Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

My Cohabiting Boyfriend Proposed To Marry His Arab Student. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Cohabiting Boyfriend Proposed To Marry His Arab Student. (6512 Views)

Arab Woman Places Advert In Newspaper To Praise Her Kenyan Househelp (photos) / Father Caught Daughter With Her Boyfriend In Ebonyi Having Sex (Video) / What Exactly Is Wrong With Cohabiting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Cohabiting Boyfriend Proposed To Marry His Arab Student. by Confession14(f): 11:07pm On Jun 14, 2015
I live in Libya with my boyfriend. We are both from Cameroon. We met in a troubled boat heading to Nigeria through the Cameroon-Nigerian part of the Atlantic ocean on the 4th of January 2015. He is 32 and I am 28. He told me he was heading to Algeria and from there to Spain to join his mother. I was heading to Lagos to resume office on the 5th of January in the Shipping Company where I worked. After much said he proposed we move together to Algeria. I told him I would have loved to, but I don't have money for that except if he was willing to join me to Lagos and work in my company while I gathered money because I had such a good salary. He said he was going to be in charge of all expenses. I told him I will think about it when we get on land.

We got to Uyo(Nigeria) and after asking for more details I decided to go with him. Call it love at first sight , but we felt this deep pull. We got to Sokoto the next day and while eating I asked how much he still had left. Behold he told me just a thousand naira and I was shocked within. However, he told me his brother was sending him money from Cameroon. I had just 12.000 naira left with me, so, we booked a hotel waiting for the next day because the money we are expecting had to pass through Western Union to my banker and next into my account so that I will make withdrawal the next day. We had a great night of passion.

His brother sent 66.000cfa which is 23000 naira. Few days later we got to Agadez in Niger Republic on a Tuesday. The fare per person to Libya was then $400 equivalent to 200.000cfa. The vehicle was to leave on the following Monday but up till Friday none of his supposed rich relations had sent a dime. I was forced to call my elder sister and it was then she got the idea that I wasn't even in Lagos. Luckily, the next day she sent 300.000cfa, I sold my tablet for 30.000cfa and all my gold jewelries for 500cfa plus the 12.000 naira ,so , in total I raised 371.000cfa. On his own part, his mother whom I got to know later that is his foster dad's wife in Spain sent 30.000cfa and calas! I felt so angry and disappointed at his lies but I couldn't leave him in Niger, and I was loving him. Well, like some doing from God, the connection man adviced us to pay complete fare for one person, use 100.000cfa for road settlement and the rest for miscellaneous. So he will travel on credit and pay double once in Libya and he accepted. We left on the said Monday and rode through the Saharan sea of sand. The sufferings therein in the desert is not something I can recall or perhaps my brain is too crammed right now for the gruesome details.

We arrived Libya 5 days later and got locked up in the human traffickers bungalow until he pays the debt of 1000 Libyan dinars which he had agreed to. I was free to go cos I didn't owe a dime but I decided to wait for him to talk to his family which he assured me will only take a week. The week passed by and no one sent a dime. The ghetto is not a place for anyone to stay, men are tortured and girls are harrassed, sold or forced into prostitution. He wrote me messages about 5 times a day begging me to tell the big boss that we are couple married for 6years with a 4years old son. He said failure for me to do so will mean I don't love him and I don't want him as a father to my son (who is living in Camerooo).

