Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Vibrating Car (not Engine Seating) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Vibrating Car (not Engine Seating) (3133 Views)

Car Not Accelerating Fast / Is It Possible For A Car Not To Smoke At All? / Toyota Corolla Vibrating While Idle. Help!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vibrating Car (not Engine Seating) by edoyad(m): 5:30pm On Jun 11, 2015
Hi house. We stumbled on a deal recently where we got a toyota solara , 2006 quite cheaply. The looked good and appeared to have no problems except the vibration we noticed when the.car is revved.
At first we thought the vibration was being caused by may be the exhaust pipes being out of place or a bad engine seating, but after careful examination it appears they're not.
The engine appears sound but one mechanic is saying the only way to get rid of that vibration is if we change that engine. The problem is that changing the engine would make a sweet deal turn, may be not sour but not too sweet.
Re: Vibrating Car (not Engine Seating) by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:48am On Jun 12, 2015
edoyad:
Hi house. We stumbled on a deal recently where we got a toyota solara , 2006 quite cheaply. The looked good and appeared to have no problems except the vibration we noticed when the.car is revved.
At first we thought the vibration was being caused by may be the exhaust pipes being out of place or a bad engine seating, but after careful examination it appears they're not.
The engine appears sound but one mechanic is saying the only way to get rid of that vibration is if we change that engine. The problem is that changing the engine would make a sweet deal turn, may be not sour but not too sweet.

Bring it for a free inspection, to rule out any issues. 089033910382 lagos only
Re: Vibrating Car (not Engine Seating) by disloman(m): 9:06am On Jun 12, 2015
Poor performance of d engine can also makes d engine to vibrate.U can service d fuel line.
Re: Vibrating Car (not Engine Seating) by leadknight123(m): 1:26pm On Jun 12, 2015
Get a well grounded mechanic to do a comprehensive manual check and also run a full diagnosis of the car before making any conclusions. Its cheaper that way. Good luck
Re: Vibrating Car (not Engine Seating) by DECOtech(m): 11:44pm On Jun 12, 2015
edoyad:

Possible misfire.
Re: Vibrating Car (not Engine Seating) by Lucasbalo(m): 9:46am On Jun 13, 2015
edoyad:
It could be the transmission.
Re: Vibrating Car (not Engine Seating) by NumberOne2(m): 12:34am On Jun 14, 2015
So does it vibrate when moving or when idle?
If when idle it may require slight adjustment of trottle cable or fault plugs but when moving, thats something.
Re: Vibrating Car (not Engine Seating) by ukandi1(m): 1:43pm On Jun 14, 2015
I had a similar challenge wit my carina e 4A FE ENGINE. Mechanic observed that d plugs were bad, the injector needed servicing and fuel was not entering d nozzles well. After serving the entire injection system and changing d plugs, d vibration stoppped. Perhaps u may consider checking these systems in ur Solara engine

2 Likes

Re: Vibrating Car (not Engine Seating) by edoyad(m): 12:50pm On Jun 15, 2015
Thanks all, the mechanic noticed a couple of stuff he's currently. So much more better now.
Re: Vibrating Car (not Engine Seating) by DECOtech(m): 9:08am On Jun 16, 2015
edoyad:
Thanks all, the mechanic noticed a couple of stuff he's currently. So much more better now.

Please update the house on what the mechanic observed and steps he has taken to correct them
Re: Vibrating Car (not Engine Seating) by edoyad(m): 11:57am On Jun 16, 2015
DECOtech:

Please update the house on what the mechanic observed and steps he has taken to correct them

Adjuster and timing belt. He's still working on the car though, if he changes any other thing
Re: Vibrating Car (not Engine Seating) by DECOtech(m): 5:39pm On Jun 16, 2015
edoyad:

Adjuster and timing belt. He's still working on the car though, if he changes any other thing

timing belt and tensioner? ...fingers crossed sha.

Those two things you mentioned wld make your engine vibrate in rare cases. Most times it wld make ur engine not rev or not run at all.
Re: Vibrating Car (not Engine Seating) by edoyad(m): 10:28am On Jun 17, 2015
DECOtech:

timing belt and tensioner? ...fingers crossed sha.

Those two things you mentioned wld make your engine vibrate in rare cases. Most times it wld make ur engine not rev or not run at all.

In fact that was part of the problem, the car was finding it hard going up hill in addition to the vibration. But after he changed it the car leapt forward like a cheetah at first test grin . Now he's going to look into the vibration which actually did lessen after the work.
Unfortunately he's busy with other jobs at hand so I have to wait for him to finish with those. Like I said earlier, we got the car on the cheap and I was even considering changing the Engine if need be. Someone told me an engine from Lag would cost about 180K and I was thinking about it but the belt and tensioner change have turned me to a believer in the old engine.

1 Like

Re: Vibrating Car (not Engine Seating) by DECOtech(m): 7:45pm On Jun 17, 2015
edoyad:

In fact that was part of the problem, the car was finding it hard going up hill in addition to the vibration. But after he changed it the car leapt forward like a cheetah at first test grin . Now he's going to look into the vibration which actually did lessen after the work.
Unfortunately he's busy with other jobs at hand so I have to wait for him to finish with those. Like I said earlier, we got the car on the cheap and I was even considering changing the Engine if need be. Someone told me an engine from Lag would cost about 180K and I was thinking about it but the belt and tensioner change have turned me to a believer in the old engine.

I'm glad ur smiling. Enjoy your ride.
Re: Vibrating Car (not Engine Seating) by 19naia(m): 12:58am On Jun 19, 2015
edoyad:

Yes misfire issues are the most likely cause.. Timing belt imperfections can create bad firing sequence which can make vibrations.. Also the spark plug side of the firing can make vibrations if bad... The fuel delivery or injection may cause some irregularity but not the kind of vibration that timing and spark firing would cause.
Good to hear the issues are getting taken care of..
Re: Vibrating Car (not Engine Seating) by edoyad(m): 6:29pm On Jun 23, 2015
Finally cured. Bad Engine oil pump which was kind broken self. Thanks guys

1 Like

Re: Vibrating Car (not Engine Seating) by upuphim(m): 10:34am On Apr 29, 2016
I just solved my Nissan Serena vibration issue. All mechanics confirmed the engine was well seated. It only vibrates on motion and noticed when you go slowly. What caused it? Just the propeller.
Re: Vibrating Car (not Engine Seating) by princemillla(m): 11:08am On Apr 29, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Bring it for a free inspection, to rule out any issues. 089033910382 lagos only

Oga GAZZUZZ, am waiting for my own invite too.
Lagos base grin
Vehicle : mercury villager 1999 estate

(1) (Reply)

UPDATED: Heeeeelp With Car Gone Wild. / Paddle Shifters On Cars...i Love Them / Safety Tips For Drivers During Easter Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.