Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,088 members, 7,807,253 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

Best Antivirus To Use - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Best Antivirus To Use (97979 Views)

10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer / Best Antivirus To Use "PC World USA" Big Review 2012" / Upgrade Or Renew Your 2010 Norton Antivirus To 2011 1year Subscription #1,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Antivirus To Use by luvcherish(m): 4:52pm On Feb 22, 2009
[b][/b] BEST ANTIVIRUS TO USE

PLS KINDLY GO ONLINE AND DOWNLOAD THE LATEST AVAST

IS GOOD AND OK
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by lwise(m): 5:07pm On Feb 22, 2009
Wat d Bleep about avast.i cant recomend it 4my enemy.kaspersky is d best anti v on earth.u hav 30 days trial after u hav 2 buy.ive been usin mine 4 d past 3months witout payin a dime.i hav more dan 100 license key files n each wil last 4 six months.tanx 2 my friend in asia, whaoo
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by rkellyh(m): 10:07am On Feb 23, 2009
well i will say u should try avira antivirus
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by flamz(m): 1:41pm On Feb 23, 2009
I GUESS D BEST ANTI VIRUS SOFTWARE TO USE IS NOD32.

I HAVE TRIED SO MANY AND FINALY CONCLUDED ON USING NOD 32.
AVIRA WAS FRUSTRATING
KASPERSKY DETECTED MY O.S AS A VIRUS AND MY SYSTEM CRASHED.
AVAST IS JES A NOISY WARE THAT CANT DETECT NOTHING
MCAFE IS A NO GO AREA DEY LIKE OUR SERVICE PROVIDERS IN 9JA U'LL SURELY PAY FOR EVERYTHING
SHLD I GO ON?
I HAVE TESTED ALL THIS, IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHAT WORKS FOR U.

HOPE DIS HELPS LUVCHERISH
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by UNLEASHED(m): 4:34pm On Feb 23, 2009
Eset Nod 32!!
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Afam4eva(m): 6:58pm On Feb 23, 2009
Pls can someone help e with a license key for Nod32 or kaspersky.
send to my email afam4eva@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 23, 2009
Is there really any best antivirus to use in the actual sense? That is a question i get asked almost every day.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Weymola(m): 8:01pm On Feb 23, 2009
dhtml,
I like your question.
In my humble opinion there is no "best" antivirus out there. We all have preferences, some becoause they are free oters because they are good. So in some ways its a matter or choice.

Personally I try to use one or two vendors for antivirus, and aim to understand that product as best I can. That way I can always try my best to get it to work regardless of circumstance. I provide a service to serval clients, and they need there machines to work, not get slowed down by viruses and spyware, so its up to me to ensure there wishes are met. So for me the best antivirus is the one you can get to work and work well with out silly issues 90% of the time.

That said I currently use AVG, and BitDefender products for clients, and in my office we TrendMicro. Neither my clients or I have had a virus that hasnt been detected by either of these products. But in honesty I wouldnt say tey were the best, just the ones we use.

Cheers
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Nobody: 3:38am On Feb 25, 2009
That is the plain fact really. No need trying to impress anybody that i know the best antivirus.
At best, i know the strength and weaknesses of most
antiviruses i have used like Norton, Mcafee, AVG, Avast,
Kaperspy and many others like that.
And i can advice clients on what to use based on things like
if they have money for licenses, constant internet and all that.

But all that is just by the way, let us return to the topic.

@posters, more posts plz
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 25, 2009
I use kaspersky because its good, its license is cheap, and they have good online support. If kaspersky detected your OS as a virus, then its probably because you didn't download or get your OS from the right source (pirated and not original copy from OS vendor + patched with virus or suspicious files).
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by netotse(m): 11:37pm On Feb 25, 2009
i'm in with dhtml on this o,
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by alsas(m): 12:22pm On Feb 26, 2009
Bit defender is the best Anti-virus ever. All the rest are rubish but eset, karsparsky, norton, mcafee are trying. but the rest are just rubish.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by soki2ng(m): 2:50pm On Feb 26, 2009
bounced From Macafee to Karspersky to Avg, later heard about norton 360, checked it out, now back to Avg, i dont think i'll be switching any time soon,
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Lusheyi(m): 6:51pm On Feb 26, 2009
hey guyz,i tink avast is d best.i tried eset, it slowed down my system completely,kapersky does nt scan anytin,avira na decoratn,, them no de detect any virus,dem de compile d viruses til your system go die. i beg na who fit dash me avast license keysmileykiss
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by paule: 7:32am On Feb 27, 2009
Guys, I use anti-virus based on the virus, since an anti-virus can be stronger than the other
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by netotse(m): 9:28pm On Mar 01, 2009
Lusheyi:

hey guyz,i tink avast is d best.i tried eset, it slowed down my system completely,kapersky does nt scan anytin,avira na decoratn,, them no de detect any virus,dem de compile d viruses til your system go die. i beg na who fit dash me avast license keysmileykiss