My body was changing dramatically and aha! ...I was 2weeks pregnant. He was so joyed he was going to be a father. As for me it was a mixed feeling. We went through huddles and due to the stress I had a miscarriage of 6weeks. All this while we were there for each other as I also made efforts to get my sister, friends and family abroad involved , but I couldn't tell anyone about him yet, because he was behaving funny and jealoused. He had access to my facebook and whatsapp and will insult any male friend who was a thread. We quarrelled about it, especially when he forcefully bypassed me and introduced himself to my sister. He had given up on his family and friends. We were then 2 months in the ghetto, but we grew stronger as husband and wife and were so admired by every one. I opened up to him about everything. A Cameroonian resident in Libya proposed to come and remove me by paying my 150lyd debt I had incured as ghetto fee for the 2 months accommodation and feeding. I lied to the man that I owed 1000lyd which I hoped it will free my man from the mystery even if it meant I suffered. I told my man about the whole deal and he was furious saying he is jealoused. So I dropped down the offer. In due time, I told the Cameroonian to see us as brothers and sister and that I couldn't leave my husband. Often times he will call to link us to some Cameroonians already established in Libya. Within the next 2 weeks, my friends abroad sent me 600Lyd. We pleaded with the big boss and behold we were freed on March 15th, after spending 2 months 2 weeks in that ghetto prison.

We stayed at one of our Ghana friend's house while looking for our own house. He was a businessman and had promised to help us with capital for business so we can start a new life, but that we shall share profits. He lent us 300 lyd to pay for the 3 bedroom flat meant for residential and business purpose. We took another 300lyd loan from one of my female friends back at the ghetto to equip the apartment. Our Ghanaian friend gave us 2 french clients to begin with. One from Burkina Faso and the other from Gambia. There was a need for us to send an account to this countries. I discovered a certain attitude about my man. He behaved as though it was his business and I must step behind. I believed that as a couple, any business needing account has to be mutually agreed upon but he didn't talk about this. He concluded within himself that the money be sent to his brother in Cameroon. I waited the next day and brought the issue for discussion. He was very cunning about it. We had stayed at our Ghanaian friend's place for 2weeks. And we planned on leaving in the next 2days.

The next day, the earlier mentioned Cameroonian friend called to refer my man to a school as an English teacher in the same city but different area. I was shocked he could still do this despite all the insults my man had given him. I spent the night preparing him for the interview, because I studied English, Literature and Theatre Arts at the University and had taught for 5 years. I washed one of his only two trousers left and pressed it the next morning. We kissed each other and off he went. I stayed back praying for his safety because movement in Libya is as it is. You may either get shot or kidnapped to be resold. He came back and told us he was given the job and that not only him, but with his wife (me). He said we have also been offered a house with a well equipped kitchen. He said it was a primary school. I was so reluctant because I have never taught the primary and the salary of 300lyd was not ok to me. I told him I would rather stay to control our business while he teach to add to our income. He pleaded with me that he can't stay without his wife. That we should give it a try and if am not okay we will quit after the first month. In addition, we will come down every weekend and follow the business. He said if I didn't go then he would turn down the job. I didn't want something that I will be blamed later so I gave consensus.

On April 2nd we moved to the school and was shown the living quarters. We did clean up and began teaching that same day. The school had learners ranging from pre-nursery to adults of about 45years who wanted to speak English. Some could say "my name is..." while others couldn't even muster an "A". In the first week, my man and I discovered we were working from 8am to 8pm. .Jesus! We discussed with two of the Nigerian female teachers and thought we should proposed working on shift. After the 2nd week my man and I presented the proposal to the proprietor, who is also a Cameroonian too , married to Libyan and an Egyptian wives. He debunked the idea and presented some reasons which we understood. So I convinced the other teachers to try and understand. Our employer and wife will often take 2 hours after work to talk to us about Islam and becoming a Muslim. In one of these talks, he mentioned that a man can marry four wives and that marriage is simply a contract and nothing like what the Christians make it to be. They really wanted us to become Muslims. My man was so interested , but I told them I would like them to give us Islamic materials to do our research before coming to a decision. We were living in bliss and working on our plans to move over to Europe in due time. After the 3rd week, the school got a contract to teach new students out of campus. We all knew they were going to post my man and I together, rather, it was announced that he will go with another female teacher. I felt a fall in my heart (in fact I will continue later let me cry small. The urge is too strong)

UPDATE: 12:44pm On May 10, 2017

Hey people, I am back after 2 years I began this story. Should I continue it, will u like to know how it has been for the past years?

