Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You - Education (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You (36185 Views)

Nursery School In Calabar Flogs Parents For Bringing Their Kids Late To School / The Risk Students Take In Warri To Get To School (Photo) / 12-Year-Old Girl Takes $20,000 To School In The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by Jonohjon: 5:14pm On Mar 02, 2009
Having read thru all the numerous responses to this thread, I want to say here that though as informative as it is , it can only be more detrimental to our social growth and development as a nation.
When are we as Nigerians going to start looking at one another first as fellow humans and secondly as a Nigerian?. And to the poster rather put in so much energy and research into feeding us with what I consider unproductive statistical information, that same effort and energy can be channelled into providing us with statistics on Nigerian student population, field of study and its corresponding growth rate
Am sure these figures will give more insight into nation building and how to go about such.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by Dede1(m): 10:14pm On Mar 02, 2009
@ kkk_ng

Please do not pay any mind to that misguided drone. The dude is a demented cock sucker. Even when it was fed to him that his/her assertion amounted to market women talks and lacking intellectual deductions, he still has the audacity to follow up ignorantly.

Even the jackass never bordered to check the fact about statement pointing to a trend that suggests statistics of almost first in anything academic, inventive genius and academic achievements usually trace their ways to south-eastern zone of Nigeria.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by Becomrrich: 10:25am On Mar 03, 2009
enugu state satellite picture. you would see that most part of enugu state have erosion problem. so it is difficult to build a house.

so the so call equity in zone is nonsense. it is not possible. and where are you

[img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/1995/enugu5.jpg][/img]
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by ADint(m): 3:20pm On Mar 03, 2009
Dede1:

@ kkk_ng

Please do not pay any mind to that misguided drone. The dude is a demented cock sucker. Even when it was fed to him that his/her assertion amounted to market women talks and lacking intellectual deductions, he still has the audacity to follow up ignorantly.

Even the jackass never bordered to check the fact about statement pointing to a trend that suggests statistics of almost first in anything academic, inventive genius and academic achievements usually trace their ways to south-eastern zone of Nigeria.

Are you unable to stand on your own without having to look for sentimental support. First in 'anything academic' does not translate to critical mass. Saying the Westeners have more graduates does not mean they are more intelligent or otherwise than the other regions, this was down to the earlier heavy investment that was made in education by the earlier govt. of the western region, the same way the Northerners have more soldiers in the military and will continue to do so for a long time to come.

Stop frothing and take a deep breath - health warning.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by Looklike2: 5:49pm On Mar 03, 2009
where did you get the data saying they have more graduate than us. ?
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by kkkng(m): 6:07pm On Mar 03, 2009
I don't know? Maybe they had from 1967 - 1979- Due to the civil war. WE had more than them from 1948 - 1966. And from 80's till date, we have overtaken and have remained on top and the gap is widening.

I'm working on some statistics that are more revealing and shocking, Stay tuned,
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by Looklike2: 6:22pm On Mar 03, 2009
you talk too much show me figure.

At least we can show you, Soludo , ngozi, duru, etc, this are our figures.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 04, 2009
What is the essence of this thread , the igbo's are more educated than the yoruba's . Have you put into consideration the quality of education invovled in both areas.
I served in Abia and I must say the kind of university students I met there were appalling.
And if you must know most of the igbo's who are considered well educated were taught in the yoruba states , it wouldn't be uncommon to see the best igbo students in the igbo areas speaking yoruba fluently.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by Finally: 3:34am On Mar 18, 2009
apocalypse:

What is the essence of this thread , the igbo's are more educated than the yoruba's . Have you put into consideration the quality of education invovled in both areas.
I served in Abia and I must say the kind of university students I met there were appalling.
And if you must know most of the igbo's who are considered well educated were taught in the yoruba states , it wouldn't be uncommon to see the best igbo students in the igbo areas speaking yoruba fluently.

Another stupid ass comment cheesy

I wonder why peeps are this dense undecided
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by osisi2(f): 3:42am On Mar 18, 2009
apocalypse:

This thread must pain you well well
so tay you won't let us "ear something hinside this hinternet" grin
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by kkkng(m): 11:51am On Mar 18, 2009

Can u speak any other language apart from yoruba? You see there are many Igbos who Speak more than 3 languages apart from English, what does it tell u. That these people are naturally ahead in learning and excellence, not stolen government money.

To many yorubas, there are only UI, OAU and Unilag, others are not schools. These same people are so educated that they cannot differentiate between Igbo names and other tribes - If you are not hausa or yoruba then you are Igbo, their ignorance of Nigeria, people of Nigeria will always make them think they have the best of Schools, education etal. They don't like competition - because Igbos have beaten in almost every area of endeavour, all they do is to hate and give Igbos bad names. I remember my lecturers in Yabatech and later in UI, always associating bad things with Igbos when they know there Igbos in their classes, and then good legacies with yorubas.

