Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,549 members, 7,801,537 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution (47607 Views)

"Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today / Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation / Man Dies Having Sex With 4 Ladies In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by Pidggin(f): 12:20am On Sep 29, 2015
porka:

[size=13pt]He actually said jobs outside engineering.

Plus, you'll notice he narrowed it down to graduate employments within the 'marriage ages' of 25 - 35 years.

[/size]

Read my post, did I mention only engineering jobs as professions where men dominate? You can't even compare the opportunities men have to women. As for the demography which you have stated again the same assumptions will be applicable since we do not have actual stats to back up figures, but from qualitative data available via social media, we still see the same pattern, men are dominant in specific fields while women are more in other fields, which by the way are not as high paying as fields where men dominate. For example, can you compare the salary of a lecturer to a primary school teacher? Or the salary of a customer care officer in a pharmacy to that of the Pharmacist who is most likely male?

The problem is the OP's thinking is skewed, he is lazy and lacks creativity, instead of looking for successful mentors to show him the way, he is blaming "Single women" for his woes, quit petty and highly unmanly of him I must say.

1 Like

Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by maduxs: 12:20am On Sep 29, 2015
Watin concerns buhari in this beautiful write up. BuhRi who is among the problem please learn to conclude well

1 Like

Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by flokii: 12:22am On Sep 29, 2015
na deir love for material things na...
like me now wey wan marry oyinbo...
na ghanians go dey marry naija girls last grin
Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by drmikeadams(m): 12:22am On Sep 29, 2015
dewapella:
Well done Op!
Solution no. 6 is really timely for guys (and even married men).....there's no better time to be wise than now....

6. As a single guy, learn to be financially wise!

Quit those useless habits that drains your income! Quit smoking! Quit drinking! Quit gambling! Quit womanizing; its a costly hobby! Quit clubbing around town! Quit squandering money on any girl who isn't your wife! Learn to invest, learn to nurture a business aside your job and learn to spend lesser than you earn! Don't use your last savings to buy a car just to feel among or just to attract irrelevant ladies! Car is more of a necessity until you become rich! For now, buying car should be to aid your financial growth and not for fun or pleasure!
?.. grin grin..we are trying so hard bro...but one must kill a man. Walai.

1 Like

Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by SAGGAT: 12:24am On Sep 29, 2015
Thumbs Up......nice 1
Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by Nobody: 12:27am On Sep 29, 2015
leave single ladies alone.

1 Like

Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by john650(m): 12:29am On Sep 29, 2015
Women have taken men's jobs at the cost of timely marriage.
How come when you go to a banking hall, all you see are women? Where are the men that work in the bank? Are they hiding upstairs where the cushiest jobs are or perhaps there are no men in banks anymore?

I went upstairs the other time and all I still saw were women. Seriously, where are the men in the banks? Is this a case that men can't be trusted to handle other people's money and so all the jobs go to the women.

Na wa for naija. I thought life was difficult for black men in America until I came to Nigeria to find that men are an endangered specie, so to speak.

11 Likes

Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by porka: 12:30am On Sep 29, 2015
freecocoa:
Just see the nonsense he is spewing, I find out that men like him are very insecure, lazy and broke, just see how a person thinks in this century.

They want a woman that's hardworking but sees them as a god and literally worships them, that way they can cage the woman to do whatever they want, very selfish, inconsiderate and ugly people, the thing dey annoy me sef.

What rubbish, some women struggle hard to get a job and this mofo is here saying they had to sleep their way in.

I don't even know what to say about the women, singing his praises.

[size=13pt]The guy is probably a pastor or working as a counselor who encounters this huge social trend in the course of duty.

He may not be entirely right in some of his assumptions, but the intention seems genuine. He proffered some good solutions for instance.

Maybe you should look at the bigger picture and share your own perspective on the topic. Any solution will assist some people who don't know what to do about their situations. The impact of this problem will not begin to be felt until several years down the line.

Not a few so-called successful single ladies of yesteryears are dealing with serious mental health issues today as a result of the problem under review.[/size]

1 Like

Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by Pidggin(f): 12:31am On Sep 29, 2015
drmikeadams:
?.. grin grin..we are trying so hard bro...but one must kill a man. Walai.

