Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,607 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

Part 1: No Risk, No Return; Our Guide To Land & Landed Property @ Lekki Axis - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Part 1: No Risk, No Return; Our Guide To Land & Landed Property @ Lekki Axis (3313 Views)

Cheap Two (2nos) Of Bungalow Of 1 No. 3 Bedroom And A 2 Bedroom For N4m / No Risk, No Return; Our Guide To Land And Landed Property On The Lekki Axis [2]. / How To Obtain Governors Consent To Land Transaction In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Part 1: No Risk, No Return; Our Guide To Land & Landed Property @ Lekki Axis by ashington1: 7:53pm On Feb 21, 2009
Hello all,

This post is part of a series of emails entitled "No Risk, No Return; Our Guide to Land & Landed Property on the Lekki Axis" The aim of this series is designed to inform and briefly educate you about our many sites and landed properties for sale situated along the Lekki Axis.

For those of you who are not familiar with the Lekki Axis it is the short form name to describe the areas, localities and environs in and around the Lekki-Epe Expressway. The expressway is currently being upgraded to a six lane highway as part of a Public-Private Partnership initiative between The Lekki Concession Company (LCC) and the Lagos State Government - Lekki Master Plan. Phase 1 of this project started in 2006 and at this moment work has been completed from the Nigerian Law School, Ozumba Mbdzikwe Road right up to Exxon-Mobil Corporation Nigeria Headquarters located at after 1004 and before Shoprite Shopping Centre. The upgrade and reconstruction will continue along the existing road up to Eleko Junction, Ibeju Lekki Local Government Area. Phase 2 of this project is a proposed coastal road running along the coastline of the Lekki Axis.

I am sure that most of you who may read this post will already be very familiar with and possibly own land on the Lekki Axis. Areas like Phase 1 Roundabout, Admiralty Way, Ikate Elegushi, Osapa London, Agungi, Ajiran, Idado, Chevron, Victoria Garden City, Ajah and Abram Adesanya are synonymous with Land and Landed Property within the Lekki Axis. However, I would like to draw your attention and promote the parts of Axis which maybe unknown to you but are projected to have excellent margins of return. Over the next few weeks and months I will be writing 'info-articles' dedicated to promoting land and landed property we have for sale on parts of the axis which are not as famous as the aforementioned areas.

This post will focus on the area of Obadore Beach within Ibeju-Lekki Local Government Area. In my view this area and the surrounding locality is very interesting and has tremendous potential, considering the infrastructure projects which are earmarked for that neck of the woods by Lagos State Government and other major stakeholders in the near future. Firstly, Lekki Free Trade Zone (LFTZ) is less than 15 mins drive from where we have plots for sale at Obadore Beach. LFTZ is a multi-billion Naira project located on a vast expanse of land (under construction) in which a International Seaport and Airport amongst many other hi-tech blue-chip industries will be located upon its completion. (LFTZ is currently being built in partnership with the Lagos State Government and Chinese Government; See www.lekkifreetradezone.com or www.nigerianinvestments.com/story.php?id=6 or www.tradeinvestnigeria.com/investment_opportunities/639192.htm for more info)

You may or may not have heard of Intercoastal Express Road (or Lekki Coastal Road)?? Well, this is the road is part of Phase 2 of the LCC and Lagos State Lekki master plan which will link Bar Beach (Ahmadu Bello Way) in V.I. and travel parallel with Gulf of Guinea across the Lekki-Axis coastline all the way to Port Harcourt via Alpha Beach, Obadore Beach and LFTZ amongst other areas. We are by no means alone in this neck of the woods. A few estates and schools have started to spring up, notably Amen Estate (N6m per plot) and Albesta Academy amongst many others.

We are selling land here at Obadore Beach at N600,000 per plot or N3m per acre, but with all the current and future developments in the area pressure on prices is only going to be upwards. I can confidently say that the margin of growth in land price appreciation will comfortably exceed those currently being realized in more famous parts of the Lekki Axis. We have a package if you prefer to pay instalmentally which is 50% downpayment of the total purchase price and the remainder to be paid over 10 months. So this would to equate to for one plot: 50% downpayment = N300,000; and then 10 consecutive monthly payments of N30,000 to complete the purchase of N600,000. Or for an acre: 50% downpayment = N1.5m; and then 10 consecutive monthly payments of N150,000 to complete the purchase of the acre.

