Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,359 members, 7,800,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! (86227 Views)

Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria / Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa / Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by room089: 3:36pm On Jun 11, 2015
ashewopeckas:
OP, not just Bonny. Ahoada, a village between PH and BAYELSA too enjoys the same 'luxury'. As a matter of fact, in addition to the stable power supply, they also have tarred roads (over 5km) and full subscription of DSTV for the entire village as at 2010 though, all paid for by AGIP.

Auntie na 2015 we dey o!
Confirm and tell us if those things still obtain in that locality.
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by UncleJudax(m): 3:36pm On Jun 11, 2015
fatdon2:
Teem Bonny
You mean Team bonny grin

2 Likes

Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by clovislouis(m): 3:38pm On Jun 11, 2015
ashewopeckas:
OP, not just Bonny. Ahoada, a village between PH and BAYELSA too enjoys the same 'luxury'. As a matter of fact, in addition to the stable power supply, they also have tarred roads (over 5km) and full subscription of DSTV for the entire village as at 2010 though, all paid for by AGIP.
hoping to visit there
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by clovislouis(m): 3:39pm On Jun 11, 2015
christee:
HOW MUCH POPULATION IS IN BONNY THAT THEY CANNOT AFFORD TO ENJOY SUCH PRIVILEDGE
yes u re right
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 11, 2015
Raxxye:
Bonny could ring a bell in the ears of many as the town where the Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas(NLNG) plant is situated, but for those who do not know, it is an island by the coast of the Atlantic Ocean and one of the 23 local government areas of Rivers State, as well as home to the newly a established Federal Polytechnic of Oil and Gas.

The most remarkable thing about this town is that there is never power failure!
Yes, you heard well; Bonny residents enjoy 24/7 electricity supply all year round!

In my two-years stay in the town so far, the total time of power outage is less than 6 hours. Such outages are usually due to routine maintenance by the BUC(Bonny Utility Company). The residents hardly know how much kerosene or cooking gas sells for because they cook with electric cookers and power availability is guaranteed for their daily cookings.

My question is: if this could work in Bonny, can't this model be studied and replicated in other parts of Nigeria?

Cc
Lalasticlala

City of light!This is a paradise on Nigeria's land.

2 Likes

Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 11, 2015
nice! Should be copied everywhere in Nigeria then.
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by Luvdmx(m): 3:43pm On Jun 11, 2015
I was there a year and the OP is right..27/7 power ..You recharge just like your cell phone.

Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 11, 2015

That is image of Bonny from Google and it looks well planned than many places in Nigeria. I am surprised it has 24/7 electricity supply. That is a good thing to know about the country. Where are those Zulus to see that there is a place in Nigeria where there is 24 hour power supply? angry angry angry

Go Nigeria!
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by room089: 3:45pm On Jun 11, 2015
YoruBAD:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2505846_marks_jpegbe8690161b493c9b4ae35dd5a84f3eb7

Only God knows the quantity of cry this child let out when these marks were being given to her!

And she's a girl for crying out loud!

I think the parents needs to be penalized!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by Olayinka2607: 3:45pm On Jun 11, 2015
lagos
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by Remii(m): 3:46pm On Jun 11, 2015
ashewopeckas:
most niger delta creek communities get free power from oil company facilities and never on national grid,
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jun 11, 2015
ashewopeckas:

Ahoada don't have 24hrs power, i have stayed dia b4. Bonny is best followed by Omoku.

1 Like

Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by CallPolice: 3:47pm On Jun 11, 2015
Not a new place.
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by ikrumalemonday(m): 3:47pm On Jun 11, 2015
Omoku in Rivers State enjoys same constant electricity supply.
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by kaboninc(m): 3:48pm On Jun 11, 2015
qbd2:
Its prolly cos of the plant that's located there. Let thjem transgfer it to another city then bonny residents will know

Transfer what to another city?
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by Huxley11(m): 3:48pm On Jun 11, 2015
on my way there Now.

1 Like

Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by calyb247(m): 3:49pm On Jun 11, 2015
Gepheral:
'Bayan Gari' in Bauchi as @then..

"As of then"... then, when?
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by Agbalanze(m): 3:51pm On Jun 11, 2015
LAfricana:
your common sense should av sorted that for u

the home of gas should lack power undecided... whats your point, are you trying to display your ignorance, or you are just being plain silly

talk about closeness to raw materials (gas).

