Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,766 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

Is Chamillionaire A Nigerian? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is Chamillionaire A Nigerian? (23028 Views)

So Chamillionaire Is Nigerian, Nas Nko? / Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian Y'all ! / Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Chamillionaire A Nigerian? by efizi(m): 12:13am On Sep 18, 2006
i have chamillionaire's picture when he clocked 10 yrs old
Re: Is Chamillionaire A Nigerian? by wurdz: 1:39am On Sep 18, 2006
So is dat 2 say he's 4rm naija?
Re: Is Chamillionaire A Nigerian? by wurdz: 1:41am On Sep 18, 2006
So is dat 2 say he's 4rm naija?
Re: Is Chamillionaire A Nigerian? by Oracle(m): 1:49am On Sep 18, 2006
There's been a topic like this one and people said he really is Nigerian
well i can't really tell
Re: Is Chamillionaire A Nigerian? by sbucareer(f): 1:59am On Sep 18, 2006
Re: Is Chamillionaire A Nigerian? by ladykool(f): 11:11pm On Sep 22, 2006
u guys are joking right
Re: Is Chamillionaire A Nigerian? by Oracle(m): 11:59pm On Sep 22, 2006
I didn't see Nigerian on his Biography

[img]http://cdn.channel.aol.com/channels/0b/02/43837eeb-00179-06c9e-400cb8e1[/img]
Re: Is Chamillionaire A Nigerian? by kiki(f): 12:51am On Sep 23, 2006
nah he ain't from Nigeria his parent are
Re: Is Chamillionaire A Nigerian? by GNature(m): 12:55am On Sep 23, 2006
Wow shocked

So kiki, it is true that his parents are from Nigeria ? I thought it was a mere rumor
Re: Is Chamillionaire A Nigerian? by kiki(f): 1:50am On Sep 23, 2006
i tot it was a rumor 2 until my coz showed me on some website like that
Re: Is Chamillionaire A Nigerian? by iice(f): 7:05am On Sep 23, 2006
Good or not good for him. Riding dirty!! tongue
Re: Is Chamillionaire A Nigerian? by ladykool(f): 7:09pm On Sep 23, 2006
i just can believe that chamillionaire is from nigeria anywayz
naija guys are good looking than that he is not even buff but is music is good
Re: Is Chamillionaire A Nigerian? by GNature(m): 9:24pm On Sep 23, 2006
lady kool:

naija guys are good looking than that

That's cold grin
Re: Is Chamillionaire A Nigerian? by kiki(f): 9:25pm On Sep 23, 2006
naija guys are good looking? u kiddin rite
Re: Is Chamillionaire A Nigerian? by biomic(f): 9:27pm On Sep 23, 2006
@ kiki
there are good looking guys in nigeria
Re: Is Chamillionaire A Nigerian? by kiki(f): 9:37pm On Sep 23, 2006
ther are? are u serious wat part of Nigeria
Re: Is Chamillionaire A Nigerian? by ladykool(f): 9:40pm On Sep 23, 2006
@kiki
yes kiki they are the ones ave met trust me they are goodlooking!
Re: Is Chamillionaire A Nigerian? by ladykool(f): 9:42pm On Sep 23, 2006
@G Nature
it is not cold is just that he is not buff! i dont know wat people see in him that makes him buff!
Re: Is Chamillionaire A Nigerian? by kiki(f): 9:52pm On Sep 23, 2006
what part for real so when i come home i can go find them
Re: Is Chamillionaire A Nigerian? by ladykool(f): 10:02pm On Sep 23, 2006
well i they live in lagos but their original state are delta,enugu,oyo am not giving u all though! cool
Re: Is Chamillionaire A Nigerian? by GNature(m): 10:05pm On Sep 23, 2006
@ladykool

Good looking out for us Nigerian guys. BDW, you have nice name wink
Re: Is Chamillionaire A Nigerian? by kiki(f): 10:06pm On Sep 23, 2006
lady kool:

well i they live in lagos but their original state are delta,enugu,oyo am not giving u all though! cool

y don't be selfish now cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Chamillionaire A Nigerian? by ladykool(f): 10:11pm On Sep 23, 2006
no am not! if i tell u every thing qat does dat left for me they are one of ma secrets u know! thats enough for u cool
Re: Is Chamillionaire A Nigerian? by kiki(f): 10:13pm On Sep 23, 2006
lady kool:

no am not! if i tell u every thing qat does that left for me they are one of ma secrets u know! thats enough for u cool

lol cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Chamillionaire A Nigerian? by Orlaitan: 3:07pm On Sep 26, 2006
Sayn hes a naija boy might probably be tru.frm his birth name,Hakeem Seriki.
Re: Is Chamillionaire A Nigerian? by shyinng: 9:12pm On Jan 04, 2007
All U readers this will prove that he is Nigeria, though with An american up brigning.

