Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,506 members, 7,781,553 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:54 PM

Best Antivirus To Use - Computers (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Best Antivirus To Use (97769 Views)

10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer / Best Antivirus To Use "PC World USA" Big Review 2012" / Upgrade Or Renew Your 2010 Norton Antivirus To 2011 1year Subscription #1,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Antivirus To Use by hansibone(m): 7:23am On Aug 21, 2009
@skydancer

and thats y we is testing it, at a beta version it outpaced full versions (MCAFEE n CO), damn wat would it do when it is fully developed? wink

no hard feelings dawg, but u is cool.

holla grin
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Enockia(m): 4:03pm On Aug 21, 2009
please which aniti virus can i use to remove ralia odinga
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by skydancer: 5:31pm On Aug 21, 2009
Your brains antivirus
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by hansibone(m): 5:54pm On Aug 21, 2009
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by hansibone(m): 5:32pm On Aug 23, 2009
@eazybuzy

yeah u is right, but beware of cracks, dey are very harmful, most of dem a trojan horses or sum sorta tool to take control of ur system in one way or the oda,

as for keys, antivirus companies assign a limited set of time to how may times u could use a key, (VRY BAD THIN),

but anyway, takia of ur system ur self by being careful, peace out,

note:dat antivirus u dey talk of i know am oh, but sumtimes, sumtime antivirus softwares see oda antivirus softwares as virues, because of the way dey try to access the system memory module,

antiviruses wack,
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by MakuT1: 3:44pm On Aug 28, 2009
Bitdefender is the best antivirus and d latest. confirm dis from microsoft website grin
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by zenus(m): 1:24am On Aug 29, 2009
Trend Micro \internet \Security a very good in a networking environment
it monitors hackers and also show computers connected to ur network
It detect all kind of virus
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by danieee(m): 4:28pm On Aug 31, 2009
trend micro internet security works well especially for networking environs, iagree with dat, but if you need an antivirus just for personal office use, i recommend nod 32, it's cool
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by FBS: 11:40am On Sep 01, 2009
@topic;
Try this: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and in combo with NOD32.
Super.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by zenus(m): 10:47am On Sep 02, 2009
I use Norton Internet Security 90days in my computer and I reset the timer to 90dayz again any time the dayz drop to about 10day
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Onesimus70(m): 3:32pm On Sep 03, 2009
Hi everyone, I am of the opinion that each one test and ascertain which antivirus best suit there situations. I for one have tried so many but the one that gives me 12 mths licence is avast and its light, and not disturbing.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by zenus(m): 6:51pm On Sep 03, 2009
Nod 32 takes less than 2min to update,
It's my 2nd bast anti virus on my chat list
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by tmny: 5:04am On Sep 04, 2009
Do u 've the 2010 upate for panda antivirus?,

I saw it on a site but dnt know how true it is.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by infocaster: 5:55pm On Sep 04, 2009
Why looking for Panda? Although it has a very strong and strict security scheme, it take a lot of memory space and make your system too slow.

I have tried full versions of Kerspersky and nod 32 but till 2morow i stick to my Avast professional(for vista). I have been using it for over 2 yrs without any problems to my laptop which i use in public cafes. I'm also confident in using any flash drive on my system because Avast cleans it like child's play. it is lightweight too.

A friend said he combines Nod 32 and Avast together. they seem to be compatible with each other but i have never tried it anyway because i have no need to.

