Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,161 members, 7,780,133 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:06 AM

Best Antivirus To Use - Computers (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Best Antivirus To Use (97744 Views)

10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer / Best Antivirus To Use "PC World USA" Big Review 2012" / Upgrade Or Renew Your 2010 Norton Antivirus To 2011 1year Subscription #1,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Antivirus To Use by kazzydude: 5:01pm On Apr 20, 2009
men u guyz should go and try Risin Antiviru its the Best for Now
is not going to make ur sysytem slow,

it clean Trojan and worms, i believe u knw what i am talking about,
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by otoyin(m): 5:55pm On Apr 20, 2009
There's no best Antivirus as far as am concerned, i believe you can only get one that is performing as the "relative best" per time.

you can get some FREE here to test around with

http://helpersforum.com/index.php?board=28.0

cheers
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by TmeD0(m): 8:37pm On Apr 20, 2009
@ Temihatz, try Avira Antivir.  it's free and won't let you down (as long as u keep it updated).  Peace!

@ otoyin, lol! bros, why didn't you just say you have a new forum that you're trying to generate traffic for rather than posting your url like you're trying to help.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by chrizfasa(m): 11:27pm On Apr 20, 2009
men in the house as a computer engineer, I recommend AVIRA and NORTON 350 for my client.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by frankdrek(m): 10:18am On Apr 23, 2009
WELL I HAVE USED APSOLUTLY ALL THE ANIVIRUS DISCUSSED HERE.
AND NONE HAS PERFORMED TO AT LEAST A 80% SATISFACTON.
WAS INTRODUSED TO AN ANTIVIRUS CALLED NONE 32,
INFACT I REALIZE ITS THE BEST.
NOTON IS A PAIN IN THE ASS, I WILL ONLY ATRACT VIRUS TO YOUR PCs, AND ONES THEY ARE RECIDENT ON UR SYSTEM FILES, WHENEVER U TRY TO SCAN FOR VIRUSES, IT WIIL LOCATE THOSE FILES, IE UR SYSTEM FILE AND DELET IT, I BET U, THIS IS WHERE UR PROBLEM STARTS,
KAPASKEY, AVAST AVG AND SO ON, HAS A PERTICULAR VIRUSES THE ARE MORE ACTIVE ON,
BUT NODE32 IS A NUTRAL MAN, AND RECOMEDED.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by jblueink: 8:04pm On Apr 23, 2009
well no anti virus can be said to be the best, since what serves you is what you will like and recommend for others if they ask.wat you like might be wat someone else hate, thats life.for me i have worked with many antivirus in the past and still working i will say the following i have tried are ok:kryspasky,avira,avast,sophos,AVG,norton. smiley
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by softtouch2(m): 5:13am On Apr 29, 2009
Over 4yrs now i have took pain to install and test common anti-Virus program to see how they work.
I must say that Kaspersky Internet security is the best, infact[b] Kaspersky[/b] is the only Anti-virus as at April 2009 with Proactive Defence Option.
The worst of them all is Norton & McCaffe. With brand new PC that came with preinstalled Nortons & McCaffe showing virus free, I uninstall and installed Kaspersky then performing full virus scan, I'm surprised with the result. If you are in doubt, uninstall your present anti-virus,, install kaspersky and perform system scan, then you make ur choice, even Kaspersky trial is far more better compared to Notron.

Some one mayl ask me why preinstalled Anti-virus are not good?, It is just like Mr Bigg's marketing Coca-cola, doesn't make Coca-cola the best drink!
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by latbabs(m): 1:24pm On Apr 30, 2009
as for me, i prefer PANDA ANTI VIRUS because it seems to be the best as for me so you all should try it/!!
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by dammy1102(m): 3:15pm On Apr 30, 2009
To me, the best antivirus is UBUNTU LINUX, i have windows and Ubuntu installed on my laptop, anytime i want to use a flash drive or go on the internet, i use my ubuntu linux, since most viruses are developed to crash windows based systems, well on my windows vista, i use AVG which is quite good except when you have loads of cracks on your system, also, my system is well partition into like 6, i have one for windows, then Ubuntu, then another for my softwares, then the remaining contains stuffs like virtual CDs, movies, pictures and likes. so setup ur system in such a way that even if virus attacks you, formatting ur O.S partition will not cause you any data loss since they are backed up on another partition.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by bluegenie(m): 1:50pm On May 01, 2009
Avast rescued my flashdrive today. I'll recommend it as well. cheesy
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by toxicguy: 7:14pm On May 03, 2009
kaspersky
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Nwaaba1(m): 3:10pm On May 07, 2009
who is the hell is deleting my post Bleep u that person bros go and get usb security for your self it remove all kind of virus thanks.