They should open their eyes and see the hand writing on the wall.

1 Like

Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by deb(m): 1:02pm On Mar 18, 2009
Can u speak any other language apart from yoruba? You see there are many Igbos who Speak more than 3 languages apart from English, what does it tell u. That these people are naturally ahead in learning and excellence, not stolen government money.

To many yorubas, there are only UI, OAU and Unilag, others are not schools. These same people are so educated that they cannot differentiate between Igbo names and other tribes - If you are not hausa or yoruba then you are Igbo, their ignorance of Nigeria, people of Nigeria will always make them think they have the best of Schools, education etal. They don't like competition - because Igbos have beaten in almost every area of endeavour, all they do is to hate and give Igbos bad names. I remember my lecturers in Yabatech and later in UI, always associating bad things with Igbos when they know there Igbos in their classes, and then good legacies with yorubas.

Another mediocre on nairaland
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by kkkng(m): 3:11pm On Mar 18, 2009
@ deb

Noted,
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by Afaukwu: 5:42pm On Mar 18, 2009
kkk_ng:

My brother, the people get case sha!. I have had cause to deal with some of them in the past and found them to be quite empty-headed. Please leave them to roast in their ignorance and self denial. I have also met intelligent ones among them, and they are usually those who have travelled beyond their natural boundaries.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by NadiaOk: 9:40am On Mar 19, 2009
Nigeria should be ashamed of itself. What ever happened to human rights and the freedom of choice and expression? Nigerian government wants to rule the hearts and minds of its citizens and this amounts to oppression for their large lgbtq community and heterosexuals. We’ve just seen the reemergence of Hitler’s Nazism in Nigeria and the UK, US and all self-respectable countries should cut off all aid and trade with Nigeria. How backwards! I know plenty of Nigerian gays and lesbians, people who work hard to make a living against that oppressive government. It will come to the point when the Anglican church is giving men, women, and children machetes to kill homosexuals, GENOCIDE! But they don’t know they will be killing their own children and parents. That is the break down of family values, what the church is doing, and if the pope were any God-fearing man he would educate himself and condemn Nigeria, too. As an English professor who understands the necessity of people to think and associate freely, I truly hope the world leaves Nigeria to live in its own squalor.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by grafikdon: 12:53pm On Mar 19, 2009
Typical gay pride Modus Operandi. You just smuggled your gay pride campaign into an Educational statistics thread. There are over 139 million  heterosexual Nigerians living under the oppressive government and all you care about are the insignificant number of homosexuals. Thousands of innocent Nigerians are slaughtered in the North by religious zealots and ethnic bigots for no reason other than their religious and ethnic affiliations, with no interference from the inept government and  all you care about is the fabricated ghastly tales of "Gay Genocide in Nigeria" by opportunists and irresponsible con men aimed at  either uninhibited entrance into the western world or free hard currency from gullible western sympathizers.

Some months ago, a young woman was stripped naked and  beaten to pulp by naval ratings. This incident had no connection to the victim's sexual preference. If you want more information, you can search for it. Before that horrible incident, a commercial motor bike operator was murdered in cold blood in broad daylight by a naval officer and like the young woman's predicament, it was unconnected to the murder victim's sexual orientation. There are thousands of similar cases all over the country.

1. Do you think the some of the illiterate armed robbers masquerading as the Nigerian  police care about your sexual orientation before they plant  bullets in your head for refusing to give them bribe?

2, Do you think the governors/senators/reps etc think about who wants  to have sex with anus or a cow before they divert about 90% of the funds meant for development into their pockets?

3. Do you think the armed robbers care about who wants to open a church for cow wedding and chicken wedding before they camp in your street for 12 hrs and have a field day relieving you of everything, including your soup pot, and sometimes using some women for "kola nut"?

If you are a Nigerian, I believe you should get more info. from people on the ground instead of relying on wikishitia and tabloids, if you are not Nigerian, I am afraid people like you make 419 thrive due to your penchant to swallow every tale hook, line, sinker, fisherman and fishing boat.

While we are on this subject, perhaps I should urge  well meaning Nigerians to strap bombs and blow the chit out of any western country that vehemently rejects polygamy or incarcerates anyone for practicing polygamy, no? Or is the acceptance of homosexuality the only measure of liberalism or civilization?
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by youngies(m): 3:58pm On Mar 19, 2009
grafikdon:

Typical gay pride Modus Operandi. You just smuggled your gay pride campaign into an Educational statistics thread. There are over 139 million heterosexual Nigerians living under the oppressive government and all you care about are the insignificant number of homosexuals. Thousands of innocent Nigerians are slaughtered in the North by religious zealots and ethnic bigots for no reason other than their religious and ethnic affiliations, with no interference from the inept government and all you care about is the fabricated ghastly tales of "Gay Genocide in Nigeria" by opportunists and irresponsible con men aimed at either uninhibited entrance into the western world or free hard currency from gullible western sympathizers.

