Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari (5694 Views)

Fayose Wants Obasanjo To Refund The N10m Donation He Made Towards His Library / Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' / Obasanjo To Buhari: 'Begin Anti-Corruption War With Yourself, Osinbajo, Saraki' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by erunz(m): 1:40pm On Jun 11, 2015
Ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo has advised President Muhammodu Buhari not to take APC South West, Bola Ahmed Tinubu too serious.

The message was sent out on Wednesday, when the former President urged the incumbent President not to be persuaded by Tinubu’s bitterness on the victory of Bukola Saraki and Yakubu Dogara as Senate President and Speaker of the House of Representatives respectively.

Obasanjo said; “How can Tinubu be speaking on the interest of the party as if he owns the party? Are the winners (Bukola Saraki and Yakubu Dogara) not APC members again? APC is not a personal property of anyone. The party belongs to everybody and belongs to no single person.

“I will therefore urge the Mr. President to dwell little on the hot agitations of the aggrieved leaders and the Senators-elect. If APC as a political party is heading to court, fine. But we should know that no kind of intimacy can follow after leaving the court. And I believe you all know what that means in Yoruba culture and belief.”

Lex-President Obasanjo, also condemned the moves of the party to challenge the victory of Senator Bukola Saraki and Hon. Yakubu Dogara, as Senate President and Speaker of House of Representatives respectively.

He said, “the action will amount to one pulling down his house because of unwanted occupants.

Ex-President went on to advice Tinubu and his band of bitter-men to swallow the bitter pill with courage as party men. He added, “The deed has been done. The party cannot shy away from correcting some anomalies in the processes that produced the duo as Senate President and Speaker.

http://www.opinionriver.com/dont-take-tinubu-too-serious-ex-president-olusegun-obasanjo-to-president-buhari/

1 Like

Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by saintTim(m): 1:41pm On Jun 11, 2015
One chance

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by adebisicutie: 1:42pm On Jun 11, 2015
All these fake news sites popping up everyday. I guess Obasanjo told them what he said to Buhari abi undecided very silly news

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 11, 2015
chai Tinubi is truly finished politically!!!! grin grin grin grin grin sai baba sai change

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by bamidele029: 1:44pm On Jun 11, 2015
Opinion river grin

Faker than Aba made

15 Likes

Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by LivinADVERT: 1:44pm On Jun 11, 2015
LMAOO! THE SECOND POSTER
Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by dayo23(f): 1:45pm On Jun 11, 2015
Fake

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by Ezenwammadu(m): 1:45pm On Jun 11, 2015
grin
Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by BeeBeeOoh(m): 1:48pm On Jun 11, 2015
In tinubu's voice, "I have no comment, I have no reaction..

1 Like

Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by PassingShot(m): 1:51pm On Jun 11, 2015
Another one in the mold of "Breaking Times"!

Why not "Idea Ocean" instead of Opinion River?

cheesy cheesy

In the event that the news turns out to be true, I agree with OBJ's position on this.
Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by preetyb(f): 1:52pm On Jun 11, 2015
Tinubu should know he is now on his own.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by akonibobo: 1:53pm On Jun 11, 2015
Singing "Oro nla.... lowun to sele, iyanu loje.....Haaa!.... nko nbe"

1 Like

Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by TonySpike: 1:53pm On Jun 11, 2015
It is time the government wield the big stick at this mushroom websites heating up the political space of Nigeria. I just hope and believe Seun and his mods will not move this fake news to the front page...

6 Likes

Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by NgeneUkwenu(f): 1:56pm On Jun 11, 2015
So why hasn't Obasanjo congratulated Saraki and Dogara?

Oceanriver.com! Yeye and Fake Website!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by vedaxcool(m): 1:57pm On Jun 11, 2015
PDP -opposition- strategy to providing an alternative govt.
Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by NgeneUkwenu(f): 1:58pm On Jun 11, 2015
PassingShot:
Another one in the mold of "Breaking Times"!

Why not "Idea Ocean" instead of Opinion River?

cheesy cheesy

In the event that the news turns out to be true, I agree with OBJ's position on this.

Why should you agree with Obasanjo on this one? I am eager to learn!
Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by Rilwayne001: 2:02pm On Jun 11, 2015
Fake news by a deluded flat head.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by PassingShot(m): 2:03pm On Jun 11, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Why should you agree with Obasanjo on this one? I am eager to learn!
Tinubu's and APC's position cannot bring any solution. It will rather tear and polarize the party more.

The deed is done and the only other way is to move forward. Accept Saraki and Dogara but closely monitor their actions.

And if they must be punished, it cannot be now or by challenging their election in court EXCEPT they're sure of winning in court.

If they go to court and lose, it adds to Saraki's power and influence; another salt on the injury for APC.

APC/Tinubu goofed big time in this and they must learn their lesson and move on.
Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by omenka(m): 2:04pm On Jun 11, 2015
When I see headlines like this, the first thing I do is rush to see the source, and I'm never disappointed.

News like this exists and surprisingly, all known media outlets in the country never got wind of it!! Isn't that interesting?? smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by ijustdey: 2:05pm On Jun 11, 2015
ocean river my foot

bloggers looking for food
Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by papoose999(m): 2:06pm On Jun 11, 2015
Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by omenka(m): 2:07pm On Jun 11, 2015
PDP's brand of opposition really sucks balls.

First it started with "Wendel Simlin".

Then they graduated to guardiannewsusa.com

Then hopefornigeria.com

Next was thebreakingtimes.com

And now opinionriver.com.

