Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,752 members, 7,802,309 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

My Real Life Experiences With "Ogbanje" People. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Real Life Experiences With "Ogbanje" People. (13163 Views)

43 Signs You Are An Ogbanje / The Plight Of An Ogbanje (witch Children) / My Real Life Experiences With "Ogbanje" People. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Real Life Experiences With "Ogbanje" People. by Jman06(m): 8:41pm On Jun 14, 2015
I'll like to start this thread by saying that I am the kind of guy who doesn't believe in the existence of spirits or demons. The whole idea of spiritualism just sound too abstract to me. Since I grew up, I have been seeking to find the truth about spirits but my efforts have not yielded the desired result as I have not been able to come face to face with any spiritual being.

However, growing up as a child in my small village, some events occurred and still occurs which are pointers to the possible existence of the spirit world. Any Igbo person on this forum would have heard about the "ogbanje" spirits and I am have personally witnessed countless cases of alleged "ogbanje" attacks.

Some died in the episodes while many were able to dig up their own wherever they buried it and got delivered from the spirits.

One of my older sis was a victim of the supposed "ogbanje" attacks. As a young girl, she once had a very frightening encounter. She was coming back from school one fateful day and the moment she got to a small river in my village, she was allegedly attacked and became really sick. She was taken to a hospital in my village but the doctor could not find a cause for her illness. In fact, after carrying out medical examinations on her, the doctor was the one that even suggested to my mum to look for solution to her illness by the traditional means. My sis was so sick that a day came when she almost passed out. She was convulsing seriously and my mom had to rush her to UNTH and after spending many days there, she was discharged yet the sickness did not completely go. She was still always complaining about some strange and unseen people gathering around her whenever she was alone. She could go to the toilet this minute and the next minute she would run into the house crying about those same unseen people gathering and threatening her. This episode continued until a time my mom decided to look for solution through the traditional way. So she visited a "dibia" in my area who narrated the the "genesis" of the problem and proffered a solution to it. My mother followed the "dibia's" instructions and made all the sacrifices prescribed. My sister was lucky as she became well again immediately after the sacrifices were made.

However, my cousin sister was not lucky in her own case as she died of her own supposedly "ogbanje" encounter. She was living with her brother in the northern part of the country when the whole thing started. The day she left her brother's house, nobody knew about her movement. Before then she was always in the habit of talking to herself and laughing alone with no known body around her. She got home and very pretty and with no physical sign that she was sick of any scientifically known illness. Just always talking and laughing at some supposedly invisible people.
Her brother had to leave his business in the north and came down to the village in search of her. She was taken to the hospital where no known medical condition was found as the cause of her illness. In about 2 weeks, she died.

Growing up, I witnessed so many similar supposedly "ogbanje" cases and one thing that was common among the victims was that they all acted like mad people. My mom even witnessed a case where the lady physically dug up her own "ogbanje", after so much pleas and sacrifices.
Thinking of these cases somehow want to change my unbelief in the existence of the "spirits" that is why I am writing this post for nairalanders to share their experiences and opinions so that I can learn from them to have a better understanding.

Thanks in advance.
Re: My Real Life Experiences With "Ogbanje" People. by jamex93(m): 8:45pm On Jun 14, 2015
that kind tin no fit near me or my family

why

we are soaked in the blood of Jesus

3 Likes

Re: My Real Life Experiences With "Ogbanje" People. by INTROVERT(f): 8:52pm On Jun 14, 2015
Ave never seen and God willing I never will.
Re: My Real Life Experiences With "Ogbanje" People. by Chigold101(m): 9:14pm On Jun 14, 2015
INTROVERT:
Ave never seen and God willing I never will.
amen...

But the only guaranteed way for one not see such is by running into JESUS CHRIST. He has defeated the devil & his agents and has given us power through HIS name & HIS blood.

If you have HIM... Forget dear... No devil can come near u...

2 Likes

Re: My Real Life Experiences With "Ogbanje" People. by proficienc(m): 11:26pm On Jun 14, 2015
I also remember similar experience from my time in nasarawa during NYSC. You'd see someone esp girl playing normally one minute before you know it, she would just fall on the ground and you'd be hearing funny voices. The said person would have the power of 4-5 people.
Before I saw this with my own eyes, I never believe in such thing.

