Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,087 members, 7,807,245 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You - Education (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You (36183 Views)

Nursery School In Calabar Flogs Parents For Bringing Their Kids Late To School / The Risk Students Take In Warri To Get To School (Photo) / 12-Year-Old Girl Takes $20,000 To School In The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by aribisala0(m): 10:28pm On Jun 26, 2011
sandwich proramme,part-time distance learning

you think NYSC BUDGET is unlimited
you beat me? you are mistakin me for someone else i dont do the we versus you thing.

again you are quite daft.that data is based on self-report survey i assume you know what that is.

but i am not doing the competition thing anyway.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by ZnO: 10:37pm On Jun 26, 2011
aribisala0:

you think NYSC BUDGET is unlimited
you beat me? you are mistakin me for someone else i dont do the we versus you thing.

again you are quite daft.that data is based on self-report survey i assume you know what that is.

but i am not doing the competition thing anyway.

Olodo:
NYSC and JAMB admission data are based on self-report survey? You mean those offices do not have direct first-hand data of their activities? Did you look at the source of the data that you posted? You are a bigger fo-ol than I thought. You are the one who posted the link, not me. And, yes, I beat you now, as always.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by ZnO: 10:39pm On Jun 26, 2011
lol

Now you are clutching at straw, really.

Anyways, what is the overall measure of education and claims to it thereof? It is the literacy level (before you begin to break it down to its components). Do we, or do we not beat you there?
The only place you made an impact is in the college of education data. But we know that few NIGERIANS want to be teachers.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by aribisala0(m): 10:43pm On Jun 26, 2011
who is we and you i do not represent anyone. you are the tribal champpion. i am taking issue with you personally and the rubbish you are writing .if you really want to make any victory claims these data are the wrong tool.

self-report survey i assume you know what that is
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by ZnO: 10:46pm On Jun 26, 2011
aribisala0:

who is we and you i do not represent anyone. you are the tribal champpion. i am taking issue with you personally and the rubbish you are writing .if you really want to make any victory claims these data are the wrong tool.

self-report survey i assume you know what that is

NYSC and JAMB info are true data from facts, not self-report survey as is the case with most of the other data in your link.
You do not engage in tribalism but you are here arguing against facts because they do not favor your ethnic group? Na waoh! I see you attended Ijebu jesha university. lol
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by aribisala0(m): 10:47pm On Jun 26, 2011
well jamb admit 60000 out of 400000 admissions are you brain dead? in some years 700000
look i am not wasting my time you are dullard!
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by aribisala0(m): 10:51pm On Jun 26, 2011
actually i do not see the facts favouring anyone. you look for the igbo angle i see a high drop out rate that is a more important observation.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by ZnO: 10:55pm On Jun 26, 2011
aribisala0:

actually i do not see the facts favouring anyone. you look for the igbo angle i see a high drop out rate that is a more important observation.

Igbo has high drop-out rate how?
Compare actual admission (not application) with graduation, but you have no data for graduation; so where is dropping out coming from? Men this guy na real agutan (sheep)

Again, not all who apply are admitted due to limited space: How many times do I have to repeat that?
If you apply and not admitted, how is that drop-out?
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by aribisala0(m): 10:56pm On Jun 26, 2011
compare jamb with federal ministry of education data.there really is nothing for anyone with half a brain to celebrate even less for degree holders with roomy heads like yours.you were defrauded
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by ZnO: 10:58pm On Jun 26, 2011
Your ministry of education data is mainly on primary and secondary, not so? We are talking about higher education. Mumu.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by ZnO: 11:00pm On Jun 26, 2011
Of what use is primary and secondary education in Nigeria (or anywhere for that matter) if you do not use it for further studies?
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by aribisala0(m): 11:00pm On Jun 26, 2011
where did i mention igbo? is that all you think? if you have a high admission rate and drop out rates are high then figure that one out . please show me how many times i use the word igbo
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by ZnO: 11:03pm On Jun 26, 2011
Where is the university drop-out rate data?
Show me that data
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by aribisala0(m): 11:03pm On Jun 26, 2011
at any rate we assume that if people write anambra on their jamb form they are igbo .they may not be
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by ZnO: 11:04pm On Jun 26, 2011
aribisala0:

at any rate we assume that if people write anambra on their jamb form they are igbo .they may not be

And those who claim Ondo/Oyo/Ekiti/Osun/Ogun are Ondo/Oyo?
But those who claim Igbo may not be.

