Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,473 members, 7,808,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Are Birthday Celebrations A Sin As JW Would Have You Believe? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Birthday Celebrations A Sin As JW Would Have You Believe? (5629 Views)

What The Bible says about alcohol / Honouring Your Parents Wish To Commit Sin As A Child Of God / Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Birthday Celebrations A Sin As JW Would Have You Believe? by dolphinheart(m): 3:37pm On Jun 20, 2015
Everything that is in the Bible is there for a reason.- 2 Tim.
3:16, 17

(All scripture is given by
inspiration of God, and is
profitable for doctrine, for
reproof, for correction, for
instruction in righteousness:
That the man of God may be
perfect, throughly furnished
unto all good works.)

With that in mind , let us look at the bible again .

Birthdays where said to be celebrated during bible times and the bible mentioned directly and in detail 2 birthday celebrations.
What do we learn from these celebrations as recorded by the bible . We learn a few things

On the account recorded in genesis 40: 20-23 the following fact come out:
1. The pagan god-king Pharaoh was exalted in this celebration.
2. The event culminated in the death of the baker.
3. The servant of the true God remained in prison and did not partake in the celebration.

These celebrations was performed by pagans who do not serve God. They celebrated the event in such ways that displease God, therefore no true servant of God attended such celebrations why ?
Is it not probably because it is a pagan celebration and the process of observing such event have pagan origins?

Let's compare this facts with the second account of birthday celebrations thousands of years later and let's see the similarities.

The account of mark 16 :17-28
Gives us the following facts :

1 .like the event in genesis the bible is also repeatedly telling us again , several thousand years later that birthday was being celebrated by a pagan and by an adulterous king, of Idumean descent, (edomite) who worships false gods and also that this one was exalted in this celebration.
2. again like the event in genesis,this event culminated
in the death of John the Baptist.
3.once again like in genesis, No servants of the
true God did partake in such celebrations.

Does the similarities of the two events recorded thousands of years apart not tell you something?
Does it not show you that God is telling you how he feels about birthdays?

These recordings or accounts of birthdays recorded in the bible supports historical views that birthdays where being celebrated by pagan kings in time past .(we shall look at its origin later)

The bible did not just leave us with the events but also told us what God told his people about such pagan practices.
What did God tell the isrealites about these pagan practises ? The answer to that is in leviticus 18: 3-4.

(After the doings of the land of
Egypt, wherein ye dwelt, shall
ye not do: and after the doings
of the land of Canaan, whither
I bring you, shall ye not do:
neither shall ye walk in their
ordinances.
Ye shall do my judgments, and
keep mine ordinances, to walk
therein: I am the LORD your
God.)

From these verses we learn that jehovah warned the isrealites not to practise the things(doings) the Egyptians practiced and ill leave it to you to determine if such practices include the pagan celebration called birthday .
These verses also told the isrealite not to follow the doings(ways/practices) of the land of canaan in which king herod practiced. I'll leave you again to decide if the canaan land practice include the birthday celebrated by false God worshiping king called herod.

Pls note Gods directives , "do not do" and "do not walk"
These implies that, do not do what they do under any form or disguise or adjustments(Satan always uses these methods) and do not walk in their ways and practices such as birthdays which is deep in spiritism, astrology, magic and other practices that God hates.

Verse 4 states :
God.

In relating to these verse, the questions you should ask yourself as a bible student are:
Does Gods ordinances to the isrealites include celebrations?
If Gods ordinances include celebrations, is bithday celebration included in it?
If its not, why is the celebration of birthdays not included in it?
Does this not show me that God is displeased/does not want his people to practice a celebration that came from pagan origin?
Does this not show me that birthday is not a divine directed event. ?

Why does the bible not include the birthday or birthday celebration of just one of the numerous loyal servants of jehovah like moses, Joshua, David, loyal judges, loyal isrealite kings,nehemiah, Daniel, jesus, the disciples or any other early Christian.?
Does these not show me that they did not do such things and preffered to obey jehovah?

Does observing/marking/celebrating birthdays not show that I'm observing and marking time, days, years and events.?

What does the scriptures say about how God feels on such observations ? Galatians
4:9-11 tells us the answer.

To be continued .......

1 Like

Re: Are Birthday Celebrations A Sin As JW Would Have You Believe? by Princewell2012(m): 7:16pm On Jun 20, 2015
Esdb3:

Buhahahahaha grin very funny.

Because two birthday celebrations are mentioned in the bible, it means only two birthday celebrations were ever celebrated during bible times?

Because it was not written in the bible that Jesus laughed it means he didn't laugh?

Because some people used their birthday to glorify the devil I can't use mine to glorify God?

Weddings were celebrated by unbelievers, but christians do today in the church. How about that
P.S-- SUNday was the day the sun was worshipped, so to stop people from going their church was fixed on that day. So tell me, by your comment, who are you glorifying on SUNday??
God bless you sir, i had this argument with someone recently. So because something was not there does not mean it never existed before. The pharisees challenged Jesus, that his disciple dont fast, when they were with him. And he informed them that time will come when they will fast. So i told him that because they did not when they were with him does not mean that they never fast in their life. Remember the disciples of Jesus are pharisees before they meet Jesus, and they are not a baby and most of them are even older than Jesus by age. Everything can never be written in the bible.
Re: Are Birthday Celebrations A Sin As JW Would Have You Believe? by true2god: 11:06pm On Jun 20, 2015
dolphinheart:
Everything that is in the Bible is there for a reason.- 2 Tim.
3:16, 17

(All scripture is given by
inspiration of God, and is
profitable for doctrine, for
reproof, for correction, for
instruction in righteousness:
That the man of God may be
perfect, throughly furnished
unto all good works.)

With that in mind , let us look at the bible again .

Birthdays where said to be celebrated during bible times and the bible mentioned directly and in detail 2 birthday celebrations.
What do we learn from these celebrations as recorded by the bible . We learn a few things

On the account recorded in genesis 40: 20-23 the following fact come out:
1. The pagan god-king Pharaoh was exalted in this celebration.
2. The event culminated in the death of the baker.
3. The servant of the true God remained in prison and did not partake in the celebration.

These celebrations was performed by pagans who do not serve God. They celebrated the event in such ways that displease God, therefore no true servant of God attended such celebrations why ?
Is it not probably because it is a pagan celebration and the process of observing such event have pagan origins?

Let's compare this facts with the second account of birthday celebrations thousands of years later and let's see the similarities.

The account of mark 16 :17-28
Gives us the following facts :

1 .like the event in genesis the bible is also repeatedly telling us again , several thousand years later that birthday was being celebrated by a pagan and by an adulterous king, of Idumean descent, (edomite) who worships false gods and also that this one was exalted in this celebration.
2. again like the event in genesis,this event culminated
in the death of John the Baptist.
3.once again like in genesis, No servants of the
true God did partake in such celebrations.

Does the similarities of the two events recorded thousands of years apart not tell you something?
Does it not show you that God is telling you how he feels about birthdays?

These recordings or accounts of birthdays recorded in the bible supports historical views that birthdays where being celebrated by pagan kings in time past .(we shall look at its origin later)

The bible did not just leave us with the events but also told us what God told his people about such pagan practices.
What did God tell the isrealites about these pagan practises ? The answer to that is in leviticus 18: 3-4.

