Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds (141934 Views)

My 2,000 Broiler Production Cycle / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures / My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by BELEXYFARMS(m): 8:52am On Jun 22, 2015
FarmTech:

I love this idea. Free ranging them in a plantation sounds good if you can secure the place.

Yeah... Thats what i'm thinking of doing on my fish farm. Someone will not spend too much on feeding them.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 4:41pm On Jun 22, 2015
Just 7 days old and they big and healthy.

3 Likes

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by MSItachi: 9:20pm On Jun 22, 2015
What is the surviver rate
Goldenboy842:
You have to provide enough heat and always changing the water.
It is from their behavior you will know if the heat is enough or not.
If the chick's are evenly distributed, the heat is okay.
If the chick's moves away from the heat source, the heat is too much.
If they gather under the heat source, the heat is not enough.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by RichDad1(m): 11:12pm On Jun 22, 2015
Goldenboy842:
You have to provide enough heat and always changing the water.
It is from their behavior you will know if the heat is enough or not.
If the chick's are evenly distributed, the heat is okay.
If the chick's moves away from the heat source, the heat is too much.
If they gather under the heat source, the heat is not enough.
It's a good news they're developing well.
I have 10 Broilers i rearing as pet...lool. They are almost three months old and I've been feeding them with Grower's mash from Top feed from the onset. So, today i wanted to purchase Finisher Top feed but i couldn't find it. So I decided to Settle for another product which is Hybrid. My question is, Will it affect them? Since I've been using Top feed all along?
How good is Hybrid products? Thanks all
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 9:26am On Jun 23, 2015
RichDad1:

I have 10 Broilers i rearing as pet...lool. They are almost three months old and I've been feeding them with Grower's mash from Top feed from the onset. So, today i wanted to purchase Finisher Top feed but i couldn't find it. So I decided to Settle for another product which is Hybrid. My question is, Will it affect them? Since I've been using Top feed all along?
Top feed & multi feed are good cos some analysis has been carried out on the feeds content.
I don't really know about Hybrid cos I ve not used it, since its d only one available you can go for it.
Please use starter feed instead of grower next time. Thanks a lot bro.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 10:15am On Jun 23, 2015
RichDad1:

Top and multi feeds are good cus analysis of the feed content has been done n found to be correct.
I don't really know about hybrid feeds.
You can make do of what you have since you not into commercial production yet.
Please use starter instead of grower next time.
Thks for your contribution.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 10:52am On Jun 23, 2015
MSItachi:
What is the surviver rate
So far i ve recorded 4 mortalities. 4 died.
I will give a summary of what i ve done so fa
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by RichDad1(m): 11:39am On Jun 23, 2015
Goldenboy842:

Top feed & multi feed are good cos some analysis has been carried out on the feeds content.
I don't really know about Hybrid cos I ve not used it, since its d only one available you can go for it.
Please use starter feed instead of grower next time. Thanks a lot bro.
Noted.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Mascotlawman: 5:42pm On Jun 23, 2015
can anyone help with vaccination program of layers? From day old to the time of lay. God bless u as u help.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 11:48am On Jun 26, 2015
At 10 days old.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 4:54pm On Jun 29, 2015
These are the drugs we used in the past 13 days
Vatalyte and TYLO DOX EXTRA

2 Likes

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by AgbenuAnna(f): 10:20am On Jun 30, 2015
Goldenboy842:
These are the drugs we used in the past 13 days
Vatalyte and TYLO DOX EXTRA
what of that medicine the give them once every week for 3 weeks ?I think the name is lasotha or so.u haven't given the birds?

2 Likes

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Johnnycife(m): 11:01am On Jun 30, 2015
Pls whats the cost the medicines you gave them?
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by fm4real2k6(m): 1:18pm On Jun 30, 2015
Do you need cheap lands for your large scale Agricultural purposes?

We've got more than 3,000 Hectares of land with C of O and we intend to sell cheaply for Agriculture and Agro-allied purposes.

The land is situated along Ilorin Ogbomosho Old road.

Check out this thread!
https://www.nairaland.com/2405069/big-deal-check-it-out
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 7:15pm On Jun 30, 2015
AgbenuAnna:
what of that medicine the give them once every week for 3 weeks ?I think the name is lasotha or so.u haven't given the birds?
They Just 2 weeks old now.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by AgbenuAnna(f): 2:55pm On Jul 01, 2015
Goldenboy842:

They Just 2 weeks old now.
I gave them lasotha today d we're 2 weeks yesterday

2 Likes

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by jamislaw(m): 5:34pm On Jul 01, 2015
Nice work bro we are waiting for ur next post.

1 Like

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 7:22pm On Jul 01, 2015
AgbenuAnna:
That is given at 3 weeks of age
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 7:32pm On Jul 01, 2015
AgbenuAnna:
I gave them lasotha today d we're 2 weeks yesterday
At 2 weeks which is 14 days you vaccinate against Gumboro Disease or infectious bursal disease.
Using Gumboro vaccine.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 7:41pm On Jul 01, 2015
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 8:08pm On Jul 01, 2015
Goldenboy842:
I vaccinated against Infectious bursal disease Aka Gumboro Disease with Gumboro vaccine.
At 14 days of age or 2 weeks old
2 weeks 2 days.

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by salam12(m): 8:58pm On Jul 01, 2015
Goldenboy842:

2 weeks 2 days.

Good job so far. Please what is the total mortality recorded so far.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 9:39pm On Jul 01, 2015
salam12:

Good job so far. Please what is the total mortality recorded so far.
THANKS FOR following. Mortality or recorded death is 6 (six)
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 7:14pm On Jul 03, 2015
At 2 weeks 3 days they are doing well.

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 9:37pm On Jul 03, 2015
Goldenboy842:
At 2 weeks 3 days they are doing well.
The birds are eating as if it is Government work, consuming 5 bags of feed in a week,
While me way dey type never choup.

2 Likes

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by AgbenuAnna(f): 7:55pm On Jul 04, 2015
Goldenboy842:

THANKS FOR following.
Mortality or recorded death is 6 (six)
.I.have 155 I died and one leg is broken .the are 2 weeks and 4 days

1 Like

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by macdot(m): 9:01pm On Jul 04, 2015
Goldenboy842:

The birds are eating as if it is Government work, consuming 5 bags of feed in a week,

how many are the birds and what is their consumption rate? i intend starting one soon.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 9:12am On Jul 05, 2015
macdot:

how many are the birds and what is their consumption rate? i intend starting one soon.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 9:13am On Jul 05, 2015
AgbenuAnna:
Nice work, is like you are always there with them.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 9:15am On Jul 05, 2015
AgbenuAnna:
Nice work, is like you are always there with them.
They ve passed d delicate time, success is sure. God bless the fruit of your work
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 9:25am On Jul 05, 2015
Johnnycife:
Pls whats the cost the medicines you gave them?
1300 naira
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by salam12(m): 9:49am On Jul 05, 2015
Goldenboy842:

Work done so far and result quite great. So far:

1) Total Feed consumption in kg or Bags at 2 wks
2) Total expense on drugs
3) How many times have you changed the litter so
4) Total expense on heating purpose and method used

Answers to these will aid most that may want to venture into broiler breeding.

Thanks a million.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos / My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna / Cost Analysis For 1,000 to 3000 Poultry (layers) Capacity & Feed Mill In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.