Weblink: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chamillionaire

hamillionaire
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Chamillionaire
Background information
Birth name Hakeem Seriki
Also known as King Koopa, The Mixtape Messiah, The Truth from Texas, Color Changin' Lizard, Chamillinator
Born November 28, 1979 (age 27)
Origin Houston, Texas
Genre(s) Southern rap / Hip Hop
Occupation(s) Rapper
Years active 1998 - present
Label(s) Chamillitary / Universal Records
Associated
acts The Color Changin' Click
Website www.chamillionaire.com

Hakeem Seriki (born November 28, 1979, in Houston, Texas) is an American, two time Grammy Award nominated rapper from the Acres Homes section of Houston, Texas. He is best known by his stage name, Chamillionaire (pronounced Ka-MIL-yin-air), but also uses nicknames such as The Mixtape Messiah, King Koopa, Color Changin' Lizard, Chamillinator, Chamillitary Mayne, and The Truth From Texas. He has publicly stated that his aim is to prove that the South can produce quality lyricists. He is also a hook writer and usually sings and harmonizes with himself (using double-tracked vocals) on his own hooks. Chamillionaire is an original member of The Color Changin' Click, which houses rappers such as his brother Rasaq, 50/50 Twin, Lew Hawk, Yung Ro, and Paul Wall.

Biography

After his parents, a Muslim father from Oyo State, Nigeria and a Christian mother from the United States, separated in his early teenage years, Chamillionaire settled into a notoriously dangerous inner-city neighborhood in North Houston called Acres Homes, which he elaborated upon during an interview with Houston's 104.9 KPTY on October 3. Rap and other forms of secular music, which his parents had highly opposed in their household, became very appealing to the young Hakeem Seriki. Inspired by local rap acts such as The Geto Boys, 8 Ball & MJG, and UGK, as well as other national acts such as N.W.A. and Public Enemy, Chamillionaire began to compose his own ponies.

At a young age, Chamillionaire along with fellow rap music artist and childhood friend Paul Wall, had decided to make music their careers. One day while promoting themselves at a Texas event, Paul Wall and Chamillionaire ran into Michael 5000 Watts, a popular mixtape DJ from the Northside. After proposing to do promotions for Watts' company, the Swishahouse, Chamillionaire and Paul Wall came to Watts' studio and convinced Watts to allow them freestyle on an intro to Watts' radio show on Houston’s 97.9 The Box. Watts, who himself was convinced to rap on the record, enjoyed the freestyle so much that he put the verses on one of his mixtapes. The freestyle became so popular in the streets that Chamillionaire and Paul Wall became regular staples on Houston's mixtape circuit, appeared on several of Watts' mixtapes, and became permanent members of Swishahouse.

Although Paul Wall and Chamillionaire were making much noise in the streets by rapping on Watts' mixtapes, they, along with several other members of the Swishahouse, became frustrated with the lack of money they were receiving from the mixtapes. After fellow member Slim Thug left the label, Chamillionaire and Paul Wall followed and started their own mixtape group known as The Color Changin' Click. Each successive mixtape released by The Color Changin' Click led to more business opportunities; the most notable of which being a contract to do a full album for Paid in Full Records. A one album contract was then negotiated between the Color Changin' Click and Paid in Full's label head, DJ Madd Hatta from 97.9 The Box, and the CCC's first album, Get Ya Mind Correct, would go on to sell over 100,000 copies.

The sale of all these albums without the backing of a major deal caught the attention of several major labels wanting to sign Chamillionaire and Paul. Chamillionaire and his labelmates decided to remain independent, however, until the right deal came along. While working on his second album with the Color Changin' Click, Chamillionaire began to have creative differences with Paul Wall, so much so that it was decided that the two emcees should each release solo albums that would be packaged together. When Chamillionaire became dissatisfied with how things were being resolved, he left Paid in Full and his almost complete album after fulfilling his contractual obligations to focus on promoting his mixtape label Chamillitary instead. As a kid, Chamillionaire was a big fan of MANKind, also known as Big June.
Re: Is Chamillionaire A Nigerian? by choongtin(f): 9:22pm On Jan 04, 2007
man u lot live cha alone man if he is a nigerian allow it it is not cuz his name is hakeem dat makes him a nigerian omdzz he is nt a nigerian get over it!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Is Chamillionaire A Nigerian? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 9:24pm On Jan 04, 2007
Well I consider my brothers Nigerian, Though they were born abroad.
I consider Chamillionaire Nigerian, both his parents are Nigerian, though he was born in Texas.
Infact the Nigerian Government will grant both my brothers and Chamillionaire Nigerian passports.
Now does Chamillionaire want a Nigerian passport. I don't Think so, So Screw him.
Re: Is Chamillionaire A Nigerian? by shyinng: 9:33pm On Jan 04, 2007
Another proof he is Nigerian,

http://blackurbantimes.blog-city.com/us_nigerian_rap_artist_chamillionaire_speaks_about_the_garam.htm

Click on the link to read the details.
Re: Is Chamillionaire A Nigerian? by shyinng: 9:36pm On Jan 04, 2007
Hey fellas,

I dont care even if he is from the moon all i care about is that he is doing a good job and brings out the lyrics in him clear cut.

NBo strings attached just proving he is Nigerian and even you cannot deny the fact. Nigga 4 Ever. One love.
Re: Is Chamillionaire A Nigerian? by sophiat(f): 11:01pm On Jan 13, 2007
wether nigerian or not,.i love his music

dy see me rollin
dy hatin
patrolling dy tryin catch me riding dirty
Re: Is Chamillionaire A Nigerian? by haywhy(m): 11:03pm On Jan 13, 2007
I feel u kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A-Z : Complete Falz & Simi - Chemistry Album Lyrics / D’banj – El Chapo Ft. Gucci Mane & Wande Coal (official Video) / Wizkid Signs First Artiste To Starboy Label

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.