Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

13 & 15 Years From Nigeria Built Mobile Web Browsing Alternative To Google Chrom - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / 13 & 15 Years From Nigeria Built Mobile Web Browsing Alternative To Google Chrom (1410 Views)

Mobile Web Developer / Looking For An Experienced Mobile Developer (mobile Web And Smartphone App) / Is There Any Alternative To Android Studio For Making Andriod Apps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 & 15 Years From Nigeria Built Mobile Web Browsing Alternative To Google Chrom by kingabdull: 5:03pm On Jun 10, 2015
These two brothers are now making the news online showing the world that Africans got talent. the young lads where trying to use Google chrome but it slow in loading but instead of them to complain, they decided to build something faster than Google chrome and they achieved it . They Later achieve that goal last year by creating a mobile web browser the name is "Crocodile Browser" the app is ready to use and you can equally download it from Google play store. 

They say necessity is the mother of invention and this is sure the case when it comes to 13 and 15 year old, Nigerian brothers Anesi and Osine Ikhianosime. Their necessity is their need for a faster mobile web browsing experience…because who wants to wait a few extra seconds for Google Chrome to load when you can build a better browser?

God Bless Nigeria !!! God Bless Africa!!!

http://popularsidezone..co.uk/2015/06/13-15-years-old-anesi-and-osine.html?m=1

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 & 15 Years From Nigeria Built Mobile Web Browsing Alternative To Google Chrom by larisoft: 5:18pm On Jun 10, 2015
gee! I really have to check this out but is this even real? I mean writing a web browser usually cannot be accomplished by 1 person...not with having to understand http and socket protocols...parsing HTML...all sorts of HTML...fiddling with a JavaScript engine...

even if they used the android webview; they d still be using chrome underneath it... except that it d be slower...

this is quite interesting...
Re: 13 & 15 Years From Nigeria Built Mobile Web Browsing Alternative To Google Chrom by AAinEqGuinea: 5:39pm On Jun 10, 2015
NICE

cc: lalasticlala
Re: 13 & 15 Years From Nigeria Built Mobile Web Browsing Alternative To Google Chrom by lalasticlala(m): 5:52pm On Jun 10, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:
NICE

cc: lalasticlala

we have featured it
Re: 13 & 15 Years From Nigeria Built Mobile Web Browsing Alternative To Google Chrom by KoredeBellosMum(f): 5:57pm On Jun 10, 2015
Re: 13 & 15 Years From Nigeria Built Mobile Web Browsing Alternative To Google Chrom by Nobody: 5:42am On Jun 11, 2015
larisoft:
gee! I really have to check this out but is this even real? I mean writing a web browser usually cannot be accomplished by 1 person...not with having to understand http and socket protocols...parsing HTML...all sorts of HTML...fiddling with a JavaScript engine...

even if they used the android webview; they d still be using chrome underneath it... except that it d be slower...

My same thought building chrome takes mad resources and insane c++ knowledge
Re: 13 & 15 Years From Nigeria Built Mobile Web Browsing Alternative To Google Chrom by seunthomas: 9:27am On Jun 11, 2015
What i think they probably did is customize a android webview which is a part of the SDK that allows you render html. They did not write the browser from scratch. Not sure they can have the resources to do that. But even with that i laud their efforts and passion.

1 Like

Re: 13 & 15 Years From Nigeria Built Mobile Web Browsing Alternative To Google Chrom by thewebcraft(m): 10:16am On Jun 11, 2015
Nonsense....
Re: 13 & 15 Years From Nigeria Built Mobile Web Browsing Alternative To Google Chrom by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 11, 2015
thewebcraft:
Nonsense....

Lol that's harsh now, non devs won't understand why it's not a big deal but sincerely am happy they tinkering at a young age. At that age am not such I was that exposed.

