Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,378 members, 7,781,059 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:12 AM

Women And "50 Shades Of Grey" Men - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women And "50 Shades Of Grey" Men (6306 Views)

Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read / Women And Their Double Standards. / Business Women And Stay At Home Moms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women And "50 Shades Of Grey" Men by tintingz(m): 10:09pm On Jun 11, 2015
Many women in an abusive relationship are the cause of their problems, now let take a look at the novel/movie "fifty shades of grey" a story by E. L. James.

This romance novel shows several things. Number one, women enjoy sex . Number two, women do like erotica . number three, women enjoy their erotic adventures wrapped in a handsome fantasy, safely packaged in a monogamous relationship and lastly they enjoy having relationship with wealthy men.

Part of the success of Fifty Shades , is that there is a variety of sex scenes in the book in which the main female character, Anastasia Steele, finds herself swept away by her own passion. She is being ravished by a devilishly handsome and psychologically dysfunctional Christian Grey, with whom she has an immediate and lasting committed relationship. This monogamy allows her to experience many dangerous and edgy sexual adventures.

UCLA conducted a study in which they found that 64 percent of women had " ravishment" fantasies. Ravishment is different than rape.

We have heard and seen women living in an abusive relationship and one thing that keep many of them in the relationship is because the man is rich and some even marry these abusive men. I have heard women saying they prefer men who are tough, rugged and so on, it is not new that women turn down men who are gentle, calm and even caring they see them as weak but at the end they get their result from these rambo men.

Now after these women have realize their mistakes marrying an abusive man they want divorce, some even don't want divorce they stay because he's rich, some because of the society stigma and many religious clerics are not even helping they will tell them to be patient and pray while she's in the marriage receiving the beaten of her life.

2 Likes

Re: Women And "50 Shades Of Grey" Men by Cutehector(m): 10:10pm On Jun 11, 2015
ok
Re: Women And "50 Shades Of Grey" Men by coogar: 10:26pm On Jun 11, 2015

Now after these women have realize their mistakes marrying an abusive man they want divorce, some even don't want divorce they stay because he's rich, some because of the society stigma and many religious clerics are not even helping they will tell them to be patient and pray while she's in the marriage receiving the beaten of her life.

from my experience, every woman fantasises to be ravished the way a lion mauls a buffalo. the only problem is - they want the choice of who would ravish them as theirs. so if any man who doesn't fit into that fantasy tries it, it's rape & he would go to prison deservedly. if it's a man that fits the picture then it's sweet love making. grin

4 Likes

Re: Women And "50 Shades Of Grey" Men by AfricanApple(f): 10:41pm On Jun 11, 2015
coogar:

from my experience, every woman fantasises to be ravished the way a lion mauls a buffalo. the only problem is - they want the choice of who would ravish them as theirs. so if any man who doesn't fit into that fantasy tries it, it's rape & he would go to prison deservedly. if it's a man that fits the picture then it's sweet love making. grin
undecided undecided hian. who told you that

1 Like

Re: Women And "50 Shades Of Grey" Men by bukatyne(f): 10:42pm On Jun 11, 2015
While I agree that a number of women in abusive relationships are the cause, I do not see How your premises tally with the conclusion.

You said women love ravishment (intense sex)? different from rape. How Does that imply women attract abuse to themselves?

You also touched on divorce/abuse/wealth: That is another kettle of fish all together.

This article is suited to prove women love sex, ravishment, loveware, have fantasies etc.

P.S.: What is ravishment and loveware?
Re: Women And "50 Shades Of Grey" Men by tintingz(m): 11:02pm On Jun 11, 2015
coogar:

Lol very true.

It turns them on, orgasm. grin
Re: Women And "50 Shades Of Grey" Men by tintingz(m): 11:28pm On Jun 11, 2015
bukatyne:
While I agree that a number of women in abusive relationships are the cause, I do not see How your premises tally with the conclusion.

You said women love ravishment (intense sex)? different from rape. How Does that imply women attract abuse to themselves?
In court we see these women saying my husband beats me, if I reject him on bed he beats me meanwhile these women love how their husband ravish them.

They later want divorce when they discover their husband is cheating. Her family, friends will pressure her to file for a divorce etc.

You also touched on divorce/abuse/wealth: That is another kettle of fish all together.

This article is suited to prove women love sex, ravishment, loveware, have fantasies etc.

