Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,397 members, 7,800,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? (52986 Views)

How Old Was Adam When God Created Him? / What Race Was Adam? And You Say Evolution Is Crap? / Lagos Pastor Heals Mad Man On The Street (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 29, 2015
The funny part about these people is they will never learn, they have google and other sites that would enlighten them and instead of utilizing they prefare arguing outta hate and context.

chuna1985:

Brother Google is a free software ooo, use it.

It should be hard to discover Evolutions in both plant n animals.

1 Like

Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by Mcowubaba: 9:08am On Jun 29, 2015
A lot of arguments have been made, some valid while some of them absolute fallacy!!!
Firstly, sylarsquins is NOT a Christian, based on ur arguments.. A christian is not Some1 who goes to church regularly..A Christian is not some1 whose was brought up by a family 'practising' christianity as a religion!!
A Christian is Simply some1 that has accepted Christ Jesus as his/her personal Lord nd Saviour...Once u accept Christ, HE dwells in you, nd the Holy Spirit takes order nd control of ur life, nd the person is no longer canally-minded, u are guided by the Holy Spirit..Christ now lives in you...nd if CHRIST lives in u...You will never doubt his word!!!, CHRIST becomes part of u...u are part of the Bible!!!
@ topic, many Christ faithfuls have Clarified any doubt in CHRISTIANITY nd Origin of man...
Thumbs up to Barnabaseloka nd many others!!! GOD will Continually Bless u nd ur Families!!!!
Finally, I will also quote wat 5minsmadness(a nairalander cheesy, such a funny name) said 'It is illogical to argue with Some1 who has made up his mind not to accept the truth' I may have not gotten the quote exactly(the quote applies when arguing with most atheist, non-believers)...Only the Holy Spirit Converts souls to Christ, what we humans do is to convince the mortal man, then the Holy Spirit takes charge!!!

..EVERYTHING IN THE BIBLE ARE PURE AND TRUE!!!
People guided by Science, facts, theories, can never ever Understand the Bible...
Remain blessed!!

1 Like

Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by oshaosha2014(m): 3:17pm On Jun 29, 2015
sonmvayina:
I don't think our origin is as simple as the bible or the koran puts it..who was there to watch and record it...it is all guesses...so i won't waste my time trying..the early egyptians have their versions, the persians, the babylonians...all may be right..no one knows.....but my own personal take is that we are all given birth to by the. Gods, we are their children..they incarnated in different places under different names..

You want a video coverage of how Adam and eve were created Or is it the video coverage of all the people at that time? Or is it the fancy sport car Adam rode those times? Or, maybe, you want Adam's phone number so u could call and confirm from him if he was the first man on earth?

Everybody want to make the bible look like a lie, whereas they are clinging to another doctrine which maybe be another lie. Anything that will just make you disapprove the bible is ok.
Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by sonmvayina(m): 3:38pm On Jun 29, 2015
oshaosha2014:

You want a video coverage of how Adam and eve were created Or is it the video coverage of all the people at that time? Or is it the fancy sport car Adam rode those times? Or, maybe, you want Adam's phone number so u could call and confirm from him if he was the first man on earth?

Everybody want to make the bible look like a lie, whereas they are clinging to another doctrine which maybe be another lie. Anything that will just make you disapprove the bible is ok.

you don't even know the origin of the bible, you don't know where they got the information from...these stories where all flying around in the middle east..some documented, some passed on orally..because the bible was forced on you don't make it true..do your own research. you dont use only one document when writing your final year project..it wont hurt you.
Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by Achilies(m): 4:22pm On Jun 29, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]
5minsmadness:
The truth of the matter is many of you young people do not read. You carry the kindergarten knowledge of the bible you learnt while in school into adulthood. Then when you see a small scientific research you get confused and excited and start running about with this new-found knowledge that really isn't new at all and start blaspheming against God cos u feel Christianity has been oppressing you or holding you back from whatever it is you want to do.

It's a pity that many of our pentecostal churches are money and power oriented and Not really interested in increasing knowledge and the understanding of the scriptures for the love of God. Else a lot of these questions would have been answered.

If na so every mad people the reason I no mind to be mad o.

Guy Abeg wetin I go do so as to the experience this type of ur 5minsmadness?
Because u de make since pass we whe the claim sanity
Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by Hoseaovo(m): 5:31pm On Jun 29, 2015
its clear you are confused and about to get lost. just dont find an excuse here on nairaland.

science itself is confused and leading many astray.God's Word has always and will always prevail.

Open your heart in humility to the Saviour Jesus and you shall find your way
Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by PrinceVictorE(m): 5:56pm On Jun 29, 2015
sylarsquins:
The Big question is " How did Man come into existence"?. The many religions we have today and those of the old gods possesses different beliefs on how Man came into being.

As a Christian, i learnt through the bible how Man came into life and I don't have to share it because I believe everyone knows that including non Christians because am not here to quote the Bible as am not that religious.

The generally known belief on how man came into the world is best explained through academia which states the evolution of man proposes that humans and apes derive from an apelike ancestor that lived on earth a few million years ago. The theory states that man, through a combination of environmental and genetic factors, emerged as a species to produce the variety of ethnicities seen today, while modern apes evolved on a separate evolutionary
pathway.

My BIG question is, which should we believe and if Truly Adam came 1st from God, how then did he populate the world to what it is right now?.

Even with the little you know about God, your still not perfect..none of us is so why ask even more complex question? Even if you get the ight answer somewhere will it take you to eternity.
I beg keep your faith up and look up to God. Ask for blessings instead of questions.

