Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide (40219 Views)

Laye Ajube, The Mother Of The 10 Children Whose Photo Went Viral / 117-Year-Old Grandma Whose Photos Went Viral Dies / Fire Burn Survivor Whose Baby Bump pics went viral gives Birth. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by Feranmicharles(m): 11:12am On Jun 11, 2015
There are some rumours that went viral during childhood,grin

Let's start straight awaygrin

1: if you swallow a seed,the tree will grow inside you,or from your tummygrin

2: that this eraser,the blue can erase inkgrin

3: if you eat joined fruits,you'll give birth to joined babiesgrin

4: after urinating you must spit on the urinegrin (this one,I still dey do am)

31 Likes 10 Shares

Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by Feranmicharles(m): 11:13am On Jun 11, 2015
5: when its raining,God is urinatinggrin

6: if you don't take your bath on new years eve,you won't take any bath through out the year grin

7: undertaker(the wrestler) has seven(7) lives grin

8: all indians/chinesse are brothers and sistersgrin

9: if you kiss a boy,you'll be pregnantgrin

Add yours...

25 Likes 9 Shares

Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jun 11, 2015
(1). D 1st rain of a year is a blessing, if u bath with it, u will b blessed (2). if u sleep facing d door in d night, u will wake up in a casket (3). IF u shout someone's name at night, evil spirit will take d name to evil world (4). IF u make a noise in a cementary, ghost will give u a knock on ur head.(iv nt tried this one)

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by Danfuster(m): 3:06pm On Jun 11, 2015
[b][/b]10. If you flip your eyelid (oju epa) and house fly lands on it, you'll become blind

11. If you have an open wound, covering it with dirt will make it heal faster

12. It is an abomination for a kid to eat gizzard ( one of the sweetest part of a chicken or bird) : dad and mom scheme since 1606 B.C

13. If you pea on the same spot as I did, I must curse your parent and you do the same in turn. Example: IYA É, BABA É (still can't figure this till today)

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jun 11, 2015
Knotting two of your fingers would pull down any flying object.

38 Likes

Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by efilefun(m): 9:33pm On Jun 11, 2015
They can lie in that area you grew up oooo... The only ones i know is 1,7,8 and 9

1. is just to prevent u from having appendicitis
7. When we were kids we believed wrestling was real, even home movies
8. Thats because they all look alike, there was even a story that once a child is born they throw stones on the roof and name the child after the sound thats been produced grin grin grin
9. Lots of daddy and mummy play back then and you never know what could happen so that was the best way to instill fears in girls then, but now you would be surprised when a child less than 10years is educating you about B ola J i.... lmao

It was fun thou

9 Likes

Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jun 11, 2015
Number 3 tho

1 Like 1 Share

Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by KoredeBellosMum(f): 9:33pm On Jun 11, 2015
lol

no. 1

1 Like

Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by admax(m): 9:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
If you eat while standing, the food will go down to your legs.

When it's raining and there is sunshine then.....A baby lion has been born. angry

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by Lasgidy1(m): 9:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
1. Its wrong to cook, pound or sweep at night
2. Don't whistle at night, it attracts snakes
3. It wrong for women to climb trees
4. Its wrong to pluck fruits, esp cherry. Allow dem fall down
5. When u cross over someone, you'll have to make a reverse otherwise the person will have stunted growth.
6. You don't hit someone with a broom

103 Likes 2 Shares

Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by xmileeasy: 9:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
You just took me back to those days when men were boys

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by Sijo01(f): 9:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
Lol..................... If you drink coconut water, you will fail in school embarassed

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by emmyagi(m): 9:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
here please
Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by Melasam(f): 9:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
If u spit into d toilet or dirty gutter u get infected by sore throat.

19 Likes

Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by pascal2young(m): 9:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
if u DRINK GARRI at nyt u wuld experience bad dreams

4 Likes

Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by godofwar666(m): 9:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
J
Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by RichDad1(m): 9:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
When its rainy, don't stand at the entrance
Eating mango and garri means death....

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by johnwizey: 9:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
India beat Nigeria 99-1

177 Likes 7 Shares

Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by tobtap: 9:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
hilarious indeed.... grin

1 Like

Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by RichDad1(m): 9:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
Whistling at night is forbidden, otherwise, you're inviting snakes

4 Likes

Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by tosingcfr(m): 9:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
Lol
Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by hucienda: 9:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
I was so scared of the first then.

1 Like

Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by fatdon2(m): 9:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
grin

19 Likes

Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
D rumour I heard wen I was younger is one day Nigeria will be great and we will have stable power supply.

Now I'm 85 years old cry

But I'm still waiting for the rumour to become a reality.

Modified*

Throwing our teeth on top of d ceiling so that lizard would swallow it and a new one would grow.

That if we point at this lekeleke birds cheesy a white stuff will appear in our finger nails shocked

Childhood was kinda fun sha...girls didnt form.. We just mingled freely.

36 Likes

Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by sleekp1: 9:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
4: after urinating you must spit on the urine (this one,I still dey do am)

I dey spit too.

4 Likes

Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by Demmzy15(m): 9:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
Some people still say "Lagos is no man's land" shocked
I no call anybody before dem ban me again! grin grin

*modified
If your food falls on the ground, don't pick because Satan has touched it

Peculiar among yorubas
Don't walk from behind because it's Ghosts that do that

If you eat chicken 'Nyash', you'll become an amebo. grin grin(till date, I still dey commot d Nyash)

25 Likes

Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by ITbomb(m): 9:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
Lol
Sijo01:
Lol
Et tu Sijo
Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by umarc19: 9:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
Hmm...love the goog old days

grin
Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by RichDad1(m): 9:36pm On Jun 11, 2015
There was time time on Nairaland when Seun's official threat slogan is, "....otherwise ban." cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by publicenemy(m): 9:36pm On Jun 11, 2015
Lol
Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by codedflowz(m): 9:36pm On Jun 11, 2015
If you drop your food on the floor
Don't eat it again
Why?

Because the Devil has eaten it. grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice / My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me / Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.