Hhahahahahah! You are deep in shyte, I swear.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by ZnO: 11:05pm On Jun 26, 2011
You are a self-denying tribalist. Today you have met me in your match.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by aribisala0(m): 11:10pm On Jun 26, 2011
call me what you like.
you are just not very bright. believe me if you had brains i would engage you but not on tribalism.

from this our exchange you might learn a few but me i gain nothing. you see the world from an incredible angle and really i am wasting my time.
bye
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by ZnO: 11:13pm On Jun 26, 2011

Not so fast, dude:
Why would anyone not from Igboland claim Anambra (or other Igbo states) for university admission purposes when no Igbo state is considered educationally disadvantaged and are, in fact, cheated of federal funding?

Also, provide data on the university drop-out rate that you so easily allude to.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by nwabobo: 12:39am On Jun 27, 2011
aribisala0:

call me what you like.
you are just not very bright. believe me if you had brains i would engage you but not on tribalism.

from this our exchange you might learn a few but me i gain nothing. you see the world from an incredible angle and really[b] i am wasting my time.
bye[/b]

Aribisala finally buried. RIP olodo!
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by ebere1712: 3:07am On Jun 27, 2011
We should stop beating our chests and make sure our education sector is up to speed. Private schools are springing up in Nigeria, they should be encouraged to succeed so that everybody that wants to go to universities can do so. Jamb examination is a grossly inappropriate way of testing intelligence and knowledge. It involves a lot of memorising. Memorising a whole bunch of books don't make you smart, in fact it shows that you are stupid. Nigeria education is nothing to write home about(am sorry to say). If I had my way I would encourage well paid apprenticeship and skills training and leave universities for those who really want to go. We cant keep deceiving ourselves, uneducated traders make more money than university graduates in Nigeria. We need a well conscripted and planned out apprentice scheme in Nigeria. With the advent of Internet, people can learn by themselves. We don't need to build gigantic structures as universities. After all the more university graduate you churn out, the less worth the university degree would have (especially if it is combined with zero wealth creation). So stop deceiving yourselves guys, we are our own problems. Things like widespread traineeships in metallurgy, cnc and tool making, carpentry, modern farming techniques, casting, mining; would have more wide ranging effect on our economy than a million electrical engineers with no jobs. Please let us work together to make sure the dummies in power implement the best policies that would work for us. Dont we even tired of all this rigmarole. All those ones that went to the most prestigious oau, unn and co; what do they have to show for it? at the very best they have a house that runs a generator 24/7, making a lot of noise and poisoning him/her. Nigerians wake up. We either do our chests while majority of us are suffering or we work together and make a difference. Money knows no color, ethnicity, or religion. Unfortunately poverty does.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by lagcity(m): 4:45am On Jun 27, 2011
abeg. why do Igbo ppl always compare themselves to Yoruba when Yoruba don't give a poo? you ppl really need help for your self esteem issues. it reminds me of how Ghanaians compare themselves to Nigerians in every way.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by aribisala0(m): 5:23am On Jun 27, 2011
nwabobo:

Aribisala finally buried. RIP olodo!

your mother and father will not RIP.They will haunt you,your children and your business
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by aribisala0(m): 5:28am On Jun 27, 2011
ZnO:

NYSC and JAMB info are true data from  facts, not self-report survey as is the case with most of the other data in your link.
You do not engage in tribalism but you are here arguing against facts because they do not favor your ethnic group? Na waoh! I see you attended Ijebu jesha university. lol

we are talking about literacy.mumu
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by aribisala0(m): 5:30am On Jun 27, 2011
ZnO:

