
While the Nigerian government was putting much effort to curb down the intense violent activities of a growing terrorist organization in the North east, the North central was falling apart. The clashes between the Fulani/Hausas and the indigenes of Plateau State were getting out of hand. In the cities of the state, innocent lives were being lost every day as IED devices were planted at different social and religious gatherings resulting to loss of lives. While news of raids carried out by opposition groups on villages became the order of the day. People were being displaced from their homes as villages were destroyed and women and children were being killed in numbers. All these were as a result of the fight for superiority between the indigenes and the Fulanis.

Somewhere in the boundary between Plateau and Nasarawa, a group of Fulani/Hausa militants were planning on carrying out an unforeseen raid on an unsuspecting group people.

“We are going to take them by surprise.” Abdul said to his crew with a cynical smile on his face. “This is the best strategy one can ever think off. Do not be deceived; Bako citizens are nothing but migrants from Plateau State. If we attack them, it would be as good as an attack in any village in Plateau state.” He was a black hefty man with bloodshot eyes. His lips were extremely dark and his face was so mean that one would think the blood running through his veins were black in color.

His followers nodded in agreement with satisfaction written all over their faces. They were a group of die-hard Fulani herdsmen who were ready to die for their cause.

They were at war with the so called indigenes of Plateau State.

“Come tomorrow night, we will raid Bako village. I want you to remember that we have lost many of our brothers in this cause. We cannot let their blood spill in vain. If they kill us in hundreds, we will retaliate by ensuring they fall in thousands.”

“Yes,” The herdsmen yelled in agreement.

“We are nomads but that does not mean that we should be treated unjustly. And so if we cannot be part of any society just like other citizens, we will ensure no one lives in that society and no building stands tall!!”

They were a group of diehard rebels who had been displaced from their homes but were bent on fighting back till the last drop of their blood. They were determined to take the law into their hands and give justice to themselves. They were also ready to die and would take all their enemies along with them.

Abdul, their leader enjoyed the respect he commanded among his fellow herdsmen. He had once enjoyed wealth before he witnessed his fellow tribesmen got slaughtered while fighting for a place in the society they lived. All they wanted was to be part of the political decision in the state.

They seem to have discovered so late that being fulfilled in life required more than having much money from sales of their cattle. This was how the Fulanis had lived for a long time, making money without being recognized. The current generation wanted more. They were tired of being seen and treated like the lowest class of citizens despite their importance in the society. They wanted political positions and an opportunity to have a say in the society they lived.

But instead of giving them what they wanted, his kinsmen were butchered and displaced. Young men like Abdul watched their dreams go down the drain. Now the only way he was relevant was as a rebel leader.

His life was filled with nothing but regrets. He was like a drowning man; just on a vengeful cause which obviously had no final trophy. There was no hope for the future but deaths. He knew nemesis was about to catch up with him. He had killed so many innocent people; kids and helpless women alike.

Well, one thing gave him the motivation to fight on. He believed he was avenging the deaths of his loved ones; his cause was a just one. He had a willing army. They were willing to kill but unlike Abdul, they believed that there was hope for the future. They believed that the fight was definitely going to yield a good result at last. Even though he knew this wasn’t true, Abdul didn’t think he had any reason to stop the fight.

They were camped in a remote area just about four kilometers from Bako village. The people’s farm land didn’t stretch to this region and even if they were seen, the people had no reason to suspect that they could be attacked.

“We will rest this night and strike tomorrow. Tomorrow we will be conquerors once again.”

“Yea!!” his followers agreed.

He loved their courage; he loved their faith in a better future. Like them, he wished they would bring down as many enemies as possible before dying. This was the only thing that would make him die a happy man. He wished he had money to sponsor more attacks. They were running out of food and weapons. If they continued like this, they would end up not killing enough enemies before their deaths. Money would definitely solve this problem. He silently wished for miracle.

Re: Extreme Encounter by nellyme(f): 7:42pm On Jun 12, 2015
Continue...following

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Extreme Encounter by frank317: 8:35pm On Jun 12, 2015
rofemiguwa:
My first love is back!!! Present sir!! Ride on frankie kiss

Nice to see you hear... I was think say 'na only me waka come'
Re: Extreme Encounter by SexySapphire(f): 9:15pm On Jun 12, 2015
Welcome back frank. Don't worry, other big fans of your will soon storm this page. Just ride on. By the way, your updates have been thrilling, a big well done for that.
Re: Extreme Encounter by frank317: 10:55pm On Jun 13, 2015
SexySapphire:
Welcome back frank. Don't worry, other big fans of your will soon storm this page. Just ride on. By the way, your updates have been thrilling, a big well done for that.

