Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,412 members, 7,781,194 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:27 AM

Family Loses 3 Children To Inferno In Lagos[Photo] - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Loses 3 Children To Inferno In Lagos[Photo] (22595 Views)

Couple Arrested While Having Sex In Open Room In Lagos (Photo) / Parents In Tears At The Wedding Of Their Only Daughter In Lagos. Photo / Kids Drinking Dry Gin In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Loses 3 Children To Inferno In Lagos[Photo] by Islie: 8:43pm On Jun 14, 2015
Three children of the same parents on Saturday night died in an inferno that destroyed their apartment in Egbeda-Akowonjo area of Lagos State.
The fire, caused by candle light, occurred at about 10 p.m., at No 20, Fakoya Street, Vulcaniser Bus Stop, Egbeda Akowonjo.
The three kids have been identified as Ifeoma, 9; Emeka, 7; and Udeoma, 3.

The Director of Lagos State Fire Service, Razak Fadipe, confirmed this in Lagos on Sunday.
Mr. Fadipe said that the fire broke after the father of the children had gone to check his wife, the mother of the children, in the hospital, where she had just given birth to their fourth child.
He said that the fire service was not called to the scene on time, and advised people to stop the use of candle in their houses.
“We got a distress call and when we got there, we discovered that, it was a building that was on fire.
“The building is located at No 20, Fakoya St, . Vulcaniser Bus Stop, Egbeda Akowonjo, a suburb of Lagos.
“The fire was caused by a candle, which was lit by their father, while he went to see his wife and the family’s new baby in the hospital,” he said.
Mr. Fadipe said that the charred body of the dead children had been removed to a mortuary by the police from Shasha Division.
The fire service boss appealed to people in Lagos to desist from using candle in their homes, as it could be very dangerous.
(NAN)

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/185045-family-loses-3-children-to-inferno-in-lagos.html

Picture credit: new telegraph

Re: Family Loses 3 Children To Inferno In Lagos[Photo] by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 14, 2015
RIP
Re: Family Loses 3 Children To Inferno In Lagos[Photo] by DuchessLily(f): 8:49pm On Jun 14, 2015
Aawwwch! So sad

RIP
Re: Family Loses 3 Children To Inferno In Lagos[Photo] by VickyRotex(f): 8:50pm On Jun 14, 2015
Oro ooo!!!

It's "Just" a Candle, but it took 3 Precious lives.

Please let's be more Cautious.

RIP Ifeoma, Emeka, and Udeoma cry

I pray the new baby comforts the family.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Loses 3 Children To Inferno In Lagos[Photo] by mifavour(f): 8:54pm On Jun 14, 2015
embarassed so painful

1 Like

Re: Family Loses 3 Children To Inferno In Lagos[Photo] by ammyluv2002(f): 9:08pm On Jun 14, 2015
mifavour:
embarassed so painful
Honestly
Re: Family Loses 3 Children To Inferno In Lagos[Photo] by ijustdey: 9:09pm On Jun 14, 2015
Mr. Fadipe said that the fire broke after the father of the children had gone to check his wife, the
mother of the children, in the hospital, where she
had just given birth to their fourth child.

this is sad....

he went to cheer and check his wife on the arrival of a new joy not knowing that he will meet sadness at home.

let take candle out of home and embrace those rechargeable lantern and touch lights.... it's save lives

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Loses 3 Children To Inferno In Lagos[Photo] by doublewisdom: 9:15pm On Jun 14, 2015
Candle again? Our people never learn. RIP To the dead.
Re: Family Loses 3 Children To Inferno In Lagos[Photo] by ihatebuhari(f): 11:01am On Jun 15, 2015
Rip
Re: Family Loses 3 Children To Inferno In Lagos[Photo] by DjHypno(m): 11:02am On Jun 15, 2015
Inferno everywhere... We need to be more careful. R.I.P to the dead. sad
Re: Family Loses 3 Children To Inferno In Lagos[Photo] by Damianobi(m): 11:02am On Jun 15, 2015
May the souls of the departed rest in peace nd may we never see such again.
Its really a painful stuff bt wit God, All is well.
Re: Family Loses 3 Children To Inferno In Lagos[Photo] by belamour(m): 11:02am On Jun 15, 2015
My condolence to dere family cry

