Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 (6684 Views)

*~ dayokanu Voted The EPL Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!! / Happy Birthday Dayokanu / Baptizing Dayokanu Into English(prem & 3lions) Fanatic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by akinalabi(m): 2:33pm On Feb 22, 2009
No one here is a stranger to the regular battles between
Dayokanu and Sauron. I remember the mod created a  thread
for them where they can battle.

I want to take the "fight" and "competition" to a more
direct route.

I call it the Champions league challenge.

@ Sauron and Dayokanu,

Which teams will qualify for the next stage of the UCL.

You don't need to predict the scorelines. Just tell us
who will upsatage the other over two legs.

We'll all see the results in 2 weeks (obviously).

The prize for the winner is $100.

Arsenal v Roma

Atletico Madrid v FC Porto

Inter Milan v Man Utd

Lyon v Barcelona

Chelsea v Juventus

Real Madrid v Liverpool

Sporting v Bayern Munich

Villarreal v Panathinaikos

ENTRY CLOSES TUESDAY 24TH FEBRUARY 2009. 19:45 GMT
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by Okijajuju1(m): 2:45pm On Feb 22, 2009
Dayokanu get special secret weapon, he will surely win.

@ Dayokanu

Remember to give thanks.
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by akinalabi(m): 3:04pm On Feb 22, 2009
Okija_juju:

Dayokanu get special secret weapon, he will surely win.

@ Dayokanu

Remember to give thanks.

Well. . .

Someone already rooting for Dayo. This should be interesting. wink
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by mukina2: 3:05pm On Feb 22, 2009
THis should be fun grin
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by akinalabi(m): 3:27pm On Feb 22, 2009
mukina2:

THis should be fun grin

You betcha ya. . .
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by dayokanu(m): 5:36pm On Feb 22, 2009
Akinalabi,

Nice concept.

What happens when we have a tie?

What I want all English teams to be eliminated but that might be a long shot.

I would come up with my predictions after consulting with the Elders (Okijajuju, Banom, Lagosboy and jakumo).

Watch this space.
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by Sauron1: 9:13pm On Feb 22, 2009
@ Akinalabi,

I am not really good with predictions but i will give it a go!!!

Arsenal v Roma

Arsenal [/b]will wrap this one.
Their passing game is suited for European games as their opponents won't put men behind the ball like Stoke and Sunderland.
If they can get their injured players up n running, it's a done deal for Wenger's goons.

[b]Athletico Madrid
should see this off too.
They have so much arsenal in their kitty not to blow Porto away unless something synonymous to the Biblical miracle happens.
Aguero, Forlan, Sinama Pongolle with Coupet in goal would be too strong for the Portugeezers.

Inter Milan v Man Utd

The tie of the round by a mile. The Champions of England locking horns with the Champions of Italy.
I will have to go with Man Utd on this one on the basis of their home form. 12 league wins and a draw at OT all season.
They have not failed yet to score at home in all competitions this season so the pendulum swings their way.
Inter Milan(Under Mourinho) have lost to 2 weak teams in the UCL group stage to shit teams like Panathanaikos and Werder Bremen.
In ma mind, i can see United seeing this off comfortably.

Lyon v Barcelona

Barcelona are UCL favourites but on current form(after dropping 5 points in the last 2 games), anything can happen.
The trio of Messi, Henry and a new-improved Etoo would be too much for Lyon
I will have to go with Barcelona on this one.
Lyon were shit against Bayern Munich at home and if the Nazis could score 3 goals in France, Barca would get SIX!!!

I would drop the other predictions tomorrow. cheesy
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by akinalabi(m): 9:44pm On Feb 22, 2009
dayokanu:

Akinalabi,

Nice concept.

What happens when we have a tie?

What I want all English teams to be eliminated but that might be a long shot.

I would come up with my predictions after consulting with the Elders (Okijajuju, Banom, Lagosboy and jakumo).

Watch this space.

Take your time. We have till Tuesday evening.

If there is a tie, we split it 50-50.
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by akinalabi(m): 9:46pm On Feb 22, 2009
~Sauron~:

@ Akinalabi,

I am not really good with predictions but i will give it a go!!!

Arsenal v Roma

Arsenal [/b]will wrap this one.
Their passing game is suited for European games as their opponents won't put men behind the ball like Stoke and Sunderland.
If they can get their injured players up n running, it's a done deal for Wenger's goons.