Before I continue the story, here is a summary 1) October 2015 we got to Italy
2) traditional wedding planned for June 25, 2016.
3) June 18th he was caught cheating with two next door neighbors and marriage cancelled.
4) October 2016 I walked out to Germany being 6 months pregnant
5) November 7 put to birth a succulent baby though born premature due to stress from the father
6) He is still baby's father and my heartbeat but.................

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Cohabiting Boyfriend Proposed To Marry His Arab Student. by Cutehector(m): 11:16pm On Jun 14, 2015
Lalasticlala
Re: My Cohabiting Boyfriend Proposed To Marry His Arab Student. by Cutehector(m): 11:17pm On Jun 14, 2015
Wow.. Confession14 whr hav u been all these while

1 Like

Re: My Cohabiting Boyfriend Proposed To Marry His Arab Student. by Confession14(f): 11:26pm On Jun 14, 2015
Cutehector:
Wow.. Confession14 whr hav u been all these while
once I finish the story I will tell u.
Re: My Cohabiting Boyfriend Proposed To Marry His Arab Student. by Cutehector(m): 11:29pm On Jun 14, 2015
Confession14:
once I finish the story I will tell u.
alryt am waitn
Re: My Cohabiting Boyfriend Proposed To Marry His Arab Student. by elantraceey(f): 11:30pm On Jun 14, 2015
Is this some fairy tale?

2 Likes

Re: My Cohabiting Boyfriend Proposed To Marry His Arab Student. by rawtouch: 11:32pm On Jun 14, 2015
Hmm
Re: My Cohabiting Boyfriend Proposed To Marry His Arab Student. by valmunich(m): 11:45pm On Jun 14, 2015
Real or fictional. angry
Re: My Cohabiting Boyfriend Proposed To Marry His Arab Student. by Confession14(f): 11:46pm On Jun 14, 2015
elantraceey:
Is this some fairy tale?
no sister. It is a realist tale that will teach us one or two and debunk those nairaland myth of 100 things a woman should do to win her man. I am still updating the tale to its end my dear

1 Like

Re: My Cohabiting Boyfriend Proposed To Marry His Arab Student. by Confession14(f): 11:48pm On Jun 14, 2015
valmunich:
Real or fictional. angry
its real. Its happening now and yes to me. Will upload pictures soon
Re: My Cohabiting Boyfriend Proposed To Marry His Arab Student. by Seanixking: 11:59pm On Jun 14, 2015
Is This The Reason You Have Been Off For Quite A Long While?
Re: My Cohabiting Boyfriend Proposed To Marry His Arab Student. by francizy(m): 12:08am On Jun 15, 2015
This is serious! shocked
Re: My Cohabiting Boyfriend Proposed To Marry His Arab Student. by Confession14(f): 12:09am On Jun 15, 2015
Seanixking:
Is This The Reason You Have Been Off For Quite A Long While?
later things. I am still writing
Re: My Cohabiting Boyfriend Proposed To Marry His Arab Student. by Confession14(f): 12:10am On Jun 15, 2015
francizy:
This is serious! shocked
scaringly serious.
Re: My Cohabiting Boyfriend Proposed To Marry His Arab Student. by Seanixking: 12:11am On Jun 15, 2015
Confession14:
later things. I am still writing
All Right. Don't Try To Skip It.
Re: My Cohabiting Boyfriend Proposed To Marry His Arab Student. by Nobody: 12:12am On Jun 15, 2015
Wad happened to ur face, d part u used hair to cover, abi ISIL do u strong tin for libya?
Anyways, make I try read d story, am allergic to long tinz(stories)
Re: My Cohabiting Boyfriend Proposed To Marry His Arab Student. by Seanixking: 12:13am On Jun 15, 2015
elantraceey:
Is this some fairy tale?
Hi, Is Pass BedTime. Can't sleep?
Re: My Cohabiting Boyfriend Proposed To Marry His Arab Student. by Nobody: 12:46am On Jun 15, 2015

Where is your son.

