Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,775 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

Why Are The Nairaland Programmers Still Using Html 4 Coding...... - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why Are The Nairaland Programmers Still Using Html 4 Coding...... (1565 Views)

dot / Nairaland Programmers, Have You Seen This Sh** Am Speechless. / Message To Nairaland Programmers On Programming and Success (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are The Nairaland Programmers Still Using Html 4 Coding...... by Cutehector(m): 10:49pm On Jun 11, 2015
grin loool i just checked nairaland's page source and the whole html language is so complicated... Looks like a madhouse.. grin
Re: Why Are The Nairaland Programmers Still Using Html 4 Coding...... by Nobody: 7:17am On Jun 12, 2015
What do you expect them to use?
Re: Why Are The Nairaland Programmers Still Using Html 4 Coding...... by Cutehector(m): 7:19am On Jun 12, 2015
MisterNobody:
What do you expect them to use?
igbo language grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Nairaland Programmers Still Using Html 4 Coding...... by seunthomas: 7:31am On Jun 12, 2015
nairaland is probably built on top a cms framework. Also they probably use a CDN and minimize their code for speed.
Re: Why Are The Nairaland Programmers Still Using Html 4 Coding...... by Cutehector(m): 8:26am On Jun 12, 2015
seunthomas:
nairaland is probably built on top a cms framework. Also they probably use a CDN and minimize their code for speed.
alright am a newbie into web design. Studyn at w3schools.com
Re: Why Are The Nairaland Programmers Still Using Html 4 Coding...... by losprince(m): 11:23am On Jun 12, 2015
The only problem I had with viewing nl source code was that it had no spacing... dirty coders.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Nairaland Programmers Still Using Html 4 Coding...... by Cutehector(m): 1:10pm On Jun 12, 2015
losprince:
The only problem I had with viewing nl source code was that it had no spacing... dirty coders.
lol I swear, it just looks like a mad house...
Re: Why Are The Nairaland Programmers Still Using Html 4 Coding...... by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 12, 2015
losprince:

Hope you didn't have problem reading Facebook Source code sha?

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Nairaland Programmers Still Using Html 4 Coding...... by FincoApps(m): 5:42pm On Jun 12, 2015
cheesy =D Nairaland's source code is like a Billboard compared to Facebooks's source code grin grin grin
MisterNobody:

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Nairaland Programmers Still Using Html 4 Coding...... by Dmayor7(m): 6:50pm On Jun 12, 2015
Your observation is quite sound!...

Well, but i think they don't have time to go over and start recoding the whole thing... I just can't tell for sure why..

But meeeeen, html 5 is the new bang in town!

It is the FUTURE in web designing....

Cleaner coding...

Simple doctype....

Caching....

Audio and video support...

Just to mention but a few!..

Christ! You really need to read [url=w3programs.com/top-7-benefits-of-using-html5-over-html4/]TOP 7 BENEFITS OF USING HTML5 OVER HTML4[/url] to see for yourself.

[url=w3programs.com/top-7-benefits-of-using-html5-over-html4/]Html5[/url] combined with css3 is bomblast!

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Nairaland Programmers Still Using Html 4 Coding...... by losprince(m): 7:45pm On Jun 12, 2015
MisterNobody:

not at all

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Nairaland Programmers Still Using Html 4 Coding...... by Cutehector(m): 3:56am On Jun 13, 2015
Dmayor7:
Your observation is quite sound!...

Well, but i think they don't have time to go over and start recoding the whole thing... I just can't tell for sure why..

But meeeeen, html 5 is the new bang in town!

It is the FUTURE in web designing....

Cleaner coding...

Simple doctype....

Caching....

Audio and video support...

Just to mention but a few!..

Christ! You really need to read [url=w3programs.com/top-7-benefits-of-using-html5-over-html4/]TOP 7 BENEFITS OF USING HTML5 OVER HTML4[/url] to see for yourself.

[url=w3programs.com/top-7-benefits-of-using-html5-over-html4/]Html5[/url] combined with css3 is bomblast!
lol am gona definitely stumble upon the w3programs site

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Nairaland Programmers Still Using Html 4 Coding...... by tohero(m): 9:24am On Jun 13, 2015
Don't let us forget about browser support for html5. Though you can manoeuvre your way with extra codes but still does not applies to all.

Still, it is better to use html5 wisely now so that when browser support is very much widely supported it can easily be integrated to.
Re: Why Are The Nairaland Programmers Still Using Html 4 Coding...... by Dmayor7(m): 4:10pm On Jun 13, 2015
tohero:
Don't let us forget about browser support for html5. Though you can manoeuvre your way with extra codes but still does not applies to all.

Still, it is better to use html5 wisely now so that when browser support is very much widely supported it can easily be integrated to.

You can get away with the unsupported tags by putting the below code to your css...

header, nav, content, section, article, footer,
{display:block}
Re: Why Are The Nairaland Programmers Still Using Html 4 Coding...... by tohero(m): 5:56pm On Jun 14, 2015
Dmayor7:

You can get away with the unsupported tags by putting the below code to your css...

header, nav, content, section, article, footer,
{display:block}
Yea! Thanks for explicit stating that. That's my thought when I said ...
tohero:
it is better to use html5 wisely now so that when browser support is very much widely supported it can easily be integrated to.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Nairaland Programmers Still Using Html 4 Coding...... by virus04(m): 10:05pm On Jun 15, 2015
nairaland uses joomla
Re: Why Are The Nairaland Programmers Still Using Html 4 Coding...... by timotew: 1:41pm On Jun 16, 2015
Nairaland was build with SMF forum CMS, but it has under gone a whole lot of modifications for security,speed and user friendliness purposes.

The reason why you are seeing an ugly code is because,If you want your website to load faster you need to compress the source codes which is known a minify : you can read more here:http://www.codingsavvy.com/2015/05/how-scripts-images-and-css-minify-can.html
You will have two version of your website which is compressed and uncompressed, It is the compressed version that will be deployed to the web while the uncompressed version is useful for further updates and developments.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Nairaland Programmers Still Using Html 4 Coding...... by pelij18(m): 12:14am On Jun 17, 2015
virus04:
nairaland uses joomla
you should have said wordpress
Re: Why Are The Nairaland Programmers Still Using Html 4 Coding...... by Donkunxex(m): 7:05pm On Jun 18, 2015
pelij18:
you should have said wordpress
lmao

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Tech Whizkid CHRIS KWEKOWE Reveals Why He Turned Down Bill Gate's Offer / Irotvmobile App...used In Watching Cinemas Nollywood / Please We Need A Very Good Programmer/app Designer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.