Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,285 members, 7,807,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos (7760 Views)

My Trip To Owu Waterfall, Kwara State (photos) / My Trip To Kenya In Pictures / Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by fajigirl(f): 3:13pm On Jun 13, 2015
6packdude:
Nice, something about seeing "true" blue ocean other than the nonsense here.
Fajigirl, how much would you estimate as the cost of this trip for a week?

It depends on where u r setting off from Nigeria or Europe? purpose of your visit? if you will be visiting other islands or you will stay in just one island? and the type of accommodation and activities you would be interested in?

Our trip was the second leg of our holiday to Zanzibar in Tanzania so we saved in some areas and spent more money in other areas therefore, the cost won't be typical of those going directly to the Seychelles.

If you are serious i can help you sort out a package within your budget (if possible).
Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by 6packdude: 3:24pm On Jun 13, 2015
Oh I should clarify, I'm gonna be flying out from the U.S, specifically the east coast.
I'm not sure how the islands are connected but I'd imagine one island will be good enough for now.
Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by fajigirl(f): 3:54pm On Jun 13, 2015
6packdude:
Oh I should clarify, I'm gonna be flying out from the U.S, specifically the east coast.
I'm not sure how the islands are connected but I'd imagine one island will be good enough for now.

The Islands are not far from each other, the main ones are 1hr 15mins apart. Personally, i would recommend you visit Mahe and La Digue at the minimum. Accommodation cost vary wildly so i need to know your taste and budget before providing suggestions. Contact me via the contact page of my blog. Thanks.
Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by fajigirl(f): 10:14am On Jun 16, 2015
Tips for visiting the Seychelles now published! :-) if you want to find out anything else just ask me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by fajigirl(f): 2:33pm On Jun 16, 2015
justwise:
[/b]
You know exactly what I'm talking about.

@ Justwise and other travel moderators on Nairaland, I am beginning to feel unfairly treated and victimised on here. Tips and trip reports are not the same thing even if they are on the same country. There are several threads on countries like the UK on different topics why are they not closed and have just one thread for each country? I think you just have an issue with me having a blog and using Nairaland to showcase it too. I honestly do not know why you would have a problem with that. Would you ban a journalist from creating politics topics on your forum or even referencing their newspaper or job? My blog is not commercial it is a hobby I have for now and I like helping people plan their trips too. What is so wrong in me participating in the travel section of Nairaland?
Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by 19naia(m): 3:42pm On Jun 16, 2015
Seychelles is roughly in the same region as Mauritius.. After reviewing the two places, i would take a trip to Mauritius as my first choice.. Its bigger, affordable with just as much oceanic beauty, and Mauritius has quite a cultural blend of people.... Tropical Island life is quite nice once you get used to it.. I lived Ten years on Hawaii island and still have a place there...
Check out Mauritius people.. smiley
Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by justwise(m): 4:07pm On Jun 16, 2015
fajigirl:

@ Justwise and other travel moderators on Nairaland, I am beginning to feel unfairly treated and victimised on here. Tips and trip reports are not the same thing even if they are on the same country. There are several threads on countries like the UK on different topics why are they not closed and have just one thread for each country? I think you just have an issue with me having a blog and using Nairaland to showcase it too. I honestly do not know why you would have a problem with that. Would you ban a journalist from creating politics topics on your forum or even referencing their newspaper or job? My blog is not commercial it is a hobby I have for now and I like helping people plan their trips too. What is so wrong in me participating in the travel section of Nairaland?

So far you have two threads talking about two separate issues and that is allowed, you are allowed to referring your articles using your blog since that is the source of the article and i got no problem with that but i have problem when you keep referring people to your blog rather than having discussion here.

You started a thread about Seychelles and i expected you to discuss everything about Seychelles in that thread and not keep opening a new thread about Seychelles even when the previous one is not even a page long.

I don't have problem with your blog as long as you don't spam this section with it.
Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by fajigirl(f): 5:48pm On Jun 16, 2015
justwise:

So far you have two threads talking about two separate issues and that is allowed, you are allowed to referring your articles using your blog since that is the source of the article and i got no problem with that but i have problem when you keep referring people to your blog rather than having discussion here.
You started a thread about Seychelles and i expected you to discuss everything about Seychelles in that thread and not keep opening a new thread about Seychelles even when the previous one is not even a page long.
I don't have problem with your blog as long as you don't spam this section with it.
Ok thank you for clarifying. I will abide by the guideline provided.
Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by justwise(m): 9:16pm On Jun 16, 2015
fajigirl:

Ok thank you for clarifying. I will abide by the guideline provided.

Thanks for your understanding
Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by Afam4eva(m): 5:39pm On Jun 25, 2015
Seychelles and Mauritius are similar in a lot of ways. I like the way their beaches are. Very swimable. Unlike what we have here in Nigeria.
Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 25, 2015
fajigirl:

Actually I am more interested in meeting other travel enthusiasts. I have a facebook page to divert traffic to my blog.

Pay me salary and i will travel with you anywhere
Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by fajigirl(f): 11:51pm On Jun 25, 2015
So this weekend I'll be writing part 2 of my trip report on the Seychelles. I can't wait to close that chapter and write other trip reports! :-)

The trip report will include details of my memorable (and emotional) b-day, my trip to the Garden of Eden (if the legend is to be believed) and my favourite Island of the Seychelles.

I truly thank you all for the support. It is fun doing what I love and finding an equally fun way to share it with others. I just thank God for his blessings and for keeping a smile on my face.
Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by fajigirl(f): 7:17am On Jul 01, 2015
Hi all,

I have just published my final trip report on the Seychelles on my blog so please read and share. All feedback welcome.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Travelling Abroad With Large Sums / Open Letter To Governor Fayemi By Funmi Olagunju On Ikogosi Resort / How To Avoid, Survive Traffic Jams In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.