Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,842 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 (68951 Views)

How To Upgrade Innjoo ONE 3G To Lollipop 5.1 / How To Flash Your Android Phone Free Without Going To Engineers / How To Upgrade Infinix Hot Note To Lollipop 5.1 [hot Thread] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Kurupt01: 10:08pm On Jun 12, 2015
Due to request by the gods from the Jiayu Whatsapp group am creating a thread to help those who are yet to upgrade their Jiayu S3 to 5.1 .

Disclaimer I am not responsible for any damage . Ask your questions I will try to respond to them ASAP.

First things first install MTK USB Vcom drivers.

For PC running windows 7 use Adb driver installer. (Google it).

For Windows 8 and above Microsoft has restricted Unsigned drivers installations so first disable driver verification on windows 8- 10.

Go to PC Settings from the Start menu >> Update and Recovery >> Recovery.

Under Advanced Startup, click on Restart Now.

Your PC will do a kind of reboot and go to a blue Choose an option screen. Click on Troubleshoot (refresh or reset your PC or use advanced tools) >> Advanced Options >> Startup Settings (change windows startup behaviour) >> Restart.

Your PC will now restart and go to yet another blue screen with 10 options. Press 7 or F7 on your keyboard to select Disable driver signature enforcement.

Your computer will auto restart again and then you can now proceed with the installation of Mediatek's Preloader USB VCOM driver

Go to Device Manager >> Action >> Add Legacy Hardware

Select Install the hardware that I manually select from a list and click Next >>> Select Show All Devices and hit Next

In the next screen, click on Have Disk in the bottom right corner and then navigate to the drivers you extracted to your computer.

The drivers are located in the Windows 7 folder. For 64 bit PC choose usb2ser_Win764.inf and for 32 bit PC make use of usb2ser_Win7.inf then click OK

Once the driver loads, select MediaTek Preloader USB VCOM Port in the next screen and click on next.

An error in red that says Windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software will pop up. Select Install this driver anyway and the installation of the MediaTek Preloader driver will start.

Now you can proceed to flashing your MTK based Android phone with ease using SP Flash Tool.

After successful installation, I got the error – This device cannot start. (Code 10)
simply ignored them as and run SP Flash Tool

To upgrade to lollipop is quite straight forward. After successfully installing Vcom drivers next download and extract Smart Phone flash tools (latest version) . also download and extract the lollipop Rom .

Open flash_tool.exe a prompt dialog with display alerting you that there is no scatter file, click OK

Select scatter loading file>>> next navigate to the location of the extracted Rom open and then select the Android Scatter file it will be the only file there.

Goto option >>> connection >>> High-speed.

Select Firmware Upgrade from the drop down option and click download.

Now connect your switched off Jiayu S3 via USB cable. Wait for the process to complete you'll see OK

Backup you phone data and maybe even create a Nandroid backup in case you decide to revert back to KitKat ( I wonder who would)

Link to Jiayu S3 5.1 : https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1ZCUZBU0lhXY01GMlJNZnpuY1E/edit

VCOM .zip - https://www.dropbox.com/s/53zvuti4lo8f72j/VCOM%20drivers.zip?dl=0

Recovery TWRP: https://mega.co.nz/#!2sRUTI5L!4XTPjt7RBEiw8R5aKfiG8HvuiRkT7O8Q29q3kcCxP8U

Gapps : link down, use the one @dljbd1 dropped

Update SU : http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu

[/b] VCOM link updated thanks to @Zannx for pointing it out [b]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 11:20pm On Jun 12, 2015
Should I say 1st to comment grin
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Kurupt01: 11:27pm On Jun 12, 2015
dljbd1:
Should I say 1st to comment grin

LOL sure boss. I was just about to share the link to your post "The official Jiayu S3 thread"
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 12:01am On Jun 13, 2015
Kurupt01:

LOL sure boss. I was just about to share the link to your post "The official Jiayu S3 thread"

Mehn...this is awesome. Thanks for the tutorials as you promised.

A quick question, I use a win7 64bit system. Do I still need to install the Mediatek's Preloader USB VCOM driver
? I already have Adb driver.