Re: Best Antivirus To Use by lonelygem(m): 6:42pm On May 07, 2009
[You can also try:
(1) Kapersky Internet Security 2009
(2) McAfee Security Center 2009
(3) AVG Internet Security]

my guy, these softwares can cause disease to one's financial potty,
why you guys no dey mention bullguard? na wetin me I dey use oh.
it has a reliable internet security, a light software on disc, sensitive file inspection and a good file backup strategy
"why ona dey fall my hands seff, abi this thing na setup?"
sad sad sad
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by UyiIredia(m): 8:46pm On May 07, 2009
From the posts I've read Kapersky has the clear upper hand in being the best antivirus ___generally gpeakiing.
Personally out of the jungle of 'antiviruses' i've seen, I've been impressed with only 3:[list]
[li]Kapersky[/li]
[li]Panda[/li] &
[li]ESET NOD32 (aka DR NOD)[/li]
[/list]

4 una wey virus dey kill God don cach u. learn now to:
-back up ya imp0tant files REGULARLY!!!l
-create a system rescue disk & like wat one a fellow 9ralanda said
-partition ya had disk [/b]in at least 2 places (if u fit use Ubuntu d beta)
learn now or more [b]trojans,spywares,malwares
2 ur system.

[center][center]If U CANT DO THIS I WONDA HOW U GOT 2 9RALAND IN DA 1ST PLACE[/center][/center]
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by codename47(m): 5:43pm On May 08, 2009
me i think the best anti-viruses so far (at least that i've enjoyed) are in no particular order:
1. Kaspersky
2. Bitdefender
3. Eset NOD32

And i just have a personal beef with ones like Avast, AVG(especially the free one), and generally any antivirus the comes with the system. grin
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Fluid1: 6:08am On May 10, 2009
Guys, try Noton360 and you will be glad you did.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by dominique(f): 7:33pm On May 11, 2009
wow i was hoping i to get info on what AV to use. but from what i've read so far. . . there is no such thing "the best antivirus". i'd better stay with my McAfee and leave it like that. actually i want to install Avast, should i remove the McAfee first or i can run both without crashing m computer?
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Fluid1: 10:02pm On May 11, 2009
Dear bros, there is no way you can run 2 Antivirus together on a system, OK, 1 must be uninstall for the other to work effectively.
Cheers.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by agabaI23(m): 12:25am On May 12, 2009
Fluid.:

Dear bros, there is no way you can run 2 Antivirus together on a system, OK, 1 must be uninstall for the other to work effectively.
Cheers.

I run spybot search and destroy and symantec together on the same system.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Fluid1: 12:42am On May 12, 2009
Symantec is a publisher of antivirus & not an antivirus.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 13, 2009
Found Norton to absolutely useless, if anything, I suspect it is actually adding more viruses to the system rather than helping the situation
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by flyuche(m): 6:15am On May 14, 2009
@all. get a mac or a linux pc, and bid farewell to viruses!
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by garba(m): 9:31pm On May 16, 2009
Avast boasts 75 million registered users. I am in the mobile download business, any body who knew
that business will understand me when I say I once [b]had to sell my car due to virus attack on my systems[b].
But my business is now safe, THANKS to AVAST. you have to know the secrets of using avast to apriciate its efficiency.
Ha Ha.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by dominique(f): 8:51pm On May 17, 2009
ibkaye:

Found Norton to absolutely useless, if anything, I suspect it is actually adding more viruses to the system rather than helping the situation

i'm with you on that, the AV completely slowed down my computer and never detected any threats. . .my computer guru sis advised me to change it to McAfee ASAP and i've not had any reason to regret it so far. don't know about the adding virus part though.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by taoballin: 4:01pm On May 18, 2009
Norton Antivirus and the new software now online which making PCs run like new,everyday
You can contact me for that to get you the link 080(78896469) or mail to taoballin@googlemail.com

God bless programming
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by baslone: 7:24pm On May 18, 2009
Kaspersky Internet Security

NO DOUBT!!!
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by frankonero(m): 10:27am On May 21, 2009
abeg how do get the linces key to avast , who fit help my life here
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Renz(m): 10:23am On May 22, 2009
Well Anti Virus that works for Mr. A may not work for Mr.B based on their level of understanding and what they are securing. As a matter of fact all free Anti Viruses comes with a particular kind of virus on it and mind you most Anti Viruses becomes a Virus once expired, also, stay away from trial versions, trial versions come with deadly viruses that is been activated after the trial period is over, its a trick that makes sure u buy the anti virus once the trial period is over by bombading ur system with viruses. You will know a good anti virus when it has expired, most anti viruses when expired freeze up the system and pop's up all kind of messages.

Thirteen Anti Virus Packages were put to test (by PC PRO www.pcpro.co.uk) to find out which one offers the best protection, below are the results:

Naked Vista - 100
Kaspersky - 94
Avira(Personal Edition) - 94
Avast Home edition - 96
AVG free edition - 96
Bullgard Internet Security - 96
Eset Nod32 - 97
F-Secure - 98
McAfee Plus - 98
Ms Windows Live One Care - 98
Norton 100
Panda - 101
Trend - 101
Zone Alarm - 101

Thats the result based on their (PC PRO, UK) findings after the test. Amongst the Anti Viruses mentioned Above, I have tried most of them and I find Zone Alarm more powerful. ZoneAlarm Notifies you of any process of whatsoever running in the canel and the back of the system. I will recommend it to advance system users, its perfect and thats what I have been using and I have also recommended it to many of my friends.

Like i said, Anti Virus that is suitable for Mr. A might not be suitable for Mr. B.
Different users with different ideas and challenges.

Go for the one that does the Job for you, the one that does the job for u becomes ur best.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply)

Dos And Don'ts Of This Section / Come in for your Budget friendly US|UK used Laptop deals (Updated) / How To Crack An Encrypted Winrar Archive Without Password?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.