Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,166 members, 7,780,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:34 AM

Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? (7658 Views)

Has Anyone Seen God Or Not? / ‘Face To Face With Lucifer’: TB Joshua's Meeting With Lucifer Goes Viral / 10 Kinds Of Christians That Put A Smile On God's Face (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Rilwayne001: 4:42pm On Jun 10, 2015

[size=15pt] THE BIBLE SAID NO. [/size]

1Ti 6:15-16 …………--God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen.

Joh 1:18 No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known.

Exo 33:20 But," he said, "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live."

The question is: How true is this using the same bible?

Cc; allnaijablogger, malviguy, truthman2012, ifeann, true2god, jagoon, jcross, proffdada macelliot, bingbagbo, prophetudeme

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 10, 2015
Rilwayne001:

1Ti 6:15-16 …………--God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen.

Joh 1:18 No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known.

Exo 33:20 But," he said, "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live."

Cc; allnaijablogger, malviguy, truthman2012, ifeann, true2god, jagoon, jcross, proffdada macelliot, bingbagbo, prophetudeme
in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God.
When you come into His presence by studying His Word and Prayer and meditation. GOD will speak to you. You will see Him and feel His presence.
Meanwhile Christianity is about faith. So with faith and patience we hope to see Him one day and He will dwell among us forever and ever even for ever.amen. We cannot see God thru our mortal and flesh because He is light. Thats why He told moses in that exodus you quoted that none of us (flesh) may see Him and live. And also in 1 timothy 6 vs 15 that no flesh can approach His presence.
But we the christians that has been saved sanctified and justified. We shall see Him because blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God (matt 5 vs cool and also follow peace with all men without which no man shall see the Lord (hebrews 12 vs 14) and lastly in the book of job. Our flesh shall be destroyed but in our soul we shall see God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Rilwayne001: 5:03pm On Jun 10, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God.
When you come into His presence by studying His Word and Prayer and meditation. GOD will speak to you. You will see Him and feel His presence.
Meanwhile Christianity is about faith. So with faith and patience we hope to see Him one day and He will dwell among us forever and ever even for ever. Amen

So, what do you have to say about the verse I quoted? especially that of Timothy which says "whom no one HAS SEEN or CAN SEE.

Also in Exodus, YHWH himself said "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and LIVE."

Is this some sort of contradiction or what? remember Moses saw YHWH face to face.

Who do we believe now

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by VickJames(m): 5:05pm On Jun 10, 2015
No one has seen God in flesh and bone.
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Rilwayne001: 5:12pm On Jun 10, 2015
VickJames:

Lol.

What do you mean by "flesh and bone" ??

According to Genesis 32:22-32, Jacob didn't just saw God face-to-face, Jacob wrestles with God. shocked smh

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by VickJames(m): 5:15pm On Jun 10, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Lol.

What do you mean by "flesh and bone" ??

According to Genesis 32:22-32, Jacob didn't just saw God face-to-face, Jacob wrestles with God. shocked smh

Nope, the person he wrestled with is an angel of God not God himself.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Macelliot(m): 5:43pm On Jun 10, 2015
Rilwayne001:

No one has seen GOD except the One who comes from HIM, and that's Christ..
Incase you quote the 'Genesis verse' where Jacob wrestles with "God". That's not God HIMSELF, but obviously an Angel(messenger) who came in human form.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:21pm On Jun 10, 2015
VickJames:

Oga ade shattapp

MOSES saw your God face to face

6 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by VickJames(m): 6:22pm On Jun 10, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Oga ade shattapp
MOSES saw your God face to face
Oga mufu calm down
Moses saw the back of God.
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:26pm On Jun 10, 2015
VickJames:

Oga mufu calm down

When last did you read your bible?

Exodus 33:11

New International Version
The LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as one speaks to a friend. Then Moses would return to the camp, but his young aide Joshua son of Nun did not leave the tent.

6 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Judas2013: 7:22pm On Jun 10, 2015
VickJames:

Oga mufu calm down

At least he saw the back of God,which meant he saw God. If your God has a back I'm afraid he is a flesh and blood like us. Don't forget Abraham eat meat with God. I'm sure he did not only see the back,but mouth,eyes, teeth, hands,tongue of this God.