Olodo:
NYSC and JAMB admission data are based on self-report survey? You mean those offices do not have direct first-hand data of their activities? Did you look at the source of the data that you posted? You are a bigger fo-ol than I thought. You are the one who posted the link, not me. And, yes, I beat you now, as always.

literacy.ewure
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by chino11(m): 10:50pm On Jan 22, 2012
Ezi okwu. This is true. Yorubas and their busy body sef, empty heads.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by Chinyxboy(m): 11:03pm On Jan 22, 2012
Greet info man. This is really wonderful and a heart sourced information. From the charts, i undertood that the number of University Admission into Nigerian Universities keeps on increasing. That is why JAMB keeps on recording a large and increase of Nigerian Universities Admission Seekers. This also shows that we love Education in our country. Greet info once again.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by AjanleKoko: 10:24am On Jan 23, 2012
I would not be too quick to dispute the figures. Most of the arguments I see here are sentimental.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by AjanleKoko: 11:11am On Jan 23, 2012
^^
Okay, no post modification. But statistics aside, I think more people from the SE and SS are going to school, much more than Yoruba. Shoot me, but that's what I think.
I had an argument with a colleague sometime back, regarding marginalization. We were 13 people attending a meeting, and I realized that every single colleague at the meeting was Yoruba, including myself. Now that would infer that Yorubas are more educated, hence have more jobs, right? Hardly, in my view. Just because most of the big companies are located in the South-West, they will tend to employ more SW people, who will also tend to recommend people they know from the SW. If Enugu or Calabar was the capital of Nigeria, the reverse would have been the case.

For some funny reason, federal character tends to not favour the SE and SS. I'm not even sure it favours anybody anyway - just the government job-men who benefit from contracts and patronage. I would not be too quick to knock the figures, and I couldn't be bothered less by it. Let the SW people send their children to school if they feel bad about it. Shikena. And for the SE and SS people . . . they should make it count, particularly in the political landscape. I think right now they are not making it count.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by Chidor6(m): 10:09pm On Jan 24, 2012
igbo, yoruba, SE OR SW, we're all in the same deep shyte, 9ja undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by patrick89(m): 7:34pm On Feb 04, 2012
Gud statistics! I hope u blind tribalist will learn
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by nanos: 2:19pm On Mar 31, 2012
Again Imo, Delta and Anambra leads.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by rhymz(m): 8:55am On Jul 03, 2012
This statistics is representative of certain facts that propaganda has consistently tried to hide. I have argued many times with my SW friends over this issue even when it is so glaring for them to see. All one needs to do is to go to many of the Universities in the SW to see the sizeable number of Easterners, especially the Igbos, yet they so adamantly still believe that a majority of the Igbo tribe is a market-full of uneducated traders and all.
Just two days ago, I was having a conversation with a Yoruba corper friend from Ekiti state, he was just going on and on about the number of professors in the state, how in spite of their degrees they still willingly go to farm bla bla. . . And I was like mehn, "I can't imagine a professor in my state, Imo state worrying about physically planting and harvesting in his farm when he can easily employ labourers for that while he busies himself with more profitable and intellectual stuff. The guy just cut me off and went into this misguided tales of how an average Igbo person will rather trade than go to school when he sensed that I was going to puncture his soufflé, he tried be charitable by spining this hypothesis of their business prowess, blablabla, a subtle attempt at insult. . I just felt it was unneccessary arguing with him as it was obvious he was clueless and was voicing the mumbo-jumbo many unexposed SW students like him vomit all the time in defence for a bragging right. What he failed to understand is that all aound him are Igob corpers, we make up a majority of the corpers serving in the LGA. Funny indeed!
Thesame failing streak to see the obvious I have seen again amongst many of them here on NL, only the exposed few have been bold enough to be fair and unbias in their analysis and argument.
Instead of some of my SW brothers to
step up their game, they are busy tryingso hard to defend the indefensible and finding the faults or reasons to dismiss the statistics.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Nigerian Students Threatened With Expulsion By Ukrainian Universities Cry Out / Zanku Leg Work Crashes University Of Ibadan As Stage Collapses / Nigerian Lecturers Spend Tetfund Research Grants On Cars, Houses – Tetfund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.