Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,810 members, 7,806,273 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager (12784 Views)

Enjoy A Free Course on Customer Relationship Management Professional (CRMP) / Become A Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) At A Discounted Price / Ican November 2015 Induction Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by mekuryo: 6:25pm On Jun 13, 2015
Today marks another level in my career as I was inducted as a certified project manager..#IPMP...oluwa modupe!!!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by kinibigdeal(m): 6:27pm On Jun 13, 2015
u don pass the professional exam(PMP)

5 Likes

Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by bigtt76(f): 6:30pm On Jun 13, 2015
Dem de induct CPM again? No bi to write pass up PMP?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by kinibigdeal(m): 6:32pm On Jun 13, 2015
bigtt76:
Dem de induct CPM again? No bi to write pass up PMP?

i wonder o
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by doublewisdom: 7:02pm On Jun 13, 2015
Project manager for UBA?

2 Likes

Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by vecman22(m): 7:12pm On Jun 13, 2015
Thumbs up man..

1 Like

Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by mekuryo: 7:21am On Jun 14, 2015
@vecman22...am honoured! Tnx..God will bless the reason behind ur smile
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by Mobi47(m): 8:10pm On Jun 14, 2015
mekuryo:
Today marks another level in my career as I was inducted as a certified project manager..#IPMP...oluwa modupe!!!
wao congratulobia,
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by Mobi47(m): 9:06pm On Jun 14, 2015
mekuryo
School me, I will be glad learning from your experience. Also running mine now. Are u a corps member?
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by proddey(m): 11:32am On Jun 15, 2016
I wrote the PMP paper based test in Lagos on May 7th 2016 as CBT has been cancelled in Nigeria for some years now, and I passed at first attempt! I'm here to assist those who are also seeking to obtain this global certification.

How I prepared
I spent exactly 5 weeks of study. Developed a study guide/ daily time table and was reading for about 5-6 hrs per day since I wasn't working so I studied full time.

Study Materials I used
I used Rita Mulcahy's book "PMP Exam Prep" which I read over once and revised it once. I watched all the PM prepcast videos by Cornelius Fitchner and listened to all the audio CD's in Andy Crowe's "Conversations on the PMP exam" these three materials were all very very good and I strongly recommend them to anyone preparing to take the exam. I never read the PMBOK guide as it was too boring and difficult to understand so I only used it as a reference guide. The PMBOK guide in itself is inadequate as it only covers about 70% of the curriculum of the PMP exam. You'll need to use additional materials as well.

I took all the tests in Rita's book and scored on average 77.5%. I also took all the assessment tests in the end of all the prepcast videos and scored an average of 79%. There are lots of tips, tricks and secrets for preparing and getting the answers right in the exam which I learnt from the study materials I used.

Before the exam
A week to the exam I felt I hadn't studied enough so I was scared that I might not pass so I tried to postpone / cancel the exam but I found out that it wasn't possible on the PBT . To cancel or postpone a PBT you'd have to do it 35 days prior to the exam. I eventually just decided to take the exam anyway based on what I had studied so far.

The exam day
The invigilators didn't allow us to use the dumpsheet before the exam started unlike on the CBT that you are given 15 mins before the exam to use the dumpsheet. There weren't more than 4 calculation questions and they were quite easy. Overall I felt the exam was very difficult as I only answered about 185 questions out of 200. I had to just guess the remaining 15 questions. I felt my chances of passing were 50:50. I had made up my mind that if I didn't pass, I would just resit the exam 3 months later in August. So I hoped for the best but prepared for the worst.

The results came out after 10 days by email as it was a PBT. I passed and I'm PMP certified now!!

Are you preparing to take PMP exam in Lagos? Would you like to have the study materials I used? then send me an email a2space2015@gmail.com and request for the materials.

I will also share with you some tips and tricks for passing the exam on the first try.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jun 15, 2016
@proddey i didnt know there was even a paper based test (pbt) for PMI's PMP, please how much did the test cost and is there a way to bypass the whole 2 years experience requirements. and how does one register for the pbt
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by Nobody: 7:08am On Jun 16, 2016
Cool. Oya go carry your cardboard asking for employment grin

#NoQuoteMeO
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by dadafe(f): 7:09am On Jun 16, 2016
more of this please @OP
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by chimah3(m): 7:09am On Jun 16, 2016
Nice
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by xxxtedyxxx(m): 7:11am On Jun 16, 2016
congrats
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by henrydadon(m): 7:12am On Jun 16, 2016
cheesy
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by Nobody: 7:13am On Jun 16, 2016
I'm Oracle and PMP Certified wink

2 Likes

Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by Kakamorufu(m): 7:14am On Jun 16, 2016
congrats pal
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by DankemzI(m): 7:16am On Jun 16, 2016
Congratulations mekuryo.
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by Nobody: 7:17am On Jun 16, 2016
Congrats man.
Can u give breakdown and cost implication of running the program?
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by Klin1(m): 7:20am On Jun 16, 2016
proddey:
I wrote the PMP paper based test in Lagos on May 7th 2016 as CBT has been cancelled in Nigeria for some years now, and I passed at first attempt! I'm here to assist those who are also seeking to obtain this global certification.

