Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,808 members, 7,806,257 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. (29849 Views)

Step By Step Application Process For Nigerian Immigration Service Recruitment / Thank You Nairaland.. I Got Employed To ABM Group, Owerri Branch / Online Records 67 Percent Decline In Job Applications - Guardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by cyprus000: 12:42pm On Jun 13, 2015
Chinaimporter:
[size=13pt]In my company, i employ only first class graduates...not because they are smart but they are fully dedicated to the job..we have thousands of people with second class and they are just your average indisiplined nigerians...it takes serious dedication to make a firt class and that is the kind of spirit i want in my company.....i also employ mostly irreligious people and atheist,agnostic,deists etc because they are rational thinkers, better behaved,and not cut out for the bullshit called faith.....they work for me and me alone and i dont have to share loyalty with an imaginary helper from the sky.....i have a strict no alcohol at work policy and i dnt tolorate people that do drugs except for marijuana lovers although not the heavy users[/size]
[size=13pt]
And who the fvck do you think,you are to them?.

A kinds of god??

Even dangote nova run mouth lyk this.

Please next time.
Employ the use of OLX jumia etc.

To tell the world how you have a very big company that you only employ First class.

And how you censor their life.
[/size]

8 Likes

Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by ramalot(m): 12:43pm On Jun 13, 2015
People need to STFU about 2.2 graduates being screened out. Any mediocre student can graduate with a 2.2 grade in Nigeria.

Considering the average Nigerian graduate is barely educated, i see absolutely no reason why a requirement of 2.1 and up should not be used as a screener.

Granted, a 2.2 student might be intellectually superior to a 2.1 holder. HOWEVER, what sets them apart is "hard work & dedication." This is way more valuable in the workforce.

The same dedication to studies which resulted in a 2.1 is what would be applied to the job. Also, the same excuses, procrastination and low motivation which led to a 2.2 will also be brought forward to the job. If you owned the company, which of these would you want?

Reality over sentiment.

8 Likes

Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 13, 2015
victorels:
This is a torture. I was very optimistic of getting this job because it is my field and I have sufficient experience on the job, But my application was abruptly decline by the ATS because I had 2:2.

Frustrated. Maybe I should start doing some white lies about my grade. What do you think people.

Write them a polite letter telling them why you believe you're better than their type of candidates. Some companies do reconsider. I've seen it before.

1 Like

Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by Emeskhalifa(m): 12:45pm On Jun 13, 2015
Chinaimporter:
[size=13pt]In my company, i employ only first class graduates...not because they are smart but they are fully dedicated to the job..we have thousands of people with second class and they are just your average indisiplined nigerians...it takes serious dedication to make a firt class and that is the kind of spirit i want in my company.....i also employ mostly irreligious people and atheist,agnostic,deists etc because they are rational thinkers, better behaved,and not cut out for the bullshit called faith.....they work for me and me alone and i dont have to share loyalty with an imaginary helper from the sky.....i have a strict no alcohol at work policy and i dnt tolorate people that do drugs except for marijuana lovers although not the heavy users[/size]
bikoh hep me telk den woh.
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by dave2meek(m): 12:47pm On Jun 13, 2015
Sorry op the job is not yours, yours will surely come qualification will never be a barrier

1 Like

Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 13, 2015
divine2043:
Word of advice..

Get your stuff together. Having a 2-2 might mean that you cannot be short-listed for certain jobs but it does not mean that you cannot go on to do what you really want to do. In what country do you live?

I have discovered that in some countries, the grade 2-2 might not be as harmful as in some others. When you do a masters degree (or get an MEng degree). Things can only get better for you as a 2-2 graduate, especially if your masters is in a sought after field.

Do not waste time crying. Always check for requirements before applying. Do not waste your time applying if you do not meet minimum requirements. Never hope on 'luck' or 'God' if you have not done your homework. You'll be wasting your time.

Not everyone is destined for 9-5 jobs. What skills do you have? If you insist on getting a 9-5 then study further. Simple.

Hope that helps.

Got your story.

But God did it for me the fist time and second time.
I worked for MDGs and Central Bank of Nigeria on a contact and I gained my experience with such huge organisation. It was the same 2:2 that got me those. I understand clearly that it is not Gods will for me. I never bothered myself about job before. I just apply and that is it.
At the moment, I am handling more responsibility and I cannot afford a delay.