(After the doings of the land of
Egypt, wherein ye dwelt, shall
ye not do: and after the doings
of the land of Canaan, whither
I bring you, shall ye not do:
neither shall ye walk in their
ordinances.
God.)

From these verses we learn that jehovah warned the isrealites not to practise the things(doings) the Egyptians practiced and ill leave it to you to determine if such practices include the pagan celebration called birthday .
These verses also told the isrealite not to follow the doings(ways/practices) of the land of canaan in which king herod practiced. I'll leave you again to decide if the canaan land practice include the birthday celebrated by false God worshiping king called herod.

Pls note Gods directives , "do not do" and "do not walk"
These implies that, do not do what they do under any form or disguise or adjustments(Satan always uses these methods) and do not walk in their ways and practices such as birthdays which is deep in spiritism, astrology, magic and other practices that God hates.

Verse 4 states :
God.

In relating to these verse, the questions you should ask yourself as a bible student are:
Does Gods ordinances to the isrealites include celebrations?
If Gods ordinances include celebrations, is bithday celebration included in it?
If its not, why is the celebration of birthdays not included in it?
Does this not show me that God is displeased/does not want his people to practice a celebration that came from pagan origin?
Does this not show me that birthday is not a divine directed event. ?

Why does the bible not include the birthday or birthday celebration of just one of the numerous loyal servants of jehovah like moses, Joshua, David, loyal judges, loyal isrealite kings,nehemiah, Daniel, jesus, the disciples or any other early Christian.?
Does these not show me that they did not do such things and preffered to obey jehovah?

Does observing/marking/celebrating birthdays not show that I'm observing and marking time, days, years and events.?

What does the scriptures say about how God feels on such observations ? Galatians
4:9-11 tells us the answer.

To be continued .......
You dont need to create and unfortunate circumstances in order to establish a doctrine or organization creed based on that situation. Yes it was recorded in the bible, twice, that a pagan celebrated birthday and did evil. Does the bible explicitly condemn\condone birthday celebration based on that? No.

Almost on a daily basis people die of road accident, does that mean that using vehicles is evil? No. Rather a law is in place to check over-speeding and drunk-driving. There is always a coveat in whatever someone does, and carelessness could be dangerous.

JW permit taking alcohol, rather responsibly, but deeperlife completly condemn taking alcohol irrespective of the quantity. Should deeperlife member condemn JW for that? No.

Remember that Lot got drunk before his children commited incesst with him, Noah also got drunk before his son mocked him for his unclothedness. So using this two cases, a deeperlife member has a moral and biblical right to also judge and condemn a JW member who takes alcohol.

As someone had said earlier, millions of birthdays might have been celerated (even among the jews) during the old days of the biblical period without any incident. So your using isolated cases to form a religios creed is wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Birthday Celebrations A Sin As JW Would Have You Believe? by CANTICLES: 4:17pm On Jun 21, 2015
paulGrundy:

Dogs are mentioned in the Bible 40 times, and in every mention they are described disparagingly. They are said to be lowly and unclean, used as an allegory for sodomites (Deut 23:17,18), and said to be no part of the New System (Rev 22:15). Yet, the Watchtower does not conclude dogs are not for Christians.

Bro , dogs are not sodomites nor pagans , they are animals that act on instinct , am 100% sure you dont know that a righteous man in the bible own dogs to protect his sheeps ? Dust off ur bible and read Job 30:1 .

Eye paint is mentioned twice, once in reference to wicked queen Jezebel (2 Kings 9:30) and secondly to apostate Israel (Jer 4:30), yet

Baseless, remember Job named one of his daughter in honour of eye paint , the name kerren - happuch means " horn of the black (eye) Paint"

For my trilion dollars , show me a righteous man that observe birthday celebration in the bible ?
Re: Are Birthday Celebrations A Sin As JW Would Have You Believe? by dolphinheart(m): 4:34pm On Jun 21, 2015
true2god:
You dont need to create and unfortunate circumstances in order to establish a doctrine or organization creed based on that situation. Yes it was recorded in the bible, twice, that a pagan celebrated birthday and did evil. Does the bible explicitly condemn\condone birthday celebration based on that? No.

Almost on a daily basis people die of road accident, does that mean that using vehicles is evil? No. Rather a law is in place to check over-speeding and drunk-driving. There is always a coveat in whatever someone does, and carelessness could be dangerous.

JW permit taking alcohol, rather responsibly, but deeperlife completly condemn taking alcohol irrespective of the quantity. Should deeperlife member condemn JW for that? No.

Remember that Lot got drunk before his children commited incesst with him, Noah also got drunk before his son mocked him for his unclothedness. So using this two cases, a deeperlife member has a moral and biblical right to also judge and condemn a JW member who takes alcohol.

As someone had said earlier, millions of birthdays might have been celerated (even among the jews) during the old days of the biblical period without any incident. So your using isolated cases to form a religios creed is wrong.

I was not trying to create an unfortunate circumstance .
I believe you read my post and must have agreed with the fact the events recorded by the scriptures on birthday and birthday celebrations are similar in terms of who celebrated it, the religion of who celebrated it and what happened at such celebration.
The scriptures did not infer on us that birthday was being celebrated by pagan idol worshipers once but twice to emphasis the background behind such practise and who is behind such Practise.

The events are not isolated, the events are strikingly similar in numerous was I'll state here again
1. They both celebrated birthdays
2. The are both exalted at such occasion
3. They are both kings
4. There kingship oppresses jehovahs people.
5. The are both pagans
6. They both worship false gods.
7. The both commit acts that jehovah hates during the celebrations.
8. Astrology was an important aspect of their religious beliefs.

The facts we get from the scriptures detailed account is not my own making. So pls why dnt you try to find out why the scriptures gave such details on those events, the similarity in detail despite such events being several thousand years apart.
Dnt you think that despite the bible talking in details about birthdays , it never mentioned or make reference to such celebration being performed by numerous (very many)loyal servants of jehovah whose lifestyle was giving in some level of detail? Not even one of them is associated with such celebration.
Do you not consider the fact that despite the numerous mentions (directly and indirectly) to calender dates in the scriptures ,of certain events and celebrations with dates included, no bible writer mentioned the date of birth of himself or other loyal servants of jehovah he wrote about?why is that.

Dnt use secular behavior or circumstance to argue on if birthdays should be observed or not .
Cars are not created for religious purposes, neither is alcohol, have you investigated how and why the celebration of birthdays was established?
Have you investigated how and why the statement "happy birthday" was established?
Have you investigated how and why candles are being fixed and lighted on a cake at birthdays?
Have you investigated the wild, brazen, sinful acts that are usually associated with birthday celebrations. ?

What do you think paul was refering to in the verses of galatians I posted earlier.?

Look at these again , the scriptures said the day of ones death is better than the day of birth, how well do people you invite for birthdays celebrate you after death. do they mark the anniversary of ur death with equal vigour and expectations?

By the way, what calender do u use to celebrate ur birthday, the one that was used when the scriptures where written or the ones used now? Cus as far as I know, those calenders are different.

To your question: the bible does not directly condone or condemn birthday celebration . But it did tell us that the celebration has pagan origin and made no mention of any servants of God doing such. This are facts and not propabilities.

