Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,279 members, 7,780,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:20 PM

I Want To Leave My Job For Masters - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Want To Leave My Job For Masters (33265 Views)

How I Almost Lost My Job Because Of Orijin Drink. / Should I Sell My Virginity To Retain My Job? / I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Leave My Job For Masters by damzy88: 1:00pm On Jun 14, 2015
Hello everyone, I am a fresh graduate and got my first Job 3 months after Nysc. I am 23 years and I am thinking of going back to school for my Masters. Your opinions please?

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Want To Leave My Job For Masters by sseunth(m): 1:05pm On Jun 14, 2015
You can do both together

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Leave My Job For Masters by damzy88: 1:10pm On Jun 14, 2015
sseunth:
You can do both together
The job is not giving me time. I go on Saturdays but When I look at the number of unemployed youths I think twice about it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Leave My Job For Masters by sseunth(m): 1:14pm On Jun 14, 2015
damzy88:
The job is not giving me time. I go on Saturdays but When I look at the number of unemployed youths I think twice about it.
don't leave the job or u might regret it later...go to a nearby uni..register for master...look for someone that can be updating you frm time to time and help with lesson notes and other...nt compulsory you attend the lectures

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Leave My Job For Masters by damzy88: 1:16pm On Jun 14, 2015
sseunth:
don't leave the job or u might regret it later...go to a nearby uni..register for master...look for someone that can be updating you frm time to time and help with lesson notes and other...nt compulsory you attend the lectures
Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Leave My Job For Masters by damzy88: 1:20pm On Jun 14, 2015
sseunth:
Unilag is on my mind, don't know how I will be able to cope with the demands of work and academics.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave My Job For Masters by sseunth(m): 1:29pm On Jun 14, 2015
damzy88:
Unilag is on my mind, don't know how I will be able to cope with the demands of work and academics.
how many hrs do you work per day...how tedious is the work....and then you can get someone that will be sending you lesson note everyday through whatsapp...
Re: I Want To Leave My Job For Masters by damzy88: 1:36pm On Jun 14, 2015
sseunth:
how many hrs do you work per day...how tedious is the work....and then you can get someone that will be sending you lesson note everyday through whatsapp...
We resume by 8.30 am and close by 5.30pm. Saturdays 9am to 1pm. You have to card in and card out. If you don't come to office,a little amount may be deducted from your salary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Leave My Job For Masters by sseunth(m): 1:41pm On Jun 14, 2015
damzy88:
We resume by 8.30 am and close by 5.30pm. Saturdays 9am to 1pm. You have to card in and card out. If you don't come to office,a little amount may be deducted from your salary.
you can still cope....you will just plan everything...you dnt need to attend lectures...u just need to be reading to catch...so you need to look for the time you will be using to read....probably on sat and sunday

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Leave My Job For Masters by takleboy(m): 1:50pm On Jun 14, 2015
To those that said he can cope
That he doesnt need to attend lectures that he should just read
Please let ask you all, before you give him such advice, does it work for you or have you really tried it that way?
I know why i am asking

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Leave My Job For Masters by ITbomb(m): 1:56pm On Jun 14, 2015
Do not leave your job now. If you must leave later, make sure you have good experience like up to 3 years before you go for the masters.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Leave My Job For Masters by damzy88: 1:59pm On Jun 14, 2015
Thanks y'll. More response please?
Re: I Want To Leave My Job For Masters by sseunth(m): 2:00pm On Jun 14, 2015
takleboy:
To those that said he can cope
That he doesnt need to attend lectures that he should just read
Please let ask you all, before you give him such advice, does it work for you or have you really tried it that way?
I know why i am asking
I am a student in my final year in the uni...I know guys that are not attending lectures and are doing well...they only come on saturdays to collect notes from their mates...

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Leave My Job For Masters by ednut1(m): 2:01pm On Jun 14, 2015
get up to 3-4 years experience before going for your masters o, masters without experience is equal to a bsc holder in job market.there are thousands of pple out der wit UK masters and are still jobless. if you cannot combine it pls do not quit. pple i know dat quit are those with 5-10 years experience going for executive MBA, cos of the experience they easily get job after the program. be wise. as for me am nt going for any bloody masters anytime soon cos i dont see d so called advantage professional exams like CFA CISA and CFE (CIPM wont be bad for u)will do for now wink

70 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Want To Leave My Job For Masters by phiszo(m): 2:03pm On Jun 14, 2015
damzy88:
Hello everyone, I am a fresh graduate and got my first Job 3 months after Nysc. I am 23 years and I am thinking of going back to school for my Masters. Your opinions please?
stick to your job bro. you can go for masters later... jobs are scarce.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Leave My Job For Masters by ogawisdom(m): 2:05pm On Jun 14, 2015
damzy88:

If d job is payin well dnt ever leave it for anything u r damn lucky to ve one. Find a way to combine it wit d masters. Millions of youths r roaming d streets with masters n no job so d masters can't guarantee any job.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Leave My Job For Masters by sseunth(m): 2:07pm On Jun 14, 2015
ednut1:
get up to 3-4 years experience before going for your masters o, masters without experience is equal to a bsc holder i job market.there are thousands of pple out der wit UK masters and are still jobless. if you cannot combine it pls do not quit. pple i know dat quit are those with 5-10 years experience going for executive MBA, cos of the experience they easily get job after the program. be wise. as for me am nt going for any bloody masters anytime soon cos i dont see d so called advantage professional exams like CFA CISA and CFE will do for now wink
please which professional exams can a chemistry student do?