P.S.: What is ravishment and loveware?
actually the bolded word is "eroticå" auto-censor is at work.
Re: Women And "50 Shades Of Grey" Men by mrwonlasewonie: 11:38pm On Jun 11, 2015
coogar:

won tunde o undecided undecided
Re: Women And "50 Shades Of Grey" Men by forandy(m): 6:21am On Jun 12, 2015
bukatyne:
I do not see How your premises tally with the conclusion.

lool. .you jst reminded me of my yeye philosophy lecturer back den grin 
Re: Women And "50 Shades Of Grey" Men by wonlasewonimi: 1:10pm On Jun 12, 2015
mrwonlasewonie:
won tunde o undecided undecided

Na wa o. see moniker
Re: Women And "50 Shades Of Grey" Men by Stillfire: 2:53pm On Jun 12, 2015
Part of the success of Fifty Shades , is that there is a variety of sex scenes in the book in which the main female character, Anastasia Steele, finds herself swept away by her own passion. She is being ravished by a devilishly handsome and psychologically dysfunctional Christian Grey, with whom she has an immediate and lasting committed relationship. This monogamy allows her to experience many dangerous and edgy sexual adventures.

Lol, you think if Christian Grey was poor and ugly he would be granted such liberties?

coogar:

I just remembered my mills and boon, harlequin, historical romance, etc days...tehehehe cheesy
The other problem and reality is that men are not mind-readers, and have the tendency to be abusive with such fantasies. They don't just get it. There's a mood for that kind of se.x, and most men antennae can't even perceive such mood. What a bore!

5 Likes

Re: Women And "50 Shades Of Grey" Men by mrwonlasewonie: 2:54pm On Jun 12, 2015
wonlasewonimi:

Na wa o. see moniker
I'm your name sake wink cool grin
Re: Women And "50 Shades Of Grey" Men by coogar: 2:58pm On Jun 12, 2015
Stillfire:

Lol, you think if Christian Grey was poor and ugly he would be granted such liberties?

so women are attracted to the money, not the man? grin

I just remembered my mills and boon, harlequin, historical romance, etc days...tehehehe cheesy
The other problem and reality is that men are not mind-readers, and have the tendency to be abusive with such fantasies. They don't just get it. There's a mood for that kind of se.x, and most men antennae can't even perceive such mood. What a bore!

it's your duty to communicate - don't just expect men to know the exact mood you are in. we are not omnipotent. if you want it rough, say so. grin

2 Likes

Re: Women And "50 Shades Of Grey" Men by Stillfire: 3:37pm On Jun 12, 2015
coogar:

so women are attracted to the money, not the man? grin

There's a pattern in these romance books- good looks, confidence and rich. You need to have 3 of those. Being rich and not good looking...iyama. I wouldn't even read it as a teenager then. undecided
Now the dominance does not mean abusive, that's where men and women get it wrong. It can even mean what you say to the woman and not the action of the se.x itself.

it's your duty to communicate - don't just expect men to know the exact mood you are in. we are not omnipotent. if you want it rough, say so. grin

I agree but the truth is that it spoils the mood jare. undecided
Re: Women And "50 Shades Of Grey" Men by bukatyne(f): 4:27pm On Jun 12, 2015
forandy:

lool. .you jst reminded me of my yeye philosophy lecturer back den grin 

Yeye angry
Re: Women And "50 Shades Of Grey" Men by TV01(m): 4:34pm On Jun 12, 2015
Stillfire:
You too?...I used to relentlessly devour M&B...all my early game was learned there... grin

TV
Re: Women And "50 Shades Of Grey" Men by bukatyne(f): 4:51pm On Jun 12, 2015
tintingz:

In court we see these women saying my husband beats me, if I reject him on bed he beats me meanwhile these women love how their husband ravish them.

I guess I messed the definition of ravish. Does ravish here mean bondage sex

tintingz:
They later want divorce when they discover their husband is cheating. Her family, friends will pressure her to file for a divorce etc.

Missing the link here

tintingz:
actually the bolded word is "eroticå" auto-censor is at work.

What does it mean?
Re: Women And "50 Shades Of Grey" Men by forandy(m): 6:52pm On Jun 12, 2015
bukatyne:

Yeye angry

yels...yeye. .he use to pursue woman weh weh angry 
Re: Women And "50 Shades Of Grey" Men by baralatie(m): 2:57am On Jun 13, 2015
The 50 shade stuff that is being "glamorized" is different from the books I read about women and abusive relationships,likewise the perceptions about women,society imagery about is also another book.
From the write up in the Op!it actually an example of society imagery on women (a problem that some women are forced to deal with).
One big problem is the experience of abusive relationships or hostile relationship.it negate every good potential of womanhood,motherhood and child upbringing.
It is likened to the experience and documented research on drug addicts and relapse.

In summary,taking lessons about women and relationship from a 50 shades' is a walk into a life of pain!

2 Likes

Re: Women And "50 Shades Of Grey" Men by Jamean(f): 7:47am On Jun 13, 2015
Prospective thread...I'm here
Re: Women And "50 Shades Of Grey" Men by innervoice(m): 7:56am On Jun 13, 2015
I have not read or seen Fifty Shades of Grey but BDSM is very different from abuse. While BDSM is based on trust and mutual agreement, abuse is not.
Re: Women And "50 Shades Of Grey" Men by Qualer: 10:14am On Jun 13, 2015
AfricanApple:
undecided undecided hian. who told you that

aMADIOHA!!!
Re: Women And "50 Shades Of Grey" Men by freecocoa(f): 10:32am On Jun 13, 2015
Wanting to be dominated in the bedroom is not the same as being in an abusive relationship. The character(Anastascia) in the book gave consent to whatever was done to her, I don't understand how that analogy fits into abuse.