It is now left for you and any religious body you associate with to see birthdays as a pagan celebration with spiritistic, astrological and magical undertones which no recorded association by servants of jehovah. Practicing such pagan celebrations under any guise or method is accepting that those pagan Gods are right. Remember. What happened to the isrealites when they made a calf serve as God after crossing the red sea.
Re: Are Birthday Celebrations A Sin As JW Would Have You Believe? by paulGrundy(m): 8:09pm On Jun 21, 2015
CANTICLES:

Bro , dogs are not sodomites nor pagans , they are animals that act on instinct , am 100% sure you dont know that a righteous man in the bible own dogs to protect his sheeps ? Dust off ur bible and read Job 30:1 .

You seem to have poor comprehension skills I never said dogs are sodomites, let me re-quote it for you.

Baseless, remember Job named one of his daughter in honour of eye paint , the name kerren - happuch means " horn of the black (eye) Paint"

For my trilion dollars , show me a righteous man that observe birthday celebration in the bible ?[/quote]
Re: Are Birthday Celebrations A Sin As JW Would Have You Believe? by paulGrundy(m): 10:34pm On Jun 22, 2015
CANTICLES:

You seem to have very poor comprehension skills, I NEVER said dogs are pagans or sodomites. Go through my quote again.

paulGrundy: Dogs are mentioned in the Bible 40 times, and in every mention they are [size=15pt]described[/size] disparagingly. They are said to be lowly and unclean, used as an allegory for sodomites (Deut 23:17,18), and said to be no part of the New System (Rev 22:15). Yet, the Watchtower does not conclude dogs are not for Christians

For my trilion dollars , show me a righteous man that observe birthday celebration in the bible ?

Cc: CANTICLES
Re: Are Birthday Celebrations A Sin As JW Would Have You Believe? by Emusan(m): 11:50pm On Jun 22, 2015
dolphinheart:
I guess you are one of those who see everything in black and white.

Yes! Especially the lies of watchtower

I've not discovered any incoherent teaching.
The organizations beliefs and practise of its members have helped me, in fact , it has saved me literarily!.

Why will you find any?

Only a close-minded person will look at watchtower teaching and says nothing was wrong.

*On different five occasions they couldn't identify who Angel Michael is----yet to you no incoherent
*For more than FORTY YEARS they taught the worshiping of Jesus Christ until they realized that such act is idolatry (what will happen to people who died with the believe of worshiping Christ?)----yet to you no incoherent.
*For more than TWENTY YEARS they are HERALD OF CHRIST but today they were no more Herald of Christ but Jehovah witness even though Bible testimony was that Jehovah Himself witnesses about His Son---Yet to you no incoherent
*They published a booklet title "Should you believe in Trinity?" and blindly distributed ONLY TO LATER DISCOVERED that the booklet was full of lies about what they wrote on EARLY fathers and the booklet was QUICKLY removed FROM THEIR ONLINE LIBRARY---yet to you no incoherent.
*They always preach against SPIRIT-ISM and at the same time use the source of those who involve in SPIRITISM as their support---yet to you no incoherent.
*JWs discredited Justin Martyr in AWAKE 1976 Nov 22 p.27 by saying Justin was not INSPIRED BY GOD as the Bible writers were simply because Justin plainly wrote that Jesus died on the CROSS but they can cite the work of Christianity TRASHIER like John Rylands, E. Washburn Hopkins, Siegfried Morenz, Will Durant, Arthur Weigall who DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE BIBLE talk less of Jesus Christ to support their claim IN THE SAME BOOKLET "Should you believe in the trinity"? And the funny part of it is that Justin Martyr was also wrongly quoted as a support in the same booklet. confuse people....
*I opened a thread about the comment of JWs on 1 Tim 6:16 you people pretended as if nothing happen simply because none of you could counter it

*The shocking one is when JWs say Jesus is not a MEDIATOR FOR MANKIND BUT ONLY FOR THE 144,000 holy one in heaven, and many more.....

Ur notice is totally wrong !
I've not said anything that goes contrary to the views of the organization.
If you really know me, ull realize that I'm not trying to serve jehovah cus of friends and family, they are secondary to the reason why I'm serving jehovah.

Check what you said earlier to what I posted you know that your statement here is nonsensical.

You see there post and publications from a wrong perspective cus you are constantly and desperately searching for "something wrong" with what they teach. This premeditated search of yours does not allow you to see the good things they teach you in their publications, which should be the main determinant.

With what I posted above, why would I take them serious?
Russell claimed to be mouth piece and directed by the Spirit of God likewise do Rutherford claimed the same ONLY another mouth piece and spirit filled present to arise and said what those mouth piece and spirit filled taught were IDOLATRY, who should will believe?

The funny part of it is that JWs can see the log wood in someone eyes but they couldn't see their own.

They made this statement about Catholic in 1970 "Yes, millions of persons have been shocked to learn that things they were taught as being vital for salvation are now considered by their church to be wrong. "Just ten years ago we Catholics had the absolute truth, we put all our faith in this. Now the pope and our priests are telling us this is not the way to believe any more, but we are to believe 'new things.' [size=14pt]How do I know the 'new things' will be the truth in five years?"[/size] Awake! 1970 Apr 22 p.8

With this question How do I know the 'new things' will be the truth in five years? everyone reading that statement can understand where they're heading to, whereas they couldn't ask themselves THE SAME QUESTION.

I think the question any open-minded JWs who truly wants to know the truth about the TRUE GOD should ask his/herself is, why is the light getting brighter and why must it be?

Though some JWs actually know the reason why the light is getting brighter but they decided to continue to live with the lies.
Re: Are Birthday Celebrations A Sin As JW Would Have You Believe? by dolphinheart(m): 2:40am On Jun 23, 2015
Emusan:

Yes! Especially the lies of watchtower

Why will you find any?

Only a close-minded person will look at watchtower teaching and says nothing was wrong.

*On different five occasions they couldn't identify who Angel Michael is----yet to you no incoherent
*For more than FORTY YEARS they taught the worshiping of Jesus Christ until they realized that such act is idolatry (what will happen to people who died with the believe of worshiping Christ?)----yet to you no incoherent.
*For more than TWENTY YEARS they are HERALD OF CHRIST but today they were no more Herald of Christ but Jehovah witness even though Bible testimony was that Jehovah Himself witnesses about His Son---Yet to you no incoherent
*They published a booklet title "Should you believe in Trinity?" and blindly distributed ONLY TO LATER DISCOVERED that the booklet was full of lies about what they wrote on EARLY fathers and the booklet was QUICKLY removed FROM THEIR ONLINE LIBRARY---yet to you no incoherent.
*They always preach against SPIRIT-ISM and at the same time use the source of those who involve in SPIRITISM as their support---yet to you no incoherent.
*JWs discredited Justin Martyr in AWAKE 1976 Nov 22 p.27 by saying Justin was not INSPIRED BY GOD as the Bible writers were simply because Justin plainly wrote that Jesus died on the CROSS but they can cite the work of Christianity TRASHIER like John Rylands, E. Washburn Hopkins, Siegfried Morenz, Will Durant, Arthur Weigall who DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE BIBLE talk less of Jesus Christ to support their claim IN THE SAME BOOKLET "Should you believe in the trinity"? And the funny part of it is that Justin Martyr was also wrongly quoted as a support in the same booklet. confuse people....
*I opened a thread about the comment of JWs on 1 Tim 6:16 you people pretended as if nothing happen simply because none of you could counter it

*The shocking one is when JWs say Jesus is not a MEDIATOR FOR MANKIND BUT ONLY FOR THE 144,000 holy one in heaven, and many more.....