Thanks dear... Next update should come tomorrow
Re: Extreme Encounter by stuff46(m): 6:10am On Jun 14, 2015
Thrilling updates sire. Surely following.
Cc. Onemansquad, skimpledawg, kenwins, Harjibolar10.
Re: Extreme Encounter by Emperortj93(m): 6:30am On Jun 14, 2015
This should be an interesting read
Re: Extreme Encounter by mariamferanmi(f): 7:00am On Jun 14, 2015
Nice update frank317, following closely still d end!!
Re: Extreme Encounter by Skimpledawg(m): 7:07am On Jun 14, 2015
YaYo stuff46, saw ya call......

Leme go to my village shrine, wen am back, will read d updates. I knw frank wnt disappoint.

cc: suxxman
Re: Extreme Encounter by frank317: 11:35am On Jun 14, 2015
“You don’t have to be hard on yourself,” Rebecca said to her boyfriend, James. “I know everything around you seem like its falling apart but you just have to be strong. At least they are still there for you as your parents.”
[b][/b]
James just remained silent as his eyes continued to focus on the ceiling. He just didn’t know what he was going to tell the pretty damsel trying to encourage him. The fact was that he wished he could be left alone, but he didn’t want to hurt Rebecca by telling her to leave. She didn’t deserve such rudeness. Besides, he might want to have somebody around once she was gone. He slowly lowered his head and faced her, “I don’t even know what to think. I can’t even imagine myself going back to that house. It just does not feel like home any longer. How could they not be my parents?”

James was delivered a shocker last weekend when he went home for weekend. His parents told him they were not his rightful parents. At first he had thought that they were joking, but the look on their faces said otherwise. It was like living a movie.

“It is understandable that you should feel this way for now, but with time you will get your acts together and face reality.” Rebecca replied.
James stared at her. Yes, she was the love of his life, but a lot has happened to him since he started dating her six months ago. Everyone thought she was the hottest girl in University of Abuja. James thought so too, but her beauty has brought so much trouble to him.

Every guy wanted to have Rebecca as his. The six feet and three inches tall girl with chubby and full body had also caught the attention of one of the most notorious boys in school. But Rebecca was too soft and humble to give the bad boy the attention he desired. She wanted no one but James. James was cool headed, focused and intelligent. He might not be the hottest dude on campus but he was good looking enough for the humble girl.

Isa couldn’t just let go, he wanted Rebecca by all means. As a result, he had been threatening James’s life in recent times.

James thought Isa’s recent threats were enough problems in his life until his parents just revealed to him the shocker of his life. He just felt that his world was falling apart. He didn’t think he would be able to handle the whole stress. “I just feel like running to nowhere in particular.” His eyes were focused on Rebecca’s. Why would Isa not just leave them alone? She had given him nothing but unconditional love.

Her small white eyes focused on his. He loved her smooth face and small but full lips. If he was going to run away, he would sure run with her.

The fact was that running away was the only option he had. The school was becoming uncomfortable and home was no longer his.
Isa’s threat had started gradually and was becoming fiercer every new day.

“I don’t think running away will solve anything.” She replied.

“I just need somewhere to get my head off things for a while….” He suddenly became thoughtful, “I am just confused. Who could my parents be? Mum and Dad said that I was dropped at the door step and they have been receiving money from an unknown source for my upkeep. According to them, the money stopped coming two years ago.”

James had noticed that his adopted parents had been obviously going through financial difficulties and this had led to the revelation that was messing him up at the moment. Both parents were secondary school teachers but his father had retired four years ago. James had never had any reason to wonder how they had been taking care of him; he had never lacked anything until two years ago when, all of a sudden, the family’s financial situation became so bad.

Now the question was who was funding his upbringing all these while? Were his parents still alive? Why did they give him away to strangers?
“I really don’t think I can handle this. It’s just too much for me and if I continue, I might run mad.

Rebecca wished she could help, “Just try and relax your mind. I will always be here for you. Meanwhile, why don’t we go and have our lunch, I know you must be getting hungry.”