You are just a lazy bloke who lacks proper direction, I highly recommend you seek successful mentors to guide you out of the shackles of poverty which is obviously hovering around you, cheers.
Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by Creamz(m): 12:35am On Sep 29, 2015
Entrepreneurship is the way to go for the men...no wonder Igbo men have so much money. They saw it years ago

1 Like

Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by Nobody: 12:40am On Sep 29, 2015
Pidggin:
[b]@OP, wow! kudos on your biased opinion. However i observed you mentioned most multinational companies employing women, you didn't take the time to actually verify your opinion, you only used one scenerio and one state #Lagos, how reasonable are your conclusions since you used unverified stats. That said, i don't see more women working in oil and gas or other technical fields, i don't see as many females as males in IT departments, as airline pilots, in shipping, in military, in paramilitary, in politics, in farming and other notable professions.

The issue is, you need to broaden your scope. I want to assume females are more in fields that suit our capacities e.g Marketing, Customer service, Teaching, why not focus on other areas if you are having difficulties getting employed in these fields. As a lady, i know i will not be given preference over a man if i choose a career as a Merchant Sailor, we still haven't reached that level of equality yet and i am not bothered by it, if i really want to be a Merchant sailor, i'll have to take my chances knowing what is on ground. Please redirect your frustrations somewhere else as i really don't think single ladies are responsible for your issues.[/b]
Good morning.
I respect your opinion

Though the OP, made little sense but I will crave his indulgence in SUBSEQUENT REASONS other Nairalanders will put up.

But the most DISHEARTENING POINT is NIGERIA'S long exposure to BAD LEADERSHIP.

we have had leaders both FEDERAL and STATE levels who don't have any Idea or what it takes to transform quality economic policies into reasonable outcomes.

BAD LEADERSHIP.
IF only we had had sound LONG TERM PLANNING SKILLS in NIGERIA, we wouldn't have been caught unawares by this national mayhem called UNEMPLOYMENT.. Rather than blaming it on WOMEN employment and empowerment.

I prefer marrying an employable EMPOWERED lady than a slot who sits at home watching kenneth okonkwo movies. How do you expect such a lady to be CEREBRAL......?

The worst is we are still exposed to BAD LEADERSHIP.

NIGERIA as a nation since 1960 could have been well powered by LONDON'S HEATHROW AIRPORT which operates with 5000megawatts.

In 1960s,......... people were begged to go SCHOOLS and were trained by communities. Then we had MORE WHITE COLLAR OPPORTUNITIES waiting for them.

In 1975....The number of UNDERGRADUATES and GRADUATES started increasing with our USELESS LEADERS doing little to nothing to increasing the SPACES that will absorb them. Through investments and Agriculture as well as improving POWER to facilitate SME businesses.

In 1985... Our leaders still remained USELESS were just interested in COUPS and Creating JOBS through STATE CREATIONS, forgetting that NIGERIANS have embraced education and white collar Jobs.

In 1995. .. . Our EEDIOTS still persisted with clueless leaders who lacked the sense for long term planning and improving the POWER SECTOR.
we have had more eternally clueless LEADERS than GEJ.

In 2005.....POPULATON BURSTS with 2000megawatts
Graduates of white collar extractions with LIMITED JOB SPACES.

In 2015. ..... AGGRESIVE /FRUSTRATED YOUTHS becoming ubiquitous.

In 2020......SUICIDE becoming inevitable

MAY GOD PUNISH ALL OUR BAD LEADERS as well as the intending ones.

May their CHILDREN suffer for the sins of their fathers.

OP don't BLAME it on WOMEN... .. PLEASE

AMEN

12 Likes

Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by karkinase(m): 12:48am On Sep 29, 2015
Superb.... Not far from the truth....
Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by pelusky(m): 12:53am On Sep 29, 2015
Pls, who read it all through and can summarize? This article long o, nice tho
Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by porka: 12:56am On Sep 29, 2015
Pidggin:

Read my post, did I mention only engineering jobs as professions where men dominate? You can't even compare the opportunities men have to women. As for the demography which you have stated again the same assumptions will be applicable since we do not have actual stats to back up figures, but from qualitative data available via social media, we still see the same pattern, men are dominant in specific fields while women are more in other fields, which by the way are not as high paying as fields where men dominate. For example, can you compare the salary of a lecturer to a primary school teacher? Or the salary of a customer care officer in a pharmacy to that of the Pharmacist who is most likely male?

