Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

German Doctors Hands Off Yar'adua - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / German Doctors Hands Off Yar'adua (913 Views)

Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot / Shehu Musa Yar'adua Entered Army 1959, How Did He Write Exam 1961 Na???? / President GEJ Washes Hands Off Security Operatives Action. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

German Doctors Hands Off Yar'adua by StFunmi(f): 7:49pm On Feb 22, 2009
German doctors hands off Yar'Adua

A thick cloud of uncertainty may have enveloped the health status of Nigerian President, Mr. Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, as his German medical consultants have, allegedly, “thrown in the towel because the man is already over wired as a result of past surgeries”.

Yesterday, the President did not perform any state function as expected according to Aso Rock insiders. Rather, Vice President Goodluck Jonathan who has been receiving unprecedented cooperation from Yar’Adua’s aides presided over state matters. No official reason was given for Yar’Adua’s absence.

This is coming on the heels of reports that President Yar’Adua, “again slumped into coma” at the Aso Rock Presidential Villa, penultimate Saturday before resuming from his two weeks break.

Yar’Adua, who is said to have “ingenious ideas” on how to lead Africa’s most populous nation, has his poor health standing between him and his vision of “social and political re-engineering.

The Nigerian leader is said to be living almost exclusively on a diet of pigeons allegedly prescribed by his band of marabouts as possible cure for his many ailments which includes Churg Straus Syndrome, an alleged lung cancer and kidney related disease.

He was said to have been removed and flown to Lagos. He was said to have been revived at Pastor T.B. Joshua’s Synagogue church in Lagos. But sources close to Pastor Joshua denied that President Yar’Adua was ever brought to the miracle center.

The synagogue source said “yes Pastor Joshua was not here last weekend, neither was Yar’Adua brought here. They may have met elsewhere I wouldn’t know, what your asking me is new to me.”
An Aso Rock source confirmed that indeed Pastor TB Joshua has been consulted while all other marabouts have been relegated to the background at least for now.

While every needed “state of the art equipment have been flown in to Nigeria, pointblanknews.com gathered that it is not likely that the German doctors would want to continue with further treatment.

The usual impeccable source said that “some American experts may have taken over the treatment of the president.”

When Yar’Adua returned to the presidential villa at the beginning of the week, there was no reporter or photo journalist from independent media companies on hand, rather his official photographers were hurriedly called in, the president still looking gaunt and frail was propped up for a photo-up which was circulated to demonstrate that he remained in good health and always good to call the shot.

http://news.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=469&z=12
Re: German Doctors Hands Off Yar'adua by asha80(m): 7:55pm On Feb 22, 2009
I don talk am say this man go die for office oooo.
Re: German Doctors Hands Off Yar'adua by ElRazur: 7:59pm On Feb 22, 2009
@Asha80 How Ironic will it be if you are to die before him?

Another excellent thread highlighting the unhealthy obsessesion of the NIgerian press with the President's health. I wont even bother with this one.
Re: German Doctors Hands Off Yar'adua by StFunmi(f): 8:01pm On Feb 22, 2009
I don talk am say this man go die for office oooo.
The least you can do is pray for him. He is really a good man.
Re: German Doctors Hands Off Yar'adua by asha80(m): 8:13pm On Feb 22, 2009
@Asha80 How Ironic will it be if you are to die before him?

Another excellent thread highlighting the unhealthy obsessesion of the NIgerian press with the President's health. I wont even bother with this one.

If i may ask you why is that the press was not this interested in obasanjo's health?
Re: German Doctors Hands Off Yar'adua by ElRazur: 8:23pm On Feb 22, 2009
asha 80:

If i may ask you why is that the press was not this interested in obasanjo's health?

You are missing the point. Every body have the right to a private life -whether or not they are in public office. Secondly the press should not have cultivated a childish habit of prying and speculating about people's health state. It is despicable and disgusting.
Re: German Doctors Hands Off Yar'adua by asha80(m): 8:26pm On Feb 22, 2009
You are missing the point. Every body have the right to a private life -whether or not they are in public office. Secondly the press should not have cultivated a childish habit of prying and speculating about people's health state. It is despicable and disgusting.

My friend there is no smoke without fire.
Re: German Doctors Hands Off Yar'adua by ElRazur: 8:30pm On Feb 22, 2009
asha 80:

My friend there is no smoke without fire.

Funny how you avoid all simple common sense and opted for the damn right ignorance route. Do you not see anything wrong with the obsession going on here? Please answer that question.
Re: German Doctors Hands Off Yar'adua by manmustwac(m): 8:32pm On Feb 22, 2009
@post
But why do they have to fly in state of the art equipment and german doctors to cure him. What wrong with our own Federal Govt Hospitals and Doctors?  angry angry angry
Re: German Doctors Hands Off Yar'adua by asha80(m): 8:38pm On Feb 22, 2009
@Elrazor

Do you think it is only in nigeria that the press is obssessed with its leaders.Do you think you can compare nigerian press obsession to british press?
Re: German Doctors Hands Off Yar'adua by ElRazur: 8:46pm On Feb 22, 2009
asha 80:

@Elrazor

Do you think it is only in nigeria that the press is obssessed with its leaders.Do you think you can compare nigerian press obsession to british press?