Thanks
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Nobody: 12:28am On Jun 13, 2015
Second to comment..

1 Like

Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 3:38am On Jun 13, 2015
Did it at last.... cool

So proud of myself mehn grin

Oya...next procedure is how to flash playstore, superuser, and the recovery.

Really grateful mehn cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Kurupt01: 5:55am On Jun 13, 2015
dljbd1:

Mehn...this is awesome. Thanks for the tutorials as you promised.

A quick question, I use a win7 64bit system. Do I still need to install the Mediatek's Preloader USB VCOM driver
? I already have Adb driver.

Thanks

I saw you've already rectified this grin.... for others you can just install the Vcom drivers using the procedure but no need to disable drivers verification
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Kurupt01: 6:24am On Jun 13, 2015
dljbd1:
Did it at last.... cool

So proud of myself mehn grin

Oya...next procedure is how to flash playstore, superuser, and the recovery.

Really grateful mehn cheesy

Extract the downloaded recovery, open SP flash tools, click on load scatter loading files >>> select Android_Scatter file after it loads unselect all, then click on the recovery box>>> navigate to the extracted recovery image >>> hit download

Then connect your switched off phone.

Now you've sucssfully flashed TWRP for lollipop , next via recovery click on install >>> navigate to the location of the downloaded Gapps from the link above>>> swipe to instal. Same for SU , install the update zip from the link above . and you're good to go
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Nobody: 7:10am On Jun 13, 2015
Appreciated boss, but u forget to mention whether it's S3 two gig ram or S3 advance(3gig) ram cos they're not same
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Nobody: 7:15am On Jun 13, 2015
[quote author=Kurupt01 post=34711755]

Appreciated boss, but u forget to mention whether it's S3 two gig ram or S3 advance(3gig) ram cos they're not same
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Lordaweezy: 9:06am On Jun 13, 2015
Need help....after I installed vcom it didn't read mY phone on connection I also have PDA.net installed...hope its not the one affecting it

P.S I use win 8.1 and have already disable the verification
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 9:15am On Jun 13, 2015
Kurupt01:

Extract the downloaded recovery, open SP flash tools, click on load scatter loading files >>> select Android_Scatter file after it loads unselect all, then click on the recovery box>>> navigate to the extracted recovery image >>> hit download

Now you've sucssfully flashed TWRP for lollipop , next via recovery click on install >>> navigate to the location of the downloaded Gapps from the link above>>> swipe to instal. Same for SU , install the update zip from the link above . and you're good to go
Awesome! I'm so on it mehn
Thank you
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Kurupt01: 9:24am On Jun 13, 2015
[quote author=melya post=34718873][/quote]

The procedure is for both versions
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Kurupt01: 9:25am On Jun 13, 2015
Lordaweezy:
Need help....after I installed vcom it didn't read mY phone on connection I also have PDA.net installed...hope its not the one affecting it

P.S I use win 8.1 and have already disable the verification

Uninstall the PDA.net, disable driver verification, install Vcom drivers. Viola you're good to go
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Lordaweezy: 9:41am On Jun 13, 2015
Kurupt01:

Uninstall the PDA.net, disable driver verification, install Vcom drivers. Viola you're good to go

Can vcom drivers also read mtk droid tools??
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Kurupt01: 9:42am On Jun 13, 2015
Lordaweezy:

Can vcom drivers also read mtk droid tools??

Sure
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 9:57am On Jun 13, 2015
Kurupt01:

Gapps link not loading
SU link is ok.

Gapps for lollipop - http://downloadandroidrom.com/file/gapps/5.1/gapps-L-4-21-15.zip
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Lordaweezy: 10:21am On Jun 13, 2015
Kurupt01:

Sure

Thanks I'll get back to you
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 1:17pm On Jun 13, 2015
Alright, I'm glad to inform the members of the public that I have successfully ported to lollipop thanks to the bravery Kurupt01 who was, as far as I can remember, the 1st to attempt the transition. I can't forget the likes of initialize, Stancity, and a host of others who I met on the whatsapp group (Kingsley, Aigbe, Emperor, etc). Sadly, I don't have their NL username, I would cc them. Thank you all...you guys are the best. Oh....hw can I forget Necky grin

Now about the lollipop...so far I've not noticed any bug. Wifi, bluetooth, camera (which is amazingly clearer than KK IMO), and sound all seem to be working fine.