7 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Judas2013: 7:24pm On Jun 10, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
Meanwhile Christianity is about faith. So with faith and patience we hope to see Him one day and He will dwell among us forever and ever even for ever.amen. We cannot see God thru our mortal and flesh because He is light. Thats why He told moses in that exodus you quoted that none of us (flesh) may see Him and live. And also in 1 timothy 6 vs 15 that no flesh can approach His presence.
But we the christians that has been saved sanctified and justified. We shall see Him because blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God (matt 5 vs cool and also follow peace with all men without which no man shall see the Lord (hebrews 12 vs 14) and lastly in the book of job. Our flesh shall be destroyed but in our soul we shall see God

But the primitive men saw this God without prayers and Faith. Why do you need faith if something is not dodgy?

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Rilwayne001: 9:53pm On Jun 10, 2015
VickJames:

Nope, the person he wrestled with is an angel of God not God himself.

…“Your name will no longer be Jacob. Your name will now be Israel, because you have wrestled WITH GOD and with people, and you have won.” Then Jacob asked him, “Please tell me your name.” But the man said, “Why do you ask my name?” Then he blessed Jacob there. So Jacob named that place Peniel, saying, “I have seen God face to face, but my life was saved.”

The underlined part is not the primary aim of this thread if not the highlighted part, Do you agree that Jacob according to this verse saw God face-to-face?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Rilwayne001: 10:06pm On Jun 10, 2015
Macelliot:

No one has seen GOD except the One who comes from HIM, and that's Christ..
Incase you quote the 'Genesis verse' where Jacob wrestles with "God". That's not God HIMSELF, but obviously an Angel(messenger) who came in human form.
Thanks

Lol..

Exo 24:9-11 Moses and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and the seventy elders of Israel went up and SAW THE GOD OF ISRAEL . Under his feet was something like a pavement made of sapphire, clear as the sky itself. But God did not raise his hand against these leaders of the Israelites; THEY SAW GOD , and they ate and drank.

Perphaps the God of Israel is different from the one you talking about. Who is lying? you or the bible?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Empiree: 12:17am On Jun 11, 2015
@Rilwayne001, you dey mind them?. They probably never came across these passages. There are more of them.

Oh, you gonna get me started with this people again. I love this. I am sure they have no idea of the bible to large extent. Let me drop this on them. King James Bible:

[size=15pt]"I saw the Lord standing upon the altar:..."[/size] Amos 9:1

Amos 9:1
Mo ri Oluwa! O duro lori pepe ~ Samuel Ajayi Crowther translation

They will practice "at-ttaqiya" by saying it's 'parable'. Unfortunately it's not because altar is physical and visible. That means the verse means what it says. This is KJV ifeann so proud of.

Picture of Altar below....

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Medicis(m): 12:27am On Jun 11, 2015
Bross!!! Let me put u out of ur misery. True!! moses, joseph saw God face to face and lived but they never saw him in his glory(I.e in his original form). If Moses nd Joseph had seen God in his glory they would have died. Only Jesus has seen God in glory because he came from him. God can decide to take any form and you'll still see him face to face, but when u see him in his glory, u're a DEAD MEAT. Receive understanding in jesus name!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Empiree: 1:04am On Jun 11, 2015
^ @ Medicis, you simply twisting and drifting. You simply interjecting your opinion and interpretation. Nice try but try harder next time.

4 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by lepasharon(f): 1:04am On Jun 11, 2015
Daniel saw God too.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by cold(m): 1:50am On Jun 11, 2015
Excuses,excuses,excuses..'he saw the back of god (this on is funny though grin) 'he saw god but not in all his glory' 'they felt his presence but never saw his face',bla..bla..bla what excuse will you guys come up with next to protect this god of yours? The Bible is so contradictory it's not even funny. In one breath it is saying no face has ever or will ever see god,in the next,it is telling us how a mere mortal fought with a god. And i'm not even referring to the Jacob story which has been alluded to already. Anyone remembers the bar fight between god and Moses over the latter's uncircumcised genitals?
Let me jog your memory a little; Exodus 24-26 At a lodging place on the way, the Lord met Moses and was about to kill him. But Zipporah took a flint knife, cut off her son’s foreskin and touched Moses’ feet with it.“Surely you are a bridegroom of blood to me,” she said. So the Lord let him alone...sigh I wonder what spin they'll put on this one