Check what you said earlier to what I posted you know that your statement here is nonsensical.

With what I posted above, why would I take them serious?
Russell claimed to be mouth piece and directed by the Spirit of God likewise do Rutherford claimed the same ONLY another mouth piece and spirit filled present to arise and said what those mouth piece and spirit filled taught were IDOLATRY, who should will believe?

The funny part of it is that JWs can see the log wood in someone eyes but they couldn't see their own.

They made this statement about Catholic in 1970 "Yes, millions of persons have been shocked to learn that things they were taught as being vital for salvation are now considered by their church to be wrong. "Just ten years ago we Catholics had the absolute truth, we put all our faith in this. Now the pope and our priests are telling us this is not the way to believe any more, but we are to believe 'new things.' [size=14pt]How do I know the 'new things' will be the truth in five years?"[/size] Awake! 1970 Apr 22 p.8

With this question How do I know the 'new things' will be the truth in five years? everyone reading that statement can understand where they're heading to, whereas they couldn't ask themselves THE SAME QUESTION.

I think the question any open-minded JWs who truly wants to know the truth about the TRUE GOD should ask his/herself is, why is the light getting brighter and why must it be?

Though some JWs actually know the reason why the light is getting brighter but they decided to continue to live with the lies.

Good to know you read there publications fervently. One day you might see the truth therein.

You say I seem to have a view contrary to the organization, now you are implying I'm close -minded. Whichever the case, I'm not going to go into ur well planned twisting.do you notice here again, you docan not see their numerous good works !!?

I do not think you associate with any religous organization and if you do , I dnt think you will mention it. If you feel u have issues with the watchtower, their contacts is well known and written on their publications which you read regularly. Pls get in touch with them. As for me, I can only answer questions relating to what I believe in, what I know and what I have info on, using the scriptures as a guide.

Back to the thread, birthdays is a pagan celebration, was celebrated by pagans who worshiped false Gods and no servant of God was recorded as partaking or adopting such practices .
Re: Are Birthday Celebrations A Sin As JW Would Have You Believe? by paulGrundy(m): 6:20am On Jun 23, 2015
^^^ So of all the things he wrote it was only the names of your watchtower books that you saw. Smh

Which truth would he see one day? The "accurate" and "complete" truth abi?? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Are Birthday Celebrations A Sin As JW Would Have You Believe? by dolphinheart(m): 9:39am On Jun 23, 2015
^^^^ u where expecting me to reply on everything he wrote right? Wrooong!! I wunt tell him what he already knows. His post shows he knows where and how to search for the truth. Na only humility and humble assessment remain, and I'm not equipped for that.
Re: Are Birthday Celebrations A Sin As JW Would Have You Believe? by Emusan(m): 10:16am On Jun 23, 2015
dolphinheart:
Good to know you read there publications fervently. [size=14pt]One day you might see the truth therein.[/size]

How come I can see all these lies BUT YOU who is the majority READER didn't see the lies?

Please @bold-which TRUTH do you want me to see again from the above listed lies?

All I'm asking from you is to prove me wrong that those thing are not from Watchtower Society.

You say I seem to have a view contrary to the organization, now you are implying I'm close -minded. Whichever the case, I'm not going to go into ur well planned twisting.do you notice here again, you docan not see their numerous good works !!?

I'm not only implying that you're close-minded but still maintain my posit that your view is contrary to what your organization teaches which I supported with evidence just as you couldn't counter it in my previous post nor refuted any aforementioned lies about your organization.

I do not think you associate with any religous organization and if you do , I dnt think you will mention it.

Thank God that you only THINK, if you ask for my organization I will tell you.

If you feel u have issues with the watchtower, their contacts is well known and written on their publications which you read regularly. Pls get in touch with them.

How can an organization claimed to be mouth piece of God and directed by the Spirit of God and continue to LIE?
God can not lie, so anything that must come from God can't contain any element of lie YET your organization that claimed to be directed by a God who can't lie involved with many lies.

If this isn't a thing to ponder over for you it's a big concern to me.

As for me, I can only answer questions relating to [size=14pt]what I believe in,[/size] what I know and what I have info on, using the scriptures as a guide.

@bold-that's wrong claim, there's nothing you believe apart from what Watchtower teaches.
Unless you want to tell me that you're not subscribed to everything Watchtower teaches but once you agree with ALL WHAT IT TEACHES Mr man you don't have your own believe.

Since you use scripture as a guide, how do you understand 1 Tim 6:16 "who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see, to whom be honor and everlasting power. Amen."

Back to the thread, birthdays is a pagan celebration, was celebrated by pagans who worshiped false Gods and no servant of God was recorded as partaking or adopting such practices.

Actually, I was waiting to this end so that you can know that your organization truly perverted the scriptures to suit themselves.
Your Brother CANTICLES also bragged with this statement
"For my trilion dollars, show me a righteous man that observe birthday celebration in the bible?"

Now with this I'm going to show you from NWT that if Birthday celebration is PAGAN and celebrated by pagan then Abraham is also a pagan for celebrating Isaac's birthday.

There are a lot of cross-references represented with alphabet at the center of NWT and on online edition with plus (+) sign. What does it mean? It means the particular verse in view has direct link with the one being referenced to.

With this in mind, now let's go to real business.

Genesis 21:8 reads, "Now the child kept growing and came to be weaned; e [size=14pt]and Abraham then prepared a big feast on the day of Isaac’s being weaned."[/size] When you look at the reference to "e" in the center column it refers you to 1 Samuel 1:22 which read "But Han′nah did not go up,+ for she said to her husband: “As soon as the boy is weaned, I will bring him; then he will appear before Jehovah and remain there from then on.” + when you click at the last plus (+) sign it refers you to 2 Chronicles 31:16 that read "This was in addition to the distribution made [size=14pt]to the males from three years old[/size] and up who were listed in the genealogical enrollment, who came daily to serve in the house of Jehovah and to carry out the duties of their divisions."

From the above we know that a Child is weaned when he is three years old, to support this I'll quote from Easton's 1897 Bible Dictionary on the meaning of WEAN Wean:- Among the Hebrews children (whom it was customary for the mothers to nurse, Ex. 2:7-9; 1 Sam. 1:23; Cant. 8:1) were not generally weaned till they were three or four years old.

So Abraham actually did a big birthday party for Isaac when he was three years old because [size=14pt]"...Abraham then prepared a BIG FEAST on the day of Isaac’s being weaned." (this can be translated "...Abraham then prepared a BIG FEAST on the DAY Isaac being three years old)"[/size]

Even while considering other event in the Bible like the case of Han'nah, Han'nah might have also threw a very big feast when Samuel was weaned, though we can't read into the scriptures what isn't there like JWs had read into the scriptures on what Bible didn't give any detail about.
Re: Are Birthday Celebrations A Sin As JW Would Have You Believe? by Emusan(m): 10:26am On Jun 23, 2015
dolphinheart:
^^^^ u where expecting me to reply on everything he wrote right? Wrooong!! I wunt tell him what he already knows. His post shows he knows where and how to search for the truth. Na only humility and humble assessment remain, and I'm not equipped for that.