Are u OK? Pls don't pour your frustration on the O.p.
Or are u having verbal diarrhoea angry

3 Likes

Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by lamiobo(m): 3:52pm On Jun 11, 2015
seems no one has heard of Egbin, (estate) Ijede i lived there for over 20 years and there is 24/7 power. grin ...i grew up not knowing the meaning of UP NEPA wink
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by easystudy101: 3:53pm On Jun 11, 2015
wewe1:
Everything is Possible if you believe.

You don't need to believe but just do it.

1 Like

Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by peeta89(m): 3:53pm On Jun 11, 2015
Even in Osun state where I reside we have constant power supply 247...I charge my phone or iron my clothes when I like...
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 11, 2015
Raxxye:
Bonny could ring a bell in the ears of many as the town where the Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas(NLNG) plant is situated, but for those who do not know, it is an island by the coast of the Atlantic Ocean and one of the 23 local government areas of Rivers State, as well as home to the newly a established Federal Polytechnic of Oil and Gas.

The most remarkable thing about this town is that there is never power failure!
Yes, you heard well; Bonny residents enjoy 24/7 electricity supply all year round!

In my two-years stay in the town so far, the total time of power outage is less than 6 hours. Such outages are usually due to routine maintenance by the BUC(Bonny Utility Company). The residents hardly know how much kerosene or cooking gas sells for because they cook with electric cookers and power availability is guaranteed for their daily cookings.

My question is: if this could work in Bonny, can't this model be studied and replicated in other parts of Nigeria?

Cc
Lalasticlala
SEE THIS MAD MAN!

ANY WERE THERE IS GAS POWER PLANT THERE SUPPOSE TO BE 24HRS LIGHT, YOUR PIGEON BRAIN MUST HAVE TOLD YOU THAT!!

PLS STOP THINKING THAT YOU HAVE SENSE,

1 Like

Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by Nicepoker(m): 3:56pm On Jun 11, 2015
Try osogbo. Constant power supply

1 Like

Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jun 11, 2015
Of course Bonny has 247 hours electricity from time. It's the largest gas farms in Africa.
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by kelzgie44: 4:00pm On Jun 11, 2015
LAfricana:

the home of gas should lack power undecided... whats your point, are you trying to display your ignorance, or you are just being plain silly

Check out www.africanwatch.net for lastest international Scholarships for Nigerians, and keep tabs with latest happenings in Africa
. Lol...even whr I stayed its 24/7 too....some staff quarters at lagos
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by kobonaire(m): 4:03pm On Jun 11, 2015
The year is 2015 and 24x7 electricity supply still remains a dream and a promise by every ruling government.....sigh

1 Like

Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 11, 2015
ModiKen:
OP, you didn't tell us the source of this constant power supply in Bonny. Is it solar, gas, windmill or something else?

Cos personally for that town to enjoy 24/7 power supply, I don't think they are connected to the national electricity grid in the country. Maybe its an independent source.

SEE ANOTHER DUMB GUY!!

DID YOU READ THAT ARTICLE AT THE BACK OF YOUR YANSH? undecided

THE OP MAKE MENTION OF GAS POWER PLANT LIKE TWO TIMES AND YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THE SOURCE OF CONSTANT POWER SUPPLY.

LEARN TO READ AND UNDERSTAND, DON'T THINK LIKE AN ANIMAL

1 Like

Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 11, 2015
LAfricana:

Check out www.africanwatch.net for lastest international Scholarships for Nigerians, and keep tabs with latest happenings in Africa
you are the one without common sense and plain silly, isnt Nigeria the home of Petroleum resources, do u have fuel and kero in abundance. Insipid

2 Likes

Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by sanniabiola(m): 4:08pm On Jun 11, 2015
My experience in Bonny is always Golden
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by kalybaly: 4:09pm On Jun 11, 2015
There is a place in delta state Beniku, that enjoys this 24 hour supply as well. I have been there during my service year. Power cut off can only happen if they are fixing one thing or the other and the maximum period of time to restore their power was about an hour
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by kingguu(m): 4:09pm On Jun 11, 2015
if u say Bonny I won't argue cos u specified city...I'm also based in Rivers also n found out that most oil producing communities here hardly xperience shortage in power supply. In ONELGA....its 24/7 power supply ooo..they alal operate on gasplant..
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by Iffffffy(f): 4:11pm On Jun 11, 2015
Osogbo in osunstate enjoys same

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tuition Free Education In Sweden / US Chartered Flight Lands At Lagos Airport / Parenting In The UK As A Nigerian Migrant.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.