Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,797 members, 7,806,203 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

Help I Need Advise….should I Go Ahead And Marry Her Or Not? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help I Need Advise….should I Go Ahead And Marry Her Or Not? (6293 Views)

She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? / I Caught Her Cheating, Wedding In Two Months, Should I Go Ahead Out Of Pity? / 47-Year-Old Woman Runs Away 2 Weeks After Man Spent N950k To Marry Her (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help I Need Advise….should I Go Ahead And Marry Her Or Not? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jun 14, 2015
pwerrymansion:
lol are u not as selfish as the op? After defiling other people's potential wife, you want yours to be wrapped in a brand aluminium foil and handed to you. It was splendid dear tnx.
Baby sowie mama
As I dhe see wetin guyz dhe use woman do, I doubt if any woman pure
Imagine, d guy blow d babe for 2 years, no lie, wetin go remain for d husband?
Re: Help I Need Advise….should I Go Ahead And Marry Her Or Not? by midolian(m): 9:25pm On Jun 14, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Imagine
U dhe ask old man like me if I be virgin
For our village, dem dhe forbid man to be virgin
Buh ma wife go be tear rubber, na me go unveil d hymen
I no wan hear story
Say one ungrateful man, do wetin I suppose do
How ya weekend ma lady?
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You no know mayb ur future wife dey under one man now sef..jst pray say make u see clean tokunbo babe because You fit no find beautiful virgin till u enta Baba iyabo age
Re: Help I Need Advise….should I Go Ahead And Marry Her Or Not? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 14, 2015
midolian:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You no know mayb ur future wife dey under one man now sef..jst pray say make u see clean tokunbo babe because You fit find beautiful virgin till u enta Baba iyabo age
Monitoring spirit
Re: Help I Need Advise….should I Go Ahead And Marry Her Or Not? by bukatyne(f): 9:44pm On Jun 14, 2015
realdee44:
That she is from a broken home or her mum got married to several men doesn't mean she is the same. Secondly being beautiful is not what makes a happy home. So many men get married to bad women because they choose to go after beauty or her financial status.

How ever I will not advice you to marry a lady you to love very much. My advice is give yourself like 2 to 3 months with her & try to love her for her good character & her faithfulness maybe this will make you love her much more.

@bold:

Meaning?
Re: Help I Need Advise….should I Go Ahead And Marry Her Or Not? by missKiffy(f): 9:58pm On Jun 14, 2015
Pls don't waste her time, you can't eat your cake and have it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help I Need Advise….should I Go Ahead And Marry Her Or Not? by bellong: 10:30pm On Jun 14, 2015
Aquila...

You need to act your name.

Will respond soon.
Re: Help I Need Advise….should I Go Ahead And Marry Her Or Not? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jun 14, 2015
@OP, Why waste 2yrs of that lady's life when you know that:

a. You don't love her
b. You don't find her attractive. Even got the nerve to rate her 55% grin

Lmao.. how old are you sef?.. I'm so disappointed at the level of immaturity displayed in your post. To be honest, someone like you shouldn't even be thinking of marriage.

Biko free the girl for someone who will appreciate her better and go find your missing rib elsewhere.

May God deliver all single ladies from time-wasters and destiny-derailers like OP. Amen!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help I Need Advise….should I Go Ahead And Marry Her Or Not? by Acquilla: 10:53pm On Jun 14, 2015
Floodgater:
@acquilla
In addition to what others have seen in you, i see you are also a responsible man with fine character.

My issue with you is, since you are so keen on beauty, why start something with a not so fine person?
What brought or attracted her to you innitially.

If you really just dont like her from your heart, its okay. And you can get a beautiful person not good in character as her that you might be okay with even though your history points otherwise.
I'm yet to be convinced it is a case of you not just liking her. I see that you may never get over her real beauty/character if you let her go, i see she is too good to a fault, got her easily, does not give you the whinings of lover girl so it is easy to take her for granted. I also see you concentrate on faults too much and see them as irredeemable. You said in the beginning it was good until the issues you were not patient enough or lacked how to deal with cropped up.
Sometimes when you get a package that you are not total, love for it will make you seek ways to make it complete except there is really no way.

Obviously where she is coming from has made her unromantic. If you can get her to reach where she is willing to change, then good, but you will really push yourself not to give up on her easily as it may take time. You lead by example, assist her to ways of becoming romantic.

For beauty, most times it is the packaging. I have seen guys drool over the ugliest of girls because of the packaging. If genevieve doesnt know how to package well, you may never know she is so beautiful. As for her family issues, you are not in position to determine the effect on her future.

I advice you settle the issues you have with her before marriage if not they will come up again. You may want to use the tips above, if yes, start with appreciating her and her person first, you have taken that for granted too long. Should you set you heart and mind to wholeheartedly help her this time and it doesnt work, let her go.

Hehehe, na this type of girl one of those your friends saying she is beautiful go just pick from where you dumped her, repackage her and leave you forever looking at time to see if you can turn it back.
thank you. This is touching are you a counsellor or psychologist?