You're clamoring on SEARCHING FOR THE TRUTH after I've shown you the lies from your organization, please can TRUTH AND LIE work together?

I'm showing you all these to let you know that your organization don't have ANY TRUTH which they always claim to have but lies.

Ephesians 4:14 says, "that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting,"

So if your organization wakes up today and says Ok! you can start celebrating birthday just as the way they wake up and stop it after practicing it for many years. You'll still go with them.
Re: Are Birthday Celebrations A Sin As JW Would Have You Believe? by dolphinheart(m): 11:12am On Jun 23, 2015
Emusan:

How come I can see all these lies BUT YOU who is the majority READER didn't see the lies?

Please @bold-which TRUTH do you want me to see again from the above listed lies?

All I'm asking from you is to prove me wrong that those thing are not from Watchtower Society.

I'm not only implying that you're close-minded but still maintain my posit that your view is contrary to what your organization teaches which I supported with evidence just as you couldn't counter it in my previous post nor refuted any aforementioned lies about your organization.

How can an organization claimed to be mouth piece of God and directed by the Spirit of God and continue to LIE?
God can not lie, so anything that must come from God can't contain any element of lie YET your organization that claimed to be directed by a God who can't lie involved with many lies.

@bold-that's wrong claim, there's nothing you believe apart from what Watchtower teaches.
Unless you want to tell me that you're not subscribed to everything Watchtower teaches but once you agree with ALL WHAT IT TEACHES Mr man you don't have your own believe.

Since you use scripture as a guide, how do you understand 1 Tim 6:16 "who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see, to whom be honor and everlasting power. Amen."

Actually, I was waiting to this end so that you can know that your organization truly perverted the scriptures to suit themselves.

Now with this I'm going to show you from NWT that if Birthday celebration is PAGAN and celebrated by pagan then Abraham is also a pagan for celebrating Isaac's birthday.

There are a lot of cross-references represented with alphabet at the center of NWT and on online edition with plus (+) sign. What does it mean? It means the particular verse in view has direct link with the one being referenced to.

Genesis 21:8 reads, "Now the child kept growing and came to be weaned; e [size=14pt]and Abraham then prepared a big feast on the day of Isaac’s being weaned."[/size] When you look at the reference to "e" in the center column it refers you to 1 Samuel 1:22 which read "But Han′nah did not go up,+ for she said to her husband: “As soon as the boy is weaned, I will bring him; then he will appear before Jehovah and remain there from then on.” + when you click at the last plus (+) sign it refers you to 2 Chronicles 31:16 that read "This was in addition to the distribution made [size=14pt]to the males from three years old[/size] and up who were listed in the genealogical enrollment, who came daily to serve in the house of Jehovah and to carry out the duties of their divisions."

From the above we know that a Child is weaned when he is three years old, to support this I'll quote from Easton's 1897 Bible Dictionary on the meaning of WEAN Wean:- Among the Hebrews children (whom it was customary for the mothers to nurse, Ex. 2:7-9; 1 Sam. 1:23; Cant. 8:1) were not generally weaned till they were three or four years old.

So Abraham actually did a big birthday party for Isaac when he was three years old because [size=14pt]"...Abraham then prepared a BIG FEAST on the day of Isaac’s being weaned." (this can be translated "...Abraham then prepared a BIG FEAST on the DAY Isaac being three years old)"[/size]

Even while considering other event in the Bible like the case of Han'nah, Han'nah might have also threw a very big feast when Samuel was weaned, though we can't read into the scriptures what isn't there like JWs had read into the scriptures on what Bible didn't give any detail about.

1. I do not see them lying , you have not shown me any lies. All you have done and has always been doing is to take parts of their statement,(sometimes adjusting it)then state ur own personal understanding of it. If you where in search of the truth, you would have asked the organization about What they really meant or are trying to say. But you will not ask for clarification , why? Because you already have ur own view which you dnt want to change.
You say they lie based on ur own understanding which is cloudy , opinionated and lacks humility.
Re: Are Birthday Celebrations A Sin As JW Would Have You Believe? by paulGrundy(m): 11:12am On Jun 23, 2015
dolphinheart:

I was even expecting you to cry foul. A sincere truth-seeker would go and verify if what he wrote is true, not minding that it spoke against his denomination.
It is only a FOOL that does not confirm and verify everything he sees in his denominations publications.

Emusan, thumbs up for the expose smiley

1 Like

Re: Are Birthday Celebrations A Sin As JW Would Have You Believe? by Emusan(m): 12:03pm On Jun 23, 2015
dolphinheart:
1. I do not see them lying , you have not shown me any lies. All you have done and has always been doing is to take parts of their statement,(sometimes adjusting it)then state ur own personal understanding of it. If you where in search of the truth, you would have asked the organization about What they really meant or are trying to say. But you will not ask for clarification , why? Because you already have ur own view which you dnt want to change.
You say they lie based on ur own understanding which is cloudy , opinionated and lacks humility.

Very funny of you.

You do not see them lying when they wrote in their booklet that Justin Martyr, Origin, Clement of Alexandria e.t.c didn't teach anything about Trinity whereas all the works of these Ante-Nicene fathers shows that they all taught Trinity.

See the picture of the booklet "Should you believe in the Trinity?" page 7 below; Notice all these points from what your organization claimed in that page:
1. These fathers were ACKNOWLEDGE to have been leading religious teachers.
2. Dated back to the early century of CHRIST'S BIRTH.
3. That these fathers TAUGHT WHAT IS OF INTEREST.

YET! These people never taught of anyone using the Divine name.

So which means if these father actually taught what JWs didn't believe then JWs' teaching needs to be questioned.

So there's no winning way about it, it's either these three compliments about these fathers by JWs is true or false.
-If it's true then JWs' teaching needs to be thrown inside hell because from these fathers' work we know their teaching is totally different from that of JWs.
-If it's false why then JWs is using false teaching to support their own teaching which means they only make these fantastic statements to deceive people like you.

Now you've avoided the main point of this thread which is celebration of Birthday.

It's birthday a pagan practice now?

*NOTE: I'll ask you again, why did you think your organization remove the booklet "Should you believe in the Trinity" in their online Library?

Re: Are Birthday Celebrations A Sin As JW Would Have You Believe? by dolphinheart(m): 1:01pm On Jun 23, 2015
@ emusan

Weaned: To detach from that to which one is strongly habituated or devoted: She weaned herself
from cigarettes.
To accustom to something
from an early age. Often used
with on: "The northerners
among the refugees ... were
weaned on harsh weather and
infertile soils and are known for their rigorous work
ethic"

Weaning is the process of
gradually introducing a mammal infant to what will be its adult diet and withdrawing the supply of its mother's milk.
The process takes place only in mammals, as only mammals
produce milk. The infant is
considered to be fully weaned
once it is no longer fed any
breast milk (or bottled
substitute).

The process of training a nursing child to take food in another way.