Why didn't you go and resume your job and bring your son over to you in Nigeria. Instead you are talking about one smelling love.

This your story is exceedingly silly. When we have children we are supposed to put foolish things aside and strive to create the best life possible for them. Now you are crying.

2 Likes

Re: My Cohabiting Boyfriend Proposed To Marry His Arab Student. by bellong: 1:00am On Jun 15, 2015
You must this movie script to Alaba or Nnamdi Azikwe street folks. It will make a good sell.
Re: My Cohabiting Boyfriend Proposed To Marry His Arab Student. by chigoizie7(m): 1:10am On Jun 15, 2015
Interestingly stupid I must say. Ride on dear.
Re: My Cohabiting Boyfriend Proposed To Marry His Arab Student. by NifemiOlu(m): 1:18am On Jun 15, 2015
I will understand this story by day break...brain presently shutdown.
Re: My Cohabiting Boyfriend Proposed To Marry His Arab Student. by Richy4(m): 2:13am On Jun 15, 2015
Hmmm just loving the story so far.....
Re: My Cohabiting Boyfriend Proposed To Marry His Arab Student. by cococandy(f): 2:26am On Jun 15, 2015
Ok what happened after he took the second job?

Let me guess he followed the teaching he was told that he could marry more than one wife?
That's what happens when you put your life in the hands of someone who's brain is located in his down below.

I can't believe I read it all lipsrsealed
Re: My Cohabiting Boyfriend Proposed To Marry His Arab Student. by fr3do(m): 3:18am On Jun 15, 2015
#grabs popcorn#
Re: My Cohabiting Boyfriend Proposed To Marry His Arab Student. by Ewuro4: 4:06am On Jun 15, 2015
wow!

What happen to your good job in Lagos?

So he eventually married the girl?

Pls continue.
Re: My Cohabiting Boyfriend Proposed To Marry His Arab Student. by KanwuliaJara: 4:57am On Jun 15, 2015
Well!
If you met in a "troubled" boat heading to Nigeria of all places. . . . ? cry

That is all I needed to read.

Best wishes! kiss

1 Like

Re: My Cohabiting Boyfriend Proposed To Marry His Arab Student. by alfonso36(m): 6:05am On Jun 15, 2015
some dey interesting sha
Re: My Cohabiting Boyfriend Proposed To Marry His Arab Student. by elantraceey(f): 9:03am On Jun 15, 2015
Seanixking:

I was enjoying my beauty sleep when you typed this, good morning.
Re: My Cohabiting Boyfriend Proposed To Marry His Arab Student. by Seanixking: 9:24am On Jun 15, 2015
elantraceey:

I was enjoying my beauty sleep when you typed this, good morning.
Morning. Guess you slept well, Or Did You Have Nightmares?
Re: My Cohabiting Boyfriend Proposed To Marry His Arab Student. by Confession14(f): 11:37am On Jun 15, 2015
Seanixking:

Hahaha I slept sis
Re: My Cohabiting Boyfriend Proposed To Marry His Arab Student. by Confession14(f): 11:41am On Jun 15, 2015
cococandy:
Ok what happened after he took the second job?

Let me guess he followed the teaching he was told that he could marry more than one wife?
That's what happens when you put your life in the hands of someone who's brain is located in his down below.

I can't believe I read it all lipsrsealed
I crave for the beauty of ur syntax cococandy. Well it's now I woke. Will resume writing soon
Re: My Cohabiting Boyfriend Proposed To Marry His Arab Student. by Confession14(f): 11:45am On Jun 15, 2015
bellong:

You must this movie script to Alaba or Nnamdi Azikwe street folks. It will make a good sell.
I have footages of the Saharan desert journey already so I hope to use it when I am to produce the documentary of my 2015 saga.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Leaks Chat With Married Woman Who Cheats On Her Husband / Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? / Photo Of The Day! Triplet Girls Shows Off Swag.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.