James hadn’t had any appetite since morning. “You know if Isa sees the both of us he wouldn’t miss the opportunity to embarrass me?” Memories of what Isa did to him last week at the school canteen came flooding into his mind. They had just ordered their food and had settled down to eat once the food had been served and out of nowhere, Isa had appeared and snatched his food from the table. James reflexively stretched his hand to take back his plate of food when a stronger arm hit it off.

“Am I not being fair to you? You took my girl and I am just taking your food.” Isa had said with a mischievous smile on his face. There were three hefty guys with him and one of them took the plate of food as Isa passed it to him.
“I am not your girl,” Rebecca had softly replied.

This reply earned a hit on James’s head. Isa hit him like a kid at the back of his head and James couldn’t summon up courage to hit back. His face just flustered with embarrassment.

Rebecca felt bad, she was the cause of all these.

“Do you have anything to say again my lady?” Isa asked her. “I just need your permission to hit him harder.

She said nothing but watched him with hatred. She had tried everything to get him off her back but he wouldn’t stop.

She watched him and his friends walk away from their table with James’s food.

The fact was that Isa was certain she would never fall for him. So he decided he was just going to frustrate her and whoever she was dating her. He meant to make her have a taste of his frustration. She was his crush, his weakness. He drooled after her and felt like nobody without her. Whenever he saw her, his heart beat would stop for two seconds. The sight of her smooth face, full fleshy breasts, thighs and behind… She was the most desirable girl he had ever beheld and had felt hurt when she rejected him.

Isa had a mean face and was notorious but he had a good build and was capable of providing both financial and physical comfort to any girl under his care. Everyone feared him but he saw it as respect. How then could she reject him? His father was a reputable contractor in Abuja and so had enough money to spread around. Wasn’t every lady supposed to drool for a rich and strong man? Rebecca just proved him wrong.
“We will simply avoid him, you wouldn’t stay indoors always because of that brute would you?” She asked.

“I am not even feeling hungry… I am just nobody. I don’t belong anywhere, my home has rejected me and I am hunted by cultists in school just because I found love. Life is just unfair to me and I cannot even do anything about it. I am just useless, I am just…”

“Please stop it James!” Rebecca cut him short, “Whining will not get you anywhere. Alright, just stay here, I will go and buy food for you.” She really didn’t want to leave him all alone because he might just do something terrible to himself. She loved him and would always be there for him.

James watched her leave the room. He loved her too but he didn’t know what to think about everything that was happening anymore. Perhaps he should just join another cult group so as to have backup whenever Isa was taunting him. Actually he had been giving this option a thought since the brute snatched his food. Yes, Isa had threatened him on several occasions but taking his food was taking it too far. He didn’t know what next Isa would do to him and that was scary.

Right now James thought he had two options; runaway or join a cult group in school. As for his parent’s revelation, he just might end up in a psychiatric home thinking of it.

1 Like

Re: Extreme Encounter by frank317: 11:37am On Jun 14, 2015
stuff46:

thanks man, nice to have u here.

Emperortj93:
This should be an interesting read

hi, its been a while. glad u are still with me

mariamferanmi:
Nice update frank317, following closely still d end!!

i will not disappoint u
Re: Extreme Encounter by frank317: 11:38am On Jun 14, 2015
alright, thats it for this week. lets see how next week will go. happy sunday

1 Like

Re: Extreme Encounter by Emperortj93(m): 1:00pm On Jun 14, 2015
frank317:

hi, its been a while. glad u are still with me

mr frank i will forever be with u. Just being busy checking other section on nairaland but now am back to my first love. Hope u take me back with open arms
Re: Extreme Encounter by harjibolar10(m): 6:09am On Jun 15, 2015
stuff46:

Make I kia kia catch up with ya

Ayam present
Re: Extreme Encounter by GominaM(f): 11:08am On Jun 15, 2015
following
Re: Extreme Encounter by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 15, 2015
Skimpledawg:
YaYo stuff46, saw ya call......

Leme go to my village shrine, wen am back, will read d updates. I knw frank wnt disappoint.

cc: suxxman

U this Man!! grin
Re: Extreme Encounter by Galacious1: 9:57pm On Jun 15, 2015
Frank317----Keep it comin, boss
Re: Extreme Encounter by Coldfaya(m): 5:42am On Jun 16, 2015
Back with a bang!! #followiing oga 3:16

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Publiseer Is A Finalist At The 2018 Harvard Business School / The Power Of Reading Books / ARTHUT (home For All Things Art)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.