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave My Job For Masters by Cutehector(m): 2:08pm On Jun 14, 2015
I will advice you stick to ur work first.... But if u want to quit, pls holla at me..

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave My Job For Masters by damzy88: 2:20pm On Jun 14, 2015
ogawisdom:

If d job is payin well dnt ever leave it for anything u r damn lucky to ve one. Find a way to combine it wit d masters. Millions of youths r roaming d streets with masters n no job so d masters can't guarantee any job.
It is not oooo. The pay is 60k. But I believe the experience is the most important now.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave My Job For Masters by damzy88: 2:23pm On Jun 14, 2015
Cutehector:
I will advice you stick to ur work first.... But if u want to quit, pls holla at me..
Looooooool. why did you say so.
Re: I Want To Leave My Job For Masters by mrking3(m): 2:26pm On Jun 14, 2015
Re: I Want To Leave My Job For Masters by mrking3(m): 2:26pm On Jun 14, 2015
[b]well, seems you dont have any responsibility yet! And from the look of things you're still a Fresh Graduate that furtunately got a Job after 3 months of service unlike most of us that spent almost 2 yrs after Nysc without job. You might not really value the little job you're doing right now! See, we may not give you satisfactory advice hence we dont have a clue of the firm you're working with, your monthly take home, prospect of the company? Are you living with your family? Your position in the family? And finnaly, do you have a ready sponsor? These are the questions you should answer truthfully, before rushing to do masters!! Your answers to the above questions will determine your next step! Masters is Good! Yes! But what most coy look out for is your skills and expertise on the Job! If an SSCE holder can effectively and efficiently get the Job done why should i higher a Masters holder with little or No experience on the job? My take is this! Concentrate on your present job if it has a career prospect for you! Build on your experience! Then much later, you can think of doing your msc. Masters can wait!!! Unlike first Degrees! No Age or time limit for masters!! Enough said![/b]

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Leave My Job For Masters by Cutehector(m): 2:29pm On Jun 14, 2015
damzy88:
Looooooool. why did you say so.
so I go dey in place of ur work while u at masters. Its gona be a contract, so wen u don wit ur msc, I leave

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Leave My Job For Masters by damzy88: 2:37pm On Jun 14, 2015
mrking3:
[b]well, seems you dont have any responsibility yet! And from the look of things you're still a Fresh Graduate that furtunately got a Job after 3 months of service unlike most of us that spent almost 2 yrs after Nysc without job. You might not really value the little job you're doing right now! See, we may not give you satisfactory advice hence we dont have a clue of the firm you're working with, your monthly take home, prospect of the company? Are you living with your family? Your position in the family? And finnaly, do you have a ready sponsor? These are the questions you should answer truthfully, before rushing to do masters!! Your answers to the above questions will determine your next step! Masters is Good! Yes! But what most coy look out for is your skills and expertise on the Job! If an SSCE holder can effectively and efficiently get the Job done why should i higher a Masters holder with little or No experience on the job? My take is this! Concentrate on your present job if it has a career prospect for you! Build on your experience! Then much later, you can think of doing your msc. Masters can wait!!! Unlike first Degrees! No Age or time limit for masters!! Enough said![/b]
Thanks My net pay is 60k, I am the second to the last in my family, My younger sister just graduated, my elder ones are working,I live with my family, the firm is just average tho it is located on the Island. From the look of things they are not well paid cos I was disappointed when I saw my boss salary.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave My Job For Masters by damzy88: 2:37pm On Jun 14, 2015
Cutehector:
so I go dey in place of ur work while u at masters. Its gona be a contract, so wen u don wit ur msc, I leave
loool. No problem.
Re: I Want To Leave My Job For Masters by p2t2r(m): 2:43pm On Jun 14, 2015
mrking3:
you've said it all.....

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave My Job For Masters by ogawisdom(m): 2:43pm On Jun 14, 2015
damzy88:
It is not oooo. The pay is 60k. But I believe the experience is the most important now.

D pay is low 60k n u work on sat, I hope its nt a contract banking job. Do it for three yrs gain exp n may b u will get sth beta. A job dt pays this low shld b flexible enough to accommadate ur masters prog.

If u ve somebody to sponsor d masters its worth dumping d job for if after 3yrs u can't combine d two. Age is what is on ur side well well (jst 23 most of ur olodo age mates r still in year one in unis) so use it to ur advantage

8 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave My Job For Masters by Sunnypar(m): 2:43pm On Jun 14, 2015
Mrkings3 has said it all. They are thousand and one people with masters from UK,Us,SA,Ghana,Canada and the likes I know one with a Canadian masters that is a manager in a fast food outlet. I even know of a dude with masters 35k...(it got you think king ,right?) They ain't jobs dude.... I would suggest you go for a professional certificate.
The brothers on this thread are giving you the #fact.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Leave My Job For Masters by DjHypno(m): 3:03pm On Jun 14, 2015
K

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

6 Secrets Your Boss Doesn’t Want You To Know / How To Succeed As A Contract Staff In Nigerian Banks / 10 Glaring Signs That You Are Being Underpaid (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.