Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 (69008 Views)

How To Upgrade Innjoo ONE 3G To Lollipop 5.1 / How To Flash Your Android Phone Free Without Going To Engineers / How To Upgrade Infinix Hot Note To Lollipop 5.1 [hot Thread] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Stancity(m): 7:07pm On Jun 14, 2015
swisscarter:
eh you say??.....I they come make I go check....heheheheheheh
Check whr
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by swisscarter(m): 8:27pm On Jun 14, 2015
Stancity:
Check whr
jiayu th...r...............in fact why I reply..... angry
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Stancity(m): 9:26pm On Jun 14, 2015
swisscarter:
jiayu th...r...............in fact why I reply..... angry
Lol.. Weed
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by swisscarter(m): 10:03pm On Jun 14, 2015
Stancity:
Lol.. Weed
he he he he he he he he...I talk am...that old woman they put weed inside my Cowbell milk angry angry angry angry angry
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Stancity(m): 11:36pm On Jun 14, 2015
swisscarter:
he he he he he he he he...I talk am...that old woman they put weed inside my Cowbell milk angry angry angry angry angry
u better warn her b4 she add coke
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Kurupt01: 7:13am On Jun 20, 2015
Hi guys I bring to you from XDA top developer/contributor

OFFICIAL LOLLIPOP BETA / RC (Release Candidate) 3 :
---> with custom improvements:

Whats new?

* New rebuilt Lollipop Project
* MultiLang (Beta2 only had ENG/CN)
* NFC Fully working (for those with the Advanced version)
* New kernel
* New Baseband
* Fix media issues ( present on older Beta2)
* Fix Front Camera
* Sound calls quality is much better (finnaly !)
* Rear Speakers Sound Quality is much better (finnaly !)
* Battery Percentage Option now present (settings> battery)
* Improve hardbuttons lights
* Many, many other optimizations

Plus, added by me:

* GAPPS (minimum)
* Pre-Rooted (SuperSU)
* Busybox enabled
* And some other small corrections

bugs:
- You tell me ...

How to install:

First of all : BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP

This is an full SPFlashTools rom set, so, you'll need the proper MTK VCOM drivers and 64bit flashtools: follow first step on how to install Vcom drivers correctly
--> Includes TWRP LL by @DerTeufel1980 (you can update it with the TWRP 2.6 from my first post)

Comming from KitKat :
Use the firmware upgrade option

Already on Lollipop:
Just use the download option

DOWNLOAD:

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347760797

Credits:

* JIAYU
* DerTeufel1980 (LL recovery)
* Chainfire (SuperSU)

Cheers wink wink
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 7:21am On Jun 20, 2015
This is an awesome development. I'm so happy. It's just sad that I just reverted back to kitkat just 2hours ago. So so sad. I'll try it next weekend.
Pls, can we confirm if xposed now work on it?
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Valentinooo: 10:29am On Jun 20, 2015
Kurupt01:

Whats new?

* New kernel
* New Baseband
* Fix Front Camera

Plus, added by me:

* GAPPS (minimum)
* Pre-Rooted (SuperSU)
* Busybox enabled

bugs:
- You tell me ...

How to install:

This is an full SPFlashTools rom set, so, you'll need the proper MTK VCOM drivers and 64bit flashtools: follow first step on how to install Vcom drivers correctly
--> Includes TWRP LL by @DerTeufel1980 (you can update it with the TWRP 2.6 from my first post)

Comming from KitKat :

Already on Lollipop:

DOWNLOAD:

Credits:

* JIAYU
* Chainfire (SuperSU)

Cheers wink wink
my system is not detecting my phone. And I av installed Vcom. Though I think the Vcom is not properly installed but I followed ur process. Any help for me?
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Kurupt01: 11:13am On Jun 20, 2015
Valentinooo:
my system is not detecting my phone. And I av installed Vcom. Though I think the Vcom is not properly installed but I followed ur process. Any help for me?