The problem is the OP's thinking is skewed, he is lazy and lacks creativity, instead of looking for successful mentors to show him the way, he is blaming "Single women" for his woes, quit petty and highly unmanly of him I must say.

[size=13pt]No you didn't. Some of the ones you mentioned are engineering/mathematics oriented though.

As I mentioned above, the problem exists. It's real. A young male lecturer (in your example) may not even marry his young female colleague, preferring to go for a 300L or 400L student leaving the colleague in a fix. Same applies to a young male pharmacist.

Even though the angle you are looking at it is touchy, you will best serve those who are eagerly looking for advice by ignoring his 'laziness'. [/size]

2 Likes

Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by Nobody: 12:57am On Sep 29, 2015
Op. Wow, true story. Tears in my eyes after reading this piece. However, its so unfortunate that these older Managers,Ceos, rubbish politicians,religious liars, puss.y worshippers,big fools, fake homies, manipulated gentlemen, lying and confused (i'll never hit a woman) real men etc, will continue to support women empowerment all because of interest. At this moment its only natural that many women will never trade their comfort(empowerment) for any man. The word Empower means "to give power to or authority to"... Men are empowering(giving power/authority to) women. The reason is simply .vagina... The damage is done already. Abeg, technology wey dey dry tears instantly from pillow dey market?

1 Like

Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by drmikeadams(m): 12:59am On Sep 29, 2015
Pidggin:

You are just a lazy bloke who lacks proper direction, I highly recommend you seek successful mentors to guide you out of the shackles of poverty which is obviously hovering around you, cheers.
".....see dis goat..thunder gbagbu kwa gi there anumanu...u need proper direction......it's u that poverty will hover around......u dey blow grammar for me...ewu Zambia.

2 Likes

Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by corjiakor(m): 1:01am On Sep 29, 2015
Nice write-up.
Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by Pidggin(f): 1:05am On Sep 29, 2015
porka:

[size=13pt]No you didn't. The ones you mentioned are engineering/mathematics oriented though.

As I mentioned above, the problem exists. It's real. A young male lecturer (in your example) may not even marry his young female colleague, preferring to go for a 300L or 400L student leaving the colleague in a fix. Same applies to a young male pharmacist.

Even though the angle you are looking at it is touchy, you will best serve those who are eagerly looking for advice by ignoring his 'laziness'. [/size]

Read my post again, I mentioned military, paramilitary, agriculture, shipping and then likes are these predominantly mathematical or engineering related professions?
Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by omoikea(m): 1:06am On Sep 29, 2015
did someone actually finish reading this?
Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by macminista(m): 1:11am On Sep 29, 2015
[quote author=humilitypays post=34656347]It is a simple fact that the number of guys refusing to marry is directly proportional to the number of ladies that are single and searching, reason being that it is these single guys that have refused to marry that ought to marry the single ladies that are searching and praying for husband.

Now, the question is: why do we have an abnormal increase in the number of single unmarried ladies that are searching for marriage partner today in Nigeria?

Sit back and read the preceding paragraphs and you will find out why and how women (married and single) can help curb this cankerworm eating deep into our modern Nigeria.

Before we forge ahead, you will agree with me that 10 to 20 years ago, men dominated the Nigerian workforce, with fewer number of women occupying top positions, but today, the table has turned as more women now secure better paying jobs than their male counterparts.

My personal study into this recent development showed that most Nigerian organisation boss who are mostly men above 45years, prefer to hirer pretty single ladies for non-engineering positions, which put guys in the non-engineering sectors at high risk of not securing good jobs when competing with ladies for same job position.

I also discovered that most multinational firms have a policy that encourages female gender empowerment, which make their HR team give preferential treatment to ladies seeking for same position with a male job applicant during recruitment exercise.

You can hardly discover this secret organisation policy until you are among the top management.

