Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,449 members, 7,801,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share (26273 Views)

13 Grammatical Mistakes That Instantly Reveal People's Ignorance / 10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid / National Board For Technical Education Signpost With Public Grammatical Blunder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by tosyne2much(m): 5:17pm On Jun 14, 2015
In Nigeria, wrong use of grammar is an epidemic that may bring forth humiliation. However, in this era, one may commit grammatical blunders in his/her native language and people will care less about your mistakes, but when it comes to English Language, it's apparently being frowned upon and it may bring forth travesty and humiliation

Many at times when one make mistakes, instead of the encoders to humbly correct one's mistakes, they would rather use your grammar as a weapon to mouth thrash you just to show superiority or show their fluency in English Language

I can confidently say that no matter how you completely immerse yourself in the language, it will never change the fact that no one is barely flawless when it comes to speaking good English. However, one does not necessarily have to be grammatically deficient before committing blunders. That is, no matter how cautious you are with your grammar and pronunciations, you may still find yourself in a situation when you will use your tenses wrongly especially when you are is in a state of anxiety, anger, impatience and fear

I know you might have one point in time wrongly used your tenses in a job interview, classroom, church, mosque, football field and so on

*Lemme keep the ball rolling*

I happened to watch the Champions League final (Barcelona Vs Juventus) at the school hostel common room, which is always a noisy place during football matches; and I being a type of person that is allergic to loud noises was uncomfortable with the terrifying loud noises that could damage one's eardrums

It got to a point that I could not tolerate the loud noises any longer and I couldn't but shout at the top of my voice just to keep them silent. Out of anger, I said "Why are you all shouting like a children" hmmmmm !!! cheesy

The whole place went silent and I was very happy my prayer was answered. After a few seconds, a dude (Juventus supporter) said "now that we are no longer shouting like a children, are you happy now ? Immediately, all I could hear was spontaneous chorus of laughter.

Ooooboi, everybody burst into laughter and the most annoying part was that, a dude added, "guy abeg which department u dey ? cheesy

At that instance, I was praying for the ground to save me from this mess by opening and swallow me up.

When the half time whistle was blown, I ran for my dear life and never returned for the second half

Nairalanders, please share your experiences

Have fun cool

90 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by INTROVERT(f): 5:17pm On Jun 14, 2015
NAIRALAND professors like correcting grin bashing.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jun 14, 2015
cool

During my 100 level days as the class rep, the lecturer said I should warn my colleagues to maintain decorum.

However I told them to "Stop roaming about" as I will be at the "Extreme end" to note those making noise.

Buhahahaha. Dem call me "rep of gbagaun" from that day.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by mifavour(f): 5:18pm On Jun 14, 2015
Here to read comments and laugh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Beesluv: 5:18pm On Jun 14, 2015
lol
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jun 14, 2015
NO

Bagged a Ph.D in English Language at a tender age

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Minet16(m): 5:20pm On Jun 14, 2015
and I being a type of person that is
allergic to loud noises was uncomfortable with the
terrifying loud noise that one could burst one's
eardrums

Guy i cleaned "one" for you... you were not supposed to use it.

The whole place went silent and I was very happy
my player was answered.

dude its prayers not PLAYERS

come tosyne2much what's with all this your blunders na?? in fact, WHICH FACULTY YOU DE??

INTROVERT:
lol like i just did

@MINET16

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Galacious1: 5:20pm On Jun 14, 2015
English aint my mother's tongue, so fvck ursef if u hate my 'gbagaun'.

27 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Masculity(m): 5:22pm On Jun 14, 2015
INTROVERT:

grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Omotayor123(f): 5:23pm On Jun 14, 2015
Nope!

But on NL....

Yesgrin
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by preizton(m): 5:23pm On Jun 14, 2015
I had never did mistake in my english before I am born in Englishland.

24 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Dotwillis1(m): 5:24pm On Jun 14, 2015
Nah!

Lol...he will always v something to say. Tho, he doesn't sound like someone who z gon' commit a grammatical blunder. Kpele smiley

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Omotayor123(f): 5:24pm On Jun 14, 2015
Me: Excuse me ma, Are you the new English Teacher here
Teacher: Yes I Are.....grin

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by mifavour(f): 5:25pm On Jun 14, 2015
preizton:

Hallelujah. *faints*

14 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by kinglekan: 5:25pm On Jun 14, 2015
Why do you like writing like a children . Thank God your player was answered.

grin

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 14, 2015
public bashing.... if i made a mistake.. please, after the laughter ...correct me jawe wink I wouldn't mind smiley

9 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by valmunich(m): 5:27pm On Jun 14, 2015
I'm pretty sure OP must've screened and proofread this discourse quite meticulously to avoid further 'stories' grin

44 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 14, 2015
preizton:
* did a mistake?
* I am born?
* Englishland?

Well, you just made at least 3 mistakes

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jun 14, 2015
valmunich:
I'm pretty sure OP must've screened and proofread this discourse quite meticulously to avoid further 'stories' grin
as in ehn cheesy

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Dotwillis1(m): 5:31pm On Jun 14, 2015
Omotayor123:
Me: Excuse me ma, Are you the new English Teacher here
Teacher: Yes I Are.....grin

hehhehe ...I v read this once before...buh seriously I stil Lmao reading ya post again. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by tosyne2much(m): 5:32pm On Jun 14, 2015
valmunich:
Hahahahahahaha roflwkmd lmao cheesy

As in ehn !!!!

This is a delicate write-up you know cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 14, 2015
My threads has reached d front page three times before i noticed i had commited huge grammatical blunders. who can still remember?
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Aspiregreat: 5:33pm On Jun 14, 2015
No, I always speak queens English........ angry

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by tosyne2much(m): 5:34pm On Jun 14, 2015
Dotwillis1:
Nah!

Lol...he will always v something to say. Tho, he doesn't sound like someone who z gon' commit a grammatical blunder. Kpele smiley
Hahahahahahaha cheesy

Is that what you think ? cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Akposy(m): 5:35pm On Jun 14, 2015
Yes.

I was in a gathering of guyz forming Mr. English.......i saw a friend passing by and i shouted why did u offed your phone instead of OFF...... Come see bashing

11 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Tallesty1(m): 5:36pm On Jun 14, 2015
Welcome back oga Tosyn2much
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by tosyne2much(m): 5:36pm On Jun 14, 2015
Aspiregreat:
No, I always speak queens English........ angry
God don catch you today :tongue

The q should be in capital letter

It's supposed to be Queen's English not queens English cheesy

More so, you omitted an apostrophe (') after Queen

35 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by mrpackager(m): 5:38pm On Jun 14, 2015
cool

****modified*****

daht awkward MOMENT.........

while yhu were trying too woo that CRUSH of urz
...nd yhu dey try form say se grin u be grammarian nd al of a sudden u GBAGAUN cool........

****She correctz yhu SHAMEFULLY nd yhu be like OMG ......y i no kuku calm down ........

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by winetapper: 5:42pm On Jun 14, 2015
in my school even if you are sleeping and someone drops the bomb.. The person would wake and laugh.. To show how every one is alert to bombs grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 14, 2015
preizton:

grin grin grin. Too much gbagaun. tongue

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Harvard13(m): 5:45pm On Jun 14, 2015
tosyne2much:
[i]
do u also have 'igbo tongue'? cos u used "player" instead of "prayer"

9 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Mhizkel(f): 5:46pm On Jun 14, 2015
grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photo Of Lost And Found NECO Certificate / ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) / Accounting Degree Vs Accounting Education Degree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.