1 Like

Re: Help I Need Advise….should I Go Ahead And Marry Her Or Not? by julietchic(f): 10:57pm On Jun 14, 2015
Abeg free d girl.
I will advice u not to marry her because u will cheat.don't try to marry someone u don't love out of pity.

I have a friend that married a man he doesn't love or have feelings for,rite now she want to leave d marriage asap.

2 Likes

Re: Help I Need Advise….should I Go Ahead And Marry Her Or Not? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jun 14, 2015
Acquilla:
thank you. This is touching are you a counsellor or psychologist?
Perhaps, thanks too.
The thought that you dont want to lose her is something to start with, it could be selfish aswell but try first to make her that random girl in your head having her character with 75% beauty. Sometimes, somebody or something could have raised a random girl from less than 55 to 75%.
Know today that the easiest and fastest beauty/glo transformation of a woman is the unreserved love her man showers and secures her with.

1 Like

Re: Help I Need Advise….should I Go Ahead And Marry Her Or Not? by Ngokafor(f): 11:15pm On Jun 14, 2015
...Poor op's soon-to -be dumped girlfriend.

...After being through 'thick and thin'with him..at the end of the day,the story is oh'she's not pretty enough for me bla bla even though she is a wife 'material'.*roll eyes*

...Nothing new there,same old shallow mentality.

..@op kindly let her go for a more deserving and mentally matured man and go get your miss universe to marry.cheers.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help I Need Advise….should I Go Ahead And Marry Her Or Not? by SAMBARRY: 11:27pm On Jun 14, 2015
Op I don't have anything else to say to you since EfemenaXY don talk am finish. It's your fiancee I get talk with

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help I Need Advise….should I Go Ahead And Marry Her Or Not? by SAMBARRY: 11:29pm On Jun 14, 2015
Abi o . After all

Ngokafor:

...Poor op's soon-to -be dumped girlfriend.

...After being through 'thick and thin'with him..at the end of the day,the story is oh'she's not pretty enough for me bla bla even though she is a wife 'material'.*roll eyes*

...Nothing new there,same old shallow mentality.

..@op kindly let her go for a more deserving and mentally matured man and go get your miss universe to marry.cheers.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help I Need Advise….should I Go Ahead And Marry Her Or Not? by SAMBARRY: 11:32pm On Jun 14, 2015
As in henn
lolaredvelvet:

a. You don't love her

Lmao.. how old are you sef?.. I'm so disappointed at the level of immaturity displayed in your post. To be honest, someone like you shouldn't even be thinking of marriage.

Biko free the girl for someone who will appreciate her better and go find your missing rib elsewhere.

May God deliver all single ladies from time-wasters and destiny-derailers like OP. Amen!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help I Need Advise….should I Go Ahead And Marry Her Or Not? by SAMBARRY: 11:34pm On Jun 14, 2015
Gbam. In addition
EfemenaXY:

I, I, I...Me, me, me.

You sound downright selfish. You want to eat your cake and have it.

~ There is nothing wrong with your not wanting to marry her.

~ There is nothing wrong with your not feeling physically attracted to her.

~ There is nothing wrong with seeing her as nothing more than a friend to you.

However, it's extremely selfish of you to keep the poor lady on hold for two whole years, simply because you haven't got the guts as a man to come clean and tell her how you really feel, about the whole relationship.

Not only is it selfish, it's downright wicked for you to bring in her family background as a cause for concern now. You weren't too bothered about her mother being divorced / re-married several times over when you first got together with her. It wasn't a problem for you when you chose to eat her "apple".

Now all of a sudden you don get visa, wan ditch the babe, she's suddenly only rates 55% beautiful on your scale. What nonsense. Are you yourself that handsome? But you're still clinging on to her just in case something "better" turns up. Honestly, some women have really suffered.

Please free her and let her find someone more deserving of her love. She certainly doesn't deserve to be saddled with someone like you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help I Need Advise….should I Go Ahead And Marry Her Or Not? by guardian09(m): 11:36pm On Jun 14, 2015
EfemenaXY:

I, I, I...Me, me, me.

You sound downright selfish. You want to eat your cake and have it.

~ There is nothing wrong with your not wanting to marry her.

~ There is nothing wrong with your not feeling physically attracted to her.

~ There is nothing wrong with seeing her as nothing more than a friend to you.

However, it's extremely selfish of you to keep the poor lady on hold for two whole years, simply because you haven't got the guts as a man to come clean and tell her how you really feel, about the whole relationship.

Not only is it selfish, it's downright wicked for you to bring in her family background as a cause for concern now. You weren't too bothered about her mother being divorced / re-married several times over when you first got together with her. It wasn't a problem for you when you chose to eat her "apple".

Now all of a sudden you don get visa, wan ditch the babe, she's suddenly only rates 55% beautiful on your scale. What nonsense. Are you yourself that handsome? But you're still clinging on to her just in case something "better" turns up. Honestly, some women have really suffered.

Please free her and let her find someone more deserving of her love. She certainly doesn't deserve to be saddled with someone like you.

