Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,276 members, 7,807,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

15 Most Annoying Things People Do On Plane - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 15 Most Annoying Things People Do On Plane (1195 Views)

Annoying Things People Do In LAGOS Traffic/public Bus / 15 Most Dangerous Roads Around The World / 9 Things People Living In Lagos Can Relate To. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Most Annoying Things People Do On Plane by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 14, 2015
1. Hogging the overhead bins
What is it with people who think that overhead bins exist for them and them alone? They shove everyone else's precious belongings out of the way. Then, they cram their giant carry-on luggage into these bins without a care for other people's breakable objects or perfectly folded items of clothing. So rude!
But that's not the only annoying thing that happens on planes. Oh, no! Keep reading for more of the worst in-flight behavior!

2. Completely reclining seat
A reclining seat -- how fun! It must be there to fully recline whenever you want, right? Wrong! Not only does a fully reclined airplane seat completely squash and trap the row of people behind you. It can also result in a lap of spilt hot food or hot or freezing cold drinks. And it might even break a laptop back when done without warning. Not cool!

3. Smelling bad
There's no excuse for neglecting personal hygiene -- especially when you're about to embark on a spot of air travel. Not fair to your fellow passengers who will be trapped in a confined space with your body odor for the duration of the flight. Equally bad -- dousing yourself in loads of strong smelling perfume or aftershave. You might love it. But those with sensitive noses will not appreciate you reeking the whole way!

4. Kicking the seat in fron of you
If you're trapped in economy class like most of us, you'll have to suffer rows of seats designed with very little leg room. One disadvantage -- being kicked in the back by someone behind you. Every little nudge on the seat back seems to be magically magnified into an annoyance of epic proportions while you're in the air. Kids seem to be particularly guilty of this vice -- maybe because their little legs are just the right size to stretch out and use your seat back as a foot rest. They and their parents are blissfully unaware -- while you're getting more and more annoyed!

5. Crying babies
It feels wrong to be annoyed at crying babies on planes. They can't help it, and often there's not much their parents can do about it, as the babies are seemingly inconsolable. But you may as well kiss your beauty sleep goodbye right away -- nobody's going to sleep through that racket!

6. Bringing stinky food onboard
Why, oh why do people have to bring smelly food aboard a plane? Not a good move! The stinky smells will permeate the aircraft and gross everyone out for the entire flight! If you think you might get hungry -- eat before you board the plane, okay?

7. Coughing and sneezing all over everyone
There's one thing we often take with us after a flight is over -- sick bugs. The confined space and re-circulating air of an aircraft make ideal conditions for diseases to spread. So it's really annoying to find yourself seated beside someone who is coughing, sneezing, and spluttering all over everyone nearby. Suddenly your chances of catching a cold or flu seem all that much greater! What a bummer!

8. Bare feet
We get it -- you just want to be comfy. But for the sake of everyone else, please do not go barefoot on a plane! Poking your stinky feet too near other people's delicate noses is pretty disgusting. Resting them on the tray table is even worse. And going to the restroom in bare feet on a plane is the grossest thing ever! 

9. Using electronics without earphones
Yeah, that video game, movie, or music you're listening to without headphones on sounds good to you! But it's grating on the ears of everyone else on the plane who just wants to get through the flight in peace. Turn the sound off, or plug your headphones in!

10. Fidgeting
Fidgeting -- feet tapping, leg shaking, head scratching, finger drumming, constant wiggling, restless leg syndrome -- whatever makes you unable to sit still on a plane... Ultra annoying!

11. Ordering special meals
These days it seems like so many people are ordering special meals that come out before everyone else's -- that the regular everyday meals take an absolute eternity to arrive. All the gluten-free, vegan, fruit only, kids meals, and many more variations are taking over. It seems like everyone has decided that if you can't beat them, you'd better join them -- and figure out which special meal to order if you don't want to wait forever to eat in-flight!

12. Hogging the bathroom
If you suddenly feel the urge to go to the toilet during your flight, you'd best get in line quick. That's because certain people will hog the bathroom for ages! Meanwhile the line grows longer and longer -- especially after meal times, when the seat belt sign goes off, and right before landing. So annoying!