With a bright outlook projected for this area as well as being a integral part of the Lekki Master Plan advocated by The Lagos State Government. It is essential that interested investors do not make the mistake of purchasing land which under committed government acquisition status. The land at Obadore Beach we are selling is free from Committed Government Acquisition or Omo Nile stress. It has been published in the Governor's Gazette, which means that once you have purchase your plot(s) of land from us we will issue you with a deed of Assignment which will include details of the purchase and a survey plan of the plot(s) land that has been acquired amongst others. It is with this document (and other forms directly obtained from Lands Bureau @ Alausa) you can apply to the Lagos State Government for the Governor's Consent (Irrevocable title of ownership of a plot(s) of Land = Freehold title) to perfect your title over the piece of land purchased.

If you would like to make an inspection we can arrange an appointment on Tuesday, Thursdays or Sundays to meet at Eleko Junction (on Lekki-Epe Expressway) by the Total filling station at a designated time. For further information don't hesitate to call me 0808640745 or Dr. Asiwaju on 08023228456, alternatively email me at ashingtonuk@hotmail.com.

Next post in our series of No Risk No Return: Our Guide to Land & Landed Property on the Lekki Axis; I will be staying in the Ibeju-Lekki Local Government Area and focusing on Ibeju. An environ which has already started to develop to it's potential as the last main focal point on the Lekki-Epe Expressway en route to Epe.

Many thanks for your interest and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Warm regards

P.S. "Herd mentality stops us from realising decent profits on decision we make; Remember without risk there will be no return".
Re: Part 1: No Risk, No Return; Our Guide To Land & Landed Property @ Lekki Axis by lawyer(m): 2:21am On Feb 22, 2009
Definately one of the best property posts i have seen in a long time. I will definately bump this post up to the top. wink

I know people might be interested in your fantastic offer but in relation to the documents and legal parameters surrounding these lands, you have to convince me it is free from defect before i super endorse it.

I will be watching it with a very very close eye!

Once again, wonderful post and happy land shopping!
Re: Part 1: No Risk, No Return; Our Guide To Land & Landed Property @ Lekki Axis by ashington1: 9:50am On Feb 23, 2009
Thank you Lawyer.

Your comments are very much appreciated.

Keep up the good work

Best regards
Re: Part 1: No Risk, No Return; Our Guide To Land & Landed Property @ Lekki Axis by wola44: 1:55pm On Feb 23, 2009
@ Lawyer

Pls can you help me to confirm if the land @ obadore is real. And what is your advice to nairaland member who want to buy. so that we not fall in wrong hand. let me hear from you soonest.

Thanks

@ashington1 :- where is your office located.
Re: Part 1: No Risk, No Return; Our Guide To Land & Landed Property @ Lekki Axis by ashington1: 12:14pm On Feb 24, 2009
wola44:

@ Lawyer

Pls can you help me to confirm if the land @ obadore is real. And what is your advice to nairaland member who want to buy. so that we not fall in wrong hand. let me hear from you soonest.

Thanks

@ashington1 :- where is your office located.

@ wola44: Our office address is MILE 13, IKORODU ROAD IDERA BUS STOP OWODE ONIRIN KETU LAGOS STATE
To arrange a meeting, obtain directions and more information call Dr. Asiwaju 08023228456

Thanks for your interest
Re: Part 1: No Risk, No Return; Our Guide To Land & Landed Property @ Lekki Axis by jumeks: 2:11pm On Feb 24, 2009
Hello Poster

I sent you an email yesterday, can you please reply.

TX
Re: Part 1: No Risk, No Return; Our Guide To Land & Landed Property @ Lekki Axis by ashington1: 10:56am On Feb 25, 2009
jumeks:

Hello Poster

I sent you an email yesterday, can you please reply.