Exactly at the bolded words. As much as the Op would deny he has no love interest with no one else where he is, i can bet my life that some fair lass has caught his attention hence his having a rethink and suddenly remembers she (the supposed fiancee) from a broken home and not that beautiful anymore even after acknowledging she is a good girl. My advice is bro MAN UP and let her go or you make up your mind about marrying her. Yes you say you do not have strong feelings for her now i can tell you with confidence that there are moments in a relationship where that fire(romance) will fade and both parties will only pull through if they are committed to the union. So make up your mind and stop playing games with the heart of a girl that is probably praying for you every day to succeed in life. I have witnessed this play out before with someone i know, trust me the earlier you make up your mind the better.

3 Likes

Re: Help I Need Advise….should I Go Ahead And Marry Her Or Not? by Acquilla: 11:53pm On Jun 14, 2015
Floodgater:

Perhaps, thanks too.
The thought that you dont want to lose her is something to start with, it could be selfish aswell but try first to make her that random girl in your head having her character with 75% beauty. Sometimes, somebody or something could have raised a random girl from less than 55 to 75%.

I want to answer your questions.........

What brought or attracted her to you innitially.
Well being honest....when we meet, i was lonely. I just moved to the state where i meet her and we seemed to like each other the first time. We became friends for about 2 months then i asked her out. As you have rightly predicted, i am a kinda man with series of achievements which could attract any girl so easily. By the virtue of this, i rarely do the chasing game and i have dated really beautiful ladies in the past even working class while i was a student with little or no effort at all, they fall on my lap easily.(I have good looks too).Nonetheless, I was attracted by her dreams, her character, her qualities, and her nature in general

If you really just dont like her from your heart, its okay
About this it is not as if i dont like her at all.....what i am really worried about is the level of feelings i have for her. I feel it is not strong enough to build a home upon. I believe before you can decide to spend the rest of your life with someone, you must be willing to maybe die for that person. My problem is that the feelings is not strong to that extent and this is the main source of my worries. I am not even considering letting her go. I am looking for a measure of love.....like that breaking point kind of love......
Re: Help I Need Advise….should I Go Ahead And Marry Her Or Not? by bellong: 12:56am On Jun 15, 2015
Acquilla:
NB- I am fairly popular here and my fiancee in question knows my original moniker. so i am not new so sorry if it is a crime to create another moniker.so sorry

No worries, people create new monikers everytime here to narrate sob stories or story that touch. You are not the first and will not be the last. How are you sure that with the new moniker, your "girl" wouldn't know it is her story you have narrated here. You goofed with the opening post.

People, I need your sincere advice.

I know you will get sincere and insincere advices, my concern is "are you willing to take to the reasonable and sincere advices you will get?"

Here is my story. There is this lady I have been dating for the past two years. We have been together through thick and thin and being honest, she is a wife material.

Good to know that you know a good girl when you see one. The two years are long enough for you to know what you want from a lady for a journey of a life time. If she stood by you during the thick and thin, she will still stand by you during robust and lean of the future.

Even some of my family member’s siblings to be precise can attest to her virtues.

At the mouth of two or three witnesses shall the truth be established. This lady has witnesses of her good behaviour from the members of your own family. Character is the foundation of a good home.

All the while, I have admired her qualities and in fairness to God, she has what it takes to be a good wife and till now, I am yet to cheat on her because I don’t cheat

You are yet to cheat on her? Does that mean you plan to cheat on her later?

After few months of normal early cravings of a new relationship, things started declining from my own end. I realized she is not romantic. This she blamed on the type of home she came from. I tried my best to teach her but maybe I’m not a good teacher. I am this kind of guy whose romantic part get driven by my girl. In this case my girl is not romantic and it had adverse effect on me too.

This "she is not romantic" phrase is too ambiguous for me to comprehend. What do you mean by it? Is it the romantic stuff you read from mills and boons or the one you watch in Hollywood? Please explain this your not romantic phrase.
If I don't understand what you mean, at least the lady understood you. She went ahead to tell you her opinion of the likely cause of the challenge. "What did you or have you done to help her through this challenge?". One of the essence of relationship is to help each other become better in virtue that is inadequate or totally missing. Love is not self-centred nor selfish but sacrificial.

I have told her couple of times that I am yet to experience that intense feeling of love one has for her boo. That intense cravings, outpour of excruciating feelings and emotional attachments that makes you so eager to ask if she’s gonna marry you…..I was quick to identify this some months after we started dating and while doing some self evaluation, I realized one of the reasons apart from the fact that I found her not romantic why I am not too attached is the fact that she seemed not too beautiful for my taste. I am this kind of guy that likes beautiful women; she isn’t ugly though I will classify her as average in all (55%) by my own standards. The funniest thing is my friends say she’s beautiful but I have never seen her in that light. There was a time she complained lightly that I have never called her pretty.