Your VCOM drivers were not installed properly like you rightly said. Download USB deview to remove all USB drivers, then install VCOM drivers following the steps from Post 1.
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 11:45am On Jun 20, 2015
dljbd1:

This is an awesome development. I'm so happy. It's just sad that I just reverted back to kitkat just 2hours ago. So so sad. I'll try it next weekend.
Pls, can we confirm if xposed now work on it?
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Valentinooo: 12:01pm On Jun 20, 2015
Kurupt01:
Due to request by the gods from the Jiayu Whatsapp group am creating a thread to help those who are yet to upgrade their Jiayu S3 to 5.1 .

Disclaimer I am not responsible for any damage . Ask your questions I will try to respond to them ASAP.

First things first install MTK USB Vcom drivers.

For PC running windows 7 use Adb driver installer. (Google it).

For Windows 8 and above Microsoft has restricted Unsigned drivers installations so first disable driver verification on windows 8- 10.

Go to PC Settings from the Start menu >> Update and Recovery >> Recovery.

Under Advanced Startup, click on Restart Now.

Your PC will do a kind of reboot and go to a blue Choose an option screen. Click on Troubleshoot (refresh or reset your PC or use advanced tools) >> Advanced Options >> Startup Settings (change windows startup behaviour) >> Restart.

Your PC will now restart and go to yet another blue screen with 10 options. Press 7 or F7 on your keyboard to select Disable driver signature enforcement.

Your computer will auto restart again and then you can now proceed with the installation of Mediatek's Preloader USB VCOM driver

Go to Device Manager >> Action >> Add Legacy Hardware

Select Install the hardware that I manually select from a list and click Next >>> Select Show All Devices and hit Next

In the next screen, click on Have Disk in the bottom right corner and then navigate to the drivers you extracted to your computer.

The drivers are located in the Windows 7 folder. For 64 bit PC choose usb2ser_Win764.inf and for 32 bit PC make use of usb2ser_Win7.inf then click OK

Once the driver loads, select MediaTek Preloader USB VCOM Port in the next screen and click on next.

An error in red that says Windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software will pop up. Select Install this driver anyway and the installation of the MediaTek Preloader driver will start.

Now you can proceed to flashing your MTK based Android phone with ease using SP Flash Tool.

After successful installation, I got the error – This device cannot start. (Code 10)
simply ignored them as and run SP Flash Tool

To upgrade to lollipop is quite straight forward. After successfully installing Vcom drivers next download and extract Smart Phone flash tools (latest version) . also download and extract the lollipop Rom .

Open flash_tool.exe a prompt dialog with display alerting you that there is no scatter file, click OK

Select scatter loading file>>> next navigate to the location of the extracted Rom open and then select the Android Scatter file it will be the only file there.

Goto option >>> connection >>> High-speed.

Select Firmware Upgrade from the drop down option and click download.

Now connect your switched off Jiayu S3 via USB cable. Wait for the process to complete you'll see OK

Backup you phone data and maybe even create a Nandroid backup in case you decide to revert back to KitKat ( I wonder who would)

Link to Jiayu S3 5.1 : https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1ZCUZBU0lhXY01GMlJNZnpuY1E/edit

VCOM .zip - https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B76H1wzmvIdLZUtrVHFOeUthdjA/edit?usp=docslist_api

Recovery TWRP: https://mega.co.nz/#!2sRUTI5L!4XTPjt7RBEiw8R5aKfiG8HvuiRkT7O8Q29q3kcCxP8U

Gapps : link down, use the one @dljbd1 dropped

Update SU : http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu
after installing the Vcom driver, I noticed that the bolded did not happen
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 12:12pm On Jun 20, 2015
Xposed....waiting for testing smiley
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 3:47pm On Jun 20, 2015
Kurupt01:

Whats new?

* New kernel
* New Baseband
* Fix Front Camera

Plus, added by me:

* GAPPS (minimum)
* Pre-Rooted (SuperSU)
* Busybox enabled

bugs:
- You tell me ...

How to install:

Comming from KitKat :

Already on Lollipop:

DOWNLOAD:

Credits:

* JIAYU
* Chainfire (SuperSU)

Cheers wink wink
Alright. I'm back to drop a few review+observations.
So far so good this is by far better than the initial release. When I say far I mean it. Nonetheless, there still some glitches here and there but it can always be corrected with updates as they come.