Some months ago, a young woman was stripped naked and beaten to pulp by naval ratings. This incident had no connection to the victim's sexual preference. If you want more information, you can search for it. Before that horrible incident, a commercial motor bike operator was murdered in cold blood in broad daylight by a naval officer and like the young woman's predicament, it was unconnected to the murder victim's sexual orientation. There are thousands of similar cases all over the country.

1. Do you think the some of the illiterate armed robbers masquerading as the Nigerian police care about your sexual orientation before they plant bullets in your head for refusing to give them bribe?

2, Do you think the governors/senators/reps etc think about who wants to have sex with anus or a cow before they divert about 90% of the funds meant for development into their pockets?

3. Do you think the armed robbers care about who wants to open a church for cow wedding and chicken wedding before they camp in your street for 12 hrs and have a field day relieving you of everything, including your soup pot, and sometimes using some women for "kola nut"?

If you are a Nigerian, I believe you should ask more questions from people on the ground instead of relying on wikichitia and tabloids, if you are not Nigerian, I am afraid that people like you make 419 thrive due to your penchant to swallow every tale hook, line, sinker, fisherman and fishing boat.

While we are on this subject, perhaps I should urge well meaning Nigerians to strap bombs and blow the chit out of any western country that vehemently rejects polygamy or incarcerates anyone for practicing polygamy, no? Or is the acceptance of homosexuality the only measure of liberalism or civilization?

If I were this pro-faggotsy Professor, the bolded part must not go un-noticed. It should be printed and pasted on the walls of his gay bedroom. Nuff said.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by Mekusxyz: 10:26pm On Dec 31, 2009
This is a good anlysis of the JAMB data
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by nwabobo: 2:34am On Feb 24, 2011
Mekusxyz:

This is a good anlysis of the JAMB data

It couldn't have been better analysed.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by nwabobo: 2:36am On Feb 24, 2011
Afaukwu:
But wait, in the next segment when the 2006 population census will be analyzed, the reader will be in for more shocker; the 2006 population census has Oyo State as the most populated State in the South-West outside Lagos, with a population of 5,591,581, while the most populated state in the South-East is Anambra State with a total population of 4,182,032. However in 2007 JAMB admissions, Anambra State recorded a total of 8,725 in admissions while Oyo State had 3,788….I am crunching the numbers.

Interesting shocked shocked shocked
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by UncleJJ(m): 5:44pm On Apr 27, 2011
Gay, who is talking about gay people in Nigeria,

Please, we only like women that like men and men that like women.

Not the other way around, confused,sick and disgusting S .0.B'z,

wahala dey!
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by nwabobo: 8:01pm On Apr 29, 2011
edited, wrong thread.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by ZnO: 8:18pm On Jun 24, 2011
Correct grin grin
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by nwabobo: 8:44pm On Jun 24, 2011
ZnO:

Correct grin grin

Na today? e don tay na!
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by htajz: 9:37pm On Jun 24, 2011
hmmm just seeing this thread for the first time, no comment yet
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by aribisala0(m): 10:09am On Jun 26, 2011
it is not how many forge results or cheat to get in but how many come out look at the LAW SCHOOL & NYSC data that is more important
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by nwabobo: 10:13am On Jun 26, 2011
aribisala0:

it is not how many forge results or cheat to get in but how many come out look at the LAW SCHOOL & NYSC data that is more important

Please, kindly provide us with the data in bold above or forever remain silent.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by aribisala0(m): 10:14am On Jun 26, 2011
look at registration data for  NMDC,ICAN and other professional bodies some states have a remarkable capacity to gain admission but fail to graduate ,why?
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by aribisala0(m): 10:16am On Jun 26, 2011
find out if you want to know, ask your mother
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by nwabobo: 10:19am On Jun 26, 2011
aribisala0:

find out if you want to know, ask your mother

I should hv asked you to ask your dad but it's quite a pity the man you believe to be your dad is not your real dad. Ask your mother to tell you the truth.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by aribisala0(m): 10:24am On Jun 26, 2011
you are borrowing another's line .hard to generate your own.?

sorry you can't borrow a brain.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by hollandis(f): 10:41am On Jun 26, 2011
Na by to go school If we like ,let the whole Nigerians get admission.We will continually lag behind ,as long as you are schooling in Nigeria,you can never be a world changer

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Nigerian Students Threatened With Expulsion By Ukrainian Universities Cry Out / Zanku Leg Work Crashes University Of Ibadan As Stage Collapses / Nigerian Lecturers Spend Tetfund Research Grants On Cars, Houses – Tetfund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.