If you doubt this, try and go to Victoria Island in Lagos during close of work; 5 - 6pm (Monday - Friday), and you will notice higher number of young pretty females leaving their office premises in good cars, with few young guys leaving their workplaces in a car.

If you are observant enough, you will also discover that most of the male workers driving home from work are usually within the age range of: 38 - 60yrs, whereas more ladies within the age range of; 25 - 35yrs drive home from work, showing that more young ladies now have better jobs than guys.

This is also applicable to Abuja: same study was carried out within Central Business District of Abuja, CBD.

To many Nigerians, especially the ladies, it is a good trend; at least to them, it shows that ladies are becoming independent from guys, and to the old working class male directors and managers, it means nothing because they are at the receiving end (sleeping with these young pretty ladies for jobs, promotion, contracts, etc), but not until their own daughter(s) graduate from Harvard University or London School of Economics and returns back home to take up an executive position in her dad's big firm, but only to go to bed every night weeping and soaking her pillows with tears simply because there is no responsible young man in her life ready to walk her to the altar and they live happily ever after like she reads from foreign novels and watch on Telemundo series.

No wonder many rich parents are now arranging marriage for their daughters; yet this doesn't solve the imminent problem of abnormal increase in single young people in Nigeria of today.

Now, what am I blabbing about? The major reason we have increasing rate of single ladies in Nigeria today is not because witches in the villages have increased in number and now pursuing single ladies and stopping them from finding suitable husbands just as many modern pastors make these single ladies to believe in order to extort money from them & to grow their congregation, it is not even because single ladies of today lack good character or manner, neither is it because single ladies now dress indecently....nope, the major reason is harsh economy that is no longer favouring young single guys!

How do we expect a guy who graduated from higher institution and served his fatherland after 3 years and still unable to rent a decent apartment for himself, unable to cater for his own daily needs to think about getting married in this time and age?

How do we expect a young guy who after 4 to 5 years of passing out from NYSC is yet to secure a job that pays him up to a hundred thousand naira, and give him the opportunity of saving at least fifty thousand naira every month to wish to marry and give birth to children?

The earlier we Nigerians realise the dangers of having more young guys without good job, the better for us as a nation that wish to grow and have a happy, crime-free society.

I know some people will say: marriage is not everyone, while others will argue that must everybody marry? And the answer is yes, anybody who desires to marry ought to marry, but is that the case today? No!

Many young men want to marry, but the truth is that their pocket isn't encouraging to take that bold step that marriage requires.

Some will also argue that must you wait till you have millions before you marry? And some will argue that marriage is not about money, but tell me: how do you sustain the kids that will follow after the wedding? How do you plan to pay for house rent, children increasing school fees, etc?

Do you want to plan the future of your kids on one rich relation or friend? That's unfair to the unborn innocent children you want to bring to life, please don't do it!

I know that not every guy or lady will be rich, but being comfortable to provide most of your needs should be compulsory at least!

I still remember the story of Adam and Eve which I read from “The Book of My Bible Stories” while I was a kid, it told us how God created man, Adam and gave him everything he needed and Adam will go to his garden in the morning to return at night lonely, such that God pitied him and said: it is not good for him to be alone, I will make him a help mate, and so God made Adam to fall deep asleep and then God came and removed one of Adam's ribs and made Eve for him.

Adam woke up and saw Eve and was excited and said: this is the bone of my bone, flesh of my flesh (dunno if I quoted those words correctly).

What am I trying to say? God gave Adam his basic needs before sending him a woman!

A man deserves to have his basic needs met before thinking of getting married.

But it is so shameful that old married men in Nigeria occupying top positions in various organisations and firms gave and still giving jobs to single unmarried ladies who most times contribute nothing to the organisation's growth, thereby causing more unemployment and underemployment of young single Nigerian guys, with a resultant effect of late marriage amongst these young single guys.

Shameful enough, many organisations today hire ladies by their physical attraction; once a member of the HR team admires the female applicant, whether she merits the job or not, he must ensure that she gets hired to the disadvantage of her male counterparts who most times have better skills to offer to the organisation.

