Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,696 members, 7,805,854 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva (16973 Views)

EFCC Files Fresh Charges Against Fani-kayode / Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion / Saraki Files Fresh Motion To Disqualify CCT Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by Ochiske(m): 11:51pm On Jun 12, 2015
Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has again filed fresh corruption charges against former governor of Bayelsa State, Timipre Sylva, before a the Federal High Court, Abuja.EFCC’s Head, Media and Publicity, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, said in a statement that the fresh 50 counts of corruption were filed on Friday.This came two days after Justice Ahmed Mohammed dismissed the one of two fraud cases instituted by the anti-graft agency against Sylva.
Justice Mohammed had held that the case constituted an abuse of court process.Earlier on June 1, 2015, Justice Evoh Chukwu (also of the Federal High Court, Abuja, struck out the other case against Sylva following EFCC’s application for the withdrawal of the case.‎
In the fresh 50 counts filed on Friday, Sylva is charged alongside Francis Okokuro, Gbenga Balogun, and Samuel Ogbuku,.

They are accused of using three companies – Marlin Maritime Limited, Eat Catering Services Limited, and Haloween-Blue Construction and Logistics Limitd – to move about N19.2bn from Bayelsa State coffers between 2009 and 2012, under false pretences of using the withdrawn money to augment salaries of the state government workers.

http://www.punchng.com/news/efcc-files-fresh-50-counts-of-fraud-against-sylva/

cc: lalasticlala, ishilove

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by hotice01: 11:52pm On Jun 12, 2015
well I'm just gonna watch how this whole political drama plays out,getting interesting.we in for a long political series.

is this what FTC feels like?its no biggy.tongue
Dedicated to all political e-warriors on NL,APC and PDP loyalists,political thieves and spectators like moi.

7 Likes

Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by FastShipping: 11:55pm On Jun 12, 2015
I thought the attention and protection seeking dunce in politics section said Buhari withdrew the corruption files against Timpreye Silva.

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jun 12, 2015
ok

1 Like

Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by EverestdeBliu(m): 12:16am On Jun 13, 2015
FastShipping:
I thought the attention and protection seeking dunce in politics section said Buhari withdrew the corruption files against Timpreye Silva.
Hey,don't insult to make your point.
Well,Buhari did. But we're all equal before the law if not manipulated. He can't stop the anti-graft agency which is an independent body from carrying out their lawful duty and still claims to be allergic to corruption.
lexy2014:
"Buhari did"...really?am just hearing that 4d first time
apolonius:

Buhari withdrew the charges to file fresh charges?You are too dull;dumb logic!
OLISASDEJI:

Mr fool,if u said Buhari is stopping Efcc from working.Wat will u den say abt ur so called mentor frm Otueke?Did he give dem free hand to operate? Did they even surface in d media at all? I pity u GEJ guys wit dis ur hating sef.
ribbit:
so you knew that he cannot stop anti graft agency but kept quiet when some ediots in politics kept blackmailing the president that he has withdrawn every case against sylva

For those of you quoting me and spilling trash,ur use of fowl words can't pull me down to the level of using same unchewed language with u...
Here, read for urself.
http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-withdraws-n2-45bn-fraud-suit-against-sylva-efcc-kicks/

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by jstbeinhonest(m): 1:09am On Jun 13, 2015
Sylva must be punished!!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by Chiefpriest1(m): 3:12am On Jun 13, 2015
Why is the EFCC suddenly active. It's simply because Buhari said he won't interfere with legal and constitutional matters.

Agencies of government and the president 's aides would naturally fall in line when they read the body language of the oga at the top.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by modath(f): 3:18am On Jun 13, 2015
I thought Enemies of Nigeria's progress said Baba asked for his case to be killed despite EFCC making the point then that they were only withdrawing two of the counts for this particular purpose!!!!

The kind of hell God is preparing for this set of people,the angels & saints are still planting the giant iroko trees to get the firewood to start it up!!!!

For food only mofos!!! undecided

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by Nobody: 3:33am On Jun 13, 2015
This is where PMB will proof to sylva the mantra of "I belong to nobody" ..... Maybe Sylva would be the first person to go to jail despite being part of PMB's transition committee.

Let's Due Process and Rule of law take precedence in this case ... EFCC.

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by sammieguze(m): 3:35am On Jun 13, 2015
Compare and contrast

clueless otuoke man and Daura President.

I still av faith in the dullard compared to the clueless one

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by ozo13(m): 8:40am On Jun 13, 2015
Ochiske:
Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has again filed fresh corruption charges against former governor of Bayelsa State, Timipre Sylva, before a the Federal High Court, Abuja.EFCC’s Head, Media and Publicity, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, said in a statement that the fresh 50 counts of corruption were filed on Friday.This came two days after Justice Ahmed Mohammed dismissed the one of two fraud cases instituted by the anti-graft agency against Sylva.
Justice Mohammed had held that the case constituted an abuse of court process.Earlier on June 1, 2015, Justice Evoh Chukwu (also of the Federal High Court, Abuja, struck out the other case against Sylva following EFCC’s application for the withdrawal of the case.‎
In the fresh 50 counts filed on Friday, Sylva is charged alongside Francis Okokuro, Gbenga Balogun, and Samuel Ogbuku,.