Intense feeling of love?? shocked shocked grin Bro, please stop watching Telemundo. Probably you have read too much romantic novels that created an illusion in your mind. What intense feeling attracted you to her in the first place? Love is not a feeling, it is a decision. prolly you wanted to refer to the emotional attachment born out of lust or sexual desire for the opposite sex. That my friend is not love.

Since you realised that your love bug was missing months into the relationship, what pushed you to carry on? Why didn't you come out straight and tell the lady so you both can find your happiness/love in other places.
Beauty they say lies in the eyes of the beholder. As much as you have every right to hold dear to what you want but how does the "extreme beauty" of a woman helps in building a good home? It still amazes me why you approached someone who doesn't fit in to what you want. It shows that you never even defined your taste/qualities and desires in a woman before jumping the ship. Were you led by the testosterone before asking her out? What did you see in her from the beginning that you are not seeing now?

If she could go to the length of complaining about you not appreciating her beauty, she is dying inside slowly due to lack of appreciation from you. Why hold on to her when you know she is not good enough for you. Is it because she is good in bed?

A lady with an average beauty of 55% in your score sheet has the advantage of becoming a 98% beautiful and gorgeous looking diva if she is in the right environment joined to the right man. Maybe the thought of you not seeing her as pretty is eating deep into her heart thereby affecting her psyche. This alone can affect beauty. Bro, you are giving that poor lady slow poison by your attitude.

Physiology has taught us that every female has the same physiology irrespective of size, race, shape and culture. The illusion of beauty lies in the imagination of your heart. If you reset your heart that she is beautiful, you will start to see the beauty you never saw. And if you marry the most beautiful girl in the world, she later gets involved in an accident that affects her beauty, will you ditch her?

I am not saying beauty is not important. It is very important but after marriage, trust me you will be less bothered about the beauty if you marry a Hawk. The bible says "Favour is deceitful, and beauty is VAIN: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.." Why waste your precious energy chasing vain and mundane things. It is her character that will give you happiness in the union not her beauty. Her beauty may even become a problem you wouldn't be able to handle. In as much as she has the two roebucks on the upper abdomen/thorax and the hole in the lower abdomen in between her legs, and they good enough to behold, to hell with beauty with no substance.

So, you are not seeing or looking at what you should look at. Hence you are confused because you don't even know the right characteristics to watch out for in a potential spouse.

Late last year, I got a visa out of Nigeria and my parents started talking to me about marriage

Congratulations on the visa grant. Was she involved during the visa application process? Was she happy about it when it was granted?

My mum likes her a lot but my father is just indifferent about her. Well probably because my father and I kind of share the same taste in terms of pretty women (my mum is beautiful).

If your MUM likes her a lot, then she is a big catch. Fathers don't too get involved in their children's decision about marriage except on rare occasions. So indifference may not be because of her beauty or lack of it but because the choice is yours and he doesn't want to interfere. He is respecting your territory.. so stop reading deluded opinion to his action.

Now I have to decide as soon as possible and I am really scared because my decision will either make or mar my home. I want to get married to someone I really love to the bones yet I don’t want to hurt her. Not someone who I will have to think twice if anyone asks if I really love her. It’s not as if I don’t love her at all but maybe not strong enough to talk about marriage. I am yet to feel so deeply in love with her after two years. I have had two ladies before her and I know how we were all over each other. In her case, I even don’t regularly tell her I love her yet I used to be very very romantic in my past relationships.

My advice, please ditch her. Inbox me her phone number and I will connect her to someone who will treat her like an "Emperess". Your understanding of love is the biggest issue you have. Love is not emotional butterfly, it is a decision to be fair, just, sincere, honest and accountable to your spouse. Love who you marry bro. If your first two relationships were full of emotional butterflies, why did they end? Why are you not marrying them?

A real man sees a challenge and confront it not running away from it. She is not "romantic", you have not done anything to help her with it. At least nothing to that effect from your write up. You don't tell her you love her because you have created a barrier in your heart blocking the "love hormones" to express your feelings. Until you break the wall of Jericho of beauty in your heart, I am sorry, you will never love her.

I do not have any other lady catching my attention I have just been indifferent. As a matter of fact, when I wanted to leave Nigeria, my parents wanted a formal introduction but I wasn’t sure if I want her for a life partner after two years and I don’t wanna hurt her because she will be broken psychologically. On the other hand, I get scared of losing her because women with such a good character like her are very rare to come by these days. Nevertheless, I am certain that if I meet someone with same character as her today and let’s say 75% rating, I may be carried away so easily without looking back. I don’t want to marry a woman I will likely cheat on after marriage.

You are a confused bro... Your parents wanted an introduction, that shows that your dad was not against her after all. The best way not to hurt her is to let her go now. She will hurt but she will get over it. The earlier you realised this, the better for her.

You can never find anybody like her. No two individuals are the same. It is either you get someone better than her or worse than her. If nature/providence placed a rare gem in your path and because of vanity you throw it away, I am sorry you may never get such a gem again. Life has a way of paying back. You may think you got good package in the beginning but events after will show that you entered a "one chance". Since idea of cheating is crossing your mind now. even if you marry a beauty sent from heaven, you will end up cheating on her. Most people that cheat decided to from onset with this type of mindset.