TX

@ jumeks: Check your inbox.
Re: Part 1: No Risk, No Return; Our Guide To Land & Landed Property @ Lekki Axis by segun12: 8:50am On Feb 26, 2009
check out a property,5bedroom duplex.2bedroom BQ very large surronding.going for 80million.please call me on 08033054149.
Re: Part 1: No Risk, No Return; Our Guide To Land & Landed Property @ Lekki Axis by felele(m): 12:12am On Feb 28, 2009
Is this land in an estate? If it is, it's most likely free of Omo-onile palaver. By estate, I mean a proper estate with a perimeter fence, proper layout and possibly some infrastructure, not just cleared bush.

If you can answer the following questions, I'll post my email address here for more details:

1. What type of title does the land have? Is it a C of O or an excision?

2. If it is an excision, can you post the exact name of the village and the date of the gazette?

3. If it is a C of O, can you make a scanned copy available for verification, or even the C of O number?

4. Does it have a perimeter fence, and is it a planned estate?

5. If so, does it have an Approved Layout, which approval was given by LASPHYDDA?

6. Again, if 4 is a yes, what infrastructure, if any, do you plan to deliver with the estate?

If the answer to question 1 is no, there is no need to answer any further questions. I will not be interested, because I know it will definitely be "omo-onile" land, and I can't deal with that baggage.
Re: Part 1: No Risk, No Return; Our Guide To Land & Landed Property @ Lekki Axis by lawyer(m): 1:52am On Feb 28, 2009
felele:

Is this land in an estate? If it is, it's most likely free of Omo-onile palaver. By estate, I mean a proper estate with a perimeter fence, proper layout and possibly some infrastructure, not just cleared bush.

If you can answer the following questions, I'll post my email address here for more details:

1. What type of title does the land have? Is it a C of O or an excision?

2. If it is an excision, can you post the exact name of the village and the date of the gazette?

3. If it is a C of O, can you make a scanned copy available for verification, or even the C of O number?

4. Does it have a perimeter fence, and is it a planned estate?

5. If so, does it have an Approved Layout, which approval was given by LASPHYDDA?

6. Again, if 4 is a yes, what infrastructure, if any, do you plan to deliver with the estate?

If the answer to question 1 is no, there is no need to answer any further questions. I will not be interested, because I know it will definitely be "omo-onile" land, and I can't deal with that baggage.

While i am not holding forte in whatever way for Mr. Ashington whatso ever, i readily believe that this information you require though valid and extremely necesary will not be given freely due to certain conflicts of interests i am aware of as .

Since i readily believe or assume Mr. Ashington is a thirdparty to the realestate developer in question, he will not readily be in a position to answer all these posers thrown at him. For example, the issue of the gazette will never be made public until a valid search at alausa is done.

Also the C/O you inquire might be a cloned document that other people can download and use for fraudulent purposes which i as a moderator will never allow to be posted because i know the implication of it and the liability nairaland will incur for its negligence in preventing such a mishap.

Also in respect of the excision village, it will be foolish of him to tell the whole world about which village has been excised when at the end of the day it hasnt been fully gazetted or a lawsuit is still pending or worse still a third party agent will immediately cash into the goodwwill and begin to infilterate that place to spoil business.

In short all your requests are private requests that i think can be answered by Mr. Ashington through a bronchure if any or by engaging a lawyer to do a search. It is very easy to paste all these information you require but they could all be false information if you still do not do your own search!

Cheers!
Re: Part 1: No Risk, No Return; Our Guide To Land & Landed Property @ Lekki Axis by ashington1: 3:39pm On Mar 01, 2009
lawyer:

While i am not holding forte in whatever way for Mr. Ashington whatso ever, i readily believe that this information you require though valid and extremely necesary will not be given freely due to certain conflicts of interests i am aware of as .

Since i readily believe or assume Mr. Ashington is a thirdparty to the realestate developer in question, he will not readily be in a position to answer all these posers thrown at him. For example, the issue of the gazette will never be made public until a valid search at alausa is done.

Also the C/O you inquire might be a cloned document that other people can download and use for fraudulent purposes which i as a moderator will never allow to be posted because i know the implication of it and the liability nairaland will incur for its negligence in preventing such a mishap.

Also in respect of the excision village, it will be foolish of him to tell the whole world about which village has been excised when at the end of the day it hasnt been fully gazetted or a lawsuit is still pending or worse still a third party agent will immediately cash into the goodwwill and begin to infilterate that place to spoil business.