In ancient times, a mother
usually breast-fed her child for
some time, unless such
circumstances as inability to
produce sufficient milk or her
untimely death required that a
nursing woman be acquired for
that purpose. ( Ex 2:5-10)
The time when breast-feeding was discontinued marked a
significant point in the young
one’s life. ( Isa 11:8; 28:9 :
Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall
he make to understand
doctrine? them that are
weaned from the milk, and
drawn from the breasts.)

This happy event could call for a feast such as the one Abraham arranged at the weaning of Isaac.(Ge 21:8.:
And the child grew, and was
weaned: and Abraham made a
great feast the same day that
Isaac was weaned.)

In those days, women nursed
their children much longer than they do now in most parts of the earth. Upon being weaned, Samuel was old enough to be placed in the care of High Priest Eli and to serve at the tabernacle. ( 1Sa 1:24-28. : And when she had weaned him, she took him up with her, with three bullocks, and one ephah of flour, and a bottle of wine, and brought him unto the house of the LORD in Shiloh: and the child was young. And they slew a bullock, and brought the child to Eli.
And she said, Oh my lord, as thy soul liveth, my lord, I am the woman that stood by thee here, praying unto the LORD.
For this child I prayed; and the LORD hath given me my petition which I asked of him.
Therefore also I have lent him
to the LORD; as long as he
liveth he shall be lent to the
LORD. And he worshipped the
LORD there. )

He must have been at least three years old then, for the
registration of Levite males
began at that age. ( 2Ch 31:16 :
Beside their genealogy of males, from three years old
and upward, even unto every
one that entereth into the
house of the LORD, his daily
portion for their service in their
charges according to their
courses)

In his book Family, Love and the Bible (London, 1960, p. 175),
Raphael Patai says of Arab
children: “Cases are known
where a child was suckled until
his tenth year.”.

A weaned child, though no
longer yearning for nourishment from its mother, still finds security and satisfaction in her arms.
Comparably, David had soothed and quieted his soul “like a weanling upon his mother,” and his soul was ‘like a weanling upon him.’ Apparently it was soothed, quieted, and satisfied because he did not desire prominence, had manifested humility, avoided haughtiness, and refrained from walking in
things too great for him. He
urged Israel to act similarly,
humbly ‘waiting for Jehovah to
time indefinite.’— Ps 131:1-3.

What do we take from these
1. The bible did not say or indicate the exact age a child is weaned, talkless of it being on his third birthday. Even ur post shows that.

2 . The scriptures does not indicate or imply that Hannah took samuel to the temple at exactly 3 years of age.

3 . Service at the temple begin at 3 years and any additional day onward. No exact day or birthdate is required. What is required is that the child must be at least 3 years old.

4. The scriptures did not say abraham celebrated Isaacs birthday. the day one was weaned is not in anyway associated with birthdate in the scriptures. That day signifies the day he can now be taught other more important things bout life. No mention of birthdate, birthday or his exact age is mentioned In relation to when a child is weaned.
"Birthday" and "day" are two different words in the bible and cannot be used in exchange of each other.
5. The childs personality, body structure and a host of other heredictory factors determine when a child is termed weaned and is not associated with how long he/she has Lived on earth.

6. A day a child starts learning about his God is a joyous occassion, everyday inclusive every increase in knowledge of God should call for thanks.
7. Unlike birthdays, the scriptures did not indicate an anniversary of weaning.
8. Unlike birthdays, weaning is a process not an event, and the completion of that process(with no exact date indicated) can call for joy.
9. Unlike birthdays, the isrealites weaned their children and God approved of it but there was no mention of birthday celebration.
10. Birthday and weaning or weaned are totally seperate and not identical and can't ve used as comparison . Weaning is not pagan created custom while birthday is. Weaning is done for a period of time and essential for the childs growth while birthday is marked ones a year, at a particular date and not essential for a childs growth. A child is weaned and does not wean himself while birthdays is celebrated by the celebrant and not celebrated for him.

11. There was no mention of Hannah having any sort of celebration after weaning samuel. Pls dnt imply or add to what the bible does not say.

Birthday is based on pagan astrology views and plastered with spiritistic and magical processes, weaning is done out of love for the child and proper growth.
Re: Are Birthday Celebrations A Sin As JW Would Have You Believe? by dolphinheart(m): 1:28pm On Jun 23, 2015
Emusan:

Very funny of you.

You do not see them lying when they wrote in their booklet that Justin Martyr, Origin, Clement of Alexandria e.t.c didn't teach anything about Trinity whereas all the works of these Ante-Nicene fathers shows that they all taught Trinity.

See the picture of the booklet "Should you believe in the Trinity?" page 7 below; Notice all these points from what your organization claimed in that page:
1. These fathers were ACKNOWLEDGE to have been leading religious teachers.
2. Dated back to the early century of CHRIST'S BIRTH.
3. That these fathers TAUGHT WHAT IS OF INTEREST.

YET! These people never taught of anyone using the Divine name.

So which means if these father actually taught what JWs didn't believe then JWs' teaching needs to be questioned.

So there's no winning way about it, it's either these three compliments about these fathers by JWs is true or false.
-If it's true then JWs' teaching needs to be thrown inside hell because from these fathers' work we know their teaching is totally different from that of JWs.
-If it's false why then JWs is using false teaching to support their own teaching which means they only make these fantastic statements to deceive people like you.

Now you've avoided the main point of this thread which is celebration of Birthday.

It's birthday a pagan practice now?

*NOTE: I'll ask you again, why did you think your organization remove the booklet "Should you believe in the Trinity" in their online Library?

I wish I could discuss your view with you but
1. I dnt have a copy of the book for my own reference right here.
2 you have not provided prove that there statements where false
3. I dnt want to derail the thread.

On birthday : I have not avoided the topic. Yes birthday is a pagan celebration and originated from pagan beliefs and culture and you have not proved otherwise or shown where birthday is celebrated or originated by loyal servants of jehovah .

No matter who practise birthday celebration now, it does not change it pagan roots.
Re: Are Birthday Celebrations A Sin As JW Would Have You Believe? by Emusan(m): 2:28pm On Jun 23, 2015
dolphinheart:
He must have been at least three years old then, for the
registration of Levite males
began at that age. ( 2Ch 31:16 :
Beside their genealogy of males, from three years old
and upward, even unto every
one that entereth into the
house of the LORD, his daily
portion for their service in their
charges according to their
courses)

What do we take from these
1. The bible did not say or indicate the exact age a child is weaned, talkless of it being on his third birthday. Even ur post shows that.

Imaging after you've said that the Bible doesn't have exert age a child is weaning but your quote from 2 Ch 31:16 says "FROM THREE YEARS OLD"
which means a child can't be weaned unless the child is THREE YEARS OLD.

Mean while this still supports my initial post.

Thank God you can still say "This happy event could call for a feast such as the one Abraham arranged at the weaning of Isaac."

2 . The scriptures does not indicate or imply that Hannah took samuel to the temple at exactly 3 years of age.

Go back to school, you're not yet weaned.

ANY WEANED CHILD IS ALREADY THREE YEARS OLDER that's why Hannah herself said in the verse 22 that UNTIL THE CHILD WEANED which means UNTIL The Child reached a PARTICULAR AGE. take that into your skull!

