Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,497 members, 7,781,498 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:33 PM

Starting A Cooking Gas (LPG) Distribution Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Starting A Cooking Gas (LPG) Distribution Business (37577 Views)

Sales And Distribution Business / The Highly Lucrative Lpg/cooking Gas Station Business / Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting A Cooking Gas (LPG) Distribution Business by daretayo(m): 2:00pm On Sep 18, 2006
Hello does anyone have any idea about how one can get into LPG retail distribution business. I mean selling cooking gas.

I have a hunch that there is a big gap in the market. Converting those that use kerosine to gas and also offering delivery services might be a good idea.

Does anyone has a working idea of how this buiness operate? Thanks.
Re: Starting A Cooking Gas (LPG) Distribution Business by Seun(m): 6:39pm On Sep 23, 2006
There's a great business opportunity but the government is sure to "protect" this business opportunity from those who don't have friends in high places.
Re: Starting A Cooking Gas (LPG) Distribution Business by LoverBwoy(m): 6:46pm On Sep 23, 2006
with money you can make friends in high places

With good capital and serious business plan you can make friends in specific industry so you bypass the politics hopefully
Re: Starting A Cooking Gas (LPG) Distribution Business by Seun(m): 7:10pm On Sep 23, 2006
With EFCC on the prowl and Mike Adenuga on the run, one should be careful about using one's money to make friends in high places. Otherwise, one could be arrested and forgotten behind bars.
Re: Starting A Cooking Gas (LPG) Distribution Business by LoverBwoy(m): 7:28pm On Sep 23, 2006
that said one could also meet a proffessional marketer/manager who realise potentials and seeing as the person has the required bis plans and drive wink no dodgy thing
Re: Starting A Cooking Gas (LPG) Distribution Business by nico(m): 8:59pm On Sep 23, 2006
@Daretayo

First of all, do u have any money? as that is the main factor
Re: Starting A Cooking Gas (LPG) Distribution Business by LoverBwoy(m): 9:08pm On Sep 23, 2006
"seeing as the person have the required capital and solid business plan"* and a bit of lucky ofcourse.
Re: Starting A Cooking Gas (LPG) Distribution Business by Tuyis: 3:43am On Sep 25, 2006
@Daretayo

I believe this is is a good idea, however you need to conduct your own research to find out if enough people will buy gas instead of kerosine.
The market is potentially huge but old habits die hard, Nigerians are accustomed to using kerosine, therefore it may take a while to persuade them that using gas is safe. Safety is a major concern for most people.
Re: Starting A Cooking Gas (LPG) Distribution Business by lafile(m): 9:01am On Sep 25, 2006
there is a huge market o, did u know that nigeria has by far the lowest per capita usage of LPG in the west african sub region? did u know that gas flaring will be stopped in nigeria next year? and that the oil companies are trying to figure out what to do with the enormous quantity of gas that will be made available from next year? there's big biz about to start in LPG very soon. i'm trying to figure out a way to catch in on it. you should too
Re: Starting A Cooking Gas (LPG) Distribution Business by Seun(m): 1:02pm On Sep 25, 2006
Gas is more economical than Kerosine, and we now have gas cookers that are almost as cheap as kerosine stoves. Tha should be enough o convince them. Isn't it ironic that poor people use more expensive stoves?
Re: Starting A Cooking Gas (LPG) Distribution Business by daretayo(m): 12:18pm On Sep 26, 2006
Hello,
Its not that Iwant to start a mega company, I just want to set up maybe 2 or 3 outlets selling gas and also educate people that gas is cheaper than Kerosene .Maybe awareness campaigns and also help to finance the cost of the empty Cylinder and low cost gas cookers.And maybe offer home delivery on Motobikes(OKADA) for a flat fee.Basically add a few innovations to an old type of buiness.
Need to know the workings of the Buiness? where do they refill? how much e.tc.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Cooking Gas (LPG) Distribution Business by Temin(m): 2:38am On Oct 03, 2007
Bla Bla . His question was not asnwered. Brother I am doing a feasibility ssturdy on it. In Two months time I should have ompleted it.
Re: Starting A Cooking Gas (LPG) Distribution Business by faceless02: 2:31pm On Jun 05, 2008
has any one carried out an industry study on the cooking gas industry in nigeria? Kindly share with me if you have.
Thx very much.
Rgds
Re: Starting A Cooking Gas (LPG) Distribution Business by Jirator: 4:59pm On Sep 28, 2008
Daretayo,