In short all your requests are private requests that i think can be answered by Mr. Ashington through a bronchure if any or by engaging a lawyer to do a search. It is very easy to paste all these information you require but they could all be false information if you still do not do your own search!

Cheers!

@ Lawyer: I couldn't have said it better.

@ felele: Lawyer is right, the questions are valid however you must engage the services of a professional and do your homework to obtain the answers which you understand. Additionally, the issue of forgery is profound. I have spoke to many people who have witnessed documents being cooked to deceive people to part with their cash and receive nothing but trouble in return. We always seek to avoid situations like this. Therefore you would like to see any documents relating to this land you must arrange to meet us and discuss further.

To clarify, the land we have available at Obadore Beach are NOT serviced plots within a Estate. The land I have for sale in this area are plots, acres or whatever is required is to be developed by the purchaser. If you are looking for serviced plots within an estate we have two estates available which are:

Dorchester Gardens, Mowe/Ofada Lagos/Ogun Mega City

or

Princess Park Manor, Alatishe Lekki Axis

These estates are serviced plots with numerous facilities available with them. To obtain more info about Both estates look out for upcoming posts on the property section on Nairaland or email me for a brochure.

Before going any further with your questions. Have you made an inspection of the Land we have available at Obadore Beach? You cannot expect to complete a transaction or exchange important details through this electronic forum. The best thing to do is to make arrangements to see the site with Dr. Asiwaju and from there you will be able to discuss with him your queries.

Call Dr Asiwaju on 08023228456 to inspect the Land at Obadore Beach. For a brochure about our estates with available or any other queries email me on ashingtonuk@hotmail.com

Nevertheless thanks for your interest and I look forward to hearing from you soon

ASHINGTON LIMITED
Re: Part 1: No Risk, No Return; Our Guide To Land & Landed Property @ Lekki Axis by wola44: 10:40am On Mar 02, 2009
@ Ashington1

How much is a plot at Princess Park Manor, Alatishe lexxi Axis.
Re: Part 1: No Risk, No Return; Our Guide To Land & Landed Property @ Lekki Axis by wola44: 11:24am On Mar 04, 2009
@ Lawyer.

I went to see the at land obadore beach lekki, the person in charge said after i buy a plot of land for 600k ,that i have to do regularation of the land @ Alausa which cost 200k. Can u advice me urgently
Re: Part 1: No Risk, No Return; Our Guide To Land & Landed Property @ Lekki Axis by igbonla(m): 1:40pm On Mar 04, 2009
wola44:

@ Lawyer.

I went to see the at land obadore beach lekki, the person in charge said after i buy a plot of land for 600k ,that i have to do regularation of the land @ Alausa which cost 200k. Can u advice me urgently

Hey dude, not sure what kind of advice you hope to get but you need to engage lawyer or a lawyer professionally for further queries. You have seen the land, like it and want to acquire it; it's time to do it right.
Looking for free or cheap service can only cause you trouble.

All the best!
Re: Part 1: No Risk, No Return; Our Guide To Land & Landed Property @ Lekki Axis by lawyer(m): 1:57pm On Mar 05, 2009
@ Ashington

I have been recieving series of mails from prospective purchasers in respect of your properties for sale and asking me whether it is a good buy and if i should endorse it.

As you are quite aware, i dont sell properties and i will rather leave that business in the hands of experts before i endorse after i have done a thorough search on the property and its documents to acertain its validity but certain information regarding your above posts has come my immediate notice especially from people who are conversant with obadore beach and those that have visited the place with you as a tour guide.

A lot of questions have been raised and i think it is fair for me to voice my own concern and ask you some questions which i would most respectfully hope you oblige and if the answers aren't straigt forward, i will be forced to remove this thread pending further confirmation of its validity.

1. You stated earlier thus:

The land at Obadore Beach we are selling is free from Committed Government Acquisition or Omo Nile stress. It has been published in the Governor's Gazette, which means that once you have purchase your plot(s) of land from us we will issue you with a deed of Assignment which will include details of the purchase and a survey plan of the plot(s) land that has been acquired amongst others. It is with this document (and other forms directly obtained from Lands Bureau @ Alausa) you can apply to the Lagos State Government for the Governor's Consent (Irrevocable title of ownership of a plot(s) of Land = Freehold title) to perfect your title over the piece of land purchased.