3 . Service at the temple begin at 3 years and any additional day onward. No exact day or birthdate is required. What is required is that the child must be at least 3 years old.

Date of Birth begins immediately a child being born, according to you "Service at the temple begin at 3 years" if the day of birth isn't being counted, how will they know that the Child is 3 YEARS OLD for the service of the TEMPLE? Don't dodge my question ooo

4. The scriptures did not say abraham celebrated Isaacs birthday. [[size=14pt]the day one was weaned is not in anyway associated with birthdate birthday[/size] in the scriptures.

Are you for real?
If the day isn't associated with Birthday, how will they know that the Child is a particular year older?
Maybe weaning is through a random sampling.

That day signifies the day he can now be taught other more important things bout life. No mention of birthdate, birthday or [size=14pt]his exact age is mentioned[/size] In relation to when a child is weaned.

Anybody reading your post can quickly spot the lie, a child that is not 3 YEARS in AGE can't be weaned, please is there an exert age mentioned?

"Birthday" and "day" are two different words in the bible and cannot be used in exchange of each other.

See useless answer, Birthday simply means the DAY ONE WAS BORN and from that day, day will begin to count on the person.
So if a child must be 3 YEARS OLD before being weaned, please would they start to count its day of weaning when he/she was still in the womb?

5. The childs personality, body structure and a host of other heredictory factors determine when a child is termed weaned and is not associated with how long he/she has Lived on earth.

According to the scripture before a child can be weaned READY FOR THE SERVICE OF THE TEMPLE, the child must be 3 YEARS OLD, please when will the counting of his weaning start, while he was still in the womb or the very day he came out from the womb (day of birth-Birthday)?

6. A day a child starts learning about his God is a joyous occassion, everyday inclusive every increase in knowledge of God should call for thanks.

So a day in which God out of His infinite mercy has preserved my life for helping me to see another round day while my life started on earth, isn't called for THANKS!

7. Unlike birthdays, the scriptures did not indicate an anniversary of weaning.

Here is your statement "This happy event could call for a feast such as the one Abraham arranged at the weaning of Isaac

8. Unlike birthdays, weaning is a process not an event, and the completion of that process(with no exact date indicated) can call for joy.

See how you contradicted yourself, you said in the above that THIS HAPPY EVENT but here you said weaning isn't an EVENT.

9. Unlike birthdays, the isrealites weaned their children and God approved of it but there was no mention of birthday celebration.

Abraham arranged a BIG FEAST, please isn't FEAST a celebration?
And with the fact I've provided above weaning is done AT A PARTICULAR AGE

10. Birthday and weaning or weaned are totally seperate and not identical and can't ve used as comparison . Weaning is not pagan created custom while birthday is. Weaning is done for a period of time and essential for the childs growth while birthday is marked ones a year, at a particular date and not essential for a childs growth. A child is weaned and does not wean himself while birthdays is celebrated by the celebrant and not celebrated for him.

Please do you mean ONLY ISRAELITE practice WEAN?
Lol...A child is weaned not wean himself, what if my parent arranged the birthday celebration for me any offense?

11. There was no mention of Hannah having any sort of celebration after weaning samuel. Pls dnt imply or add to what the bible does not say.

When your organization had already done that.
Go back to my previous post I didn't say Hannah celebrated any thing.

Birthday is based on pagan astrology views and plastered with spiritistic and magical processes, weaning is done out of love for the child and proper growth.

And Abraham celebrated Isaac's birthday at the age of his weaning which is 3 years old.
Re: Are Birthday Celebrations A Sin As JW Would Have You Believe? by Emusan(m): 2:45pm On Jun 23, 2015
dolphinheart:

I wish I could discuss your view with you but
1. I dnt have a copy of the book for my own reference right here.
[size=14pt]2 you have not provided prove that there statements where false[/size]
3. I dnt want to derail the thread.

Lol...you see what I'm saying, how will you have the copy when they've probably stopped the distribution because of the lies against the Ante-Nicene fathers and removed it from their online Library.

Imaging the @bold-what evidence do you need again?

FYI: If you want the copy you can get it here: http://thesnarkyapologist..com/2013/02/should-you-believe-in-trinity-booklet.html

Why do you think they remove this booklet from their online Library?

On birthday : I have not avoided the topic. Yes birthday is a pagan celebration and originated from pagan beliefs and culture and you have not proved otherwise or shown where birthday is celebrated or originated by loyal servants of jehovah.

And Abraham made a BIG FEAST on the day Isaac was weaned at the AGE OF THREE.

At least you will agree with me that is Isaac isn't yet up to THREE YEARS OLD Abraham won't arrange any FEAST.

No matter who practise birthday celebration [size=14pt]now,[/size] it does not change it pagan roots.

See how your dubious act is being exposed. you put NOW so that what you can exclude what Russell and some of his successor did by covering them with THE LIGHT GETTING BRIGHTER.

Is it NOW or ALL THE TIME?

Let me help you re-frame your statement with the mind of honesty No matter [b]who practice birthday celebration (with the evidence that the founder of JWs Pastor Russell who claimed to be the mouth piece and directed by the Spirit of God and some Bible students after him actually did), it does not CHANGE it PAGAN roots.[/b]
Re: Are Birthday Celebrations A Sin As JW Would Have You Believe? by CANTICLES: 3:06pm On Jun 23, 2015
Emusan

Abraham actually did a big [size=23] birthday party for isaac [/size] when he was three years old

Show me where it is written that Abraham did a big "BIRTHDAY PARTY" For Isaac ?
Re: Are Birthday Celebrations A Sin As JW Would Have You Believe? by Emusan(m): 3:07pm On Jun 23, 2015
CANTICLES:
Show me where it is written that Abraham did a big BIRTHDAY PARTY For Isaac ?

Read all my post.
Re: Are Birthday Celebrations A Sin As JW Would Have You Believe? by CANTICLES: 3:12pm On Jun 23, 2015
Emusan:

Read all my post.

stop disgracing yourself , so you cant show me where it is CLEARLY AND NEATLY WRITTEN THAT Abraham did a big " BIRTHDAY PARTY " for Isaac ? grin
Re: Are Birthday Celebrations A Sin As JW Would Have You Believe? by CANTICLES: 3:12pm On Jun 23, 2015
Emusan:

Read all my post.

grin stop disgracing yourself , so you cant show me where it is CLEARLY AND NEATLY WRITTEN THAT Abraham did a big " BIRTHDAY PARTY " for Isaac ? grin
Re: Are Birthday Celebrations A Sin As JW Would Have You Believe? by Emusan(m): 5:51pm On Jun 23, 2015
CANTICLES:
grin stop disgracing yourself , so you cant show me where it is CLEARLY AND NEATLY WRITTEN THAT Abraham did a big " BIRTHDAY PARTY " for Isaac ? grin

Imaging I should stop disgracing myself is coming from someone who couldn't counter any of my post but only attacks strawman.
Re: Are Birthday Celebrations A Sin As JW Would Have You Believe? by CANTICLES: 6:08pm On Jun 23, 2015
Emusan:

Imaging I should stop disgracing myself is coming from someone who couldn't counter any of my post but only attacks strawman.