One last complicacy is the fact that she is from a broken home. Her mum got married to several men at the early stage of her life and had children with them (I am not judging). I had to lie to my parents that her parents had divorced several years ago. Even at that they immediately started questioning me about her sisters: if her sisters are still in marriage and if they are doing fine. This alone haunts me sometimes because I don’t tell lies.

I wouldn't say this is not a cause for concern as it may have a generational effect. However, if she has the determination to make her marriage work, then there is no cause for alarm. You only need to be prayerful. I don't have the info to what caused her mother's several marriages but if it is character deficiency, your description of this lady doesn't show someone that will tow that path.

My dad had six wives and other concubines I can't count or know but it didn't turn me to an "harem". Rahab was an harlot but from her lineage came forth the "Rod of salvation". As much as her background is important, the girl in question is more important.

Now, I am at a cross road. Sometimes I tell myself that with time I will learn to love her as my wife and in the same vein I tell myself if after over two years, the love had dwindled from my own end to this extent what will happen in marriage? Can I learn to love her truly overtime? Should I let her go? Please help me!!!!!

Please let her go. I am willing to help you. Send me her phone number and she will totally forget about you.

I wish you well in your decision.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help I Need Advise….should I Go Ahead And Marry Her Or Not? by babygirlfl: 1:00am On Jun 15, 2015
Acquilla, I appreciate your honesty but the person you should be honest to now is your girlfriend.

Please leave her for a man that will love her the way she is now and a man that thinks she is 100%. You have wasted her time enough. Please free her.

The worse thing that will happen to her is for you to marry her and make her life a misery as you will constantly make her feel like she is not your standard.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help I Need Advise….should I Go Ahead And Marry Her Or Not? by Ewuro4: 1:19am On Jun 15, 2015
So you waited 2 fûcking years to realize there's zero spark between two of you? Gosh. How're you gonna break it to her.

Coogar, timbuktou, pickabeau1
Re: Help I Need Advise….should I Go Ahead And Marry Her Or Not? by Ewuro4: 1:23am On Jun 15, 2015
lolaredvelvet:

a. You don't love her

Amen!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help I Need Advise….should I Go Ahead And Marry Her Or Not? by Acquilla: 4:20am On Jun 15, 2015
bellong:

No worries, people create new monikers everytime here to narrate sob stories or story that touch. You are not the first and will not be the last. How are you sure that with the new moniker, your "girl" wouldn't know it is her story you have narrated here. You goofed with the opening post.

I know you will get sincere and insincere advices, my concern is "are you willing to take to the reasonable and sincere advices you will get?"

Good to know that you know a good girl when you see one. The two years are long enough for you to know what you want from a lady for a journey of a life time. If she stood by you during the thick and thin, she will still stand by you during robust and lean of the future.

At the mouth of two or three witnesses shall the truth be established. This lady has witnesses of her good behaviour from the members of your own family. Character is the foundation of a good home.

This "she is not romantic" phrase is too ambiguous for me to comprehend. What do you mean by it? Is it the romantic stuff you read from mills and boons or the one you watch in Hollywood? Please explain this your not romantic phrase.
If I don't understand what you mean, at least the lady understood you. She went ahead to tell you her opinion of the likely cause of the challenge. "What did you or have you done to help her through this challenge?". One of the essence of relationship is to help each other become better in virtue that is inadequate or totally missing. Love is not self-centred nor selfish but sacrificial.

Intense feeling of love?? shocked shocked grin Bro, please stop watching Telemundo. Probably you have read too much romantic novels that created an illusion in your mind. What intense feeling attracted you to her in the first place? Love is not a feeling, it is a decision. prolly you wanted to refer to the emotional attachment born out of lust or sexual desire for the opposite sex. That my friend is not love.

Since you realised that your love bug was missing months into the relationship, what pushed you to carry on? Why didn't you come out straight and tell the lady so you both can find your happiness/love in other places.
Beauty they say lies in the eyes of the beholder. As much as you have every right to hold dear to what you want but how does the "extreme beauty" of a woman helps in building a good home? It still amazes me why you approached someone who doesn't fit in to what you want. It shows that you never even defined your taste/qualities and desires in a woman before jumping the ship. Were you led by the testosterone before asking her out? What did you see in her from the beginning that you are not seeing now?

If she could go to the length of complaining about you not appreciating her beauty, she is dying inside slowly due to lack of appreciation from you. Why hold on to her when you know she is not good enough for you. Is it because she is good in bed?

A lady with an average beauty of 55% in your score cheat has the advantage of becoming a 98% beautiful and gorgeous looking diva if she is in the right environment joined to the right man. Maybe the thought of you not seeing her as pretty is eating deep into her heart thereby affecting her psyche. This alone can affect beauty. Bro, you are giving that poor lady slow poison by your attitude.