1. You said the land has been gazetted and the proof of that property is documented but one of the intending purchasers has raised an alarm that the person who took him there as directed by you one Dr Asiwaju expressly told him that some parts of the lands for sale are documented and some are not documented yet. This is a grave source of worry because it leads to misrepresentation from the facts you potrayed above that it is all documented. How do you know which is which? Besides knowing fully well that that area is being designated as the free trade zone area, most of the lands ought to be under government acquistion. If it is free as you stated, what are the proofs you have to support your claim?

2. Your above quote, states once a purchaser buys the land, he will be issued a survey plan and deed of assignment but what you forgot to add is that you intend to charge them separately for the deed of assignment and survey plan?

This is quite wrong sir and another misleading fact. If you have stated that a separate fee for the survey and deed of assignment will be attached, then the purchaser will have a clearer view of what the total purchase price is.

Also i really dont know whether that place is being developed by a real estate developer or being sold privately for it to be called an estate because certain things ought to be there to give it the look and feel of an estate. Naturally if all the plots there are being owned by one person, it is just sensible enough to have a general survey plan and issue them one probably at a fee or allow them to get their own surveyor themselves to map it out, but you ought to specify that in your post that this is the cost for doing the survey.

Also, it should be noted that the deed of assignment is usually drafted by the purchasers lawyer and not the sellers lawyer. Charging the purchaser for another fee together with the survey plan looks very dodgy to me. What you can validly say you can draft is a contract of sale of the property especially since it has mortgage clauses in it so as to protect both the seller and the buyer and in most situations, that contract of sale price is inserted in the original purchase price but not going all out to charge again for the deed of assignment and the survey plan. In my own opinion that is exhortion as long as it is not a real estate developer selling acres of land and providing certain amenities. But as a private seller, the rules ought to be strictly observed to ensure fairness and uprightness.

Finally the last complaint i heard was pushing the purchaser to obtain regularization for N200,000. Please realise that your just selling a land and since it is direct land, you are just entitled to furnish the purchaser with his purchase reciept, survey plan and sign the deed of assignment presentedto you. The rest is left to the purchaser to choose if he wants to get his C/O leading to the governors consent or not. You are in no position to tell him what price it costs to regularize his documents or make him scared that his papers or documents are not intact. Due to the prevailing complexities of obtaining a C/O now, you could probably incur liabilities for either shortchanging the purchaser to believe it could be done for N200,000 or adding extra liability .

I hope these questions are being answered by tomorrow 5pm Nigerian time so as to make intending purchasers feel at ease. If not, i will be forced to advise purchases to be wary of this transaction and subsequently delete it.

Kindest Regards!
Re: Part 1: No Risk, No Return; Our Guide To Land & Landed Property @ Lekki Axis by Jumyg: 2:53pm On Mar 05, 2009
Lawyer

Thanks, for raising these issues, sure there are questions to be answered.
Re: Part 1: No Risk, No Return; Our Guide To Land & Landed Property @ Lekki Axis by yanka: 3:19pm On Mar 05, 2009
Lawyer,

I have purchased a few plots in the past from the likes of HFP and they have always provided me with deeds of assingnment. Is it a problem ? You have mentioned that the purchaser should prepare and present deeds for the seller to sign. Could you clarify please?
Re: Part 1: No Risk, No Return; Our Guide To Land & Landed Property @ Lekki Axis by lawyer(m): 3:57pm On Mar 05, 2009
The reason your lawyer prepares the deed of assignment is because he inserts clauses that protects your interest in future at against the sellers lawyer. What if the plots they sold to your end up being under government acquistion and there is a problem? Who indemnifies you? Who stands as a witness to the transaction? Who verifies that the property exists and how the title has been traced?

Theses are salient issues and moe that your lawyer takes into consideration before drafting a deed of assignment in your favour.
Re: Part 1: No Risk, No Return; Our Guide To Land & Landed Property @ Lekki Axis by ashington1: 4:58pm On Mar 05, 2009
lawyer:

@ Ashington

I have been recieving series of mails from prospective purchasers in respect of your properties for sale and asking me whether it is a good buy and if i should endorse it.