They are accused of using three companies – Marlin Maritime Limited, Eat Catering Services Limited, and Haloween-Blue Construction and Logistics Limitd – to move about N19.2bn from Bayelsa State coffers between 2009 and 2012, under false pretences of using the withdrawn money to augment salaries of the state government workers.

http://www.punchng.com/news/efcc-files-fresh-50-counts-of-fraud-against-sylva/

cc: lalasticlala, ishilove
Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by CountDracula(m): 8:40am On Jun 13, 2015
Boring!
Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by geedeex2(m): 8:40am On Jun 13, 2015
Everything that happens in Nigeria now is BUHARI. You chop you no bellefull na buhari,you fail to impregnate your wife na buhari,even if you mess now na buhari cause am. Some elements claim buhari ordered the charges dropped against him .

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by Helkayklassic(m): 8:40am On Jun 13, 2015
David Silva in trouble

Haa sorry

Timipre Sylva jare and Baba has said he belong to nobody

First scapegoat!!!

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by Nobody: 8:40am On Jun 13, 2015
Before those APC slaves open their gutter to spill rubbish they should know that this is the effect of sound opposition at play.

Buhari just thinks he can do as he wishes but he's slowly being reminded that this is democracy. He tried it by banning AIT initially before he rescinded the decision. Now he tried it again by quashing sylvia's corruption charges but public outcry has pressured him again.

Congrats to the opposition both offline and on social media down to nairaland. I'm sure the 700 naira per day APC paid hacks read the information from nigerians here and pass it on to Buhari then he acts likewise.

Congrats Barcanista, chief tormentor of APC on nairaland. More ink to your biro grin grin.

36 Likes 7 Shares

Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by myklangelo(m): 8:40am On Jun 13, 2015
Hmmm as far as u be politician in Nigeria 1000 cases of corruption can be brought against. The bowel of political corruption is irressistible.

I don't disappoint, the 2nd Igbo language weekend tutorial is out in my blog. It is educative in a new way. Visit my blog.

The 1st Igbo language blog is out, it is fun and insightful. Visit, comment, share and criticize.www.odeniigbo..com

1 Like

Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by forposting103: 8:41am On Jun 13, 2015
Free e-Learning scholarship awaiting you here >> http://www.forposting104..com/
Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by arewatech(m): 8:41am On Jun 13, 2015
modath:
I thought Enemies of Nigeria's progress said Baba asked for his case to be killed despite EFCC making the point that as at then that they were only withdrawing two of the counts for this particular purpose!!!!

The kind of hell God is preparing for this set of people,the angels & saints are still planting the giant iroko trees to get the firewood to start it up!!!!

For food only mofos!!! undecided

8 Likes

Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by kay29000(m): 8:42am On Jun 13, 2015
Hmm! Where are those TANOIDS who said that Buhari made moves to have all charges against this man dropped? Ehn!!? Anyway,if you have problem lasting long in bed, hit me up on BBM- 7C22F6EC.

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 13, 2015
Not over yet for Sylva.

I wonder why Nigerians are corrupt once in office?

I suspect it is because when Nigerians are not in leadership, they think it is OK to be corrupt...so long as your nearest and dearest benefit. Hence the mother of one of the CBN crooks praying for her son to be freed....despite him being a thief.

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by bornmekus: 8:42am On Jun 13, 2015
Good for him.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by felai: 8:42am On Jun 13, 2015
EFCC.
Too much Noise.
I just hope all these is not a ploy by officials of EFCC to get their own share.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by olasmith10(m): 8:42am On Jun 13, 2015
EFCC hs bn so active since d emergence of PMB..they are now working for their salary.. The most probable verdict for sylva is JAIL!!!

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by Youngzedd(m): 8:43am On Jun 13, 2015
The evil that men do lives with them.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by millionboi(m): 8:43am On Jun 13, 2015
Datz wat u get,wen u leav ur brother 4die hard muslim man that does nt regard christians....d change u demand 4 has turn 2chain

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by Nobody: 8:44am On Jun 13, 2015
I think EFCC needs a seasoned leagal adviser.

Always getting stuffs messed

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by xmileeasy: 8:44am On Jun 13, 2015
Sylva and EFCC cat race

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by PassingShot(m): 8:44am On Jun 13, 2015
And some protection seeker will want us to believe that PMB had a hand in the earlier quashing of this case by the court. If PMB was indeed behind it, will EFCC still be able to charge him again for the same offence?

The ground on which the case was thrown out earlier was unnecessary wasting of the court's time by EFCC. They failed to prosecute the charges with convincing evidence and always seeking for adjournment but TANoids here led by their C in C could not reason that GEJ/EFCC wasted three years on it.

9 Likes

Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by adekayo1234(m): 8:44am On Jun 13, 2015
what is Efcc? A bunch of toothless bulldogs?
Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by GHA1(m): 8:44am On Jun 13, 2015
Sylva must be punished for betraying GEJ

1 Like

Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by charlie009: 8:44am On Jun 13, 2015
Stop filing start arresting jare, kiri kiri maximum prison has been renovated infact expanded for all those criminals. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by folabayo1(f): 8:44am On Jun 13, 2015
Na all of dem corrupt jor undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Okorocha Asks Court To Abort Plot To Arrest Him, Fingers APC Leaders / Prof Toriola Ajagbe SAN Dies At 91: Don Who Became SAN At 90 Is Dead / Panic In Anambra Assembly As DSS Operatives Try To Whisk Away Member-elect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.