2 Likes

Re: 13 & 15 Years From Nigeria Built Mobile Web Browsing Alternative To Google Chrom by FincoApps(m): 5:53pm On Jun 12, 2015
Its actually possible for 1 person to write a web browser
larisoft:

Re: 13 & 15 Years From Nigeria Built Mobile Web Browsing Alternative To Google Chrom by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jun 12, 2015
FincoApps:
Its actually possible for 1 person to write a web browser

No it's not, all those are people embedding web browsing engines, one person can't you don't believe me take a look at Chromium it's the open source, to even build the app takes alot of ram and gig, it's highly complicated, such softwares like this are not meant to be built by one person. infact large apps are highly built by one person just our african mentality of not collaborating.
Re: 13 & 15 Years From Nigeria Built Mobile Web Browsing Alternative To Google Chrom by FincoApps(m): 7:54pm On Jun 13, 2015
haha its not as impossible as you think. I've seen enough large apps that was built by just 1 person. I mean browser kind of large.
pcguru1:

No it's not, all those are people embedding web browsing engines, one person can't you don't believe me take a look at Chromium it's the open source, to even build the app takes alot of ram and gig, it's highly complicated, such softwares like this are not meant to be built by one person. infact large apps are highly built by one person just our african mentality of not collaborating.
Re: 13 & 15 Years From Nigeria Built Mobile Web Browsing Alternative To Google Chrom by seunthomas: 1:03pm On Jun 14, 2015
FincoApps:
haha its not as impossible as you think. I've seen enough large apps that was built by just 1 person. I mean browser kind of large.
Its very possible for 1 person to write a browser. May take several months. I started such a project way back 2010. Had to stop because i was not sure how to monetize it. Do i make money from the SSL guys etc .

1 Like

Re: 13 & 15 Years From Nigeria Built Mobile Web Browsing Alternative To Google Chrom by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 14, 2015
seunthomas:

Its very possible for 1 person to write a browser. May take several months. I started such a project way back 2010. Had to stop because i was not sure how to monetize it. Do i make money from the SSL guys etc .

What language to write a browser guessing c wow good work
Re: 13 & 15 Years From Nigeria Built Mobile Web Browsing Alternative To Google Chrom by FincoApps(m): 7:43am On Jun 15, 2015
To me, designing a simple browser is not that complex, that's ignoring the ability to extend its features by adding addons. It's still parsing html, checking for external resources, designing default css rules etc. It would take time, but its very possible. I mean people design games themselves, in fact, I design 2d games myself and that's complex enough.

1 Like

Re: 13 & 15 Years From Nigeria Built Mobile Web Browsing Alternative To Google Chrom by larisoft: 10:42am On Jun 17, 2015
I dont know...its only in Nigeria that a person tells you 1 person can do a thing; and as a proof; points you to one person who started it and abandoned it!

Anyways; we are talking about a browser which is supposed to be better than chrome here! One Naija man can build it. With mouth of course!

Congrats to the kids (whom I maintain; deserve recognition in consideration of their age) and kudos to the OP who spiced things up a little with interesting manipulation of language. But 1 person build a browser that is faster than chrome? Its possible. But I would have to see it first.
Re: 13 & 15 Years From Nigeria Built Mobile Web Browsing Alternative To Google Chrom by FincoApps(m): 1:01pm On Jun 17, 2015
Lol, you are never going to agree. The reality remains: 1 person can build a browser. And it's not only in Nigeria it happens. I suggest you connect with other developers on the internet.

larisoft:
I dont know...its only in Nigeria that a person tells you 1 person can do a thing; and as a proof; points you to one person who started it and abandoned it!

Anyways; we are talking about a browser which is supposed to be better than chrome here! One Naija man can build it. With mouth of course!

Congrats to the kids (whom I maintain; deserve recognition in consideration of their age) and kudos to the OP who spiced things up a little with interesting manipulation of language. But 1 person build a browser that is faster than chrome? Its possible. But I would have to see it first.
Re: 13 & 15 Years From Nigeria Built Mobile Web Browsing Alternative To Google Chrom by timotew: 11:28pm On Jun 17, 2015
Any browser can run fast, I can even build a a browser that's faster than others, But all this browser have things that ordinary users don't understand but am sure all programmers must speak that language one way or another in all their projects.

It is called SECURITY : it what make Nairaland look this ugly(Security > Design) .
It is why Apple is more expensive than windows.
It is why Nigerians was restricted by paypal.

In short I really appreciate the kids, at their age I cant even write hello World in Objective C .
But comparing it with google chrome is like trying to generate PDF with JavaScript .

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My PC Can No Longer Detect My Mobile Hotspot But Can Detect Others / Please Help Me With This Assignment / Hivazinc Technology: We Hit Top 10 Tech Company In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.