If you read the other thread that is discussing this topic as well, I have already explained what I feel the British press do here. In a nut shell, they do NOT have obsession like the Nigerian press. Gordon Brown do have one eye and this have not been a topic for the press to dabble in week-in week-out. On the flip side, the comedians however do mock the people in the government as it is a long standing tradition here.
Re: German Doctors Hands Off Yar'adua by StFunmi(f): 10:44pm On Feb 22, 2009
@post
But why do they have to fly in state of the art equipment and german doctors to cure him. What wrong with our own Federal Govt Hospitals and Doctors?
Because they are not state of the art enough to cure his disease.
Re: German Doctors Hands Off Yar'adua by DisGuy: 12:10am On Feb 23, 2009
ElRazur:

If you read the other thread that is discussing this topic as well, I have already explained what I feel the British press do here. In a nut shell, they do NOT have obsession like the Nigerian press. Gordon Brown do have one eye and this have not been a topic for the press to dabble in week-in week-out. On the flip side, the comedians however do mock the people in the government as it is a long standing tradition here.

could that be because their own case is conclusive, as in his spokesman or whoever is in the office will CONFIRM his health status. If the president can come out to say what exactly is wrong with him once and for all there wont be speculation upon speculation but if he is criss-crossing countries without telling his own people what is wrong with him then you really cant blame anyone for speculating. Bush, Cheney, Blair and co had heart operations; even before going for treatment they told their country people! you never see them claiming to go for lesser hajj or sunny holidays in Florida
I'm very sure one can get other presidents health details online if you look hard enough
Re: German Doctors Hands Off Yar'adua by bawomolo(m): 2:17am On Feb 23, 2009
People have a right to know if their public servants are fit for work. Dick Cheney's battle with heart disease is no secret nor did when George Bush fall from a bike.
Re: German Doctors Hands Off Yar'adua by Kobojunkie: 2:35am On Feb 23, 2009
So how many days will he actually dedicate to carrying out his duties as head of state? His illness seems to be taking up too much of the country's time here. Why does the man not step down instead, rather than taking the whole country on this ride he seems willing to take his own life on?
Re: German Doctors Hands Off Yar'adua by Nobody: 5:45am On Feb 23, 2009
Why are some people upset because of the speculations? Its obvious this man is sick as a dog,a state of the union address is in order.
He is stage managing the photo ops, Nigeria is not North Korea, Nigeria is supposed to be a democracy right? So the people who voted(YEAH RIGHT) for him NEED to see their SERVANT-LEADER.
The senate should be looking for ways to tell him to step down and install Goodluck( WHAT A RIDICULOUS NAME) as the president but then everyone will get tribal and start yapping about Northerner, Southerner, west side, east coast etc.
Funny enough,the same people who can't figure this out want a UNITED STATES OF AFRICA. grin
Re: German Doctors Hands Off Yar'adua by Nobody: 7:50am On Feb 23, 2009
Martian:

Why are some people upset because of the speculations? Its obvious this man is sick as a dog,a state of the union address is in order.
He is stage managing the photo ops, Nigeria is not North Korea, Nigeria is supposed to be a democracy right? So the people who voted(YEAH RIGHT) for him NEED to see their SERVANT-LEADER.
The senate should be looking for ways to tell him to step down and install Goodluck( WHAT A RIDICULOUS NAME) as the president but then everyone will get tribal and start yapping about Northerner, Southerner, west side, east coast etc.
Funny enough,the same people who can't figure this out want a UNITED STATES OF AFRICA. grin

LOL. . . . grin grin grin tongue
Re: German Doctors Hands Off Yar'adua by StFunmi(f): 8:27am On Feb 23, 2009
People have a right to know if their public servants are fit for work. privates Cheney's battle with heart disease is no secret nor did when George Bush fall from a bike.

shocked shocked shocked
Re: German Doctors Hands Off Yar'adua by c33b33(m): 2:15pm On Feb 23, 2009
but the president attended Shehu of Borno's burial now!GOD MAKE DIS MAN NOO DIE FOR OFFICE O!
Re: German Doctors Hands Off Yar'adua by blinx4real(m): 2:20pm On Feb 23, 2009
Mr Moderator Kindly delete this thread, it is a maliciously false and obviously targeted at spreading baseless rumors. This forum may be liable for propagating this kind of information
Re: German Doctors Hands Off Yar'adua by Kobojunkie: 3:05pm On Feb 23, 2009
Martian:

You dey mind them??
Re: German Doctors Hands Off Yar'adua by manmustwac(m): 12:05am On Feb 24, 2009
St.Funmi:

Because they are not state of the art enough to cure his disease.
Well they should do something to make our hospitals state of the art state of the art instead of looting the money and importing foreign doctors and equipment.
Re: German Doctors Hands Off Yar'adua by MrCrackles(m): 12:07am On Feb 24, 2009
Aaargh! shocked

Wahala dey! shocked sad

Who go come cure Presido Go Slow
? cry

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Records First all Female Crew Flight / Nigeria Desperately Needs To Tax Religion / Ebeano’ll Be Buried In 2011 – Obiegue, Enugu Pdp Senatorial Aspirant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.