Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION (44574 Views)

Nairaland Ramadan Iftaar 2016 / NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 / Nairaland Ramadan Iftaar 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by Pelummy(f): 8:11pm On Jun 18, 2015
PureLady123:
No question yet?
scroll up
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by dejt4u(m): 8:12pm On Jun 18, 2015
PureLady123:
No question yet?
questions were posted few minutes after 5pm
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by jumper524(m): 8:13pm On Jun 18, 2015
Hopping to win tommorow
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by baba11(m): 8:29pm On Jun 18, 2015
1)Umm salamah

2) "Except those on the Right, (i.e. the pious true believers of Islâmic Monotheism);
In Gardens (Paradise) they will ask one another,
About Al-Mujrimûn (polytheists, criminals, disbelievers), (And they will say to them):
What has caused you to enter Hell?"
They will say: "We were not of those who used to offer the Salât (prayers)
Nor we used to feed Al-Miskin (the poor);
And we used to talk falsehood (all that which Allâh hated) with vain talkers
And we used to belie the Day of Recompense
"Until there came to us (the death) that is certain." Surah Al Mudhathir 74; 39- 47

3)Surah falaq,Nas and Inshirah

4)Al kitab

5)Al A'raf

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by Mammangaddafi(m): 8:44pm On Jun 18, 2015
1. UMMU SALMA

2. The people on the left(hell) will say ..I wish I have been more obedient to my creator and carry out my duty as a servant.

3. Alfurqan ), Alnoor((he light), Alkitab(the book), Alhuda(the guidance)

4. Suratul a'a raf

2 Likes

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by supremsuccess(m): 8:57pm On Jun 18, 2015
1)Umm salamah 2) "Except those on the Right, (i.e. the pious true believers of Islâmic Monotheism); In Gardens (Paradise) they will ask one another, About Al-Mujrimûn (polytheists, criminals, disbelievers), (And they will say to them): What has caused you to enter Hell?" They will say: "We were not of those who used to offer the Salât (prayers) Nor we used to feed Al-Miskin (the poor); And we used to talk falsehood (all that which Allâh hated) with vain talkers And we used to belie the Day of Recompense "Until there came to us (the death) that is certain." Surah Al Mudhathir 74; 39- 47 3)Surah Al-Israa 4)Al-Kitaab, Al-Furqaan, Al-Noor, Al-Huda, Al-Zikr 5)suratul bakara (3:24)
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by kheart(m): 9:12pm On Jun 18, 2015
Following
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by takleboy(m): 9:31pm On Jun 18, 2015
kheart:
Following

AlhamdulliLah, i am glad with the trend. Surely there is always learned ones amongs us.

@PassingShot @Phunsukhwangdu, quiz day 1 gone oo. You have zero point
I hope you will catch up.
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by Kazrem(m): 10:12pm On Jun 18, 2015
Now I know I am olodo grade 1. Nevertheless I will attempt some questions starting tomorrow In Sha Allah

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by rewescos(m): 6:09am On Jun 19, 2015
Assalam alaikum, wa ramatullah my Brodas & Sistas, Ramadan KAREEM!
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by baba11(m): 6:45am On Jun 19, 2015
Wizeboy:
As salam alaykum warahmotullahi wa barakaatuh

In order to make this year Ramadan more intriguing, educating, fulfilling and spiritually-filled period for all Muslims, Nairaland Muslim Community hereby present FIRST NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION, which will run throughout Ramadan from 1st to 29th Ramadan In Sha Allah.

There will be 5 questions on principles and practice of ISLAM, which will be posted for members to answer each day throughout the Ramadan period and each of the questions will attract 20points.

The points will be accumulated and the overall winners at the end of Ramadan will be rewarded as follows:

First Prize    -        N5,000.00 + PDF Islamic literatures

Second Prize  -    N3,000.00 + PDF Islamic literatures

Third Prize    -     N2,000.00 + PDF Islamic literatures

Fourth to Seventh Prize – Recharge Card of their preferred network

The Panel who will be in-charge of setting quiz and assessing the correct answers are as follows:

1.   Sissie
2.   Penmight
3.   Tbaba1234
4.   Wizeboy
5.   Teewhyraul

RULES FOR THE QUIZ COMPETITION

*   All Nairalanders’ Muslims are qualified to participate in the Quiz Competition

*   Questions will be posted by 5pm of each day and closes at 9.00pm

*   Points earned each day will be computed and person with the highest accumulated points will be declared the overall WINNER, second, third, etc respectively.