THE SOLUTION

First, we must tell ourselves the truth: in Nigerian culture and norm, men are believed and expected to be the breadwinner of the family; the woman is only expected to assist and contribute if she has and can.

Bearing this in mind, majority if not all Nigerian single ladies searching for a life partner want and desire to marry a guy earning higher income than them.

All things being equal, no Nigerian single lady prays to marry a guy she's earning more than; very uncommon in Nigeria.

But then, we have few single guys in Nigeria who earn that kind of income most Nigerian single ladies desire from their preferred partner. And as it stands presently in Nigeria, more single ladies between the age range of 25yrs - 35yrs have better paying jobs than single guys of the same age range, which means many single ladies in Nigeria will never find husband to marry except they lower their taste and marry a guy earning below them or they become second wife to older men.

All these anomalies were caused by older Nigerian men who set the wrong legacy for this nation in terms of bad leadership, sex-for-job in favour of single ladies, and more...and for this status quo to change, every Nigerian citizen must play a role to bring the much desired change we dream of in Nigeria, how?

1. As a young single lady working in a company, say no to the maltreatment of young single guys in your organisation because the more these guys are penalised and made not to grow, the more chances of you, your single sister, niece, friend or even aunt not finding a deserving husband to marry.

2. All HR personnel must ensure equity and fairness when hiring applicants for any job position. Stop the female gender empowerment; enough is enough, its not helping Nigeria, neither is it helping the world in general.

Women are happier when their husband or man is in charge financially than when they are in charge...even in Europe!

3. As a single lady, lower your financial expectation from guys- the table is turning, fewer guys now have good means of income compared to ladies; you ladies asked for gender equality, you now have it, please make use of it, don't wait for a richer guy...if you are driving and you see a guy trekking whom you fancy, lift him and don't be shy to startup a focused-relationship with him...waiting for the richer guys driving bigger cars than yours may keep you waiting for eternity and may bring you more heartbreak because such guys now know that they are king to women and so they treat ladies with little/no respect.

4. Encourage your single brothers to work hard, acquire skill, learn trade and explore business opportunities even if they are working. Help them with business startup capital...doing so will help create a deserving husband for a fellow single lady out there.

5. Stop squandering that single guy's money!

Advice him to invest his income wisely! Encourage him to startup a side business to assist his salary because no salary is enough!

6. As a single guy, learn to be financially wise!

Quit those useless habits that drains your income! Quit smoking! Quit drinking! Quit gambling! Quit womanising; its a costly hobby! Quit clubbing around town! Quit squandering money on any girl who isn't your wife! Learn to invest, learn to nurture a business aside your job and learn to spend lesser than you earn! Don't use your last savings to buy a car just to feel among or just to attract irrelevant ladies! Car is more of a necessity until you become rich! For now, buying car should be to aid your financial growth and not for fun or pleasure!

7. As a single lady, pray for your single brothers, boyfriend, lover, or male friends and colleagues. Advice and encourage them whenever you can.

It is no longer easy for single young guys in Nigeria even though most of them won't confess this to you due to male ego!

Let's all wake up to the reality and pray that President Buhari and his team bring about the positive change in Nigeria's economy to help curb this societal pressure.

Yes points outlined 're cogent but don't forget no condition is permanent..life is a mystery, things do change for better or worse even if u had it all planed out!!..it's a journey, my opinion is when you want to get married get married work hard and pray to God to bless ur hussle
Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by dinachi(m): 1:12am On Sep 29, 2015
@ Op , please stop wasting your time. 90% of single ladies in Nigeria are lesbians. They do not have any emotional attachment to guys. That is why they do not want to marry. The women are not worried about the trend. Have you asked yourself why?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by porka: 1:46am On Sep 29, 2015
EVILFOREST:

Good morning.
He has a POINT though and you also have a point.

we have had leaders both FEDERAL and STATE levels who don't have any Idea or what it takes to transform quality economic policies into reasonable outcomes.

BAD LEADERSHIP.
IF only we had had sound LONG TERM PLANNING SKILLS in NIGERIA, we wouldn't have been caught unawares by this national mayhem called UNEMPLOYMENT.. Rather than blaming it on WOMEN employment and empowerment.