4 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jun 11, 2015
Judas2013:

But the primitive men saw this God without prayers and Faith. Why do you need faith if something is not dodgy?
and why are you always found only on religion section?
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by sonmvayina(m): 2:16pm On Jun 11, 2015
There where times when man and Gods lived side by side.they had their quaters and men had theirs..all they wanted was respect..they lived in jordan and built the wall of the city very high..when they wanted to live for their various dimmension, they destroyed the city and the walls by making the isreslites march round it seven times..while they activated the self distroy burton..
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Medicis(m): 2:53pm On Jun 11, 2015
@Empiree I'm not twisting neighter am I drifting, just want u to know that the God of the bible and ur Allah are not the same. I know u read the bible to find error and dat's why u'll always find it but I take my time and read to understand it. Exodus 33:9-11King James Version (KJV)

9 And it came to pass, as Moses entered into the tabernacle, the cloudy pillar descended, and stood at the door of the tabernacle, and the Lord talked with Moses.

10 And all the people saw the cloudy pillar stand at the tabernacle door: and all the people rose up and worshipped, every man in his tent door.

11 And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle. God appeared to moses in form of a CLOUDY PILLAR and they spoke face to face. If moses had seen God face to face(His original form) in chapter 11 he would not be asking God to show himself in his glory(I.e his original form) in Exodus 33:18(And he said please, show me your Glory). And I want u to know dat no old testament prophet saw God in his original form, what they saw was just manifestation of God in different form and not in his glory because no Man can see God in his glory face to face and live.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by gatiano(m): 3:04pm On Jun 11, 2015
Yes, I just saw two now, Most of them will read this too, but will refuse to see the truth of it.
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by yazach: 3:10pm On Jun 11, 2015
when will Christians and their buy bull stop their blasphemy against GOD!!!!!
Imagine human wrestling GOD undecided undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Demmzy15(m): 3:31pm On Jun 11, 2015
Rilwayne001, Empiree and others thanks for this humiliation. Ifeann, Truthman2012 Lie-lieman2012, Jagoon(òmó àlé yoruba), allnaijablog, etc no get wetin to talk. Others are trying but it's all in vain!

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by truthman2012(m): 3:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
Rilwayne001:

God is the ALMIGHTY who cannot be fully or entirely understood by man. In fact, what makes Him God is that He is beyond human comrehension.

God can appear to people in different forms. He can appear as an angel or a man. He can reveal Himself in a way that man can have the capacity to withstand. He also has a glorious form that is beyond man's ability to behold with the natural eyes.

In those occasions God revealed Himself to Moses and others, He decided to do so in a form that man's eyes could behold. But Moses requested specifically to see God in His full glory: ''And he (Moses) said, I beseech thee, shew me thy GLORY'' (Exodus 33:18). In this case, God had to develop a strategy for Moses to see a part of His GLORY.

Please note that earlier in the same book of Exodus, the bible records that Moses and some others saw God in a form man can see Him:

Exo 24:9-11 Moses and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and the seventy elders of Israel went up and SAW THE GOD OF ISRAEL . Under his feet was something like a pavement made of sapphire, clear as the sky itself. But God did not raise his hand against these leaders of the Israelites; THEY SAW GOD , and they ate and drank.

The fact that Moses requested to see God in His GLORY proves he did not see Him in His completeness the first time he saw Him.

Therefore, when Timothy and John said no one can see God as in the New Testament, they must have been talking about seeing His completeness as they were aware of the Old Testament events where some people saw Him in a form.

May God grant you muslim guys divine understanding.

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by truthman2012(m): 3:42pm On Jun 11, 2015
I am surprised that you muslim guys could still open a thread trying to find fault with the bible. If same is said about islam you start spewing fire and brimestone that forces owners of nairaland to be quickly deleting any thread against islam.

Islam can only survive by threats and killings. That shows the deity behind the religion. Smh!!!