PLEASE SHOW this thread where it is written in the scriptures that " Abraham did a big BIRTHDAY PARTY for isaac" ?
Re: Are Birthday Celebrations A Sin As JW Would Have You Believe? by paulGrundy(m): 6:31pm On Jun 23, 2015
@dolphin and CANTICLES, there still several practises with pagan origin that the watchtower is fully aware of and still endorses, e.g the gregorian calendar is named after roman gods, the wedding ring is of pagan origin. Don't you think its hypocritical of her to dismiss birthday on that ground?
Re: Are Birthday Celebrations A Sin As JW Would Have You Believe? by true2god: 8:03pm On Jun 23, 2015
CANTICLES:

Show me where it is written that Abraham did a big "BIRTHDAY PARTY" For Isaac ?
Your question does not make sense.
Ok show me where abortion is condemned bible?
Re: Are Birthday Celebrations A Sin As JW Would Have You Believe? by dolphinheart(m): 1:24am On Jun 24, 2015
Emusan:

Imaging after you've said that the Bible doesn't have exert age a child is weaning but your quote from 2 Ch 31:16 says "FROM THREE YEARS OLD"
which means a child can't be weaned unless the child is THREE YEARS OLD.

Mean while this still supports my initial post.

Thank God you can still say "This happy event could call for a feast such as the one Abraham arranged at the weaning of Isaac."

Go back to school, you're not yet weaned.

ANY WEANED CHILD IS ALREADY THREE YEARS OLDER that's why Hannah herself said in the verse 22 that UNTIL THE CHILD WEANED which means UNTIL The Child reached a PARTICULAR AGE. take that into your skull!

Date of Birth begins immediately a child being born, according to you "Service at the temple begin at 3 years" if the day of birth isn't being counted, how will they know that the Child is 3 YEARS OLD for the service of the TEMPLE? Don't dodge my question ooo

Are you for real?
If the day isn't associated with Birthday, how will they know that the Child is a particular year older?
Maybe weaning is through a random sampling.

Anybody reading your post can quickly spot the lie, a child that is not 3 YEARS in AGE can't be weaned, please is there an exert age mentioned?

See useless answer, Birthday simply means the DAY ONE WAS BORN and from that day, day will begin to count on the person.
So if a child must be 3 YEARS OLD before being weaned, please would they start to count its day of weaning when he/she was still in the womb?

According to the scripture before a child can be weaned READY FOR THE SERVICE OF THE TEMPLE, the child must be 3 YEARS OLD, please when will the counting of his weaning start, while he was still in the womb or the very day he came out from the womb (day of birth-Birthday)?

So a day in which God out of His infinite mercy has preserved my life for helping me to see another round day while my life started on earth, isn't called for THANKS!

Here is your statement "This happy event could call for a feast such as the one Abraham arranged at the weaning of Isaac

See how you contradicted yourself, you said in the above that THIS HAPPY EVENT but here you said weaning isn't an EVENT.

Abraham arranged a BIG FEAST, please isn't FEAST a celebration?
And with the fact I've provided above weaning is done AT A PARTICULAR AGE

Please do you mean ONLY ISRAELITE practice WEAN?
Lol...A child is weaned not wean himself, what if my parent arranged the birthday celebration for me any offense?

When your organization had already done that.
Go back to my previous post I didn't say Hannah celebrated any thing.

And Abraham celebrated Isaac's birthday at the age of his weaning which is 3 years old.

Desperation to find fault will not allow you to understand what I posted.

1 . I repeat, the scriptures did not state an exact date a child is to be weaned. It can be 1 month , 6 months or ten years after birth.

the scriptures of 2 ch 31:16 did not make any reference to weaning . I quoted it in reference to Hannah taking samuel to the temple . She could not have done it unless samuel was 3 years and above. In essence and in particular , samuel was weaned at any age from 3 years and above. Samuel could gave been weaned at age 3 or 4 or 5 or even ten. There is no exact birthdate or age required for temple service other than it must be at any age on or above 3 years.

So pls dnt twist my statements.
A childs weaning period is not determined by his age. Weda weaned or not weaned, he cannot enter into temple service unless he is at age 3 or above. Linking weaning with age 3 is not a scriptural teaching.

2.derogatory statements are not for christians
Like I said, and like the scriptures make us to understand, weaning does not have a stated time period . The process called weaning have been explained in my post and the process is not complete untill the child passes through a stage in his life. I does not have an exact age!. The scriptures did not stage any age for weaning.
In relation to Hannah , the scriptures stated that samuel was taking to the temple when he was weaned , the rules for service indicated 3 years and above. So we can state that samuel(not all other children) was weaned at any time above 3 years of age.

3oga, birthday is different from birthdate. The day that one is born is recorded but not celebrated or marked. So the isrealites know the date when they where born according to the hebrew calender, but do not attach any pagan ceremonial attachment to it.
You can count ur age,as you grow older everyday. but celebrating the day of birth is pagan.

4. The scriptures did not indicate the date Isaac was weaned. It did not say abraham celebrated Isaacs birthday. The day Isaac was weaned could be at any age or day after his birth. He becomes weaned at any are he does not need his mother again for nourishment and protection and other things . This could be any age .Do not try to link Isaacs weaning with age 3. Do not try to link Isaacs weaning with birthday . The scriptures did not indicate such.

5 the scriptures did not give a time period or date to weaning.

The scriptures did not relate weaning to temple service when the law as to age of temple service was stated.

The minimum age for temple service is 3 years, one can also enter temple service at any age after age 3.
Stop bringing false understanding to what the scriptures says.

6. Good, everyday that one is being preserved by jehovah calls for rejoicing. Days is the only accurate accepted time measurement after the hebrew calender. All others calenders do not correspond with each other.the scriptures encourage us to praise jah every day.

7. . We are learning from the scriptures here. The scriptures did not indicate an anniversary for weaning. If I'm wrong pls show me where such anniversary is indicated.

8 "weaning" is a process and not an event. "Weaned" can be termed to be an event, depending on the person marking it. Pls read the definition of weaned and weaning again. Do not misquote me or do slice and join to my words. Abraham did not have a feast at Isaacs weaning but at when Isaac was weaned.

9. Fact: the bible did not indicate or make mention that a child must be weaned at a particular age.
Fact: even the law did not state a particular age for entry into temple service, it only states a minimum.
Fact: the bible definitely did not state that abraham celebrated Isaacs birthday.
Fact: the bible indicated what the feast was for, it was for the time Isaac became weaned. Not his birthday.

10. Weaning is a process performed by all mammals, not only isrealites.
Whosover celebrates ur birthday for you, as long as you dnt participate in it, then its not ur own birthday. Wherever they do it and whosoever attends, it is fallacy.

11. True, no argument , the bible did not say Hannah had any celebration after samuel was weaned.

If you feel or know that birthday celebration does not have root in astrology or spiritism , pls let us know.
Re: Are Birthday Celebrations A Sin As JW Would Have You Believe? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jun 26, 2015
Emusan:

So weaning party is now a birthday celebration. You are best left with ur error.
Re: Are Birthday Celebrations A Sin As JW Would Have You Believe? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 26, 2015
true2god:
Your question does not make sense.
Ok show me where abortion is condemned bible?

Another thread will do. A bible principle condemned it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guy Walks On Water / Is The Christian God A God Of Slavery? / We Are Ready To Accept Christianity If

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 252
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.