I'll keep observing and drop updates on my experience.

Finally, thanks. smiley

4 Likes

Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Stancity(m): 1:49pm On Jun 13, 2015
e
dljbd1:
Alright, I'm glad to inform the members of the public that I have successfully ported to lollipop thanks to the bravery Kurupt01 who was, as far as I can remember, the 1st to attempt the transition. I can't forget the likes of initialize, Stancity, and a host of others who I met on the whatsapp group (Kingsley, Aigbe, Emperor, etc). Sadly, I don't have their NL username, I would cc them. Thank you all...you guys are the best. Oh....hw can I forget Necky grin

Now about the lollipop...so far I've not noticed any bug. Wifi, bluetooth, camera (which is amazingly clearer than KK IMO), and sound all seem to be working fine.

Finally, thanks. smiley
Confirmed.. Thats ma boi Ade.. All my efforts to bring you up wasnt in vain..

3 Likes

Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Kurupt01: 3:39pm On Jun 13, 2015
dljbd1:
Alright, I'm glad to inform the members of the public that I have successfully ported to lollipop thanks to the bravery Kurupt01 who was, as far as I can remember, the 1st to attempt the transition. I can't forget the likes of initialize, Stancity, and a host of others who I met on the whatsapp group (Kingsley, Aigbe, Emperor, etc). Sadly, I don't have their NL username, I would cc them. Thank you all...you guys are the best. Oh....hw can I forget Necky

Finally, thanks. smiley

Emperor = Kurupt01 grin. There is front camera bug . it shows red angry
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Valentinooo: 5:09pm On Jun 13, 2015
So na Ade be dljbd1?
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 5:15pm On Jun 13, 2015
Valentinooo:
So na Ade be dljbd1?
lolz....
this is admin. grin
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by initialize(m): 7:39pm On Jun 13, 2015
dljbd1:

Finally, thanks. smiley

Wtf
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Stancity(m): 8:48pm On Jun 13, 2015
initialize:

Wtf
Not again embarassed
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by initialize(m): 9:15pm On Jun 13, 2015
Stancity:
Not again embarassed

I was speaking as Ade.... He's wtf
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Valentinooo: 9:16pm On Jun 13, 2015
Stancity pls ban initialize for typing wtf here
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Stancity(m): 10:12pm On Jun 13, 2015
Valentinooo:
Stancity pls ban initialize for typing wtf here
Lol... I will let the mods knw...
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by initialize(m): 11:05pm On Jun 13, 2015
Stancity:
Lol... I will let the mods knw...

Wtf
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by swisscarter(m): 6:07am On Jun 14, 2015
Lol what initialise meant by "Wtf" was that dljbd1 said he "Port" an android 5.0 ROM....AND NO ONE CAN PORT AN ANDROID 5.0 ROM..YOU CAN ONLY BUILD FROM SCRATCH/CREATE YOURS ONLY THROUGH GOOGLE AOSP LOLLIPOP SOURCE CODES OR CYANOGEN SOURCE...... angry
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Kurupt01: 3:26pm On Jun 14, 2015
swisscarter:
Lol what initialise meant by "Wtf" was that dljbd1 said he "Port" an android 5.0 ROM....AND NO ONE CAN PORT AN ANDROID 5.0 ROM..YOU CAN ONLY BUILD FROM SCRATCH/CREATE YOURS ONLY THROUGH GOOGLE AOSP LOLLIPOP SOURCE CODES OR CYANOGEN SOURCE...... angry

Lol Swiss that's like dljbd1 trademark in Jiayu group
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by swisscarter(m): 6:21pm On Jun 14, 2015
Kurupt01:

Lol Swiss that's like dljbd1 trademark in Jiayu group
eh you say??.....I they come make I go check....heheheheheheh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) / See Ntel Data Plans: Bundle Sizes, Prices And Supported Devices / Airtel Free Call Codes [100minutes Free]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.