Please don't mention my username again because I have lost keen interest in the forum. I only came to see this thread by chance.
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Rilwayne001: 4:05pm On Jun 11, 2015
truthman2012:
[s] I am surprised that you muslim guys could still open a thread trying to find fault with the bible. If same is said about islam you start spewing fire and brimestone that forces owners of nairaland to be quickly deleting any thread against islam.
Islam can only survive by threats and killings. That shows the deity behind islam. Smh!!! [/s]

How many of your thread have they deleted? Do you complain to them? Are they the one that told you that some people threatened them? Why are you lying?

Please don't mention my username again because I have lost keen interest in the forum. I only came to see this thread by chance.

If you are not interested in this forum, you should simply deactivate your account, its as simple as that. As long as you are online, I will always mention your moniker. You can always ban me if your not satisfied. undecided

Old man.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by truthman2012(m): 4:29pm On Jun 11, 2015
Rilwayne001:

How many of your thread have they deleted? Do you complain to them? Are they the one that told you that some people threatened them? Why are you lying?

If you are not interested in this forum, you should simply deactivate your account, its as simple as that. As long as you are online, I will always mention your moniker. You can always ban me if your not satisfied. undecided

Old man.

Thank you. May you get old as well.

How do you know whether or not my moniker has been deactivated? I know it will gladen many of you if I leave. Am not leaving completely but will not be active as usual since you muslims are not ready for the truth.
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Empiree: 4:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
Medicis:
@Emp.iree I'm not twisting neighter am I drifting, just want u to know that the God of the bible and ur Allah are not the same.
Of course they are not because your God shaves his beard and private part or feet. Read

International Standard Version
At that time, the LORD will hire a barber to come from beyond the Euphrates River—that is, the king of Assyria—and he will shave your heads, your leg hair, and your beards, too. Isaiah 7:20

Or this one where bible God was staggering after waking from sleep. Read

Then the Lord awoke as if from sleep, Like a warrior overcome by wine. Psalm 78:65

Also bible addresses God as foolish (astagfurllah)

For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength. 1 Corinthians 1:25

And finally 2 Samuel 22:7-9 Bible says smoke rose from his nostrils like Sango and fire also came from his mouth. Read

“In my distress I called to the Lord;
I called out to my God.
From his temple he heard my voice;
my cry came to his ears.
The earth trembled and quaked,
the foundations of the heavens shook;
they trembled because he was angry.
Smoke rose from his nostrils;
consuming fire came from his mouth,
burning coals blazed out of it.

These are blasphemies. I am glad you reconfirmed moses saw God face to face

3 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by truthman2012(m): 5:01pm On Jun 11, 2015
Empiree:
Of course they are not because your God shaves his beard and private part or feet. Read

International Standard Version
At that time, the LORD will hire a barber to come from beyond the Euphrates River—that is, the king of Assyria—and he will shave your heads, your leg hair, and your beards, too. Isaiah 7:20

Or this one where bible God was staggering after waking from sleep. Read

Then the Lord awoke as if from sleep, Like a warrior overcome by wine. Psalm 78:65

Also bible addresses God as foolish (astagfurllah)

For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength. 1 Corinthians 1:25

And finally 2 Samuel 22:7-9 Bible says smoke ose from his nostrils like Sango and fire also comes from his mouth. Read

“In my distress I called to the Lord;
I called out to my God.
From his temple he heard my voice;
my cry came to his ears.
The earth trembled and quaked,
the foundations of the heavens shook;
they trembled because he was angry.
Smoke rose from his nostrils;
consuming fire came from his mouth,
burning coals blazed out of it.

These are blasphemies. I am glad you reconfirmed moses saw God face to face

Those are not blasphemies, they are analogies. But even if they are, do you hold God responsible for them or the speakers?
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Empiree: 5:15pm On Jun 11, 2015
truthman2012:

Those are not blasphemies, they are analogies.
Exactly what I was expecting AT-TAQQIYA in action!.

But even if they are, do you hold God responsible for them or the speakers?
To even think that God Almighty spoke these words is blasphemy. These are men's inputs; blaspheming against God. Nonsense!

These are just few of what Quran and hadith said that people of the Book corrupted their scriptures and you sit there telling me these are analogies? Joke!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lean On Me: Kapital FM Abuja (True Life Story of Joseph Terry) / The Problem With Religion, Including Science. / What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.