I prefer marrying an employable EMPOWERED lady than a slot who sits at home watching kenneth okonkwo movies. How do you expect such a lady to be CEREBRAL......?

NIGERIA as a nation since 1960 could have been well powered by LONDON'S HEATHROW AIRPORT which operates with 5000megawatts.

In 1960s,......... people were begged to go SCHOOLS and were trained by communities. Then we had MORE WHITE COLLAR OPPORTUNITIES waiting for them.

In 1975....The number of UNDERGRADUATES and GRADUATES started increasing with our USELESS LEADERS doing little to nothing to increasing the SPACES that will absorb them. Through investments and Agriculture as well as improving POWER to facilitate SME businesses.

In 1985... Our leaders still remained USELESS were just interested in COUPS and Creating JOBS through STATE CREATIONS, forgetting that NIGERIANS have embraced education and white collar Jobs.

In 1995. .. . Our EEDIOTS still persisted with clueless leaders who lacked the sense for long term planning and improving the POWER SECTOR.

May their CHILDREN die painful deaths.

AMEN

[size=13pt]Your points are well taken.

Nevertheless, some aspect of your thoughts might be exacerbating the problem than solving it. While not taking away your argument, it's worth pointing out that unemployment is a global phenomenon, especially graduate unemployment.

We can argue the 'uselessness' of Nigeria's leadership since 1960 but what about Nigerians who have migrated to countries that are better run than Nigeria? Are the females not affected by the issue we are discussing?

People all over the world are looking beyond government for solutions to this problem. Governments have shown the lack of capacity to tackle the issue having tried their best efforts.

Having said these, Nigeria's job climate is not as hopeless as it seems. And it doesn't depend entirely on provisions of any megawatt.

Unemployment is prevalent among the graduates (especially in the non-professional disciplines) than the artisans and other entrepreneurs. For example, there are not many jobless builders or stone masons currently. Neither are there many teachers who are unemployed. Unemployment rate in the nursing profession is arguably below 1%.

Following from these facts, there are key sectors of the economy witnessing growth and expansion where graduates can to look into and take advantage of the opportunities presented in the production/value chains. Health, Education, Agriculture and Housing/Construction.

Graduates must begin to acquire those skills they need to navigate these sectors. There's no doubt that many of them have to attend skills acquisition trainings. They would also need to take bold steps and quit the thinking of working in Lagos or bigger cities at all cost.

Anyone who has tried unsuccessfully to secure a job for 12 months should begin to think seriously of doing something else. If the job comes thereafter, well and good, if not, they would simply continue with what they are doing. [/size]
Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by EyeKandy(f): 1:56am On Sep 29, 2015
Interesting discussion.

Humilitypays, you raised salient points, but I think it's heavy on economic factors without paying attention to the root-cause of this issue; meeting the right person for you. Let me tackle this from a grown woman perspective (age 28 and older single professional females).

1. Some women are single because they've wasted their years in long-term relationships that didn't end in marriage. Reasons vary.

2. Delusions of ego-investments. In other words, over-inflated sense of self. grin

3. Most Church-y girls rarely socialize outside their Church circle. They become super-comfortable with already established relationships at Church that it's hard to let go. Always following Pastor everywhere instead of you to mingle right after service. smiley And if you don't find a man that's your type in that environment, finding Mr. Right may be challenging. I believe in placing yourself in the right environment where singles abound. Stop attending Churches with your fathers age mate!! Church is in your heart mehn lol.

4. The good girl effect: Very seldom does anyone get married sitting at home unless through friend or family recommendations. Another mistake is not finding the right circle of friends or acquaintances to hang out with. At this age, most of a lady's friends may be married so if you keep tagging along to ONLY mummy-type environments, you MAY be doing yourself a disservice. Attend their kids birthdays and necessary celebrations, but also network at singles events. If a lady works 9am-4/5 pm, by the time she gets home, she could be exhausted and ready to sleep. Not her fault.

5. Attending weddings and leaving unnoticed.
Why are you sitting comfortably with married women and our kids crying everywhere? Get up, mingle and be noticed.

6. Driving everywhere. Yes, its a hindrance too.

7.The Bible says he who FINDS a wife. Many women run with this waiting to be "found". No effort from their end whatsoever. Judge not cos' it works for some.