Are you still interested in your gas retail business?

cheers
Re: Starting A Cooking Gas (LPG) Distribution Business by Jirator: 5:00pm On Sep 28, 2008
Daretayo,

cheers

daretayo:

Hello does anyone have any idea about how one can get into LPG retail distribution business. I mean selling cooking gas.

I have a hunch that there is a big gap in the market. Converting those that use kerosine to gas and also offering delivery services might be a good idea.

Does anyone has a working idea of how this buiness operate? Thanks.
Re: Starting A Cooking Gas (LPG) Distribution Business by securit: 2:56pm On Sep 29, 2008
Jirator,
I am interested, do you have answer to the questions posted?
Please, share with me eyanyi123@yahoo.com

Jirator:

Daretayo,

cheers

Re: Starting A Cooking Gas (LPG) Distribution Business by securit: 2:59pm On Sep 29, 2008
Temin,
Have you finished the feasibility study?
Please, share with me on eyanyi123@yahoo.com

Temin:

Bla Bla . His question was not asnwered. Brother I am doing a feasibility ssturdy on it. In Two months time I should have ompleted it.

Re: Starting A Cooking Gas (LPG) Distribution Business by Chrisrich(m): 4:23pm On Oct 07, 2008
No tangible Answer to an honest inquiry. just milling around. Too Bad!
Re: Starting A Cooking Gas (LPG) Distribution Business by bisanjay: 12:26pm On Oct 09, 2008
i'm interested in this topic as it's similar to my current research on supplying NGO petroleum product to Nigeria. my intention is to find out where i can get the high quality, relaible and better offer price (in Europe, middle East or Assia). i've got an invitaion to supply but i am in need of info on pricing, marketers/producers. Pls i need knowledgeable and experienced people to share their knowledge on this field of buzines
Re: Starting A Cooking Gas (LPG) Distribution Business by eurolexbtconnectcom(m): 10:03pm On Jun 08, 2009
Hello, I happen to have vast experience in NG and LPG installations for the domestic market. I am looking for a way to come back home to share my experience for the benefit of others. Being UK trained, does anyone know how one can get this opportunity started? I am also experienced in Solar installation for both hot water and electricity.

It is a pity that most of us in the Diaspora would like to come back home to create employment but, have not had the opportunity.
Re: Starting A Cooking Gas (LPG) Distribution Business by eurolexbtconnectcom(m): 9:32pm On Jun 25, 2009
Many thanks

I am more interested in pipework installations from gas mains into domestic or commercial properties. Also, installation of solar systems.
Re: Starting A Cooking Gas (LPG) Distribution Business by FunmyKemmy(f): 1:20pm On Sep 07, 2009
@ All,

Anybody with good information on how I can start a kerosene business should please contact me through ayokemi2003@yahoo.com.

Thank you.
Re: Starting A Cooking Gas (LPG) Distribution Business by mayorde(m): 11:40am On Oct 22, 2009
I just joined this Gas company some few months ago, to be precis July and i never knew opportunities exist in this biz. I have started using gas aty home and to tell u the truth it is more economical than kerosine. In my area where i live the closest gas plant is about God knows how many kilometers. I am already making plans to start a retail distribution in my area and to enligthen people on the economic benefit in using gas and that safety is guaranteed. If I tell you it is a good biz believe me cos i work as an accounting officer in the company, FAHOCH GAS km 5 Lasu-Isheri Rd, Opp Alimosho General Hospital.
Re: Starting A Cooking Gas (LPG) Distribution Business by mygladness: 12:41pm On Oct 22, 2009
mayorde:

I just joined this Gas company some few months ago, to be precis July and i never knew opportunities exist in this biz. I have started using gas aty home and to tell u the truth it is more economical than kerosine. In my area where i live the closest gas plant is about God knows how many kilometers. I am already making plans to start a retail distribution in my area and to enligthen people on the economic benefit in using gas and that safety is guaranteed. If I tell you it is a good biz believe me cos i work as an accounting officer in the company, FAHOCH GAS km 5 Lasu-Isheri Rd, Opp Alimosho General Hospital.

