Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,155 members, 7,807,519 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide (40223 Views)

Laye Ajube, The Mother Of The 10 Children Whose Photo Went Viral / 117-Year-Old Grandma Whose Photos Went Viral Dies / Fire Burn Survivor Whose Baby Bump pics went viral gives Birth. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by beautifulflower: 10:23pm On Jun 11, 2015
If you sweep the house at night you will sweep out the blessings.
Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jun 11, 2015
Started from the bottom kind of memories

1 Like

Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by AAinEqGuinea: 10:25pm On Jun 11, 2015
Another one:

If you sweep over someone's foot they must spit on the broom.. or bad luck comes to them
Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by engrjacuzzi: 10:26pm On Jun 11, 2015
if you draw circle and leave it for fly to enter, a parent will die

if you offend your parents and you want them to forget, simply remove one hair from d eyelid n put at the middle of your head.

if the upper tooth removes, you should throw it up the root and if the lower removes, you buried it so that lizard won't eat it.

don't wash plates at night, if you do, you won't get married on time.

1 Like

Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by lonelydora: 10:27pm On Jun 11, 2015
Melasam:
If u spit into d toilet or dirty gutter u get infected by sore throat.

I somehow still believes this one till date.
Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by beautyamaka25(f): 10:27pm On Jun 11, 2015
That if a woman give birth that tomatoes used to cover body of baby LMAO that is if flip ur hands at this particular white bird it will drop white designs on fingers.
Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by beautyamaka25(f): 10:30pm On Jun 11, 2015
That if a woman give birth that tomatoes used to cover body of baby LMAO that is if flip ur hands at this particular white bird it will drop white designs on fingers. If u drink soft drink after eating mango u will dead I still believe that one even now if someone cross u while u sitting or laying down u will be short
Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by Melasam(f): 10:32pm On Jun 11, 2015
lonelydora:

I somehow still believes this one till date.
cheesy grin ......cmon!
Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by AAinEqGuinea: 10:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
ajebuter:
If your teeth fall off you must wrap it with seven stone (boys) or nine stones (girls) before throwing it away

Lizard should not see your missing tooth or it will not grow again

If u wisper, your mouth will bend to the side

If u eat while standing up u will not belleful

If u wet the bed, the remedy is for your mom to make u pee on ash or hot coal

U must not wash cloth at nite bcs its for widows

And bla bla bla

Very funny
or the food will fall straight to your feet undecided @bold
Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by nelandrewz(m): 10:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
I really believed these tales then, told by BROS in our area

Mintek:

Yea, I remember that one...with the ball transforming to either a huge stone or the head of an angry lion to scare away our goalkeeper each time the Indians took a shot at our goal.

- That Pele took a shot that tore and passed through the belly of a goalkeeper.

- That Rasheed Yekini's right foot shot was so ferocious that goalkeepers paid him never to shoot with that foot.

- That India was banned for life by FIFA for using juju to beat Nigeria 100-1 in a football match.
grin
Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by blackiridis(m): 10:41pm On Jun 11, 2015
Demmzy15:
Some people still say "Lagos is no man's land" shocked
I no call anybody before dem ban me again! grin grin

*modified
If your food falls on the ground, don't pick because Satan has touched it

Peculiar among yorubas
Don't walk from behind because it's Ghosts that do that

If you eat chicken 'Nyash', you'll become an amebo. grin grin(till date, I still dey commot d Nyash)
u dey miss better meat grin
Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by DeeOneBangin: 10:43pm On Jun 11, 2015
engrjacuzzi:

if you offend your parents and you want them to forget, simply remove one hair from d eyelid n put at the middle of your head.

if the upper tooth removes, you should throw it up the root and if the lower removes, you buried it so that lizard won't eat it.

I remembered doing this one in pry 5 for my class teacher back den, I forgot to do my assignment and he promised to flog me. I pulled out a hair from my eyelid and kept it on the floor close to his desk so he could step on it while walking. Luckily for me he forgot grin
Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by ademega(m): 10:43pm On Jun 11, 2015
If one of your teeth should remove , you throw it on top of the roofing pan with seven stones so that it will be able to grow again
Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by Shevmaen(m): 10:44pm On Jun 11, 2015
Don't play with your shadows on the wall because you will sleep-talk.
Don't sit in the middle when you're three in number, it's the dead that sits in the middle.
Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by ChappyChase: 10:50pm On Jun 11, 2015
Feranmicharles:
There are some rumours that went viral during childhood,grin