Things to note.
Make sure you update your Avast everyday. they do updates most times twice in a day.
Do not use cracks, get a genuine license and you won't have problems with viruses. they have hard working programmers.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Irem(m): 8:08pm On Sep 04, 2009
The best Antivirus for me still remains Norton range of antivirus.
Norton Antivirus: offers standard PC protection, Norton Internet security:streamlined for internet protection minimising system recources, Norton 360: all in one protection.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by skydancer: 11:05am On Sep 05, 2009
NOD32 is just full of CRAP! I had to uninstall it immediately I installed. It could not even detect up to 5 viruses from the hundreds of viruses I dumped on my system, and worse, is that IT WAS UPDATED! And the viruses are old!!!
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by zenus(m): 11:31am On Sep 05, 2009
@skydancer
may be u install the wrong NOD 32 or outdated NOD 32
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by allinfog: 3:06pm On Sep 05, 2009
pls always chech for the lighter ones, panda has been a burden to my sis.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by remsol: 10:07pm On Sep 05, 2009
u are doing great job here
I am using a trial version of avast on my laptop but it just expire.
Pls someone should help me, I want to update it.
Need the code to update it pls. U can even send it to my  e mail;
a_owoso@yahoo.com
And i'll appreciate that.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Okikiolaol: 10:26pm On Sep 06, 2009
Bit Deffender is the best
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by OSE77(m): 3:43pm On Sep 07, 2009
how much can i pay for antivirus?
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by naylove(m): 7:24pm On Sep 07, 2009
hmmm best antivirus. no one 's ever gonna find. u know why? coz antivirus will only serve u well untill it is itself killed by virus. on a serious note. theres nothing like the best antivirus. even a nonsense antivirus is effective if it gets to update regularly while the so called good ones are nothing to write home about if they are unable to update.

notable ones are avast BUT it deletes important files along side side viruses.
eset BUT it starts to say server not found when u need to update.
norton BUT its not that powerful.
dr solomon hmmm does it still exist.
mcaffee i dont know much
panda- slows down the system
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by GEW: 7:28pm On Sep 07, 2009
naylove:

hmmm best antivirus. no one 's ever gonna find. u know why? coz antivirus will only serve u well untill it is itself killed by virus. on a serious note. theres nothing like the best antivirus. even a nonsense antivirus is effective if it gets to update regularly while the so called good ones are nothing to write home about if they are unable to update.

notable ones are avast BUT it deletes important files along side side viruses.
eset BUT it starts to say server not found when u need to update.
norton BUT its not that powerful.
dr solomon hmmm does it still exist.
mcaffee i dont know much
panda- slows down the system
i noticed a little square box when my mouse moves what is the possible cause of this cos i cant get it removed from my system/
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by onyekajosy: 4:16pm On Sep 09, 2009
we i will like to recommend this new and latest Anti- virus to the house .i move from Avira - avast from avast to kaspersky until now i got this antivirus that worked. well i knw u wont believe it because it does not have a well known name but i will advise u all to try it . it rising Antivirus.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by silver147: 12:42pm On Sep 10, 2009
Pls can any 1 help me out with kaspersky anti virus
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by supereagle(m): 2:22pm On Sep 14, 2009
Kudos to Avast Home Edition, the only problem I have using it is that of updating quickly,especially if left not connected to the net for a few days . I have used for months now and is serving the purpose.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by zenus(m): 6:15pm On Sep 14, 2009
for those of u with 2009 version
following this simple procedue

Re: Best Antivirus To Use by zenus(m): 6:19pm On Sep 14, 2009
1. Download the Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 Trial. (http://www.kaspersky.com/internet_security_trial)
2. Now visit this special Computer Shopper promotional page. (http://www.coverdisc.co.uk/cs249/kis/index.php)
3. Enter the asked details (you can enter fake information and disposable email address if you have privacy concerns), and submit the form.
4. Now for verification as a Computer Shopper reader, you will be asked to enter the fifth word of the sixth step from page 133 of issue 249, Simply, Enter “also” (without quotes) as answer and press Submit as shown below. (UPDATE: If the question changes follow the advice Here And Here by one of our reader)

for step 5
follow the image

Re: Best Antivirus To Use by tirex(m): 2:29pm On Sep 16, 2009
wat abt mcafee,i also need d registration code
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by pasimo(m): 12:18pm On Sep 17, 2009
IWhats happenin my phone show's system error (-1003) if i want 2 install a file that is not compatible wit my phone,
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by zenus(m): 5:16pm On Sep 17, 2009
how can u install a program that is not compactible wit ur phone to it

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (43) (Reply)

Dos And Don'ts Of This Section / Come in for your Budget friendly US|UK used Laptop deals (Updated) / How To Crack An Encrypted Winrar Archive Without Password?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.