But God is on it.
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by portiphar5: 12:49pm On Jun 13, 2015
Must it be a 2.2,wat matters is d skill
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 13, 2015
victorels:
Sorry, Your Application is declined due to you did not meet the requirement of 2:1 and above.
if this was their response then I doubt the person who declined you got a 2:1 either
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by Chinaimporter: 12:56pm On Jun 13, 2015
cyprus000:
[size=13pt]
And who the fvck do you think,you are to them?.

A kinds of god??

Even dangote nova run mouth lyk this.

Please next time.
Employ the use of OLX jumia etc.

To tell the world how you have a very big company that you only employ First class.

And how you censor their life.
[/size]

Bro u can hate me all you like but it is my company and i employ who i want.....mine is a company where i tell you what you do and you do it.
I dnt need you to think and be smart ass for me.....all i need is your total submission and dedication to duty and i pay very well for it and if you dnt want, you resign and i still pay you four months salary after your resignation.
You will understand when you have a company with hundreds of difficult clients....total onedience is the answer
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by ramalot(m): 12:56pm On Jun 13, 2015
portiphar5:
Must it be a 2.2,wat matters is d skill

Your grade is a direct reflection of your capacity to learn and apply a "skill."

3 Likes

Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by mark2sunny(m): 1:00pm On Jun 13, 2015
Chinaimporter:

U call faith 'bullshit'?

Hmmmm. I used to think it was only the devil that rebelled against God. Ohh merciful father......somebody does not want to share his/her glory with God? Who gives u breath, science i guess!!! God. So far av not seen a worst situation than this. And these kind of people will share the lake of fire with ordinary lairs.....

Ohh i remember. Hell dnt exist but u do

1 Like

Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by Ayietim(m): 1:03pm On Jun 13, 2015
Don't lie about your grade. A Grade, in most cases, is not a function of one's level of intelligence, especially now that students pay for grades. Don't ever think about denying who you are for anything you need or want. Love who you are, focuse on improving your talent (we all have talents, just try to discover yours and it may not have anything to with the course you studied at school), work hard, be patient and one day, you may own a company bigger than the one you applied to. Money is never the issue, it about ideas and your readiness to start small and ignore every negative remarks from friends and loved ones, they will never see what you are seeing with your eyes. I wish you the best.
http://ayietim.

3 Likes

Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by room089: 1:04pm On Jun 13, 2015
My dear don't lose hope or be frustrated, yours will come. Even if you are very qualified: with enough experience and a 2.1, if they still don't want to take you, there is nothing you can do.
Are you telling me they must employ ALL the candidates with 2.1 and adequate experiences about the job?
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by denitro(m): 1:08pm On Jun 13, 2015
Chinaimporter:

Clap for yourself
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by bayulll01(m): 1:10pm On Jun 13, 2015
Chinaimporter:

Shut your rant madafucker u employ only 1st class werey who seek your opinion on this immature and pathetic,do u have a company olofo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by Nasri100(m): 1:18pm On Jun 13, 2015
bayulll01:

Shut your rant madafucker u employ only 1st class werey who seek your opinion on this immature and pathetic,do u have a company olofo

But why you disturbing yourself? Cant you observe from his '"typing pattern'' that he is an illiterate? Ignore the dude. Stop giving him attention.

2 Likes

Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by ogawisdom(m): 1:19pm On Jun 13, 2015
victorels:
This is a torture. I was very optimistic of getting this job because it is my field and I have sufficient experience on the job, But my application was abruptly decline by the ATS because I had 2:2.

Frustrated. Maybe I should start doing some white lies about my grade. What do you think people.

Stop crying abt ur 2.2 grade

Go and do a masters and move on
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by Nasri100(m): 1:21pm On Jun 13, 2015
ogawisdom:

Surrounding why i prefer reddit to Nairaland. Nigerians are just overly dramatic. You have a way (Masters) to massively improve your job prospect, but choose to come to Nairaland and whine. Wtf

2 Likes

Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by Kbs468(m): 1:21pm On Jun 13, 2015
prettyjo:
sad

sorry@op.

but seriously,we Nigerians are really the ones spoiling/corrupting this country.
All this preference for ist class and second class upper should definitely stop.those who had lower grades might even be better than they.

As far as am concerned,a 2.2 is not a lower grade.

