Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

Veteran British Actor, Christopher Lee Dies At The Age Of 93. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Veteran British Actor, Christopher Lee Dies At The Age Of 93. (1427 Views)

The Age Of Big Brother Naija Housemates / "93 Days" Premiere At The House On The Rock Church: Amaechi, Joke Silva Attend / Christopher Lee Dies At 93 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Veteran British Actor, Christopher Lee Dies At The Age Of 93. by TheFilmmaker: 12:59pm On Jun 11, 2015
The veteran actor was best known for roles including Dracula and Saruman in The Lord of the Rings franchise

Sir Christopher Lee has died at the age of 93 after being hospitalized for respiratory problems and heart failure.

The veteran actor, best known for a variety of films from Dracula to The Wicker Man through to the Lord of the Rings trilogy, passed away on Sunday morning at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital in London, according to sources.

The decision to release the news days after was based on his wife’s desire to inform family members first. The couple had been married for over 50 years.

As well as his career in film, Lee also released a series of heavy metal albums, including Charlemagne: The Omens of Death. He was knighted in 2009 for services to drama and charity and was awarded the Bafta fellowship in 2011.

His film career started in 1947 with a role in gothic romance Corridor of Mirrors but it wasn’t until the late 50s, when Lee worked with Hammer, that he started gaining fame. His first role with the studio was The Curse of Frankenstein and it was the first of 20 films that he made with Peter Cushing.

Lee’s most famous role for Hammer was playing Dracula, a role which became one of his most widely recognised although the actor wasn’t pleased with how the character was treated. “They gave me nothing to do!” he told Total Film in 2005. “I pleaded with Hammer to let me use some of the lines that Bram Stoker had written. Occasionally, I sneaked one in. Eventually I told them that I wasn’t going to play Dracula any more. All hell broke loose.”

Lee still has one film yet to be released, the fantasy film Angels in Notting Hill. He was also set to star in 9/11 drama The 11th opposite Uma Thurman but it’s believed that the film hadn’t yet started production.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/jun/11/christopher-lee-dies-at-the-age-of-93-dracula
Re: Veteran British Actor, Christopher Lee Dies At The Age Of 93. by RaDaZaBaNa(m): 1:08pm On Jun 11, 2015
R I P
Re: Veteran British Actor, Christopher Lee Dies At The Age Of 93. by Nichobabe(m): 1:22pm On Jun 11, 2015
Dracula

R.I.P
Re: Veteran British Actor, Christopher Lee Dies At The Age Of 93. by Kaycee7(m): 1:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
Thank God for keeping you with us long enough to give us all these iconic performances. Will always remember you whenever I re-watch The Lord of the Rings and Hobbit.

Rest in the Lord, Sir Christopher Lee.
Re: Veteran British Actor, Christopher Lee Dies At The Age Of 93. by prof800(m): 1:46pm On Jun 11, 2015
I thought this baba was British shá?

RIP to him. He was an iconic actor.
[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0B5WVyowjC73wVEtf5z55BFz16jJ9JoFB6qM2SgmtWWWAchyZiXKU7dKH[/img]
Re: Veteran British Actor, Christopher Lee Dies At The Age Of 93. by cao(f): 3:12pm On Jun 11, 2015
prof800:
I thought this baba was British shá?

RIP to him. He was an iconic actor.
[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0B5WVyowjC73wVEtf5z55BFz16jJ9JoFB6qM2SgmtWWWAchyZiXKU7dKH[/img]
He was British, the OP needs to change it.
Re: Veteran British Actor, Christopher Lee Dies At The Age Of 93. by Ryabcool(m): 5:59pm On Jun 11, 2015
RIP Saruman. cry cry sad sad
Re: Veteran British Actor, Christopher Lee Dies At The Age Of 93. by Briareos(m): 7:28pm On Jun 11, 2015
Gandalf, yet again, has the last laugh.

But he was quite old. 93?
Re: Veteran British Actor, Christopher Lee Dies At The Age Of 93. by Dragonking: 6:32pm On Jun 12, 2015
Briareos:
Gandalf, yet again, has the last laugh.
But he was quite old. 93?
That's saruman not gandalf.
RIP SA-RU-MAN
Re: Veteran British Actor, Christopher Lee Dies At The Age Of 93. by Kaycee7(m): 7:06am On Jun 13, 2015
The death of this icon didn't make front page but silly "who wore it better" or "hit or miss" celeb posts make fp steady. What's up wit these mods?
Re: Veteran British Actor, Christopher Lee Dies At The Age Of 93. by OgidiOlu3(m): 8:07am On Jun 13, 2015
RIP Saruman! We'll really miss you Grandpa. His voice was one of a kind cry
Re: Veteran British Actor, Christopher Lee Dies At The Age Of 93. by cao(f): 10:53am On Jun 13, 2015
Dragonking:

RIP SA-RU-MAN
I believe he meant that Gandalf has won in the end, since the actor who played Gandalf, Ian McKellen, is still alive.
Re: Veteran British Actor, Christopher Lee Dies At The Age Of 93. by cao(f): 10:56am On Jun 13, 2015
Kaycee7:
The death of this icon didn't make front page but silly "who wore it better" or "hit or miss" celeb posts make fp steady. What's up wit these mods?
You can't exactly blame mods, they're not supermods, they can't post directly to FP, they can only make suggestions to TPTB. If TPTB don't choose to move it, then the mods are clearly not at fault.
Re: Veteran British Actor, Christopher Lee Dies At The Age Of 93. by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 13, 2015
Dragonking:

RIP SA-RU-MAN
thought he was gandalf too..
Re: Veteran British Actor, Christopher Lee Dies At The Age Of 93. by Kaycee7(m): 10:05pm On Jun 13, 2015
cao:

You can't exactly blame mods, they're not supermods, they can't post directly to FP, they can only make suggestions to TPTB. If TPTB don't choose to move it, then the mods are clearly not at fault.
Then TPTB owes me an explanation on why Sir Lee's death shouldn't make front page.
Re: Veteran British Actor, Christopher Lee Dies At The Age Of 93. by cao(f): 10:45pm On Jun 13, 2015
Kaycee7:
Then TPTB owes me an explanation on why Sir Lee's death shouldn't make front page.
Then use the mail the supermods function to ask them.
Re: Veteran British Actor, Christopher Lee Dies At The Age Of 93. by cupidhero(m): 12:29am On Jun 14, 2015
Nairaland is a joke! Can't believe this didn't hit FP. RIP sir!

(1) (Reply)

OMO BALOGUN Part 2 Latest Nollywiod Yoruba Movie 2016 / Strings Of Love December 2023 Teasers / How To Make Friends In The Movie Industry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.