*   Answer to each question must be concise and straight to the point

*   Answer submitted should not be edited after 9.00pm each day.

The most important thing is for us (NAIRALAND MUSLIMS) to learn, educate, improve and make the most of the blessed month of Ramadan. May Allah in His mercy reward us hugely during this month. May Allah make it easy for us to do a lot of good deeds and abstain from evil. Ameen

@Sissie:Check the post above,it's explicitly stated there that entries/solutions to the quiz will be closed by 9:00pm not 8:00pm!

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by Sissie(f): 7:55am On Jun 19, 2015
baba11:

@Sissie:Check the post above,it's explicitly stated there that entries/solutions to the quiz will be closed by 9:00pm not 8:00pm!

Change in rules, sorry will edit it.
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by PhunsukhWangdu(m): 10:10am On Jun 19, 2015
takleboy:

AlhamdulliLah, i am glad with the trend. Surely there is always learned ones amongs us.

@PassingShot @Phunsukhwangdu, quiz day 1 gone oo. You have zero point
I hope you will catch up.

Ee yah thanks! Schedules are tight here bro! Can't make it with the quiz time interval!
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by Mbamally(m): 11:54am On Jun 19, 2015
ANSWERS

1. Hind bint Suhayl or Umm Salma

2. The people on the left will say.. I wish that I
had not been given my record; and that I had
never known how my account is! 'would that it
had been my end (dealth)! my wealth has not
availed me, my power (and arguments to defend
myself) have gone from me forever! I am robbed of all my authority.” (Q69: v25-29)

3. Surah Al-Israa, Surah Al-Tin, Surah Al-Ikhlas Surah Falaq and Suratul Nass

4. Al-Kitab, Al Zikr, Al Huda, Furqaan, Al Noor, As Shifaa, Ummul Kitab

5) Surah Al-A'raf (Q7, V206)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 4:37pm On Jun 19, 2015
I am in.

I miss yesterday question.
Patiently waiting for today's own.

It seems people copied from my thread '' The Distribution Of The Book Of Deeds'
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by Wizeboy(m): 5:02pm On Jun 19, 2015
ANSWERS TO RAMADAN DAY 1 (ONE) QUESTIONS

1) Which of the mother of the Believers is the daughter of Hudhayfah ibn Al-Mugheerah - (Umm Salama).

2) On the day of Resurrection a conversation will ensue between the people on the right hand and those on the left, it goes...........
( [Who will be] in gardens, questioning each other,
About the criminals,
[And asking them], "What put you into Saqar? (Hell)"
They will say, "We were not of those who prayed,
Nor did we used to feed the poor,
And we used to enter into vain discourse with those who engaged [in it],
And we used to deny the Day of Recompense,
Until there came to us the certainty(Death)). Surah Al-Muddaththir, ayats 40-47.

3) Abdullah ibn Mas'ud said "They are among the earliest and most beautiful Surahs and they are my treasure." Which Surahs was he referring to - (Surah Maryam and Surah Al-Isra).

4) What are the other names of the Qur’an according to the Qur’an itself?
Al-Furqaan, Al-Kitaab, Al-Zikr, Al-Noor, Al-Huda

5) In which Surah(chapter) do you find the first verse about Sajda(prostration).
Surah-al-Araaf, Verse 206

NOTE: Answers are bold below each question.

DAY 1 PARTICIPANTS' GRADES

Laykorn : 40

Ummfareedah : 52

Dejt4u : 65

DrNiyi4u : 55

Lanrexlan : 50

Baba11 : X

Mammangaddafi : X

supremsuccess : X

Mbamally : X

Note: Time of response is also taken into consideration, refer to guidelines.

X = Not graded due to posting their answer when the quiz time has lapsed.
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by baba11(m): 5:03pm On Jun 19, 2015
Sissie:

Change in rules, sorry will edit it.

....then the rules should take effect any day it's edited!
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by Wizeboy(m): 5:07pm On Jun 19, 2015
RAMADAN DAY 2 (TWO) QUESTIONS

1) What is the wisdom behind phased revelation of the Quran? What verse (s) of the Quran mentioned this?