Let's start straight awaygrin

1: if you swallow a seed,the tree will grow inside you,or from your tummygrin

2: that this eraser,the blue can erase inkgrin

3: if you eat joined fruits,you'll give birth to joined babiesgrin

4: after urinating you must spit on the urinegrin (this one,I still dey do am)

Hahaha, I still dey do number 4!!!!
Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by sexydebo(m): 10:55pm On Jun 11, 2015
that Indian beat Nigerian football team 99-0 and the ball changes to big rock and also lion
Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by CharliParker: 10:57pm On Jun 11, 2015
This one who remember this the world will spoil by the year 2000
Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by olanikeh: 10:58pm On Jun 11, 2015
Peculiar among yorubas
Don't walk from behind because it's Ghosts that do that

If you eat chicken 'Nyash', you'll become an amebo. grin grin(till date, I still dey commot d Nyash)[/quote]

Still bliv these
Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by blazer90707: 10:59pm On Jun 11, 2015
Pidgin:if person bite u,and u con carry fowl shit rub for where e bite you,the person teeth go rotty
English:if someone bites you and you rub the waste of a domestic fowl on the spot that was bitten.the person's teeth would become rotten
Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jun 11, 2015
sleekp1:

I dey spit too.

OK really, What is the spit for
Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by arsetalks(m): 11:02pm On Jun 11, 2015
Feranmicharles:

Guy, guy, guy. Why are you embarrassing me na? I got used to to this one till today.
Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by OBTMOS(m): 11:02pm On Jun 11, 2015
Mattkent:

Bat

As in:

1. Any of the small, nocturnal, flying mammals of the order Chiroptera, which navigate by means of echolocation.

2.(offensive) An old woman.

3. A LovePeddler who prowls in the dusk/evening like a bat.

Hope that answers your question? E b like say u no like d man atol sad
ehen nau, how one man one take b nigeria godfather
Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jun 11, 2015
engrjacuzzi:

Aswear, this one works... or worked wink grin grin grin grin
Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by mitchelle1989(f): 11:06pm On Jun 11, 2015
If you bend down in the market and look in between your legs you will see ghost .

1 Like

Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by mitchelle1989(f): 11:12pm On Jun 11, 2015
Feranmicharles:

pls which urine are you talking about? Is it the one you urinated inside WC, pit toilet, bush, on somebodys farm or just by the road side? I haven't heard of this b4. embarassed where was I. shocked

1 Like

Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by Grahamjnr(m): 11:20pm On Jun 11, 2015
OBTMOS:
pls oooo If ibrahim Badamosi babagida is IBB, and Goodluk
Ebele Janathan Is GEJ, then Olushegu Obasanjo
is OBJ, And General Muhammud Buhari is GMB
PLS WHAT is BOLA Ahmed Tinubu ?
It's BAT
Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by shilz(f): 11:23pm On Jun 11, 2015
If a redneck lizard steps on lady or comes close to her it means she z pregnant n ll birth a boy n dgreen lizard,d lady ll ve a gurl child.
2)Dogs bark @ night wen they see spirit
3)If a bird poos on u,u ll b favoured.
4)If u want ur parents to forget ur wrong just take out few eyelashes...
As 4 lekeleke I do it most times+coconut water choii I love it.loll
Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by adedayourt(m): 11:23pm On Jun 11, 2015
IF YOU HIT A GUY WITH BROOM HIS JOYSTICK SHRINK INTO SMALLER SIZE

DONT DROP UR HANDS ON YOUR HEAD IN REST POSITION, U ATTRACTIN CALAMITY

DONT DROP YOU LEGS ON THE WALL WEN U FALL ASLEEP, U MITE BE GOIN FOR WITCH MEETING

DONT TALK WHILE PULLIN OUT A BIRDS FETHER B4 COOKIN, THE MORE U TALK D MORE D FETHERS GROW BCK
Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by Demmzy15(m): 11:30pm On Jun 11, 2015
blackiridis:

u dey miss better meat grin
E sweet?! embarassed
Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by sunsewa: 11:32pm On Jun 11, 2015
that the spirits will be angry if u sweep compound in the night.(2) if u look at mirror at night, u will see ghost. (3) if u went in search of udara( agbalemo) early morning before 5am,u will either meet dead people at the tree in search of the fruit or on their way going back to their base after picking the best felled fruits.
Re: checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide by dammmy(m): 11:32pm On Jun 11, 2015
India beat Nigeria 99-nil and fifa orders if Nigeria manage to score a goal we win d match... that ball even turns to rock, and dat was Oparaji's last match blah blah blah....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Demon Wife Has Finally Left My House / Would You Forgive Your Husband Who Got Your Maid Pregnant? / My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.