R I P to the dead
Re: Family Loses 3 Children To Inferno In Lagos[Photo] by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 15, 2015
shocked shocked. That's so sad!! cry cry

Damianobi:
K

angry angry
Re: Family Loses 3 Children To Inferno In Lagos[Photo] by meforyou1(m): 11:03am On Jun 15, 2015
So sad
Re: Family Loses 3 Children To Inferno In Lagos[Photo] by idithlove(f): 11:03am On Jun 15, 2015
SAD!!!!

1 Like

Re: Family Loses 3 Children To Inferno In Lagos[Photo] by georgikpons: 11:03am On Jun 15, 2015
Do people still use candle in this age. RIP

2 Likes

Re: Family Loses 3 Children To Inferno In Lagos[Photo] by highdeenoble: 11:04am On Jun 15, 2015
hmmmm
Re: Family Loses 3 Children To Inferno In Lagos[Photo] by mifavour(f): 11:04am On Jun 15, 2015
DjHypno:
Inferno everywhere... We need to be more careful. R.I.P to the dead. sad
been modified. I see!
Re: Family Loses 3 Children To Inferno In Lagos[Photo] by eleko1: 11:05am On Jun 15, 2015
shocked Ikunle ooooo embarassed cry.Nepa!see una evil sad.
Re: Family Loses 3 Children To Inferno In Lagos[Photo] by Inkredible(m): 11:05am On Jun 15, 2015
Sad
Re: Family Loses 3 Children To Inferno In Lagos[Photo] by DROGON: 11:05am On Jun 15, 2015
Jesus Christ!

R.I.P kids.
Re: Family Loses 3 Children To Inferno In Lagos[Photo] by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 15, 2015
In 2015, this is what is happening.

People using Candles in 2015.

Our govt has failed us.

7 Likes

Re: Family Loses 3 Children To Inferno In Lagos[Photo] by agarawu23(m): 11:06am On Jun 15, 2015
chai
Re: Family Loses 3 Children To Inferno In Lagos[Photo] by dozymars(m): 11:07am On Jun 15, 2015
Please people should stop the use of candles or kerosine lantern.
There are better options like Solar Lanterns.
The sun is always available to recharge it for your use at Night.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Family Loses 3 Children To Inferno In Lagos[Photo] by labamo07(m): 11:07am On Jun 15, 2015
This fire incidents is happening every week. The fire service department needs to be more proactive.
Re: Family Loses 3 Children To Inferno In Lagos[Photo] by DjHypno(m): 11:07am On Jun 15, 2015
Amarachukwu what's your own na You wanna be another AnneMomoh Free me oooo
mifavour:

been modified. I see!
Re: Family Loses 3 Children To Inferno In Lagos[Photo] by AsanwaKC(f): 11:08am On Jun 15, 2015
too bad and sad...some times some death are avoidable but occurs due to our mistakes in this era of cheap rechargeable light...why candle ... undecided RIP to the little kids.
Re: Family Loses 3 Children To Inferno In Lagos[Photo] by omanifrank(m): 11:08am On Jun 15, 2015
oh
Re: Family Loses 3 Children To Inferno In Lagos[Photo] by eleko1: 11:08am On Jun 15, 2015
cry embarassed Vickyrotex zone.Kip off sad

1 Like

Re: Family Loses 3 Children To Inferno In Lagos[Photo] by Archilouis(m): 11:08am On Jun 15, 2015
Looks like a high density location - no neighbours caught it at incipient stage?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Wife Nags A Lot / Another Nigerian Girl, Kiahmarah Nwagwu Goes Missing In London [pictured] / Is My Son's School "Over Teaching?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.