[b]Athletico Madrid
should see this off too.
They have so much arsenal in their kitty not to blow Porto away unless something synonymous to the Biblical miracle happens.
Aguero, Forlan, Sinama Pongolle with Coupet in goal would be too strong for the Portugeezers.

Inter Milan v Man Utd

The tie of the round by a mile. The Champions of England locking horns with the Champions of Italy.
I will have to go with Man Utd on this one on the basis of their home form. 12 league wins and a draw at OT all season.
They have not failed yet to score at home in all competitions this season so the pendulum swings their way.
Inter Milan(Under Mourinho) have lost to 2 weak teams in the UCL group stage to shit teams like Panathanaikos and Werder Bremen.
In ma mind, i can see United seeing this off comfortably.

Lyon v Barcelona

Barcelona are UCL favourites but on current form(after dropping 5 points in the last 2 games), anything can happen.
The trio of Messi, Henry and a new-improved Etoo would be too much for Lyon
I will have to go with Barcelona on this one.
Lyon were shit against Bayern Munich at home and if the Nazis could score 3 goals in France, Barca would get SIX!!!

I would drop the other predictions tomorrow. cheesy

Nice analysis.

Remember you can change your mind till Tuesday evening before
the book closes ala William Hill style grin
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by Sauron1: 10:06pm On Feb 22, 2009
akinalabi:

Nice analysis.

Remember you can change your mind till Tuesday evening before
the book closes ala William Hill style  grin

How are we getting paid?? Escrow or CHAPS or WU?? grin grin grin grin
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by akinalabi(m): 11:23pm On Feb 22, 2009
~Sauron~:

How are we getting paid?? Escrow or CHAPS or WU?? grin grin grin grin

I've been thinking about this. .  .

You live in the UK, Dayo lives in the US while I live in Naija.

For you, we have two options. One is to ask a friend to deposit
into your account. The other option is to chill till I come over.

For Dayo, this is a tricky one as I don't have a relation or close
pal living in the US.

@ Dayo,

Do you run a Naija bank account so I can deposit the Naira
equivalent or do you have someone you've been planning to
give money to so I can give to the person?  grin

This option is open to Sauron as well.
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by Sauron1: 11:32pm On Feb 22, 2009
akinalabi:

I've been thinking about this. .  .

You live in the UK, Dayo lives in the US while I live in Naija.

For you, we have two options. One is to ask a friend to deposit
into your account. The other option is to chill till I come over.

I will chillax till you come over.
Meanwhile, are you sure you didn't intend to write £100 instead of $100?? tongue
I stay in the UK and $$$ is not accepted. grin grin grin
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by rikkyjen(m): 12:03am On Feb 23, 2009
~Sauron~:

I will chillax till you come over.
Meanwhile, are you sure you didn't intend to write £100 instead of £100?? tongue
I stay in the UK and $$$ is not accepted. grin grin grin

Nope! He meant U$Dollars? Aint that the currency used in the World market?

Heheheh, Pounds? Yep, its the most valuable. but This aint the British Industral Revolution era!  grin grin grin

Its the Dollar-po times son! grin

On the contrary $100 is 45Pounds for ya. . . Stuff is chicken feed for ya, right?

Props to Akinlabi to doling this out though! grin

Chac, i also got ur PM. It got me cracking up. I thunk'd Seun restored the PM until i figured out Chac now has the power of em snitches.grin grin  grin grin

It just hit me, Youse now a Murderator! shocked shocked shocked

Is u now the Popo, son? U snitching now? Imma go bring my gunz and do you like 50 did Officer Ross!!!!! grin grin

My Holster is already opened ! Where my .44 and me Glocks at? cos Im coming for Chac! grin grin grin
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by Sauron1: 12:12am On Feb 23, 2009
rikkyjen:

Nope! He meant U$Dollars? Aint that the currency used in the World market?
Heheheh, Pounds? Yep, its the most valuable. but This aint the British Industral Revolution era!  grin grin grin
Its the Dollar-po times son! grin

My company will not accept US Dollars. shocked shocked

On the contrary $100 is 45Pounds for ya. . . Stuff is chicken feed for ya, right?
Props to Akinlabi to doling this out though! grin

£45?? Akin must up the ante. grin grin grin grin
See me thinking it would hit £70.