2) What distinguishes the Qur'an from other revealed books?

3) Lexically, Qura'an means "that which is often recited", what is full definition of the Quran from the view of the Shariah?

4) What is "Naskh" , what is " Mansokh"? Give an example each.

5) "Wahy" (inspiration) is used in the Quran to capture different form of guidance from Allaah to His creatures. Mention a verse each to capture these?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by lanrexlan(m): 5:37pm On Jun 19, 2015
1)To strengthen the heart of the Prophet (Peace be upon him)
Verses to back it up
Al-Furqan [25:32]
And those who disbelieve say: "Why is not the Qur'ân revealed to him all at once?" Thus (it is sent down in parts), that We may strengthen your heart thereby. And We have revealed it to you gradually, in stages

Al-Isra [17:106]
And (it is) a Qur'ân which We have divided (into parts), in order that you might recite it to men at intervals. And We have revealed it by stages

2)The Qur'an is different from other books because the Quran is a full explanation of other revealed books and it is a criterion to justify the truth and falsify the lies therein.

Surah Al-Maeda 5:48

3)Qur'an according to sharia is a book that must be recited and followed in all every aspect.

4)Nashk and Manshookh means the Knowledge Of commandments that have subsequently been abrogated or changed. For example concerning alcohol, it was partially allowed in Al-Baqara 2:219 before being forbidden in Surah Al-Maeda 5:90 O you who believe! intoxicants (all kinds of alcoholic drinks), gambling, and Al-Ansâb, and Al¬Azlâm (arrows for seeking luck or decision) are an abomination of Shaitân's (Satan) handiwork. So avoid (strictly all) that (abomination) in order that you may be successful.

5) An-Nahl [16:68]
And your Lord inspired the bees , saying: "Take you habitations in the mountains and in the trees and in what they erect.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by luckman20(m): 5:55pm On Jun 19, 2015
Masha Allah for @lanrexlan

3 Likes

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by dejt4u(m): 6:08pm On Jun 19, 2015
Wizeboy:
RAMADAN DAY 2 (TWO) QUESTIONS

1) What is the wisdom behind phased revelation of the Quran? What verse (s) of the Quran mentioned this?
1. to strengthen the heart of Prophet Muhammad, Allah decreed; "And those who disbelieve say, 'Why was Qur'an not revealed to him all at once?' Thus (it is) that we may strengthen thereby your heart. And we have spaced it distinctly(recited it with distinct recitation)" Q25 Vs 32

2. Only the Quran is the original book sent. In the cae of others; their original copies were lost during the course of time, they were rewritten by human beings. Therefore, some additions and subtractions were made in the course of REVISION.. Quran has never been distorted

3) Lexically, Qura'an means "that which is often recited", what is full definition of the Quran from the view of the Shariah?
3. The Quran is the broadest sense is defined as Allah's words which were revealed in Arabic in a rhythmical form to Prophet Muhammad(peace be upon him). Its recitation is used in acts of worship and its smallest chapter(Surah) is of a miraculous nature. It is also referred to as Al-Kitab, Al-Furqaan, Al-Zikr, Al-Noor, and Al-Huda

4) What is "Naskh" , what is " Mansokh"? Give an example each.
[b]4. Naskh means ABROGATION
this refers to on Qur'anic verse superseding another, and is itself supported by Qur'anic verses and various hadith narations

Mansokh means THE ABROGATED

EXAMPLE: Q2 Vs 234 says; "Those of you who die and leave wives behind, they(their wives) shall await (as regards their marriage) for four months and ten days"

On the other hand, it was clearly stated in Q2 Vs 240 that; "Those of you who die and leave their wives(i.e widows) should bequeath for their wives, a year's maintenance and residence without turning them out, but if they leave(their residence) there is no blame on you for what they do with themselves, provided it is honourable(i.e lawful)"

So Allah entitled the widow to be bequeathed extra maintenance for 7 MONTHS AND 20 NIGHTS and that is the completion of one year. If she wished, she could stay (in her husband's home) according to the will, and she could leave it if she wished as Allah says! Without turning them out, but if they leave (the residence) there is no blame on you[/b]

5) "Wahy" (inspiration) is used in the Quran to capture different form of guidance from Allaah to His creatures. Mention a verse each to capture these?
5. "And your Lord inspired the bees , saying: "Take you habitations in the mountains and in the trees and in what they erect". An-Nahl Q16:Vs68

9 Likes

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by Mammangaddafi(m): 6:15pm On Jun 19, 2015
1. The wisdom behind it is to strongly record the events and situation that occurred at that time in the mind and heart of the holy prophet (S A W). (Alfurqan:32).