13. Trapping you or clambering over you
It seems like nowhere on a plane is the ideal seat. If you're in a window seat, you get the view -- but tend to get trapped and have a tricky time getting out of it. If you're in the aisle, you can do as you please -- but don't plan on getting any sleep. Your fellow passengers will constantly be asking you to get up and let them out -- or just clambering right over you without a care in the world!

14. Won't shut up
Being stuck on a plane is not everyone's idea of a good time. Especially when the person seated beside you just won't stop talking -- either insisting on making endless conversation with you -- or yacking loudly away to someone else. Make it stop!

15. Sleeping on your shoulder
What could be worse than a chatty fellow passenger? How about one that keeps dozing off and falling onto you!? Especially if they're also snoring or drooling -- yuck!

www.gadgetpics.com/gallery/7058/most-annoying-things-people-do-on-planes

Cc: disguy justwise ishilove lalasticlala
Re: 15 Most Annoying Things People Do On Plane by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 14, 2015
i have never entered a plane before ....if am traveling to Ghana i will observe cheesy

1 Like

Re: 15 Most Annoying Things People Do On Plane by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jun 14, 2015
koresma26:
i have never entered a plane before ....if am traveling to Ghana i will observe cheesy
U will someday
Re: 15 Most Annoying Things People Do On Plane by dddrexjr(m): 11:09pm On Jun 14, 2015
Snoring
some ppl sabi ask questions…chai!
the worst is when d person sitting nx to u just kips looking at u or ur phone or i pad……… mehn its fucking annoying
Re: 15 Most Annoying Things People Do On Plane by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jun 14, 2015
Anyone that will try one of these with me,after waring and he/she refuse to stop...I will simply threaten him/her with plane crash...
Re: 15 Most Annoying Things People Do On Plane by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jun 14, 2015
Lol just don't fly economy
Re: 15 Most Annoying Things People Do On Plane by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jun 14, 2015
YourMain:
Lol just don't fly economy
Saw ya post And I smiled Dunno y Pls beg me to stop smiling
Re: 15 Most Annoying Things People Do On Plane by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jun 14, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Saw ya post
And I smiled
Dunno y
Pls beg me to stop smiling

Lol no. Don't stop smiling smiley
Re: 15 Most Annoying Things People Do On Plane by rawtouch: 11:39pm On Jun 14, 2015
That number 5 is worse in business class, I don't know why people will do that when others want to either sleep or have to read
Re: 15 Most Annoying Things People Do On Plane by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jun 14, 2015
YourMain:

Lol no. Don't stop smiling smiley
#crying
Re: 15 Most Annoying Things People Do On Plane by tartar9(m): 11:50pm On Jun 14, 2015
as if youve smelled the seat of a plane your entire life.but maybe tyres thou,as a stowaway sad
Re: 15 Most Annoying Things People Do On Plane by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jun 14, 2015
tartar9:
as if youve smelled the seat of a plane your entire life.but maybe tyres thou,as a stowaway sad
Pls pray for tartar9, he nids help
https://www.nairaland.com/2154501/drug-anxiety
Re: 15 Most Annoying Things People Do On Plane by tellwisdom: 12:28am On Jun 15, 2015
Is this what you guys experience on economy? sad
Re: 15 Most Annoying Things People Do On Plane by missdebs(f): 12:53am On Jun 15, 2015
here to read liez
Re: 15 Most Annoying Things People Do On Plane by tellwisdom: 2:19am On Jun 15, 2015
missdebs:
here to read liez

How large is ur yansh??
Re: 15 Most Annoying Things People Do On Plane by cyril83(m): 10:29am On Jun 15, 2015
Have you ever been on a plane Imagine an unemployed robot forming . Hehehe !

(1) (Reply)

Tragedy! Benue State University Professor, Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident / Journey On Arriving MMIA Lagos. / Nigerians, Here Are 10 Most Expensive Countries To Live In.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.