1 Like

Re: My Real Life Experiences With "Ogbanje" People. by Jman06(m): 7:54am On Jun 15, 2015
proficienc:
I also remember similar experience from my time in nasarawa during NYSC. You'd see someone esp girl playing normally one minute before you know it, she would just fall on the ground and you'd be hearing funny voices. The said person would have the power of 4-5 people.
Before I saw this with my own eyes, I never believe in such thing.
My bro, tho I have witnessed countless such cases, I still find it hard to believe there are no possible scientific causes perhaps not yet discovered. That is why medical practitioners failed to treat those cases.
Re: My Real Life Experiences With "Ogbanje" People. by proficienc(m): 9:29am On Jun 15, 2015
Jman06:
My bro, tho I have witnessed countless such cases, I still find it hard to believe there are no possible scientific causes perhaps not yet discovered. That is why medical practitioners failed to treat those cases.
Science cant explain everything. How can science explain someone's hand turning into the claws of a lion for a brief second.
Mehn I saw some crazy stuff up in Nasarawa sotey men dey fear straff... imagining doing it and you just hear the voice grin

1 Like

Re: My Real Life Experiences With "Ogbanje" People. by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 15, 2015
"one thing that was common among the victims was that they all acted like mad people"
Re: My Real Life Experiences With "Ogbanje" People. by Jman06(m): 1:23pm On Jun 15, 2015
proficienc:

Science cant explain everything. How can science explain someone's hand turning into the claws of a lion for a brief second.
Mehn I saw some crazy stuff up in Nasarawa sotey men dey fear straff... imagining doing it and you just hear the voice grin
lol
Re: My Real Life Experiences With "Ogbanje" People. by Jman06(m): 1:29pm On Jun 15, 2015
crusadistic:
"one thing that was common among the victims was that they all acted like mad people"
Not full blown madness. And why couldn't doctors diagnose those cases as madness but were completely helplessThey were even the ones that referred them to 'dibias'
Re: My Real Life Experiences With "Ogbanje" People. by winetapper: 1:30pm On Jun 15, 2015
are you from Okija shocked
Re: My Real Life Experiences With "Ogbanje" People. by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jun 15, 2015
Jman06:
Not full blown madness. And why couldn't doctors diagnose those cases as madness but were completely helplessThey were even the ones that referred them to 'dibias'
madness na madness.you should mean some superstitous I'll trained and ill equipped Nigerian doctors.why don't they also happen in developed countries like it happens here.am not denying the existence of certain spiritual influences,but most of these cases are purely mental.
Re: My Real Life Experiences With "Ogbanje" People. by Jman06(m): 4:01pm On Jun 15, 2015
Macmilla:

You are just a superstitious fool.
You are 1diot who can't read and comprehend a simple text. Your m0ronic self failed to comprehend where I wrote that I am the type that doesn't believe in spirits and demons but just trying to find possible explanation to an alleged spiritual problem that is prevalent in my locality.
How fo0lish can you get, dunce!
Re: My Real Life Experiences With "Ogbanje" People. by winner01(m): 6:37pm On Oct 22, 2015
I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live - God
God bless you as you choose wisely
Re: My Real Life Experiences With "Ogbanje" People. by trapQ: 11:05pm On Oct 22, 2015
Don't mind him... I understand you perfectly and I don't doubt anything you said. Those that say there is no GOD are the worst set of fools.

Even a white man didn't believe until he saw these things with his own eyes. Then he wrote a book about it creating awareness of the spirit world.
Jman06:
You are 1diot who can't read and comprehend a simple text. Your m0ronic self failed to comprehend where I wrote that I am the type that doesn't believe in spirits and demons but just trying to find possible explanation to an alleged spiritual problem that is prevalent in my locality.
How fo0lish can you get, dunce!

1 Like

Re: My Real Life Experiences With "Ogbanje" People. by Nobody: 2:07am On Nov 12, 2016
shocked
Re: My Real Life Experiences With "Ogbanje" People. by Anonykj: 2:17am On Nov 12, 2016
tongue....
Re: My Real Life Experiences With "Ogbanje" People. by Anonykj: 2:17am On Nov 12, 2016
@jman06... How does someone remove this spirit
Re: My Real Life Experiences With "Ogbanje" People. by skeendyke: 8:34am On Nov 12, 2016
To those saying that the op is superstitious and that such things don't happen in developed countries it only shows you are the kind of people who confidently assert a notion without any form of investigation, such thing only ignorant fellows would do.

WHO TOLD YOU DEVELOPED COUNTRIES ARE FREE OF SPIRITUAL PHENOMENA THAT DEFY LOGICAL AND SCIENTIFIC EXPLANATION?

Read read read!! The world did not develop to this stage only through assertion. To chart new territories you have to explore otherwise you will remain stagnant in your mind all your life.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Real Life Experiences With "Ogbanje" People. by Ebenezar2O2O: 1:01am On Jul 26, 2020
proficienc:

how can I believe the bolded?
Re: My Real Life Experiences With "Ogbanje" People. by Mandela27: 11:46am On Mar 14, 2021
Girls are mostly ogbanjes I see them from afar

(1) (Reply)

How To Be A Genuine Christian, Please Read! Don't Go To Hell Fire / Do Pastors Fall Sick? / Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.