Chac, i also got ur PM. It got me cracking up. I thunk'd Seun restored the PM until i figured out Chac now has the power of em snitches.grin grin  grin grin
It just hit me, Youse now a Murderator! shocked shocked shocked
Is u now the Popo, son? U snitching now? Imma go bring my gunz and do you like 50 did Officer Ross!!!!! grin grin
My Holster is already opened ! Where my .44 and me Glocks at? cos Im coming for Chac! grin grin grin

I am not snitching. . . . . . .Debosky lured me into it.
Forgive me manners. tongue tongue tongue tongue

Where have u been??
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by akinalabi(m): 11:50pm On Feb 23, 2009
~Sauron~:

You wan kill pesin shocked

I'm only a petty trader o. . .

~Sauron~:

MOD? shocked shocked shocked

Which segment?
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by Sauron1: 12:19am On Feb 24, 2009
akinalabi:

You wan kill pesin shocked
I'm only a petty trader o. . .

Hehehehehehe. . . . .

MOD? shocked shocked shocked
Which segment?

Rap section. wink
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by dayokanu(m): 3:39am On Feb 24, 2009
Arsenal v Roma = Roma

Atletico Madrid v FC Porto = Athletico Madrid

Inter Milan v Man Utd = Inter Milan

Lyon v Barcelona = Barcelona

Chelsea v Juventus = Juventus

Real Madrid v Liverpool = Real Madrid

Sporting v Bayern Munich = Bayern Munich

Villarreal v Panathinaikos = Villarreal

I am going against all English sides here. These are my final prediction
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by Nobody: 3:42am On Feb 24, 2009
cool concept.  grin
But Dayo i think Man U will be too much for Inter.
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by rikkyjen(m): 4:24am On Feb 24, 2009
~Sauron~:

Where have u been??

Soldier, its obvious have gone incommunicando! Little wonder, i didnt know youse now a Mod!

Man, its been rough and rumble in Hoosier land, wrapping up a lotta shyte and tryna get married like comrade 4play!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

Where 4play @ again?
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by dayokanu(m): 4:52am On Feb 24, 2009
David, i cant just tip any English side. I go with my head. ALL EPL sides out!!!!!
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by rikkyjen(m): 7:34am On Feb 24, 2009
dayokanu:

David, i cant just tip any English side. I go with my head. ALL EPL sides out!!!!!

Your anti-EPL passion is so compelling that you think the EPL 4 would all bow out ignonimously?

Even though people here discuss on how you rave @ the EPL. Have never for once questioned ur analysis, not for once! simply because a lot of it makes sense and a few are incoherent gibberish. grin grin grin grin grin

Your statement above is an exact prototype of what i call "Nattering Nabobs of Negativism" grin apologies to Agnew Spiro

All em 4 EPL bow out? Na yam abi na beans wey dem dey cook for Ipetumodu or Angola hall in Ife? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by dayokanu(m): 1:50pm On Feb 24, 2009
@rikkyyen,
whatever
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by Sauron1: 2:07pm On Feb 24, 2009
rikkyjen:

Soldier, its obvious have gone incommunicando! Little wonder, i didnt know youse now a Mod!
Man, its been rough and rumble in Hoosier land, wrapping up a lotta shyte and tryna get married like comrade 4play!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

I see.

Where 4play @ again?

He's locked up in ma basement.
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by Phony200(m): 2:51pm On Feb 24, 2009
Good as the Serie A is, all their teams can't go into the Quarters. Bad as the EPL is, all their sides can't go out like that. Methinks over two legs, Man utd can beat Inter. Not because I'm a man utd fan, because of the level of performance of both sides. For once in a very long time, Fergie has the whole squad geared up in all competitions, even the lowly Carling cup. JM is good, noone can say that enough but i'll be surprised if they beat Utd over 2 legs. It's only a blind and highly optimistic person that would bet against Arsenal on their day. Same goes for Chelsea, Liverpool is made for Europe.
All in all, UCL springs surprises. Just ask AC Milan or any boy above 10 years old in Turkey.
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by akinalabi(m): 2:55pm On Feb 24, 2009
dayokanu:

Arsenal v Roma = Roma

Atletico Madrid v FC Porto = Athletico Madrid

Inter Milan v Man Utd = Inter Milan

Lyon v Barcelona = Barcelona

Chelsea v Juventus = Juventus

Real Madrid v Liverpool = Real Madrid

Sporting v Bayern Munich = Bayern Munich

Villarreal v Panathinaikos = Villarreal

I am going against all English sides here. These are my final prediction

Noted! wink
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by akinalabi(m): 2:58pm On Feb 24, 2009
@ Sauron,

You've not completed your coupon
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by Sauron1: 3:09pm On Feb 24, 2009
Chelsea v Juventus

Chelsea under Hiddink will TRY to prove their doubters wrong.
Even Avram Grant managed to beat Valencia @ Mestella Stadium last season after his appointment.
The personnel at disposal in Chelsea will be too much for Juventus. They are brimming with confidence at the moment.