Btw, believe it or not, not every woman wants to be the 'submissive' I for 1 will like to be the dominant, no be only men fit lead.tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Women And "50 Shades Of Grey" Men by dubylhover(m): 10:36am On Jun 13, 2015
plssssssss.......christian grey to me wasnt abusive...if yu remember,he told anna what he wanted nd how he enjoyed sex..she even had to sign a consent form,so she knew what she was getting into...its not as if d guy was sweet at 1st dn started changing later on...
Re: Women And "50 Shades Of Grey" Men by baralatie(m): 10:38am On Jun 13, 2015
innervoice:
I have not read or seen Fifty Shades of Grey but BDSM is very different from abuse. While BDSM is based on trust and mutual agreement, abuse is not.
What is a hostile/abusive relationship and what are its characteristics!
Re: Women And "50 Shades Of Grey" Men by baralatie(m): 10:45am On Jun 13, 2015
dubylhover:
plssssssss.......christian grey to me wasnt abusive...if yu remember,he told anna what he wanted nd how he enjoyed sex..she even had to sign a consent form,so she knew what she was getting into...its not as if d guy was sweet at 1st dn started changing later on...
What do you feel about women who are in relationship in Nigerian where they are been beaten by their husbands,lost pregnancies and they say " I love my husband and we have great intimatic moments"
Re: Women And "50 Shades Of Grey" Men by Stillfire: 12:50pm On Jun 13, 2015
TV01:

You too?...I used to relentlessly devour M&B...all my early game was learned there... grin
TV

Lol, I'm surprised you did. Boys usually don't have the patience for such books from my experience, they would rather watch po.rn or look at some playboy mag. lipsrsealed No wonder they lack imagination on how to set the mood rolling. His imagination is limited to the awkward style he wants to squeeze the woman into. What a bore! undecided They don't get it when we talk about being ravishing in bed before you know it they will turn it to some sadistic abuse. *rolls eyes* With romance/erotica novels you make use of your imagination, you know what to say, how to set up the mood, what to grab, how to grab her etc.
Re: Women And "50 Shades Of Grey" Men by dubylhover(m): 1:01pm On Jun 13, 2015
baralatie:

What do you feel about women who are in relationship in Nigerian where they are been beaten by their husbands,lost pregnancies and they say " I love my husband and we have great intimatic moments"

are the women kids??were they forced??dont they have sense??dont they know right from wrong?? if after all dx abuse,the women still say dy love d man,den its dier own cup of tea,but it shudnt b likened to christian grey..thats out of context
Re: Women And "50 Shades Of Grey" Men by baralatie(m): 1:38pm On Jun 13, 2015
dubylhover:

are the women kids??were they forced??dont they have sense??dont they know right from wrong?? if after all dx abuse,the women still say dy love d man,den its dier own cup of tea,but it shudnt b likened to christian grey..thats out of context
I believe you should read the life story of Tina turner and her Husband Mr. Turner.
Another one the happened which was beeen scrubbed under the carpet is one ex gov saga.
Re: Women And "50 Shades Of Grey" Men by dubylhover(m): 1:54pm On Jun 13, 2015
baralatie:

I believe you should read the life story of Tina turner and her Husband Mr. Turner.
Another one the happened which was beeen scrubbed under the carpet is one ex gov saga.

its as if yu ar not understanding me..im not in support of abuse of any sort,be it marital or any other..i problem is linking it with christian grey...thats just my own
Re: Women And "50 Shades Of Grey" Men by baralatie(m): 2:00pm On Jun 13, 2015
[quote author=dubylhover post=34728430]

are the women kids??were they forced??

dont they have sense??

dont they know right from wrong??

if after all dx abuse,the women still say dy love d man,den its dier own cup of tea,

This cup of tea affects the society whether we like it or not.likeThink of it,we are fighting for girl child education,we are fighting against all manner of abuse,we are evening saying Nigerian should be romantic and we are saying 50 shades is an example of romanctic..................it negates everything good that women are fighting for.it makes everything problem they face completely legal.
Re: Women And "50 Shades Of Grey" Men by dubylhover(m): 2:02pm On Jun 13, 2015
[quote author=baralatie post=34730152][/quote]

hian...nawa oo...?pls dnt b annoyed,have yu watched d movie self?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Ultimate Source Of Black Women's Low Self Esteem And Insecurities / I Love My Husband,but I Am Loosing Trust. / Working Mums

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.