8. Spirit husband: if you've never attended a deliverance service, you might not understand. No need to argue. Those who are molested in their sleep know what's up. Solution: Pray serious renunciation prayers for all your past sins and open doors.

9. Packaging: A smile is our best asset. You work in engineering doesn't mean you should downplay your femininity. I sometimes wear hard hats at work, but trust me when I say my hair game is always on point. I don't mean you should spend more money, but try at least.

10. Not defining relationships. She may have been single for 4 years and finally meets a guy she likes. Ask boldly, where is this ship heading? Don't get lost at sea.

11. Too many men bugging her. It may be hard to make the right choice. This really happens ...

In the end, I believe it's about right place, right time and the right mindset. And of course, God makes everything beautiful in his time.

Repost: Regardless of your baggage; polygamous homes, broken homes, kids out of wedlock, abortions, age, illiteracy, financial hardship, whatever...there's always someone who accepts you just as you are. Don't lose your identity.

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by porka: 1:56am On Sep 29, 2015
Pidggin:

Read my post again, I mentioned military, paramilitary, agriculture, shipping and then likes are these predominantly mathematical or engineering related professions?

[size=13pt]The 'offending' part has been edited to read 'some of the ones you mentioned' as against the earlier 'the ones you mentioned'.

Hope we can move forward from there and focus on solutions now.

Cheers.[/size]

1 Like

Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by holuhsheun(m): 2:09am On Sep 29, 2015
[s][/s]Hmmmmm.. d truth indeed; May God help me get 2 d top.. all ds anomalies must stop..
Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by lastpage: 2:29am On Sep 29, 2015
What am I trying to say? God gave Adam his basic needs before sending him a woman!

A man deserves to have his basic needs met before thinking of getting married.

....And since God made him his woman, what happened? He has been having TROUBLE all his now miserable life! grin grin

Seriously, l think we should just allow the women to "take over".
Let them work hard, make more money, MARRY US and feed us shocked grin grin .
They can throw us out when they are fed up with us ... and we will marry another rich woman!
That is how it is happening overseas!
grin grin

That way, Men will live longer as the current pressure of "marital life" has been adduced to be the reason men die younger than women (despite their monthly misadventure and carriage of pregnancy!).

We men should stop forming Voltron, defender of the Universe. It does not pay!

I see a lot of young men nowadays who are getting the vibe of it.
They are Gigolos looking for rich ladies to date or marry.
Isn't that good for a change

#TeamWomanPower : Chilling with a bottle of wine waiting for Mrs "Right" to come with her Bugatti and Wads of Dollars in her wallet! shocked
Just kidding.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by Sparkle777(f): 2:30am On Sep 29, 2015
I
sexylogan:
Completely true.

I have countless single female friends with good jobs that own cars yet have been hunting up and down for "Mr Right".

I keep telling them "Stop searching for Mr Right.

Find Mr Left and turn him to the Right".

All these sex hungry old General Managers, CEOs and politicians exploiting and misusing our girls because you have the money to do so, GOD is watching you in 5D and your bed space is waiting for you in the hottest part of Hell!

#ba$tards

The problem is, most "Mr Left" eventually pulls down the rich sister. They treat her wit contempt and wastes her resources hence the high divorce rates in Naija. An average guy cannot be pulled down by his poor wife but a rich gal can be mud dragged by a poor hubby. My tots anyways.

1 Like

Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by lastpage: 2:33am On Sep 29, 2015
EyeKandy:
Interesting discussion.

Humilitypays, you raised salient points, but I think it's heavy on economic factors without paying attention to the root-cause of this issue; meeting the right person for you. Let me tackle this from a grown woman perspective (age 28 and older single professional females).

1. Some women are single because they've wasted their years in long-term relationships that didn't end in marriage. Reasons vary.

2. Delusions of ego-investments. In other words, over-inflated sense of self. grin

3. Most Church-y girls rarely socialize outside their Church circle. They become super-comfortable with already established relationships at Church that it's hard to let go. Always following the Pastor everywhere instead of you to mingle right after service. smiley And if you don't find a man that's your type in that environment, finding Mr. Right may be challenging. I believe in placing yourself in the right environment where singles abound. Church is in your heart mehn lol.