Physiology has taught us that every female has the same physiology irrespective of size, race, shape and culture. The illusion of beauty lies in the imagination of your heart. If you reset your heart that she is beautiful, you will start to see the beauty you never saw. And if you marry the most beautiful girl in the world, she later gets involved in an accident that affects her beauty, will you ditch her?

I am not saying beauty is not important. It is very important but after marriage, trust me you will be less bothered about the beauty if you marry a Hawk. The bible says "Favour is deceitful, and beauty is VAIN: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.." Why waste your precious energy chasing vain and mundane things. It is her character that will give you happiness in the union not her beauty. Her beauty may even become a problem you wouldn't be able to handle. In as much as she has the two roebucks on the upper abdomen/thorax and the hole in the lower abdomen in between her legs, and they good enough to behold, to hell with beauty with no substance.

So, you are not seeing or looking at what you should look at. Hence you are confused because you don't even know the right characteristics to watch out for in a potential spouse.

Congratulations on the visa grant. Was she involved during the visa application process? Was she happy about it when it was granted?

If your MUM likes her a lot, then she is a big catch. Fathers don't too get involved in their children's decision about marriage except on rare occasions. So indifference may not be because of her beauty or lack of it but because the choice is yours and he doesn't want to interfere. He is respecting your territory.. so stop reading deluded opinion to his action.

My advice, please ditch her. Inbox me her phone number and I will connect her to someone who will treat her like an "Emperess". Your understanding of love is the biggest issue you have. Love is not emotional butterfly, it is a decision to be fair, just, sincere, honest and accountable to your spouse. Love who you marry bro. If your first two relationships were full of emotional butterflies, why did they end? Why are you not marrying them?

A real man sees a challenge and confront it not running away from it. She is not "romantic", you have not done anything to help her with it. At least nothing to that effect from your write up. You don't tell her you love her because you have created a barrier in your heart blocking the "love hormones" to express your feelings. Until you break the wall of Jericho of beauty in your heart, I am sorry, you will never love her.

You are a confused bro... Your parents wanted an introduction, that shows that your dad was not against her after all. The best way not to hurt her is to let her go now. She will hurt but she will get over it. The earlier you realised this, the better for her.

You can never find anybody like her. No two individuals are the same. It is either you get someone better than her or worse than her. If nature/providence placed a rare gem in your path and because of vanity you throw it away, I am sorry you may never get such a gem again. Life has a way of paying back. You may think you got good package in the beginning but events after will show that you entered a "one chance". Since idea of cheating is crossing your mind now. even if you marry a beauty sent from heaven, you will end up cheating on her. Most people that cheat decided to from onset with this type of mindset.

I wouldn't say this is not a cause for concern as it may have a generational effect. However, if she has the determination to make her marriage work, then there is no cause for alarm. You only need to be prayerful. I don't have the info to what caused her mother's several marriages but if it is character deficiency, your description of this lady doesn't show someone that will tow that path.

My dad had six wives and other concubines I can't count or know but it didn't turn me to an "harem". Rahab was an harlot but from her lineage came forth the "Rod of salvation". As much as her background is important, the girl in question is more important.

Please let her go. I am willing to help you. Send me her phone number and she will totally forget about you.

Woww this is an eye opener...........I cant thank you enough!!!!!!!! I am really grateful...... cry cry cry cry. By the grace of God, I will send you our wedding invitation personally!!!! I see tips on how to be the best husband she could ever have in your analytical replies. May almighty God bless the source of your huge knowledge......may your oil never run dry.....may you continue to progress higher and higher. I called her just now and spoke in an unusual manner. She was dumbfounded while the conversation lasted because i was expressive for the first time ever!!! she was so happy!!!! I found alot of peace and Joy in your reply. You said 55percent could actually turn to 100!!!! given the right environment.....wowww!!! I will definitely call you not to give you her number for someone thats gonna treat her as an "empress" though. I will treat her myself thanks grin grin grin. I will do a hard reset on my heart as you have indirectly suggested. I feel so peaceful. I have been unhappy and this has been a burden for awhile. God bless you abundantly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 Likes

Re: Help I Need Advise….should I Go Ahead And Marry Her Or Not? by yetseyi(f): 5:38am On Jun 15, 2015
Oga Bellong Three gbosa for you ooo.
I actually logged in at this time to comment on this thread after reading it yesternight. You have done justice to the epistle I intended to write.

Mr acquilla

Acquilla:

I called her just now and spoke in an unusual manner. She was dumbfounded while the conversation lasted because i was expressive for the first time ever!!! she was so happy!!!!

I will do a hard reset on my heart as you have indirectly suggested.

You are on the right path, Thank God you realized its the first time you are expressive and you can see immediate results.

lool at heart reset.

2 Likes

Re: Help I Need Advise….should I Go Ahead And Marry Her Or Not? by bellong: 5:43am On Jun 15, 2015
Acquilla:

Woww this is an eye opener...........I cant thank you enough!!!!!!!! I am really grateful...... cry cry cry cry.

Its a pleasure bro. I am happy it is helpful.

By the grace of God, I will send you our wedding invitation personally!!!!