@op,God is preparing your testimony,just keep trusting in him.
pls do not discourage serious students from their commitment. When u were sent to school and u dont take ur studies seriuosly by not preparing early until dieing minutes to exam and dedicating the rest of ur time to partying and parolling
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by prettyjo(f): 1:23pm On Jun 13, 2015
Kbs468:
pls do not discourage serious students from their commitment. When u were sent to school and u dont take ur studies seriuosly by not preparing early until dieing minutes to exam and dedicating the rest of ur time to partying and parolling
quote me only when you have sensible thing to say.I am not and can never discourage anyone from making good result, so what actually are you saying
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by donmanuel1: 1:27pm On Jun 13, 2015
One thing I hate seeing in nairaland is this issue of 2.1 and 2.2... Wats the difference between both is 0.01.In some courses this 2.2 is not easy to come by I tell you. This topic really kills the moral of 2.2 graduates especially those that gave in their best.
Nigeria kills talents. What courses this rubbish is just this high rate of unemployment

3 Likes

Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by bensonAkw: 1:27pm On Jun 13, 2015
A guy in my dept is struggling to graduate with the so called 2.2,however he is a guru in design and fabrication of machine tools infact, he lectures strenght of materials in a state university,most professors in my dept require his expertise in most of their designs for seminars and publications,we ought to have grad last year together but he is have some outstanding to clear,we pleaded with him to come over to clear them,he is not bothered cos he is making money big time out there,so my guy its all about perception and what u can offer,not the damn grade.
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by maestroz: 1:29pm On Jun 13, 2015
Chinaimporter:

you must be lebanese
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by LastProphet: 1:29pm On Jun 13, 2015
I talked about the dire plight of 2.2 grads in nigeria just recently and one guy was arguing with me. Nigeria is a country full of injustices and lop-sided-thinking leaders. For example do you rate a 2.2 from a tough school like FUTA with a 2.2 from Kogi State university or Abia state university? Organizations that have called them to interview can tell u, even a 3rd class fro FUTA or FUTM will shame a 2.1 from most of these mushroom state universities and yeye federal schools. Our educational sector is pure pure trash

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by koife(m): 1:30pm On Jun 13, 2015
ogawisdom:

Exactly what u did...and am done!
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 13, 2015
I will encourage 2:2 holders to work and gain experience and further run a masters course in the field of experience...you would never regret such move..it puts you at par with even a 1st class or second class upper graduate with an Msc...

For all those yearning to start with there undergraduate studies I urge y'all to be serious and attain a first class or a 2:1 because even the least company that wants to pay you 2naira per month requires you come out with such grades...
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by Funjosh(m): 1:36pm On Jun 13, 2015
shocked No Job for 2.2 shocked

Third Class should just find a way and Travel out of this country.
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by Tofax: 1:38pm On Jun 13, 2015
toluxa1:

People that now graduated with 3rd class nko?

My brother, i wonder o.The truth is that there's no Job in the country. The Supply is more than the Demand so the reason for all this discrimination. Can anyone show me those that graduated in the 60s-80s with 3rd class and Pass without a job? Infact they occupy various top positions with foreign mushroom advance degrees.

2 Likes

Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by Chiscomax(m): 1:43pm On Jun 13, 2015
ramalot:
People need to STFU about 2.2 graduates being screened out. Any mediocre student can graduate with a 2.2 grade in Nigeria.

Considering the average Nigerian graduate is barely educated, i see absolutely no reason why a requirement of 2.1 and up should not be used as a screener.

Granted, a 2.2 student might be intellectually superior to a 2.1 holder. HOWEVER, what sets them apart is "hard work & dedication." This is way more valuable in the workforce.

The same dedication to studies which resulted in a 2.1 is what would be applied to the job. Also, the same excuses, procrastination and low motivation which led to a 2.2 will also be brought forward to the job. If you owned the company, which of these would you want?

Reality over sentiment.

you are on your period that is why u re talking crap
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by seglad2(m): 1:44pm On Jun 13, 2015
I have 1st class in Bchem. What ur job nature undecided
Chinaimporter:
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by Kbs468(m): 1:49pm On Jun 13, 2015
prettyjo:
quote me only when you have sensible thing to say.I am not and can never discourage anyone from making good result, so what actually are you saying
U see how senseless u are? For even using the phrase 'sensible thing'. Just read again ur statement being quoted.
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by firstolalekan(m): 1:52pm On Jun 13, 2015
VickyRotex:
Don't lie about it. Keep pressing on.
This season shall pass, a new season will emerge.

It's all about being Persistent
Build your skills, and if possible you could further your education.
[s] When you have an Msc, 2:2 ain't important any longer. [/s]
But most importantly, keep pressing on.
Cheers

Dumb
What is this one saying?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. / Ways To Make Money As An Unemployed Graduate In Nigeria / Emirate Cabin Female Crew Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.