They can't even give the damn sites attractive names. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by honestivo(m): 2:08pm On Jun 11, 2015
The earlier they take the bitter pill the better for them because one man cnt appoint the VP,party leader,etc and wanted also to appoint the senate pman and speaker no na

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by humnsikan: 2:09pm On Jun 11, 2015
Lol...This is too much for APC to bear. I see ACN pulling out of APC.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jun 11, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
So why hasn't Obasanjo congratulated Saraki and Dogara?

Oceanriver.com! Yeye and Fake Website!
it is OpinionLAGOON

Reasons Why Girls Don't Reply Your Chats

Good
Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by NgeneUkwenu(f): 2:20pm On Jun 11, 2015
PassingShot:

Tinubu's and APC's position cannot bring any solution. It will rather tear and polarize the party more.

The deed is done and the only other way is to move forward. Accept Saraki and Dogara but closely monitor their actions.

And if they must be punished, it cannot be now or by challenging their election in court EXCEPT they're sure of winning in court.

If they go to court and lose, it adds to Saraki's power and influence; another salt on the injury for APC.

APC/Tinubu goofed big time in this and they must learn their lesson and move on.

Thanks for the Clarification though! But you shouldn't have supported the usage of words by Obasanjo if it were to be True:

Tinubu/APC didn't goof pls! They did all they could have done to stop the mess! like I have posited severally on different threads here! A deaf and dumb person can still pull off the stunts Saraki did in the Chambers! It only takes you to disobey your party directive and align with the evil forces who were already waiting to cash on any veil disagreement on party of the APC to latch! Everything boils down to Saraki's Ambition, if he had waited for the Senators to return, he would still have won but not with PDP Senator as deputy!

Any wonder the following persons have not found it worthy to congratulate them:

Buhari
Amaechi,
Kwankwaso,
Obasanjo,
Rochas
Many Northern Governors!

Think and think! No matter how you resolve to forgive Saraki, when you look around to realize, he will be sitting with A PDP member as deputy makes many people catch cold!

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 11, 2015
Tanoids and silly websites popping up everyday. opinionriver probably owned by mogidi or ichidodo. Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by jaymichael(m): 2:23pm On Jun 11, 2015
omenka:
When I see headlines like this, the first thing I do is rush to see the source, and I'm never disappointed.

News like this exists and surprisingly, all known media outlets in the country never got wind of it!! Isn't that interesting?? smiley
Exactly! when i see these "joke" sensational headings, I quickly see the source before deciding to read or skip.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by PassingShot(m): 2:28pm On Jun 11, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Thanks for the Clarification though! But you shouldn't have supported the usage of words by Obasanjo if it were to be True:

Tinubu/APC didn't goof pls! They did all they could have done to stop the mess! like I have posited severally on different threads here! A deaf and dumb person can still pull off the stunts Saraki did in the Chambers! It only takes you to disobey your party directive and align with the evil forces who were already waiting to cash on any veil disagreement on party of the APC to latch! Everything boils down to Saraki's Ambition, if he had waited for the Senators to return, he would still have won but not with PDP Senator as deputy!

Buhari
Amaechi,
Kwankwaso,
Obasanjo,
Rochas
Many Northern Governors!

Think and think! No matter how you resolve to forgive Saraki, when you look around to realize, he will be sitting with A PDP member as deputy makes many people catch cold!
The only mistake APC made was conducting an open ballot straw election to choose the leaders.
Recollect that all candidates had signed to abide by the outcome of the election but only reneged on such agreement when they used open ballot system. Where is that even done in modern democracy?

Had they done the usual secret ballot and Lawan and Gbaja won, Saraki and Dogara would have no option than to accept their fate. And if they fail to do otherwise, it would have been a clear message they're no longer interested in APC.

Again, APC could have long zoned the two positions as advised by Kwankwaso long ago. If they had done all these earlier, Saraki's wings would have been clipped but they failed to.

Irrespective of having to contend with an APC/PDP senate leadership is annoying, it is still better than what could happen to APC should they want to pursue the court option. It will break the party completely. In fact, it is what PDP currently prays for so as to welcome Saraki (and possibly Dogara) with open arms.

The solution lies in accepting them and resolve their differences.
Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by worthytalk: 2:30pm On Jun 11, 2015
Tinubu spearheaded the gang up against Jonathan thinking that Jonathan was his problem. Tinubu should as a matter of necessity apologize to Jonathan publicly.
Look at how they are embarrassing Osinbanjo just because he is loyal to Tinubu. Again all his candidates were also humiliated in the national assembly. Can it be that there is a grand conspiracy against the godfather?
On the other hand Tinubu is too greedy. He could not allow Fashola anoint a single candidate for state or national assembly. He disrespected Fashola a great deal. Now the universe has conspired against him. I doubt if the almighty Tinubu can rise again. Because the next game plan will be to remove his loyalists from the party leadership positions.By then they nail his political coffin for life. Pls pardon my English na hungry cos am.
Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by Alphaoscar: 2:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Buhari
Amaechi,
Kwankwaso,
Obasanjo,
Rochas
Many Northern Governors!

If they have waited for the APC peeps to arrive Saraki would have lost that election . Did you ever wonder why there was no vote in his own election but only adoption? Some PDP Senators are actually ready to defy their own party as well.

As at the time they (PDPsenators) reached that NA assembly premises there was no consensus among them on who to support and atleast 17 of them including David Mark actually voted Lawan in their own straw poll.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

World Richest President (photos) / Dasuki Linked To Bombing Of Aziza And Suntai / See What Lai Said When Yaradua Was Away For Treatment In 2009

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.