I will surely appreciate it bro. I love good endings... cheesy

I see tips on how to be the best husband she could ever have in your analytical replies. May almighty God bless the source of your huge knowledge......may your oil never run dry.....may you continue to progress higher and higher.

Amen... Thanks for the prayers. May God bless you beyond imagination.

I called her just now and spoke in an unusual manner. She was dumbfounded while the conversation lasted because i was expressive for the first time ever!!! she was so happy!!!! I found alot of peace and Joy in your reply. You said 55percent could actually turn to 100!!!! given the right environment.....wowww!!!

This, you did if done consistently will build up the rush hormone you have been seeking. Not only will you make her happy, you will find peace in your heart treating your lady right.

I will definitely call you not to give you her number for someone thats gonna treat her as an "empress" though. I will treat her myself thanks grin grin grin. I will do a hard reset on my heart as you have indirectly suggested. I feel so peaceful. I have been unhappy and this has been a burden for awhile. God bless you abundantly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is love in sharing bro, don't hoard her number... grin grin

See, a man born of a woman is of few days and full of trouble. Every man including woman will surely go through season(s) of adversity, no one can escape it, only that the nature and extent will differ. It is in this period of adversity that you appreciate a spouse for her support, encouragement and stand for you not for the texture of her skin. It is one of the reasons the bible says "woe unto him that is alone...". If you marry for the beauty and the lady doesn't share your dreams, aspirations and goals, she will ditch you in the time of trouble.

Some men and women dying of sudden heart attack are as a result of extreme disappointment from their respective spouses. You need a woman that will support you and bear the burdens with you not a signboard woman.

As you have realised this, I pray that you find fulfillment in each other till old age death do you part or take you both.

I wish you speed in your endeavours. Looking forward to the invitation.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help I Need Advise….should I Go Ahead And Marry Her Or Not? by yetseyi(f): 5:52am On Jun 15, 2015
bellong:

. In as much as she has the two roebucks on the upper abdomen/thorax and the hole in the lower abdomen in between her legs, and they good enough to behold, to hell with beauty with no substance.

Chai Mr bellong the word "roebucks" got me laughing seriously.
Re: Help I Need Advise….should I Go Ahead And Marry Her Or Not? by bellong: 5:58am On Jun 15, 2015
yetseyi:

Chai Mr bellong the word "roebucks" got me laughing seriously.

cheesy cheesy

Mr spambot will block us from calling it what it is...
Re: Help I Need Advise….should I Go Ahead And Marry Her Or Not? by yetseyi(f): 6:05am On Jun 15, 2015
bellong:

cheesy cheesy
Mr spambot will block us from calling it what it is...
grin
Re: Help I Need Advise….should I Go Ahead And Marry Her Or Not? by pickabeau1: 6:39am On Jun 15, 2015
Ewuro4:
So you waited 2 fûcking years to realize there's zero spark between two of you? Gosh. How're you gonna break it to her.

Cogar, timbu, pick1

why do u see it as time wasting...
they were both In the relationship

a broken relationship is better than a broken marriage

acquilla

as for me...if she has the morals, she respects you as her husband and has the shape go for it...few people will be better outside
Re: Help I Need Advise….should I Go Ahead And Marry Her Or Not? by onegig(m): 8:11am On Jun 15, 2015
Thought it was females only that used to have this kind of outlook, so males also don join?

Wish I was the President.

Would have banned telemundo, mills & boons, most fake hollywood romantic movies etc, for misleading hundreds of thousands on what Love is actually is. cheesy
Re: Help I Need Advise….should I Go Ahead And Marry Her Or Not? by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 15, 2015
OP, she seems like the perfect wife, according to your post. I would advise that you don't marry solely for love or looks, these things are a mirage and are subject to loss of value over time. The things that matter in a relationship are responsibility, loyalty and respect, and these would most likely build love, and, at least definitely make for a happy home. If you ever marry, these should be the criteria, not ephemeral concepts.

However, the issue of her mother's romantic history is a matter of concern. Having more than two children from more than two men is a major red flag for me, bruv. Have you found out why her mother can't seem to hold a man? Is it because she's attracted to the wrong type of man or is it because she's the wrong type of woman herself? If it's the first reason, there's hope yet. However, on the second, I'd be a lot more introspective if I were you. You need to find out about that girl's dating history from people living in your neighbourhood, just to be sure what you're getting into.

You are a man of high value: financially stable, levelheaded, not given to womanising. Bros, any witch would appear to be an angel just to secure a ring from you. Do your due diligence and be satisfied with making an informed decision.

Be wise.

1 Like

Re: Help I Need Advise….should I Go Ahead And Marry Her Or Not? by funlord(m): 8:49am On Jun 15, 2015
Acquilla:
People, I need your sincere advice. Here is my story. There is this lady I have been dating for the past two years. We have been together through thick and thin and being honest, she is a wife material. Even some of my family member’s siblings to be precise can attest to her virtues. All the while, I have admired her qualities and in fairness to God, she has what it takes to be a good wife and till now, I am yet to cheat on her because I don’t cheat. After few months of normal early cravings of a new relationship, things started declining from my own end. I realized she is not romantic. This she blamed on the type of home she came from. I tried my best to teach her but maybe I’m not a good teacher. I am this kind of guy whose romantic part get driven by my girl. In this case my girl is not romantic and it had adverse effect on me too.