As you are quite aware, i dont sell properties and i will rather leave that business in the hands of experts before i endorse after i have done a thorough search on the property and its documents to acertain its validity but certain information regarding your above posts has come my immediate notice especially from people who are conversant with obadore beach and those that have visited the place with you as a tour guide.

A lot of questions have been raised and i think it is fair for me to voice my own concern and ask you some questions which i would most respectfully hope you oblige and if the answers aren't straigt forward, i will be forced to remove this thread pending further confirmation of its validity.

1. You stated earlier thus:

1. You said the land has been gazetted and the proof of that property is documented but one of the intending purchasers has raised an alarm that the person who took him there  as directed by you one Dr Asiwaju expressly told him that some parts of the lands for sale are documented and some are not documented yet. This is a grave source of worry because it leads to misrepresentation from the facts you potrayed above that it is all documented. How do you know which is which? Besides knowing fully well that that area is being designated as the free trade zone area, most of the lands ought to be under government acquistion. If it is free as you stated, what are the proofs you have to support your claim?

2. Your above quote, states once a purchaser buys the land, he will be issued a survey plan and deed of assignment but what you forgot to add is that you intend to charge them separately for the deed of assignment and survey plan?

This is quite wrong sir and another misleading fact. If you have stated that a separate fee for the survey and deed of assignment will be attached, then the purchaser will have a clearer view of what the total purchase price is.

Also i really dont know whether that place is being developed by a real estate developer or being sold privately for it to be called an estate because certain things ought to be there to give it the look and feel of an estate. Naturally if all the plots there are being owned by one person, it is just sensible enough to have a general survey plan and issue them one probably at a fee or allow them to get their own surveyor themselves to map it out, but you ought to specify that in your post that this is the cost for doing the survey.

Also, it should be noted that the deed of assignment is usually drafted by the purchasers lawyer and not the sellers lawyer. Charging the purchaser for another fee together with the survey plan looks very dodgy to me. What you can validly say you can draft is a contract of sale of the property especially since it has mortgage clauses in it so as to protect both the seller and the buyer and in most situations, that contract of sale price is inserted in the original purchase price but not going all out to charge again for the deed of assignment and the survey plan. In my own opinion that is exhortion as long as it is not a real estate developer selling acres of land and providing certain amenities. But as a private seller, the rules ought to be strictly observed to ensure fairness and uprightness.

Finally the last complaint i heard was pushing the purchaser to  obtain regularization for N200,000. Please realise that your just selling a land and since it is direct land, you are just entitled to furnish the purchaser with his purchase reciept, survey plan and sign the deed of assignment presentedto you. The rest is left to the purchaser to choose if he wants to get his C/O leading to the governors consent or not. You are in no position to tell him what price it costs to regularize his documents or make him scared that his papers or documents are not intact. Due to the prevailing complexities of obtaining a C/O now, you could probably incur liabilities for either shortchanging the purchaser to believe it could be done for N200,000 or adding extra liability .

I hope these questions are being answered by tomorrow 5pm Nigerian time so as to make intending purchasers feel at ease. If not, i will be forced to advise purchases to be wary of this transaction and subsequently delete it.

Kindest Regards!

@ Lawyer and other concerned parties

Before I continue to answer the questions posed, I would like to mention firstly that the land promoted in the post entitled "Part 1: No Risk, No Return; Our Guide To Land & Landed Property @ Lekki Axis" for sale at Obadore Beach are NOT serviced plot nor are they within Estate. I never once mentioned that this was an estate and I think that the intereseted parties maybe getting confused with our Dorchester Gardens Estate located in Mowe/Ofada, Lagos Ogun Mega City.  Secondly, The area known as Obadore Beach near Eleko within Ibeju-Lekki Government Area, Lagos State is NOT designated as the Lekki Free Trade Zone Area (LFTZ). The areas after the locality known as Akodo Tourist and other areas in and around the expreess road after Akodo Tourist leading to LFTZ area are under acquisition as I am aware. Thirdly, the area in question is the focus point of this post and the previous posts in relation to the subject is NOT located in Badore Ajah, Eti Osa Local Goverment Area Lagos State. Plots at Badore Ajah start from N1.5m and one should not get this confused with what we are promoting.