Now, this lollipop amazingly came with gapp and superuser pre-installed. I mean I was so happy sighting those icons as I scrolled through the apps. You won't understand the stress involved in installing them in the previous release; and we all know an android phone becomes a Nokia 3310 without them.... Lolz... So kudos to the developers for heeding our plea.

Other defaults in the previous release have been corrected, well to the best of my knowledge though. Others can as well find some other faults however major ones observed (like the front camera turning reddish, speakers not working, battery icon issues, etc) have been corrected.

The main concern of mine has always been the compatibility of lollipop 5.1 with xposed apk. The initial release didn't go well as it always bootloop after meticulous replay of the online installation procedures, however it worked with this update. Though it auto rebooted like 3times which I think is abnormal. It worked either way and so far every module I've used have functioned well. Time will tell though but I hope that time doesn't come.....

At times Google play crashes... Rarely though but it does. That shouldn't be a problem for the next update to tackle.

That's my only observations as at this moment. Updates will be posted right here so watch and learn.... #justkidding. But seriously... Learn. Lolz

Installation process remains the same for but the rom and recovery so please others are encouraged to join this flow as we explore the world via.... LOLLIPOP!

THANKS to everyone who has made this possible.
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Valentinooo: 4:11pm On Jun 20, 2015
dljbd1:

Alright. I'm back to drop a few review+observations.
So far so good this is by far better than the initial release. When I say far I mean it. Nonetheless, there still some glitches here and there but it can always be corrected with updates as they come.

Now, this lollipop amazingly came with gapp and superuser pre-installed. I mean I was so happy sighting those icons as I scrolled through the apps. You won't understand the stress involved in installing them in the previous release; and we all know an android phone becomes a Nokia 3310 without them.... Lolz... So kudos to the developers for heeding our plea.

Other defaults in the previous release have been corrected, well to the best of my knowledge though. Others can as well find some other faults however major ones observed (like the front camera turning reddish, speakers not working, battery icon issues, etc) have been corrected.

The main concern of mine has always been the compatibility of lollipop 5.1 with xposed apk. The initial release didn't go well as it always bootloop after meticulous replay of the online installation procedures, however it worked with this update. Though it auto rebooted like 3times which I think is abnormal. It worked either way and so far every module I've used have functioned well. Time will tell though but I hope that time doesn't come.....

At times Google play crashes... Rarely though but it does. That shouldn't be a problem for the next update to tackle.

That's my only observations as at this moment. Updates will be posted right here so watch and learn.... #justkidding. But seriously... Learn. Lolz

Installation process remains the same for but the rom and recovery so please others are encouraged to join this flow as we explore the world via.... LOLLIPOP!

THANKS to everyone who has made this possible.
how far the battery performance too? Still excellent?
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 4:35pm On Jun 20, 2015
Valentinooo:
how far the battery performance too? Still excellent?

I'm yet to ascertain battery performance. It's looks promising. I don't think that aspect wad tampered with.

I'll observe it for the rest of the day and maybe the whole of tomorrow before I can say anything about it. But right now I'm happy with the performance so far and I hope it remains that way. wink

Charging....presently @ 29%
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Kurupt01: 9:18pm On Jun 20, 2015
dljbd1:

I'm yet to ascertain battery performance. It's looks promising. I don't think that aspect wad tampered with.

I'll observe it for the rest of the day and maybe the whole of tomorrow before I can say anything about it. But right now I'm happy with the performance so far and I hope it remains that way. wink

Charging....presently @ 29%

Battery backup is still great. I got bootloop when I tried xposed earlier but I think it's because I flashed piles of stuff together .

Tomorrow I will upload custom boot image and boot animation for Jiayu S3
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 9:37pm On Jun 20, 2015
Kurupt01:

Battery backup is still great. I got bootloop when I tried xposed earlier but I think it's because I flashed piles of stuff together .

Tomorrow I will upload custom boot image and boot animation for Jiayu S3
I also got bootlooped. But it installed anyways after restarting thrice. Afterwards I installed some other stuffs till later it got stuck at bootloop again and kept restarting. I've reverted to kitkat for the meantime as I may need the phone this week and wouldn't like to be disappointed. However, I'll be back to lollipop in no time sometime next week.