Good to know you work with the company, how does one get into the gas distribution business? Any info you can share base on your experience?
Re: Starting A Cooking Gas (LPG) Distribution Business by mayorde(m): 3:36pm On Oct 22, 2009
your gladness,there is no need for you to beef me, that i am working in a gas company doesnt mean i am paid like those working in shell, i work in a gas company that has a gas plant say like working as an accounting officer in a filling station so beef me not i aint that rich yet im coming soon.

To answer your question(time did not permit me the other time, i had important issues to attend to). what matters most is location and how you can market youself. If u can find a shop very close to where most of the people use gas or at least a reasonable percentage of the people use gas and that is quite far from a gas plant(need not worry, gas plants are quite scarce) then i would say u are in biz. u can also do home delivery, market yourself to fastfoods, hotels and other poeole that use gas regularly(hostels, catering schools etc and some companies like Nigerian brewries, evans or those that use for industyrial purpose) u could be their supplier. it dosnt require much. A delivery van if u can afford or a bike depending on how big ur dream is. just go to any plant and register as a distributor se fini.
Re: Starting A Cooking Gas (LPG) Distribution Business by mayorde(m): 3:51pm On Oct 22, 2009
it is not even a must u av a bike or delivery van. all gas plants have delivery van(s) and can supply you depending on the quantity u want to buy better still u can hire or watever a bike to carry it down to your shop, warehouse, company or wateva uve got. but first u need to learn how to refill, transfer, change valve everytin that u need to know about the biz. you also need to know where and how to buy cylinders and u need information. U can learn from any of this distributors u see on the road it will be worth your while. and guess wat? u can add creativity as an educated person. Think & grow Rich.

Will just like to add that u reali nid to b informed, the gas market is more or less like a stock market when demand is high the price increases. if u buy when the price is high and suddenly it comes down again u are in for it o so strive hard to be informed bt fear not u can always pass the burden to the customers(final consumer).

1 Like

Re: Starting A Cooking Gas (LPG) Distribution Business by mayorde(m): 3:58pm On Oct 22, 2009
That it is a good biz doesnt mean money will be flowin in like that oo. like every other biz u have to nuture it till it grows there will always be ups and downs. aand u av to seperate ur personal expenses from that of the biz. spend part of your profit and not part of ur capital.
Re: Starting A Cooking Gas (LPG) Distribution Business by ma123123: 1:39am On Oct 23, 2009
Dear Sir or Madam,
We are a group company located in China producing various kinds of textile products such as real wax, london wax, super soso,hitarget, kitenge, angel, nichem, auden, fancy,vilisco,etc .
Please feel free to contact me in case of any inquiries or questions.
Best regards!

Emily
Binzhou Group Co.,Ltd
Add: No.359,Huanghe 6 road,Binzhou,Shandong,China
Email : sales3@bzh.net.cn
Mobile:86-150 5439 0159

Re: Starting A Cooking Gas (LPG) Distribution Business by sonety2k(m): 11:17am On Oct 25, 2009
cool
Re: Starting A Cooking Gas (LPG) Distribution Business by modash(m): 11:15pm On Sep 02, 2010
Am Jst about to get into de business myself.
so is deir any advice i can get from yu guys
Re: Starting A Cooking Gas (LPG) Distribution Business by Temin(m): 4:38am On Oct 06, 2010
Bla Bla Bla
Re: Starting A Cooking Gas (LPG) Distribution Business by oyalagee(m): 2:58pm On Apr 05, 2011
I'm also trying to get a feasibility study on this but aren't easy. Actually stumbled into a website that has it well cvered but not downloadable.

Check this well side out for the feasibility report of LPG

http://www.scribd.com/doc/43715849/Lpg-Feasibility-Report

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit / Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa / Best Method To Send Money Abroad (US)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.