Now to the questions posed,

(1) Yes, it is correct that parts of land are documented and parts are not. However we have up to 400 acres of land in this particular area for sale. We have taken out a full perimeter and area survey plan of the land under our control. This plan is what we use to allocate plots to purchasers. On the plan there are indicators which illustrate what parts of our holding are gazetted and parts which are not.

As for proof  to illustrate that the land is free from defect I would invite serious purchasers to again, arrange an appointment with Dr. Asiwaju (Call 08023228456) to satisfy their concerns. If they are not satisfied with that they should NOT make the purchase.

(2) I did not forget nor did I withold this information. The fact is that these series of posts are designed to inform and educate the uninformed prospective buyer about parts of the Lekki Axis which are not as well known as other popular parts towards Victoria Island aswell as promoting holdings of Land and Landed property we have at our disposal. It is NOT designed as a point of sale medium where an interested buyer reads it and then is expected to bring his or her cash/chequebook to our office to immeadiately purchase and sign on the dotted. Nor is it designed to mislead anybody. It was expressly stated in the post that if are any queries that on should call Dr. Asiwaju would be able to advise accordingly. Therefore I refute your allegation that the post entitled "Part 1: No Risk, No Return; Our Guide To Land & Landed Property @ Lekki Axis" is misleading. Potential purchasers should be clear that this post is promotion for and on behalf of ASHINGTON LIMITED. If prospective purchasers want a clearer picture on the state of play regarding the land available for sale at Obadore Beach, they have been invited to inspect the site to get a feel of the exact location and what exactly is being offered. We are not invitiing you to our office to come and view carefully crafted computer generated images of the Land in question on state of art computers and flat screen TVs as many organisations are doing at this present time. It is with the inspection opportunity that all queries should be made clear and can be resolved. Remember the post states that inspection can be done on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays by calling Dr Asiwaju.

In your question you state that the deed of assignment is usually drafted by the the purchasers lawyer and not the sellers lawyer. To me this a 'red herring' in the sense that this document is one of the final pieces to the purchase process. Moreover we as sellers engage our lawyers to draft this document, then a meeting is called between the buyer and seller where the the deed of assignment is gone over with a fine tooth-pick by both parties to make sure it is understood clearly. Or a copy of deed is given to the buyer for him or her to go over it with a fine tooth-pick with legal advice with his or her attorney. If the document has obscure elements or there are parts where buyer is not in agreement then the issued can be raised with the seller through dialogue and amended if necessary. If there is no problems with deed of assignment then it is signed, sealed, stamped and witnessed by the involved parties.

The charging of the survey fee is separated from the value of the land for many reasons. One being that survey fees fluctuate wildly from area to area due to the imperfection information being distributed by the relevant authorities in the different areas. It is neccessary to maintain the separation to abort the distortion between the value of the land at sale and the fee of the survey processing process. I think you even posted a blog about the costs involved in such processing which included the brown envelope and recharge card factors or multiples. Imagine if these multiples or factors were priced into the value of the Land, will anyone buy I'm not so sure. If we was to combine both values then we would be priced out of the market due to the fact that our pricing would be uncompetitive because all the other market players will not be operating on the same level of pricing. Additionally it is helpful for to maintain the separation to give the buyer an idea of what is needed and what authorities ask for in terms of pricing.

Regarding the final complaint at the end of your 2nd question. I think you or the person who raised the issue may have misinterpreted what was consitiuted as advice and not a prerequisite of the purchase process.