About this boot image u wanna upload; will it resolve the bootloop issh? Or its just to customize boot logo.
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Kurupt01: 11:37pm On Jun 21, 2015
dljbd1:

I also got bootlooped. But it installed anyways after restarting thrice. Afterwards I installed some other stuffs till later it got stuck at bootloop again and kept restarting. I've reverted to kitkat for the meantime as I may need the phone this week and wouldn't like to be disappointed. However, I'll be back to lollipop in no time sometime next week.

About this boot image u wanna upload; will it resolve the bootloop issh? Or its just to customize boot logo.

It's just to customize the phone
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by StraightManner: 4:25am On Jun 24, 2015
Pls how do I take screen shot on jiayu s3.
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 24, 2015
StraightManner:
Pls how do I take screen shot on jiayu s3.
Volume down plus power button simultaneously,(at the same time ) hold it for 2 seconds
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 1:09pm On Jun 26, 2015
Hello guys,
Any latest on Lollipop?
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 28, 2015
What m i getting wrong on this flashing lollipop, after successfully putting together all the scattered files if i connect my phone it didn't do anything it only start charging, what can i do please
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 7:07pm On Jun 28, 2015
melya:
What m i getting wrong on this flashing lollipop, after successfully putting together all the scattered files if i connect my phone it didn't do anything it only start charging, what can i do please
It's probably your version of spflashtool. I did trial-and-error before I finally got the version that worked for me.
v5.1444.00.000

It may not work for you. So you can try others
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by tegamarro(m): 9:17pm On Jun 28, 2015
dljbd1:

It's probably your version of spflashtool. I did trial-and-error before I finally got the version that worked for me.
v5.1444.00.000

It may not work for you. So you can try others
bro are u in lag and can u help me.with mine.
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 9:41pm On Jun 28, 2015
tegamarro:
bro are u in lag and can u help me.with mine.
Yes I am in Lagos however I hardly have the time to do these stuffs. I only squeeze time on weekends. You can meet Initialize for guidance. Are you on our whatsapp group? If you're not I suggest you come in. Guys are ready to give you a walk-through over there. smiley
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by tegamarro(m): 12:04am On Jun 29, 2015
dljbd1:

Yes I am in Lagos however I hardly have the time to do these stuffs. I only squeeze time on weekends. You can meet Initialize for guidance. Are you on our whatsapp group? If you're not I suggest you come in. Guys are ready to give you a walk-through over there. smiley

Initialize is a very busy man though vnt asked him why in saying cause I on hav a p .c
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Kurupt01: 11:05am On Jun 30, 2015
tegamarro:

Initialize is a very busy man though vnt asked him why in saying cause I on hav a p .c

Are you the WhatsApp group? If no drop your contact to be added.
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 8:40pm On Jul 01, 2015
Alright....finally back on lollipop.

Installation procedure remains the same. I found a rom on needrom which I used to update the stock lollipop and it's cool.....
No regrets at the moment... wink
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Kurupt01: 11:41pm On Jul 01, 2015
dljbd1:
Alright....finally back on lollipop.

Installation procedure remains the same. I found a rom on needrom which I used to update the stock lollipop and it's cool.....
No regrets at the moment... wink

Okay, I never left LP though. The rom on needrom is strictly for 3gb users .
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 9:21pm On Jul 02, 2015
Kurupt01:

Okay, I never left LP though. The rom on needrom is strictly for 3gb users .

Thanks man...na u try pass for this place. Gratitude bro smiley
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Kurupt01: 6:02am On Jul 03, 2015
dljbd1:

Thanks man...na u try pass for this place. Gratitude bro smiley

Thank you too.

1 Like

Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 10:03am On Jul 04, 2015
In respect to a request on needrom I'm going to upload pix of the marsapa rom in a short while.... And paste the link to the page on needrom.
Brb

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) / See Ntel Data Plans: Bundle Sizes, Prices And Supported Devices / How To Validate NIN Both Online And Offline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.