eset doesnt slow down anything o!, wot are ur specs?
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by MrCrackles(m): 9:34pm On Mar 01, 2009
KASPERSKY ANTI VIRUS
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by chukslee2(m): 10:08pm On Mar 01, 2009
NOD 32, because this antivirus detects and removes virus that have attached themselves to files. (win32 which attaches it self to exe, html, and htm files) . Avg and Avast that i use previously see these files as virus and moves them to chest.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by christson: 9:39am On Mar 02, 2009
Hi, this is a good post. I have been seeking for an opportunity to talk about this subject.
Here are some links of private antivirus software rating sites, the information here will serve as a guide in antivirus software selection and purchase for all members of this forum. Here are the links:

http://www.virusbtn.com (antivirus software review here)
www.av-comparatives.org (antivirus software rating here)

Out of all the softwares rated in av-comparitives website, I use eScan antivirus and can recommend it to anyone here. Irrespective of the antivirus software you are currently using, you can download the 30 trial version of the software from their website @ www.mwti.com or www.mwti.net.
I have been using their software for more than one and a half years now and can tell you that its one of the best.

Its price goes for $25 for single user 1year license but you can get it from me at a discount of 20%, that is for just $20. Offer is valid while stock last!
For more information about the pricing for the multiuser and you purchase, you can contact me on:femielecttech@yahoo.co.uk or call +2348087289627.

N.B- Payment can be made both in Naira or in usd.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by basking4me: 3:42pm On Mar 02, 2009
For Free antivirus, I will say AVG is the best I have seen so far. Kapersky would be at number 1 for licensed antiviruses.

Norton & Panda are a pain in the neck free or licensed;

to install, stress, to uninstall, Palava.

If you have experienced uninstalling Panda or Norton be4 , you will know what am talking about,

Macafee is the quiet but quality performer, doesnt make noise but works very effectively.!

The AVG has a free version, which I use for most of my clients and they never complain of attacks. The AVG is so simple and works seemlessly with all applications, It doesnt eat up your memory like some other antiviruses. It installs easily and updates automatically like most other antiviruses.

Checkuout AVG, you'll love it,
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Mustay(m): 2:00am On Mar 03, 2009
I suggest Avast
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by tobidaflava(m): 9:22am On Mar 03, 2009
End Of Discussion.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by chiblinx(m): 1:03pm On Mar 03, 2009
there is no best antivirus but there is best performance. this means that want will work for mr A will not Work for Mr B because the way mr A is using the antivirus is different from the way mr B is using it and that is the difference.
All you need to do is know how the antivirus works and how good it is and always update it. don t just Go to computer village and buy antivirus that has been out dated for 2 years how is it going to work. always pay attention to the antivirus when it alarts you.
if you realy want to know how to stay free from virus and how to remove virus, you can try this site http://online-computer-repairs..com/2008/12/best-way-to-keep-your-computer-safe.html
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Kokodeni(m): 1:35pm On Mar 03, 2009
@Iwise
i hope you dont encounter the Viruses called SALITY & SALITYINQ.
By the time sality is true with your Computer (Ashan's Computer) na that time you go no say na Avast be the only the best.
Infact you will have 10,000 backup copies of Avast in your Softwares collection
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Kokodeni(m): 1:40pm On Mar 03, 2009
None of all thses Antiviruses you mentioned can kill this dreaded worm called sality
infact immidiately sality gets into your PC the first thing it corrupt is you resident Antivirus, then it takes over your Win32 folder, and the damage continues, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Kokodeni(m): 1:55pm On Mar 03, 2009
@lusheyi
how much you go pay (i also have update crack)
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 03, 2009
*Prowling about, looking for those to add to ban list*
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by disease(m): 10:31am On Mar 04, 2009
If anybody wants to use any Antivirus software its has to be the Internet Security versions or Enterprise versions.
All those tatafo free versions do not do anything.
If u have Avast Home Edition (its the free version) plz remove or uninstall it immediately and put Avast Professional or Avast Enterprise.
You can also try:
(1) Kapersky Internet Security 2009
(2) McAfee Security Center 2009
(3) AVG Internet Security
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by christson: 4:23pm On Mar 04, 2009
Has anyone tried eScan Antivirus, pls check my previous reply to get more information about this 5-star antivirus software.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by blackkabir: 5:52pm On Mar 04, 2009
Hello there,
Pls i want somebody to send me NOD32 and AVIRA ANTIVIRUS KEY
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by honsule(m): 7:05pm On Mar 05, 2009
@Lushayi and mustay.i quite agree with u guyz.am using Avast Prof 4.8 latest.(i have the key)whenever i just go online,it will activate and download a new database.there was a time i change to AVG and it was hell,in the sense that it even affected my browsing.@Lushayi what version are u using?i want to assist u with the registration key.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply)

Dos And Don'ts Of This Section / Come in for your Budget friendly US|UK used Laptop deals (Updated) / How To Crack An Encrypted Winrar Archive Without Password?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.