1 Like

Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by Samdurance(m): 4:47am On Jul 05, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

Eve did not cause distraction to Adam. It was only when devil deceived Eve that such distractions came in. There are many distractions from both males and femlaes on earth today.
Gen.5:4 After he (Adam) begot Seth, the days of Adam were eight hundred years, and he had SONS and DAUGHTERS.

Is it that God dont know that the Devil would do such a thing? Guy Lets think.
Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by FeestoNOVA(m): 6:23am On Jul 05, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

The proof is that the word of God said so.
God's word might sound foolish but know that the foolishness of God is wiser than the wisdom of men. 1 Corinth.1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than the wisdom of men.
1 Corinth.2:13-14
13. These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14. But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Everything that is written in the Scriptures is by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. Only those that are spiritual will understand it, not those who see before believing God's word.
John 20:29 Jesus said to him, Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.

I have to quote from the bible b/c you said that you are a christian. If you were an atheist, I would not have wasted time discussing with you.
The way christians walk with God is that of FAITH (believing what the Scriptures say, even when we have not seen them).

Tell me how you believed in God, who is unseen and do not believe His word on creation b/c it cannot be proven scientifically. Are you not one-sided? If you want to believe science above God's word, do it wholesomely. If you want to believe God's word above science, do it completely.

If the word of God said that the first man was Adam and you do not believe it, then who was the first man that evolved from ape?
Does it mean that God can sometimes be foolish or that verse has a deeper meaning....
Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by FeestoNOVA(m): 7:08am On Jul 05, 2015
[quote author=sylarsquins post=34756702]The Big question is " How did Man come into existence"?. The many religions we have today and those of the old gods possesses different beliefs on how Man came into being.

As a Christian, i learnt through the bible how Man came into life and I don't have to share it because I believe everyone knows that including non Christians because am not here to quote the Bible as am not that religious.

The generally known belief on how man came into the world is best explained through academia which states the evolution of man proposes that humans and apes derive from an apelike ancestor that lived on earth a few million years ago. The theory states that man, through a combination of environmental and genetic factors, emerged as a species to produce the variety of ethnicities seen today, while modern apes evolved on a separate evolutionary
pathway.

My BIG question is, which should we believe and if Truly Adam came 1st from God, how then did he populate the world to what it is right now?. [/quote

You have asked a very good question that has less answer but many questions...Adam populated by meeting with eve and their children populated by meeting each other and just like that.....this still leave room for questions that why I said less answer many questions...I have seen many posts and I would only say this...the fact that someone is finding it hard to logically understand what is spiritual doesn't mean the person has no faith....like sylarsquins said the evolution of man explains better how man came into existence and how we have been able to populate this much.....the word of God which I am not disregarding leaves us with many questions than answer so it only logical for someone to think and ask such questions....the only spiritual answer to his question would be that Adam and his family slept with each other to populate since Adam and Eve were the only Two Human God created and put on earth the rest came out of the womb even Jesus christ...that why there a time sleeping with your direct family wasn't a sin...thank u
Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by Barnabaseloka(m): 8:15am On Jul 05, 2015
FeestoNOVA:

Does it mean that God can sometimes be foolish or that verse has a deeper meaning....
God is not foolish in any way. The passage tries to show God's omniscience in comparison to the wisdom of man.
Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by Barnabaseloka(m): 8:26am On Jul 05, 2015
Samdurance:

Is it that God dont know that the Devil would do such a thing? Guy Lets think.
God knew that it would happen but has given man 'free will'. That was why He only gave Adam instruction on what to do, yet did not force Adam to do so. Even the devil was created by God.
Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by medexico(m): 4:31pm On Jul 05, 2015
leke12:
hmm! Kindly prove it with realistic evidence.

Do you want to question God?

You have to just believe that's what we call faith.
Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by leke12(m): 4:52pm On Jul 05, 2015
medexico:

Do you want to question God?

You have to just believe that's what we call faith.
which God or god, d last tym I rem I was questioning u or are u God?
Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by medexico(m): 5:17pm On Jul 05, 2015
leke12:
which God or god, d last tym I rem I was questioning u or are u God?

I can't explain for you understand since you don't understand the concept of faith.

Adios!
Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by SylarsMcQuins: 1:12am On Nov 16, 2015
So this my topic still dey?
Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by Nobody: 1:50am On Nov 18, 2015
SylarsMcQuins:
So this my topic still dey?

heheheh....guy u no well o....u wanna start Xmas version abi?....lol
Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by SylarsMcQuins: 7:41am On Nov 18, 2015
Vixo:

heheheh....guy u no well o....u wanna start Xmas version abi?....lol
Wish I cud buh I no fit, deactivated dat acct
Re: Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? by tck2000(m): 1:10pm On Jun 16, 2019
Barnabaseloka:

1. Op, which one do you believe as a christian- God's word or theories propounded by men?
2. If you know of any man that came before Adam, p/s tell us.
3. If man originated from ape, why has man not evolved to a higher form or has evolution stopped?
4. Why was Eve given to Adam, and what is the meaning of 'be fruitful and multiply, fill the earth and subdue it' commanded by God to Adam and Eve? (Gen.1:28)
wow,what a great answer.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Visits Jesus' Birthplace & Tomb (Photos) / Music: Oruko Tuntun [new Name] ~ Tope Alabi / Before And After Photos Of 'Mad' Man Who Regained Sanity In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.