Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,483 members, 7,781,443 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:30 PM

Check Engine Code On Toyota Corolla 2005 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Check Engine Code On Toyota Corolla 2005 (1407 Views)

Help! Toyota Corolla 2005 P2716 Check Engine Code! / Top Reasons Why Your Car Check Engine Light Is On / Modifications On Toyota Corolla 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Engine Code On Toyota Corolla 2005 by atuegbe: 11:07am On Jun 13, 2015
pls my toyota corolla is showing check Engine code, i took it for scaning with the following report;

code 001
poo31 oxygen sebsor
heater control
circuit low
bank 1 sensor 1

code002

po420 catalyst sensor
Efficiency
below Threshold
(bank 1)

but the catayst cable tested ok.

They keep on clearing the check Engine Code without rectifying the fault but after driving for some hours the code appear again.

kindly send information that can be of help.

Thanks,
Re: Check Engine Code On Toyota Corolla 2005 by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:33pm On Jun 13, 2015
atuegbe:
pls my toyota corolla is showing check Engine code, i took it for scaning with the following report;

code 001
poo31 oxygen sebsor
heater control
circuit low
bank 1 sensor 1

code002

po420 catalyst sensor
Efficiency
below Threshold
(bank 1)

but the catayst cable tested ok.

They keep on clearing the check Engine Code without rectifying the fault but after driving for some hours the code appear again.

kindly send information that can be of help.

Thanks,

Oxygensensor is bad and must be replaced

Catalyst is bad and must be replaced or O2 sensor spaced

The bad sensor is bank1 sensor 1 facing the radiator.

If in lagos contact me for a fix.
Re: Check Engine Code On Toyota Corolla 2005 by sagiru2: 1:10am On Jun 29, 2015
oxygen sensor circuit problem may have to do with the electrical wiring for that sensor, replacing the sensor may not solve your problem you have to check that circuit first.
As for the second code the low efficiency of the cat is signalling that the cat is on its way out.
Re: Check Engine Code On Toyota Corolla 2005 by TUDEXautoCARE(m): 5:34am On Jun 29, 2015
@ atuegbe, Code P0031 means your A/F sensor Bank 1 sensor 1 has issue ranging from
1.A faulty Air/ Fuel ratio sensor is faulty
2.Bad wiring connection to the sensor circuit
3. An open in the Air/Fuel sensor fuse
4. ECM fault.
Most likely is the faulty A/F ratio sensor. It is the precat that is the sensor before the Catalyst on the Manifold End of your Exhaust close to the radiator.

For the code P0420 - Catalyst system efficiency below threshold

It is a fault that denotes the present of Catalyst or not.
A quick check is having a panel beater confirm the presence of the CAT. or the State it might be in deteriorating condition. The CATALYST deteriorates with age. If so, replacing the CAT is a good option
For further help
Re: Check Engine Code On Toyota Corolla 2005 by boldx(m): 4:39pm On Jun 29, 2015
check if oil from the engine is dropping on d oxygen sensor circuit. i.e Bank 1.

(1) (Reply)

Oil Leak On steering oil cooling Pipe / My Driver Ran Away With My Mazda Bus, Please Kindly Help Me If You Find It. / Please What Is Car/automobile/vehicle In Pidgin English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.