4. The good girl effect: Very seldom does anyone get married sitting at home unless through friend or family recommendations. Another mistake is not finding the right circle of friends or acquaintances to hang out with. At this age, most of a lady's friends may be married so if you keep tagging along to ONLY mummy-type environments, you MAY be doing yourself a disservice. Attend their kids birthdays and necessary celebrations, but also network at singles events. If a lady works 9am-4/5 pm, by the time she gets home, she could be exhausted and ready to sleep. Not her fault.

5. Attending weddings and leaving unnoticed. Why are you sitting comfortably with women and our kids crying everywhere? Get up, mingle and be noticed.

6. Driving everywhere. Yes, its a hindrance too.

7.The Bible says he who FINDS a wife. Many women run with this waiting to be "found". No effort from their end whatsoever. Judge not cos' it works for some.

8. Spirit husband: if you've never attended a deliverance service, you might not understand. No need to argue. Those who are molested in their sleep know what's up. Solution: Pray serious renunciation prayers for all your past sins and open doors.

9. Packaging: A smile is our best asset. You work in engineering doesn't mean you should downplay your femininity. I sometimes wear hard hats at work, but trust me when I say my hair game is always on point. I don't mean you should spend more money, but try at least.

10. Not defining relationships. She may have been single for 4 years and finally meets a guy she likes. Ask boldly, where is this ship heading? Don't get lost at sea.

11. Too many men bugging her. It may be hard to make the right choice. This really happens ...

In the end, I believe it's about right place, right time and the right mindset. And of course, God makes everything beautiful in his time.

Repost: Regardless of your baggage; polygamous homes, broken homes, kids out of wedlock, abortions, illiteracy, financial hardship, whatever...there's always someone who accepts you just as you are. Don't lose your identity.

Okay, l like your post l have to quote it just to appreciate it.
Its mature and informative.
I will show one "Aunty Agba at 28" that l wish was married but is not.
Good and responsible lady .....but husband just not coming! shocked shocked angry angry

Lastpage!
Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by lastpage: 2:37am On Sep 29, 2015
sexylogan:
Completely true.

I have countless single female friends with good jobs that own cars yet have been hunting up and down for "Mr Right".

I keep telling them "Stop searching for Mr Right.

Find Mr Left and turn him to the Right".

All these sex hungry old General Managers, CEOs and politicians exploiting and misusing our girls because you have the money to do so, GOD is watching you in 5D and your bed space is waiting for you in the hottest part of Hell!

#ba$tards

Can we not start a website where we can link all the good ladies (that we can vouch for), looking for a good husband, with all the good guys (that we can vouch for), looking for a good wife?

Why is it that the two dont ever meet as at when necessary?

It will be a great service to humanity .... and people will pay for it as well.

Lastpage!
Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by lastpage: 2:42am On Sep 29, 2015
EVILFOREST:

Good morning.
I respect your opinion

Though the OP, made little sense but I will crave his indulgence in SUBSEQUENT REASONS other Nairalanders will put up.

BAD LEADERSHIP.

May their CHILDREN suffer for the sins of their fathers.

AMEN

If l be Buhari, you qualify to become at least a "Special assistant" to a Minister.
We need people who can think outside the box and long term. to solve problems.
Corruption nay bad leadership is our bane in Nigeria

But l am not Papa Buhari, therefore l promote you to senior member, Nairaland! kiss kiss kiss!

Lastpage!
Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by tunex22(m): 4:19am On Sep 29, 2015
CONFIRM. That's a very nice article. Soon, this same ladies will invade and take over the position of those senseless CEOs' and MDs'. By then, Men would be at the mercy of ladies to get jobs.
However, I wonder why ladies are not contributing their own views regarding the article.

1 Like

Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by adepiero: 4:34am On Sep 29, 2015
This post is the most inciteful post I've ever read on NL! May God enrich your Medula Oblongata OP wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

When you choose to be a fool for love. / My Beautiful Wedding Pictures / Map Reading! Lost Couple Look For Way Out In Lovely Pre-wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.