How I prepared
I spent exactly 5 weeks of study. Developed a study guide/ daily time table and was reading for about 5-6 hrs per day since I wasn't working so I studied full time.

Study Materials I used
I used Rita Mulcahy's book "PMP Exam Prep" which I read over once and revised it once. I watched all the PM prepcast videos by Cornelius Fitchner and listened to all the audio CD's in Andy Crowe's "Conversations on the PMP exam" these three materials were all very very good and I strongly recommend them to anyone preparing to take the exam. I never read the PMBOK guide as it was too boring and difficult to understand so I only used it as a reference guide. The PMBOK guide in itself is inadequate as it only covers about 70% of the curriculum of the PMP exam. You'll need to use additional materials as well.

I took all the tests in Rita's book and scored on average 77.5%. I also took all the assessment tests in the end of all the prepcast videos and scored an average of 79%. There are lots of tips, tricks and secrets for preparing and getting the answers right in the exam which I learnt from the study materials I used.

Before the exam
A week to the exam I felt I hadn't studied enough so I was scared that I might not pass so I tried to postpone / cancel the exam but I found out that it wasn't possible on the PBT . To cancel or postpone a PBT you'd have to do it 35 days prior to the exam. I eventually just decided to take the exam anyway based on what I had studied so far.

The exam day
The invigilators didn't allow us to use the dumpsheet before the exam started unlike on the CBT that you are given 15 mins before the exam to use the dumpsheet. There weren't more than 4 calculation questions and they were quite easy. Overall I felt the exam was very difficult as I only answered about 185 questions out of 200. I had to just guess the remaining 15 questions. I felt my chances of passing were 50:50. I had made up my mind that if I didn't pass, I would just resit the exam 3 months later in August. So I hoped for the best but prepared for the worst.

The results came out after 10 days by email as it was a PBT. I passed and I'm PMP certified now!!

Are you preparing to take PMP exam in Lagos? Would you like to have the study materials I used? then send me an email a2space2015@gmail.com and request for the materials.

I will also share with you some tips and tricks for passing the exam on the first try.

Will be glad to have the materials.
atmayinla@gmail.com
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by PAnaceA7(m): 7:23am On Jun 16, 2016
I need more enlightenment on this proddey and op... cuz I believed the ones corpers are doing is crap..i didn't do it as a Corper bcus wen I went online I saw it involves more than what they were telling us.
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by engrjacuzzi: 7:25am On Jun 16, 2016
thank God! at least you are part of the 3,000,000 people lai Mohammed will say has gotten job under PMB's administration.

1 Like

Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by aieromon(m): 7:31am On Jun 16, 2016
Photoshoot Date is June 2015.

Mod una well done oh angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by akyus(m): 7:32am On Jun 16, 2016
This na the one year anniversary.
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by tosyne2much(m): 7:34am On Jun 16, 2016
Spot on OP... I know that people will also celebrate with me soon
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by Whobedatte(m): 7:35am On Jun 16, 2016
proddey:

How I prepared

Study Materials I used

Before the exam

The exam day

Boss, kindly send to david.ademefun@gmail.com. thanks
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by vivaciousvivi(f): 7:42am On Jun 16, 2016
TheBatman:
@proddey i didnt know there was even a paper based test (pbt) for PMI's PMP, please how much did the test cost and is there a way to bypass the whole 2 years experience requirements. and how does one register for the pbt
I attended a 1 month lecture few years ago in Surulere and it was when I heard that the prep guide would be changed (I paid over N20k for Rita's Exam prep) that I decided to write the exam. I passed at first attempt. Wrote the compuer-based exam along Oba Akran in Ikeja. This was in 2013. Kindly contact Mr Sam Ubieya on 09 026 8546 23. He was one of my lecturers, my PMP counsellor and he does all the payments etc for me. At the moment, I am renewing my membership (it expires every 3yrs) and he is still doing it for me. Its not 419. He is a christian. Call to even find out answers to your questions.
Good luck friend.

1 Like

Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by 2baga(m): 7:44am On Jun 16, 2016
wailing:
I'm Oracle and PMP Certified wink

Guy you be hot cake oo. God ble Your hustle
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by EddyNumerouno(m): 7:45am On Jun 16, 2016
proddey:

How I prepared

Study Materials I used

Before the exam

The exam day

Morning, i havent registered but plan on doing, so i guess i have more than 5 weeks.
Eonumerouno@gmail.com
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by jackobi(m): 7:48am On Jun 16, 2016
proddey:

How I prepared

Study Materials I used

Before the exam

The exam day

Greetings Bro's. I would love the materials too. Pls forward to jack0son2@gmail.com.
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by oojehshez(f): 7:52am On Jun 16, 2016
congratz, ere repete

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Risk Management Forum / Chevron: No Plan To Migrate Jobs Outside Nigeria / Lawyers In The House Please Help. Can I Leave My New Job Without Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.