2. Unlike the quran, the authenticity of the other holy books were lost during the course of time.

3. According to the sharia'a, Quran is the holy book sent by Allah to prophet Muhammad (S A W) and serve as the primary source of islamic law.

4. Naskh means to correct a religious ruling through another religious ruling e.g Quran 2 v 180 was amended by suratul Nisai verse 7. MANSUKH is the amended verse. In the above example, suratul baqara is the mansukh.

5. Wahy in the Quran:
He Muhammad (S A W) does not speak out of his own fancy. This is no other than an INSPIRED revelation. He is taught by one who is mighty in power and vigorous (Q 53:1).

5 Likes

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by pushtani(m): 6:21pm On Jun 19, 2015
Really informative.....i 'd surely follow dis trend each day..
Kudos to the organizers and amaZing questions... :DReally informative.....i 'd surely follow dis trend each day..
Kudos to the organizers and amaZing questions...
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by Drniyi4u(m): 6:22pm On Jun 19, 2015
Bismillahi

1) Wisdom behind phased revelation of Quran

From suratul furqan, Q25, v32,
"And those who disbelieve say, "Why was Quran not revealed to him all at once?" Thus (it is) that we may strengthen thereby your heart. And we have spaced it distinctly"

The main reason is to strengthen the heart of the prophet. It also makes it easier to understand and memorize.

The original copies of the other revealed books were lost as years pass, thus making people re-writing them (probably with inclusion of superstition, and even falsehood), but Quran has never been re-written or modified, as Almighty Allah challenged men and jinns to produce the kind of it(Quran)
***Can't remember the actual verse

3) Full definition of the Quran from the view of the Shariah

Quran is the words of Allah, revealed to prophet Muhammad (saw) through angel Jibril, to serve as guidance and direction for humanity.

4) Naskh - one verse of Quran superseding over another verse. Both might (or might not) be backed by hadiith (probably because of the condition when the verses were revealed).
A perfect example of this is taunting of religion.

Mansokh - means to be obsolete or no longer useful. This occurs as a result of chronological order of revelation. A perfect example is the gradual prohibition of alcohol.

5) Wahy

From Suratul ash-shuraa, Quran 42, verse 51
"And it is not for any human being that Allah should speak to him except by revelation or from behind a partition or that He sends a messenger to reveal, by His permission, what He wills. Indeed, He is Most High and Wise."

It talks about how Allah(swt) used to communicate with the Holy prophet (saw)

Allahu 'alam!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by ankybaby2001(f): 6:42pm On Jun 19, 2015
zahra
question1).wisdom behind the revelation of the uran 17verse106,25verse32-33
question 2)it is the only book in its original form nd suits all generations both past,present ant future.
question3)it means to collect and recite
question4)Naskh means abrogation i.e to erasr a verse and mansokh refers to that which was abrogated i.e the abrogated
question5)quran53verse12
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by maryam6(f): 6:45pm On Jun 19, 2015
Maa sha Allah!cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by ibnjarir93(m): 6:58pm On Jun 19, 2015
Though I'm a devout muslim, I'm better off an observer on this thread.
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by bashbabe2: 7:10pm On Jun 19, 2015
MashaAllah
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by bashbabe2: 7:11pm On Jun 19, 2015
ibnjarir93:
Why is that brother?
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 7:28pm On Jun 19, 2015
ibnjarir93:
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by ibnjarir93(m): 7:30pm On Jun 19, 2015
bashbabe2:
Why is that brother?
Questions are difficult.

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by zeeziz(f): 7:52pm On Jun 19, 2015
JzK this was helpful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Friday Prayers Hold In Bauchi Mosques Despite COVID-19 Spread / 21-Year-Old Destroys Mosque In Jigawa (Pictures) / COVID-19: Imam Abubakar Sarki-Aminu Sacked For Canceling Congregational Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.