Real Madrid v[b] Liverpool[/b]

Liverpool are European game masters. Their high tempo football would blow Madrid aside.
I expect em to go through and with Torres bang on form with the brutish nature of Mascherano, Madrid have no chance.

Sporting v Bayern Munich

This will be the shock of the round.
I am tipping Sporting Lisbon to upset the Nazis.
Bayern have been disappointing since Bundesliga resumed after their winter break.
Dropping points they shouldn't be losing and they are very low in confidence now. Sporting would thump em.

Villareal are difficult to break down on their day.
They are a very technical side and with Marcos Senna dictating the play in the middle of the park, Pana would be blown outta the water.
Rossi, Pires, Senna and Cygan are all gonna have their hands full though.
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by akinalabi(m): 3:17pm On Feb 24, 2009
~Sauron~:

Chelsea v Juventus

Chelsea under Hiddink will TRY to prove their doubters wrong.
Even Avram Grant managed to beat Valencia @ Mestella Stadium last season after his appointment.
The personnel at disposal in Chelsea will be too much for Juventus. They are brimming with confidence at the moment.

Real Madrid v[b] Liverpool[/b]

Liverpool are European game masters. Their high tempo football would blow Madrid aside.
I expect em to go through and with Torres bang on form with the brutish nature of Mascherano, Madrid have no chance.

Sporting v Bayern Munich

Bayern have been disappointing since Bundesliga resumed after their winter break.
Dropping points they shouldn't be losing and they are very low in confidence now. Sporting would thump em.

Villareal are difficult to break down on their day.
They are a very technical side and with Marcos Senna dictating the play in the middle of the park, Pana would be blown outta the water.
Rossi, Pires, Senna and Cygan are all gonna have their hands full though.

Noted!

I hope you're not tipping Sporting because of Dayo cheesy
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by rikkyjen(m): 3:20pm On Feb 24, 2009
Sporting v Bayern Munich

Son, must you and DayoKanu deliberately create a circus grin grin grin grin

Now, its you taunting the Nazi maybe cos he said Inter would chase United outta the San-siro!  grin

But son, lets be fair! Inter do have the balls to cause an upset for us. . .But Sporting Vs Bayern is a mis-match!. Expect this off-form Bayern to blow 'em off!

I see Y'all got mad love for yourselves. grin grin grin grin
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by tkb417(m): 3:21pm On Feb 24, 2009
@ Dayo,

Do you run a Naija bank account so I can deposit the Naira
equivalent or do you have someone you've been planning to
give money to so I can give to the person?  

This option is open to Sauron as well
hes owing me and im in 9ja.
I live in Lagos Nigeria.
pls wire me the thing
gtbank, standchart, ecobank, phb and FBN all have ma siggys

beep me when u need ma controls cool
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by Sauron1: 3:24pm On Feb 24, 2009
rikkyjen:

Son, must you and DayoKanu deliberately create a circus grin grin grin grin
Now, its you taunting the Nazi maybe cos he said Inter would chase United outta the San-siro!  grin

This is not a circus. . . . .This is WAR!!!!
How can Bayern beat Sporting Lisbon??
They will be disgraced like Zenit mashed em last season.

But son, lets be fair! Inter do have the balls to cause an upset for us. . .But Sporting Vs Bayern is a mis-match!. Expect this off-form Bayern to blow 'em off!

They can upset but United's defence is a PLUS. The team Mourinho trounced in 2004 was too inferior to what we have now.
Caroll/Howard in goal. . . . . .Kleberson and Djemba-Djemba in the midfield.
Abeg, we would pulverise Inter.

akinalabi:

Noted!

I hope you're not tipping Sporting because of Dayo  cheesy

Nah. . . . . .Bayern are shyte!!!
They lost at home to FC Koln last weekend, isn't it?
Re: Champions League Challenge Between Sauron & Dayokanu! Prize: $100 by tkb417(m): 3:29pm On Feb 24, 2009
Nah. . . . . .Bayern are shyte!!!
They lost at home to FC Koln last weekend, isn't it?
ure correct!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Brentford Vs Arsenal: EFL Cup 0 - 1 On 27th September 2023 / Names Of Chelsea Coaches Sacked Under Roman Abramovich / English/australia Football Pool Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.