I hope these are sufficient answers to the question posted. I totally understand the angle and intentions of the questions. However, like I mentioned previously the objective of this post entitled Part 1: No Risk, No Return; Our Guide To Land & Landed Property @ Lekki Axis : Obadore Beach is by no means as a shotgun purchase or a point of sale article where the buyer should be cajoled to think they should not make checks or go through the relevant channels. Buyers are not forced to purchase without going through the necessary procedures to safeguard their interests. I personally think that the whole system of land purchase here in Nigeria is very obscure and needs reform but that is a another subject for another post,  

Any queries feel to email me at ashingtonuk@hotmail.com

Again thanks for the interest and I look forward to hearing from you soon

Warm regards

ASHINGTON LIMITED
Re: Part 1: No Risk, No Return; Our Guide To Land & Landed Property @ Lekki Axis by lawyer(m): 10:56pm On Mar 05, 2009
@Ashington

I think i get your rebuttals and to an extent, it is a well structured agrument to buttress your point. The only major flaws in it was that until i brought out these posers,your details about the properties in question where sketchy and led me to raise alot of posers.

Agents have to realise that majority of the intending purchasers are probably based abroad and most of them in Nigeria are not that conversant with property issues hence the need to satisfy their curiousity thoroughly and be genuine in your posts. Every available information needed to aid the buyer is a most and when they become scared or unsure, they panic and seek for true interpretations of the intended post to sell properties.

Like i said earlier on, my duty is 100% devoted to the purchaser to guide hem to make a wise and honest decision to make them sleep peacefully at night and not to support the agent marketing it.

While i understand quite clearly everything you said, i do wish to point out that your "red herring" pun is misplaced in this situation because it is a well known fact that the purchasers lawyer drafts the deed of assignment. Like i stated earlier, since you are selling a large expanse of land which you have done the survey layout and your seeking for subscribers, the best you can offer is a contract of sale to streamline it. What if i decide to pay for 5 months and default, would i still be entitled to get a deed of assignment from you? Rather it is the contract of sale that stipulates everything necessary for the purchaser to do which is being drafted by your own lawyers and the purchasers lawyer verifies the authencity and hidden clauses.

In respect to the deed of assignment, how many purchasers engage lawyers in verifying deed of assignments after it has been drawn by your lawyers? Nairaland is full of stories regarding mortgage properties where the purchaser just paid money after it has been advertised to them without duely going through the documents to verify them and they end up crying foul at the end. If you are telling me that your lawyers are just and fair in drafting the deed of assignment and they tell all the purchasers to get their lawyers to verify the deed before they sign them and place a caveat that the purchaser has waived his right to counsel if he has signed it without any lawyer verifying it, then you are very correct but i doubt if thats the system you practice but it can be improved on.

What if after your lawyer has drafted a boiler plate deed of assignment and it aplies to every subscriber who has paid and when you give it to a lawyer like me and i discover one or 2 clauses that might not be favourable to my client, do you and your lawyers re arrange the deed of assignment to suit that particular subscriber and redraft it all over again? Do you send out a dummy specimen contract to the subscriber's lawyer to vet before signing? What if i find out some clauses are very repugnant to the sale in favour of the purchaser and no concrete re-negotiation takes place, do you refund the money paid to the subscriber fully or you deduct his funds because he has already committed at first and he will be punished for not signing the deed of assignment at all cost?

Such indiscretion would only lead to an expensive lawsuit against your company or individuals involved which is not what you need right now hence these little advises and issues i am bringing up to save the purchaser the headache and anxiety of buying lands that could lead to problems in future.

Finally after your rebutal, i will like you to state expressly in lay man's terms how much it is going to cost including all the hidden fees such as the survey and legal fees (If any) wink and lets have a grand total of what it will cost so that when the subscriber is coming to your office to investigate or is prepared to subscribe, at least he knows how much it is going to cost.

Cheers!
Re: Part 1: No Risk, No Return; Our Guide To Land & Landed Property @ Lekki Axis by wola44: 1:38pm On Mar 06, 2009
@ Ashington1

Can you clarified on regularation of the land to be done that we cost 200k.
Re: Part 1: No Risk, No Return; Our Guide To Land & Landed Property @ Lekki Axis by ashington1: 1:35am On Mar 08, 2009
wola44:

@ Ashington1

Can you clarified on regularation of the land to be done that we cost 200k.

@ wola44

Call Dr Asiwaju on 08023228456 for further information

thanks

(1) (Reply)

Kuramo Doors - Bama, Flush And Bullet Proof / Royal Haven Gardens Mowe Now Selling With Immediate Allocation / Take A Look At How I Clean Off Dirt From My System (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.