Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,271 members, 7,807,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

I Want To Leave My Job For Masters - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Want To Leave My Job For Masters (33334 Views)

How I Almost Lost My Job Because Of Orijin Drink. / Should I Sell My Virginity To Retain My Job? / I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Leave My Job For Masters by Paretomaster(m): 2:32pm On Jun 17, 2015
truvine:
bro , can I have your email looking forward to NOUN as well but have one or two things to inquire
Ok, will PM u.
Re: I Want To Leave My Job For Masters by truvine(m): 9:04pm On Jun 17, 2015
Paretomaster:

Ok, will PM u.
Have sent you pm like four times now.
Seems your busy... R u working with buhari cabinet grin[quote author=Paretomaster post=34861862]

Please reply ASAP
THANKS
Re: I Want To Leave My Job For Masters by Paretomaster(m): 10:39pm On Jun 17, 2015
truvine:

Have sent you pm like four times now.
Seems your busy... R u working with buhari cabinet grin

Ahaha!

Sorry, but have replied ur PM, by droping my email address, u can also pick ma BBM pin on ma profile.
Re: I Want To Leave My Job For Masters by Don1Dee(m): 6:03pm On Aug 10, 2015
ProfCorruption:

No one can give you any piece of sound advice based on the information you have provided.

1.What type of work are you doing?
2.What is the pay like?
3.What advantages do you think masters will confer?
4.Which school are you considering for this masters degree?

If you have a GOOD job, it's better you work for at least two years to establish what I called "work experience" It's very easy to move from one job to another but can be difficult to get your first job. Also, don't get Masters degree for masters sake; be strategic about it. For example, if you studied microbiology or chemistry and you're working in brewery, don't get your master in analytical chemistry or whatever microbiology. Do it in Brewing. That way, if you are done with masters, you can be sure of getting a job quickly. It's very easy for a candidate who has a SUITABLE work experience plus a RELEVANT masters degree to land a GOOD job.

Finally, if you MUST get a masters degree at all, go to a HIGHLY rated school.
Can you please define a highly rated school, in this context.
Re: I Want To Leave My Job For Masters by eversolidus(m): 4:21pm On Nov 30, 2015
I always advise people to always look out for self made jobs such as online wealth creation job that will enable you to be financially bouyant while pursuing your career.
In this forum I will only suggest one out of the hundreds of ways you can make money while schooling or working your present job.
Click on the link below, follow the easy steps and start making money without any registration fee:
http://theyouthjob.com/?ref=77479.
Re: I Want To Leave My Job For Masters by bendray(m): 7:24am On Dec 28, 2015
One simple advice, learn from me. Graduated wt first class honours and did my msc in d same sch yet i was not retained. Just recently i gat a job (salary is huge sha) and to my utter amazement i was placed ón d same level as pple wt 2.1 nó msc. I av since learnt that ur msc is useless in most professional settings ; what d bosses want is experience. Now, I don't wanna be in academics no more so I wonder y i wasted time n money doing d msc in d first place applied for certain jobs where i had to remove my msc qualification from my resume cos i feared i won't be called :it's that bad. Msc is best for academic, research or govt work. I know pple wt phd yet nó Jobs. So my dear, decide wat u want for urself, let your goal dictate wether msc is necessary or not. If not, u may regret it later.
Oops.... First comment on nairaland

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave My Job For Masters by loisaleburu: 1:49pm On Mar 05, 2016
vitality22:

I will sincerely advice that you combine the two. Most masters degree lectures are normally from 5pm daily. I don't know about the university of your choice but the university where I did my masters, our lectures starts fro 5pm to 9pm daily and 8am on Saturdays. I normally join for lectures by 6pm daily, as my job is in the banking industry. It won't be easy though but you can do it and be very successfull.
Goodluck
pls which sch, i also got a contract job with a bank for 70k and i just finished service too, but u want to run a masters in oau and i have been admitted, i would really love dis option
Re: I Want To Leave My Job For Masters by temmy1056: 7:59pm On Feb 27, 2018
aiikay:
Please I have a friend that would need a copy of your resignation to attach in his application letter as a supporting document. lol!
Meanwhile, you've got much advice. Your long term vision is key to your determination. So if not against your solid plan for life, gather a little experience first!

Good evening house, mine is close. I got this a year contract job of 100k and I gained admission for masters full time in unilag engr.
Should I defer or I should quit the job?
Re: I Want To Leave My Job For Masters by temmy1056: 9:15pm On Feb 27, 2018
loisaleburu:

pls which sch, i also got a contract job with a bank for 70k and i just finished service too, but u want to run a masters in oau and i have been admitted, i would really love dis option

Is ur job located in Ife? I know a friend in UI have class ones a week. OAU can be a case... The dept also matters.
Re: I Want To Leave My Job For Masters by elisbabs499(m): 3:15pm On Sep 01, 2018
Job that am looking for is what some are toiling with.
Re: I Want To Leave My Job For Masters by Plus10(m): 4:19pm On Mar 16, 2019
I will advice not to combine both your job and full time MSc program. The plain truth is that one must suffer.Especially if both are demanding.Talking from experience!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Glaring Signs That You Are Being Underpaid (Photos) / How To Succeed As A Contract Staff In Nigerian Banks / Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.