I have told her couple of times that I am yet to experience that intense feeling of love one has for her boo. That intense cravings, outpour of excruciating feelings and emotional attachments that makes you so eager to ask if she’s gonna marry you…..I was quick to identify this some months after we started dating and while doing some self evaluation, I realized one of the reasons apart from the fact that I found her not romantic why I am not too attached is the fact that she seemed not too beautiful for my taste. I am this kind of guy that likes beautiful women; she isn’t ugly though I will classify her as average in all (55%) by my own standards. The funniest thing is my friends say she’s beautiful but I have never seen her in that light. There was a time she complained lightly that I have never called her pretty.

Late last year, I got a visa out of Nigeria and my parents started talking to me about marriage .My mum likes her a lot but my father is just indifferent about her. Well probably because my father and I kind of share the same taste in terms of pretty women (my mum is beautiful). Now I have to decide as soon as possible and I am really scared because my decision will either make or mar my home. I want to get married to someone I really love to the bones yet I don’t want to hurt her. Not someone who I will have to think twice if anyone asks if I really love her. It’s not as if I don’t love her at all but maybe not strong enough to talk about marriage. I am yet to feel so deeply in love with her after two years. I have had two ladies before her and I know how we were all over each other. In her case, I even don’t regularly tell her I love her yet I used to be very very romantic in my past relationships.

I do not have any other lady catching my attention I have just been indifferent. As a matter of fact, when I wanted to leave Nigeria, my parents wanted a formal introduction but I wasn’t sure if I want her for a life partner after two years and I don’t wanna hurt her because she will be broken psychologically. On the other hand, I get scared of losing her because women with such a good character like her are very rare to come by these days. Nevertheless, I am certain that if I meet someone with same character as her today and let’s say 75% rating, I may be carried away so easily without looking back. I don’t want to marry a woman I will likely cheat on after marriage.

One last complicacy is the fact that she is from a broken home. Her mum got married to several men at the early stage of her life and had children with them (I am not judging). I had to lie to my parents that her parents had divorced several years ago. Even at that they immediately started questioning me about her sisters: if her sisters are still in marriage and if they are doing fine. This alone haunts me sometimes because I don’t tell lies.

Now, I am at a cross road. Sometimes I tell myself that with time I will learn to love her as my wife and in the same vein I tell myself if after over two years, the love had dwindled from my own end to this extent what will happen in marriage? Can I learn to love her truly overtime? Should I let her go? Please help me!!!!!

grin
Acquilla:
People, I need your sincere advice. Here is my story. There is this lady I have been dating for the past two years. We have been together through thick and thin and being honest, she is a wife material. Even some of my family member’s siblings to be precise can attest to her virtues. All the while, I have admired her qualities and in fairness to God, she has what it takes to be a good wife and till now, I am yet to cheat on her because I don’t cheat. After few months of normal early cravings of a new relationship, things started declining from my own end. I realized she is not romantic. This she blamed on the type of home she came from. I tried my best to teach her but maybe I’m not a good teacher. I am this kind of guy whose romantic part get driven by my girl. In this case my girl is not romantic and it had adverse effect on me too.

Late last year, I got a visa out of Nigeria and my parents started talking to me about marriage .My mum likes her a lot but my father is just indifferent about her. Well probably because my father and I kind of share the same taste in terms of pretty women (my mum is beautiful). Now I have to decide as soon as possible and I am really scared because my decision will either make or mar my home. I want to get married to someone I really love to the bones yet I don’t want to hurt her. Not someone who I will have to think twice if anyone asks if I really love her. It’s not as if I don’t love her at all but maybe not strong enough to talk about marriage. I am yet to feel so deeply in love with her after two years. I have had two ladies before her and I know how we were all over each other. In her case, I even don’t regularly tell her I love her yet I used to be very very romantic in my past relationships.

Oh no! YOU are in trouble! Next time look before you leap!
Re: Help I Need Advise….should I Go Ahead And Marry Her Or Not? by shrekandfiona: 9:05am On Jun 15, 2015
bellong:

A lady with an average beauty of 55% in your score sheet has the advantage of becoming a 98% beautiful and gorgeous looking diva if she is in the right environment joined to the right man. Maybe the thought of you not seeing her as pretty is eating deep into her heart thereby affecting her psyche. This alone can affect beauty. Bro, you are giving that poor lady slow poison by your attitude.

wow. I don't usually read lengthy posts but yours truly nailed it. Am almost a decade in marriage but learnt something new from your post. Thank you smiley

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Husband Shocks Wife Who Wanted To Spend More Time With Her Bestfriend(video) / Christmas Was More Fun As Child. / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 192
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.